Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ China dalls that Don't Shatter ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter one has been edited...

China dolls that don't shatter

By KellyQ


Prologue

I'm glad that I'm not normal. Heck! If I were, my life wouldn't be interesting. I wouldn't be a Digimon Tamer nor have friends ... let me pause on the moment of friends. Ruki hates me, Hirokzu and Kenta think I'm full of it, Juri has a crush on me, and Lee?

It's hard to be sure about him. He's one of those 'I don't want anything but your company.' types. That's what I really like about Lee. He never minded the way I acted except when I call him really early in the morning.

He hates that!

I try not to do so often but I can't help it! I have to hear his voice! Every time we're together I get this trust feeling from him. I got that feeling when we met for the second time. What about the first time you ask?

The first time was an unusual scenario....

It was the day before I created him. I really wanted to have a real live Digimon of my own, that has been my big obsession over the past year. I finally got time during detention to sit down and draw a Digimon. Still there I thought of a name for him:

Guilmon

When he came to life by my D-R he was so scary at first I thought he was going to hurt me but just looked at me with eyes that shined with life. I couldn't believe that something I created came to life and became my best friend.

The next day I specifically told Guilmon to stay put and headed to school trying to have normal day but it just turned out to be a bad one. When I came to check on him he was gone, when I got back to school there was a big mob of children talking amongst each other and the principle describing what he saw. No! I thought, don't let it be Guilmon! When I got closer there was one of the boxes that I used to keep Guilmon from going anywhere.

I had to find him before the police did! They might do some horrible things to him that I didn't want to think about. I started to run down the street just looking not calling. I didn't want people to think I was weird.

Just as I almost lost hope of looking for him that's when I met him

Lee Jenyra.

He was leaning against the post with folded arms, his leg over the other. I would've passed him if he didn't say anything but at first his voice was a little soft. I turned my head just looking at him for one moment when he asked me if Guilmon was a Digimon.

"How did you know that?" I asked.

That's when Terriermon walked up. At first I couldn't believe it! He said one thing that pierced me because he was right; I was not a good tamer. I just ran from them trying to control my shaking body. Don't ask me how I knew where he was but I did and he was right there safe and sound looking at the sunset.

The second time was when Guilmon and I where trying to find a new home for him when out of no where something knocked him down to the ground. I turned to see the girl I dreamt about, I didn't know who she was at the time and she was making her Digimon fight mine. I didn't understand why she wanted to fight that's when he showed up. He still had that stern expression. I was amazed that he showed up and stopped the fight with one comment.

I was grateful for that. If he didn't stop the fight, Guilmon could've died. After a short period of time, our friendship started to grow.

It's now been three-month's since we've known each other. But the last month has not been real easy. The Davas has been showing up, our Digimon has become stronger, and this strange guy with blond hair black sunglass real deep voice has been harassing Lee and I.

I start to shutter at the thought of him. He just gave me the Willis when he came up with an evil grin on his face. He walked closer to us saying that we shouldn't play such a dangerous game. I didn't like the vibes I got from him. The look was not pleasant. It was like he knew something we didn't. Did he really know something? I hope not! I mean, I'm just your average schoolboy in love ... in love with his best friend.

I leaned back against the cold cement wall watching Guilmon taking his 'nappy time' when ...

"Arff! Arff! To much thinking will give you a head-ache."

"AAAH!" I panicked to see Juri's puppet three inches away from my face, "you mind not doing that."

"Bad, dog! Sorry, he kind of gets out of control." She giggled.

"Right." I responded slowly as she flopped down beside me.

"So? what's with the big silent treatment?" Juri finally asked.

"Nothing." I said not even looking at her.

"Oh."

I hate when she does this to me! It's like she can read me like a damn book and she sometimes can. I bit the bottom of my lip. Why can't Juri act more like Ruki or Hirokazu and Kenta? Then I wouldn't hurt her so easily.

"It's me isn't it?" She finally said.

"No of course not," I responded nervously, "you're my friend."

"Is that all I am to you?" She asked again with a hurtful tone.

"Please Juri ... I do like you, your friendship means a lot to me ..."

"You like someone else don't you----"

I didn't reply to that comment. How can I? I'd just hurt her more with the truth that I'm bi. I can feel her eyes on me waiting for me to do something.

"Is it Ruki?"

I shook my head.

"Nikkei?"

I shook my head again.

"Damnit, Takato," Juri hissed as I looked at her wide-eyed.

Never in my whole life I known her to be so upset before, she sank looking away from me with great pain in her eyes.

"--- I like you but your heart is with someone else but you don't want to tell me who that is ..."

"I'm sorry Juri---"

I tried to hug her but she pulled away from me getting up she ran out of the shack. I just sat there feeling tears of my own coming down my face.

"I'm sorry Juri ... I really am," I whispered "but I love Lee."


Chapter One: The Pinful Truth