Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ College Reunion, or Correcting a Past Mistake ❯ Part 1- Where Are We Now ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

College Reunion, or Correcting a Past Mistake

Part 1 - Where Are We Now

By Robster80 (R80)

Co-Written by TheUNB

WARNING: This story is for 18 or older readers! There's foul language, and sexual content. The latter won't be in every chapter, but there will be in a few of them. If you are under 18, PLEASE stop reading right now and turn back!

You have been warned.

DISCALIMER: I do NOT, repeat, do NOT own any of the characters in this story! This is FANFICTION, so this is written for fun, not profit! I don't even own the songs or the matching lyrics to said songs used as chapter breaks.

How? How can it be, that a love - carved out of caring, fashioned by fate - could suffer so hard, from the games played once too often?” - Lyrics from “Something About You” by Level 42

She was naked in the void, but she felt no shame. She'd been naked before certain others, so it didn't feel shameful… not at first…

“Hikari…”

Hikari “Kari” Yagami turned at the voice. “...Miyako?” Yes, there was Miyako Inoue, naked as her save for her bandana and glasses. Miyako held her arms out to Kari, her former co-lover.

Mistake number one.

“Come back to me… you know you want that… come back to us…”

“Us?” Kari asked, puzzled. Then more appeared before her… to Miyako's left was Iori Hida, who was on his knees but also naked; his cheeks were red and he said nothing though he looked embarrassed. He was young, but his size… it had been his size that made her curious… and aroused…

Mistake number two.

Kari shook her head. “No… no, that was a long time ago. I was young then, and foolish.”

“Yes you were, Kari.”

Gasping, Kari looked to Miyako's right. There was Sora Takenouchi, naked like the rest… only she was sitting sideways on the lap of Kari's brother, Taichi “Tai” Yagami. There was a wicked smile on her face while Tai's expression was a small smile. Sora looked right at Kari.

“You were foolish… and easy to trick into what I convinced you to do… but you had fun, right? Both times? First with Tai alone… and then with both of us together?”

Kari felt the blood drain from her face as she recalled those forbidden, hateful memories… memories of seducing her older brother fully while their parents weren't home, and the day after where she, Tai, and Sora had a threesome over at Sora's…

Mistake numbers three and four.

Sora held up a hand and crooked a finger, beckoning Kari to come over. “C'mere. Let's all have some fun. Tai's up for it.”

“Yeah,” Tai said almost as if he was in a haze, “let's do it again, little sister.”

“P-please be gentle with me,” Iori muttered, his complexion a deeper red now while his little man was at full attention.

“Me first,” Miyako added, arms still wide open.

Kari shook her head; she wouldn't do it, not again. Not after what it had cost her. “No. No, I won't. Those days are long gone, and I won't do it again. ...I won't hurt him again!”

“He doesn't have to know,” Sora spoke, “unless… you confess to him again. Like you did before.”

Turning away, Kari closed her eyes and put her hands to her ears. “I couldn't take it anymore! I hated lying to him, hiding from him my wrongs when he was loyal to me! He had to know it from me, it was better if I fessed up than he found out from someone else! He was my best friend, my boyfriend! I didn't mean to hurt him!”

And then, a new voice came from behind her, one she dreaded yet longed for…

“Mistake number 5, and the worst one yet.”

She heard the voice, and it made her eyes fly open. “TK?!” She turned, and she was no longer naked. There was TK, clothed, but there was a suitcase at his side. He looked at her… Gods, the pain on his face, the feeling of betrayal…

“I loved you, Hikari… but I wasn't enough, was I? That's why you and Miyako became lovers even though she had Ken… I was alright with it, even when you and her convinced me to have a threesome with you both… but even that wasn't enough, was it? Iori… your own brother Tai… him and his girlfriend… And I was faithful to you.”

Hot tears ran down Kari's face. “Takeru…”

But TK took hold of his suitcase and turned away. “Never again… You were the first love of my life, Hikari… and you'll be the last… Goodbye. We'll never meet again.” And he began to walk away.

