Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ China dalls that Don't Shatter ❯ Blinded by Jealousy ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Six: Blinded by Jealousy

By: KellyQ

I never thought being a substituter for Lee would be so hard. Considering that I'm nothing compared to her brother. Yet I think I'm doing a good job and this way I feel like I'm helping my boyfriend.

I did take her to go see Guilmon one time and she thought he was cute just like everyone says when they see him. The only thing I don't get is why she's not scared, or concern for her big brother. I would be if my big brother or sister where dying of a deadly virus.

Yet she just play's with Terriermon. That's no problem with me, she should be happy but I know that Terriermon hates it a great deal. I can see it in eyes. I do feel sorry for him but can I do? If I tried to take him away she'll just though a fit!

I did that once when I wanted to go the hospital and visit my boyfriend. Lee missed having his Digimon around and I thought it was a good idea and a good excuse for me to take Terriermon out of the house.

I walked in Suzi's room to that She was dressing the poor Digimon up in a dress that was too sort and too tight. I kindly asked her to take it off and hand me Terriermon. She grabbed the Digimon and said that she was playing with him.

"Just only for a little while and then you can play with him when I get back, okay?"

I thought it was fair but she just refused to even let go of him. I knew that I didn't have because visiting hours where all most over. I asked her one more time for her to hand Lee's Digimon over to me but she just said no. I couldn't take it anymore! How could she be so selfish?

"Do you have any idea what's going on with your big brother right now? Do you know that he's dying?"

She just looked at me with fear in her eyes, and then her expression changed sadness. I hung my head as she ran out of the room sobbing. I didn't mean to make her cry I just wanted to get my point across that she just needs to share.

That was about a week ago .... I think --- or maybe even four .... I don't remember. But she's been a little better about letting me take Terriermon to see Lee. I even went up to her and told her what was on my mind:

"Suzi, I just want to thank for letting me take Terriermon. It means a lot to me that Lee is happy."

But Suzi wasn't even paying any attention to me, she just continued on putting makeup on Terriermon. She turned him around and asked what I thought of the poor Digimon. Terriermon was red in the face when I looked at him. He looked very upset. Who wouldn't blame him? I would be too if my sister dressed me like a drag queen. Yet it still anger's me that she doesn't have the notation that or the passion for her brother.

"Are you guys ready? We're going to the hospital to see Lee."

"Yea I'm ready! Are you?" I asked.

Suzi just looked at me picked Terriermon up and walked out. I hung my head again as I walked out. Lee's going to hate me when she says that I'm being mean to her. I'm trying to do better but it's not good enough for her. I know how protective Lee of his sister.

***********

After waiting for quite some time, the Doctor said that we could see him. We all walked in the room but I stayed at the entrance so that the family could see him first and I could see him last. I know that Lee doesn't mind it. He cares very much for his family and sister.

"How are you feeling sweetheart?"

"Tired," He replied, "ah, I see that you dressed Terriermon up."

"Yea. What do you think?" Suzi asked.

"Uh .... different."

I tried to keep myself from chuckling. Then I noticed that her expression changed.

"When are you coming home?"

"He's very sick, sweetheart," Mrs. Jenyra sighed, "it's going to be awhile before he can."

Suzi took Terriermon and handed him to my boyfriend slid off the bed and walked out. I partly turned my head and watched walk down the hallway. I couldn't help but wonder if she understands what's going on or if she just did that out of kindness I don't know.

"We'll come back to check on you latter."

They both walked past me leaving me and Lee alone.

"Ugh! Will someone hand me a tissue so I can whip the makeup off!" Terriermon demanded.

"Oh, sorry about that." Said Lee quickly as he turned his head reaching across to the table to get a clean-x and handing it to his partner.

Terriermon took the tissue hopped off the bed and started to rub it off. I walked up and sat on the bed next to my boyfriend. That's when I noticed that he wasn't really looking at me. I took his hand but he didn't seem to acknowledge that I was present. I knew it! He hates me.

"Lee-chan, don't be mad at me, I'm trying to help."

"Help? Just leave my sister alone, Takato!"

Oh, shit, I made him jealous! That's not what I wanted! I should've realized that! Damn you, Takato! Why didn't you think!? I reached out to touch his face to explain what was going on but he just turned his head refusing to let me touch him.

"Just go."

"At least hear me out ...."

"I don't need to hear it." He said coldly.

"Lee, I don't understand. I'm trying to make things easy for you!"