“NO!” Kari tried to run towards him, but despite the movement of her legs she never got closer to TK's retreating form. Worse yet, her legs were becoming heavier and heavier; it wasn't enough to muster all her strength as her legs slowed down, refusing to cooperate. Kari reached out at TK's back, which was starting to fade. “COME BACK! TK, COME BACK, I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY!! DON'T LEAVE ME! TK! TK!!!!”

“How can you just walk away from me, when all I can do is watch you leave? `Cause we've shared the laughter and the pain, and even shared the tears. You're the only one who really knew me at all...” Lyrics from “Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now)” by Phil Collins

“TK-! OOOF! ...Owww…” Kari put a hand to her face, using two fingers to rub her eyes to get the sleep out of them. When she opened them, she became aware of several things… first, she was on the floor of her shared apartment just off her college campus; she'd rolled out of bed in her sleep, and half-dragged her sheets with her as they were somewhat tangled around her legs. Second, it was semi-light or semi-dark in the room, suggesting early morning was the time. Third, and most important of all, her one side hurt from when she hit the floor.

Carefully freeing her legs, Kari sat up and checked her alarm clock. The time was 6:03am. Thinking back to when she fell asleep after finishing her one course's homework, she had only gotten about 6-7 hours of sleep. That, combined with her bad dream, made it feel like she had slept less. Sighing quietly, the dream still lingering in her mind, Kari was thankful that she hadn't woken up her roomies.

Knock, knock!

Kari, you okay in there?

~Strike that last mental comment.~ Before Kari could reply, her bedroom door opened and her two roommates stood in her doorway. One of them, a blonde by the name of Ayaka Yukihiro, yawned before she made a comment. “Two nights in a row… at least today's Saturday and we don't have classes. Seriously, Kari…” Ayaka was wearing a long sleep shirt that covered her legs down to her ankles.

The other girl, a bluenette by the name of Cherise Adjani, shot a reproaching look at Ayaka. Unlike Ayaka, she wore a buttoned shirt that hung over her thighs enough to cover her panties (at least Kari hoped Cherise was wearing panties). “People can't control their dreams, Ayaka. And at least Kari doesn't sleepwalk.”

Rubbing her sore side, Kari carefully got to her feet, revealing she was in a sleep t-shirt and a pair of pink panties. “Honestly, I think I'd prefer sleepwalking.” She gave a short yawn, still reeling from the dream. “I'm really sorry-.”

“Dreaming about your ex again?” Ayaka blurted out.

“...Yeah…” Kari suddenly felt like she'd been caught robbing the cookie jar by her parents while Tai had done it unnoticed.

Ayaka rolled her eyes. “You called out his name, I heard it clearly. ...How many years has it been since you and he broke up, and then he moved away? Surely he's moved on with his life.”

“Not helping,” Cherise hissed loudly. Of course, Cherise knew Ayaka only knew the barest of details concerning Kari and her ex-boyfriend and ex best friend; Kari had confided only in Cherise the full story, and with her own checkered past the bluenette had been very supportive of Kari while keeping what she knew tight-lipped from their no-nonsense roommate and friend. In fact, she only told one person she trusted more than anyone - her cousin/guardian (and former best friend with benefits) Kou Uramecha.

“Look, Ayaka, why don't you go back to bed? I got this.”

“Actually, I think I'll go for my morning walk. I doubt I can get back to sleep.”

“Sorry…”

Ayaka's expressions softened at Kari. “Don't worry about it. I was going to get up in about 12 minutes away for my walk.” And she left for her room to get dressed.

Cherise closed the door behind her and approached Kari, the two of them now sitting on the edge of Kari's bed. “He was really something,” Cherise said, putting a gentle arm around Kari's back. “Wasn't he?” She and Kari spoke in quiet voices, in case Ayaka would overhear.

“He was my best friend… and more… so much more… ...and I went and screwed up everything.” Kari closed her eyes as tears threatened to come. Her dream was yet another painful reminder of the love she had lost.

“Honey,” Cherise said softly, trying to soothe her pained friend and roomie. “Honey, it wasn't all your fault… your brother's girlfriend was partially responsible.

“I know… but Miyako and Iori… that was all me. Me and my damned libida.

At this Cherise couldn't make a quick response; she knew all too well how a girl's sex drive could lead to stupid mistakes. “...Listen, Kou promised to come over and make us breakfast today. It'll be early, but say the word and I'll call him to come over as soon as he can. Some hot, rich food in your stomach will perk you up, I promise. Especially my cousin's cuisine.”

“Don't know if I can eat, but… I'll try.”

“Trust me, once you take that first bite, you will be hard pressed to stop.” Cherise then got up. “I'll go make the call, and let you know when to get dressed.” And she left Kari's room.

Breakfast was the farthest thing on Kari's mind, but she knew better than to argue with Cherise when the bluenette had made up her mind. As more sunlight filled the room, Kari went to her dresser and began picking out fresh clothes. As Ayaka had said, it was Saturday so no classes, and Kari could wear whatever she felt like. After picking out her clothes for the day plus clean undergarments, she set her clothes on the bed and started to undress. However, her eye caught a picture on her nightstand, one that she recently had been sent by her mother… and had been possibly a trigger for her recent dreams.

It was a group shot that had Kari somewhere in the bottom of the right, an arm around her then best friend and future boyfriend Takeru “TK” Takaishi; it was the Chosen Kids, the original eight (Kari was the eighth) and the new four. The picture had been taken a year after the defeat of Beliel Vamdemon. By then, most of the Chosen had formed romantic relationships with one another… originally Sora had been dating Yamato “Matt” Ishida, TK's older brother, but they amicably split and Sora soon dated Tai, whom had been her first love… Miyako got with Ken Ichijouji… Matt and Mimi Tachikawa became a couple just before Mimi moved back from America… Iori was too young to have any romantic interests… Jyou Kido and Koshiro “Izzy” Izumi got girlfriends outside of the group… Daisuke “Davis” Motomiya tried to go out with Kari as he'd long had feelings for her, but… but it was TK that Kari had fallen for.

Sometime after that photo had been taken, a new and much more powerful enemy appeared… this enemy easily defeated the Chosen and their Digimon partners, but left them alive for his own ego and amusement… it was after that close call that Kari confessed to TK she was worried the next time none of them would survive…

And she convinced him to make love to her, take their relationship to the next level. TK was hesitant, given his parents had married young because they had been intimate and weren't careful; but Kari convinced him they were not his parents and they were wiser than other teens their age… in the end TK accepted Kari's request, and they made love for the first time…

Had it been wise? Had Kari been rushing things? Either way, that was the real beginning of Kari's descent from grace (in her own mind). Later, Kari would come to know the other Chosen couples came to the same realization and had deepened their own relationships as she and TK had.

Not long after that, Kari realized she was bisexual, or bicurious… and it was Miyako whom she approached to have lesbian sex with. Miyako, like TK, seemed hesitant, but in the end she and Kari consummated… and after a talk with both their boyfriends they became lovers - Kari to Miyako and TK, and Miyako to Kari and Ken. Around the same time Sora and Mimi, too, became co-lovers between their respective boyfriends.

Maybe that was when the red flags should have gone up, Kari thought while reflecting on those times. Maybe then she should have realized something was wrong, or that her sexual hunger was growing out of control little by little… because eventually she convinced Miyako to seduce TK into a threesome; TK tried to refuse (as had Miyako before the seduction took place), but eventually the girls wore him out and he allowed himself to sleep with both girls for one day. Kari later spoke in private of the event with Sora and Mimi, whom later had a threesome with Tai (Matt was pre-warned and he reluctantly gave his approval as long as it was once and only once).

And then came the moment when Kari's sexual appetite got the better of her - she and Miyako were tending to Iori who had been wounded in one battle, they were alone in an apartment (Kari forgot whose apartment it was) with no family to walk in on them… while treating Iori the girls discovered the younger boy was well-endowed… and Kari suggested she and Miyako test Iori's manhood. Miyako flatly was against it, but in the end she gave in and the two rocked Iori's world… in the end they agreed to never speak of it again, or especially have another go. Kari didn't think of telling TK; it was a one-time fling and she'd never have sex with any other man again, right?

Wrong - WAY Wrong.