"Easy? Do you think it's easy for me to stand by and watch Suzi knowing that I can't do anything for her? I made a promise to protect her, Takato! And I'm not going to let anyone, including you to brake it! Now get out!"

"Fine! Be that way! See if I care what happens to you or Suzi!"

Before I just realized what I was doing I turned walked out slamming the door behind me storming out of the hospital. I didn't stop until I got the shack. The words still echoed in my mind as I sank to the floor feeling a little awkward. Something didn't feel right. It was like Lee pushing me away for some reason and I know why.

"Takato, what's wrong?" Guilmon asked.

"It's nothing." I breathed.

"Okay but can you play with me know?"

"Wait! I need to talk to Takato first then you guys can play." Said Terriermon out of breath.

"What? To tell me that I should've been more polite?"

"Look Takato! It's very hard for Lee to see that he can't do anything and you can. He feels very ashamed that he broke his promise and your doing it for him."

Oh great! Now he thinks I'm taking everything away from him.

"Look at me Takato," Terriermon demanded "Lee needs you right now!"

"Why? To get yelled at some more?"

"You don't get it do you! Lee tried to kill himself shortly after you left ---!"

I felt my breath shorten. No! I got up and started to run toward the Hospital with Guilmon following me.

"No. Stay Guilmon," I said quickly, "I'll be back to play latter okay?"

"Okay. Bye, bye."

I kept on running as fast as I could go repeating to myself praying that Lee was still alive. Why did I do that? Why did I not think what I was doing? Terriermon hopped on my shoulder, it sort of slowed me down. Now I know how it feels when Lee has Terriermon on his shoulder.

Once I got there, Lee's parents where glaring at me. Suzi grabbed by the wrist that I cut myself and pulled me down the hallway to Lee's room. She opened the door and pushed me in closing the door behind me. This was a different room than before.

"L --- Lee-chan," I whispered walking toward the bed chewing my bottom lip.

He was alive but sleeping. I looked down at his sleeping pale face. Putting a shaky hand on his forehead he still had a bad fever. I felt more of my body shake as tears slid down my cheeks repeating in my mind for him to come back to me. I do! I want to apologize for being such an ass. If only I realized sooner this wouldn't have happened!

"Ta - Takato ---" came a faint voice.

"Lee? Oh Lee, I'm soo sorry," I said in a scratchy voice, "I didn't know---"

"Before you say anything else," He interrupted brushing his fingertips along my lips, "I should be the one who should apologize for being the ass ..."

"Me being the ass you being the ass ... it doesn't matter," I said letting his head rest against my chest, "as long as we still have each other."

"Don't worry Takato-chan, I'm not going any where .... not for a while that it." He said in a raspy voice.

I bit the bottom of my lip. I hope that's the fever talking. We stayed like that for some time. But he's right. As long as he takes his medication and show our support he'll be strong enough to come home. He snuggled closer to me when the door opened and the nurse with the nice eyes came in.

"Oh .... I'm sorry .... am I interrupting?"

Lee and I both parted blushing as I shook my head.

"Just don't let the DR's ketch you, okay? Besides visiting hours are over," She said looking at her watch.

I didn't like the way she said that. I nodded my head and hugged Lee telling him that I'll see latter. Besides I wanted to go. I nurse was giving off way to many creepy vibes! I walked out followed by my boyfriends Digimon.

"I don't like that lady," Terriermon said interrupting my thoughts, "she was looking at you two ..."

That comment made me stop and think. He does have a point about that. I remember having the fever once and it only took three hours for the fever to go down. I guess if you have AIDS it's different. But Terriermon is right! Something's not right. Lee's getting weaker and weaker. I've to tell his parents that nothings working even with the medication ... his medication! I don't see them in his room or see it in the DR's hands when he comes! That's got to be it! I have to get him out of here or he'll die!

"Come on, Terriermon!"

"Where are we going?" He asked following me.

"We're busting Lee out of here, tonight!"

"What!"

"You heard me! But can't do this alone, I'm going to need some help!"

"How?"

"Lee's father! He's the only one I know who knows marshal arts besides Lee!"

"Yea! But what if you're wrong? What if what's the sign of his illness?"

I stopped short. He might be right but I want to see if my theory is right before I throw my hands in the air and say that I was wrong and apologize.

Chapter Seven

Man what's going on here??? Are the people in the medical field that mean?? Or is Takato just being to protective of his Lee-chan? Find out!