Sora, her own sexual hunger wanting more, blackmailed Kari to seduce her own brother Tai. Kari tried to refuse, but Sora knew about the threesome with Iori and Kari reluctantly gave in… and during a night when their parents were out very late, Kari slipped into her brother's bed, woke him with a blowjob, and then seduced him to fuck her. Unfortunately, that was not the end, as Sora blackmailed Kari into having a threesome with herself, Sora, and Tai; if Kari didn't agree, Sora would slip that Tai was an incestial. Kari made Sora swear first to never tell about the threesome OR the forced fling, and then that they'd never do it again, no matter how much they'd enjoy it. And so Kari, Tai, and Sora pleased each other thoroughly at Sora's place… and they had fun (though Kari hated to admit it).

After that, though, Kari made herself exclusive only to Miyako and TK. However, eventually the Chosen defeated their new enemy once and for all, and their lives regained some normalcy. Even their Digimon returned to the Digital World to allow their partners to have normal lives…

But Kari soon became ridden with guilt over her flings. Miyako must have been, too, because she eventually told Kari she wanted to end their bisexual pact so she could be with Ken fully. Miyako had even gone to confess of the threesome with Iori, but Ken forgave her since it had been Kari's ideas for both, and as long as that was the end of the threesomes he'd forget what had happened; and Miyako agreed to that.

Finally, the guilt was too much to hide anymore… and Kari confessed to TK her cheating; first with Sora tricking her into sleeping with Tai and their later threesome… and then the threesome with Miyako and Iori, whom Kari swore had been forced into the situation. She swore she was done being sexually hungry, and would be TK's and his only…

But TK wasn't as forgiving as Ken had been. At least not towards Kari… Iori, TK willingly forgave since he was young and had been trapped by two attractive girls… Tai, TK somewhat forgave, as Tai didn't resist harder… Sora, TK was lenient but it was a good long while before he let go of his anger towards his “big sister”...

But Kari… TK told her it was best if they stopped seeing each other. He had been calm when he said it, eerily calm… but the anger, the hurt was evident in his voice. He asked back for her key to his place, and politely asked her to leave, and not to come back. Kari did as he asked, and dragged herself home. She'd later learn from Matt, who was not thrilled with her for cheating on TK like she did, that TK swore to himself Kari was the first and the last - he'd never love (and be hurt) again. Matt then flat out told her to never go near TK again, his only warning.

The rest of the Chosen soon found out about TK and Kari's breakup, but only a select few knew the full details (or wanted to know, as both Koushiro and Jyou politely asked not to be told). Mimi, while sympathetic to Kari some, avoided speaking to her for a while; Mimi and Matt also took a prolonged period of abstinence to see if their relationship was really love or not, as did Miyako and Ken. Sora and Tai felt guilty for adding to the eventual breakup, and sometime later Tai and Sora decided to just remain friends (at least for a few years before they reconciled).

And then came the final blow, a month later… Kari decided she needed to talk to TK, to try and salvage their friendship at least. She knew she'd have to beg, plead, throw herself at his feet for forgiveness; even if they'd never be boyfriend and girlfriend again, she'd be happy if they could regain their friendship somehow. She had Tai come with her so he could help even just a little...

...But that was the day she found out TK and his mom were moving out of Odaiba, Ms. Takaishi taking a job in another city. Kari hadn't been told as Matt made everyone else keep it from her as he still hadn't forgiven her. When she saw the others standing on the sidewalk while a car and a moving van were preparing to drive away, Tai confessed what was going on. As the vehicles pulled away from the sidewalk, Kari broke into a run, calling TK's name. Matt tried to stop her, but she knocked him aside and kept running until the vehicles were too far away, the traffic system working in their favor as they had green lights all the way. Finally, after at least two blocks, Kari stopped running and watched as the car carrying TK away was about to turn a corner… and with tears in her eyes, she understood what she had lost…

From that day on Kari, too, vowed to never give her heart again, and to never let her libida lead her astray ever again…. She and TK were each other's first loves… and their last. That was her own punishment for what she had done.

The years went by… a few guys tried their hardest to date Kari, but she turned every single one down. Davis joked about them giving it a try once, but deep down he understood her motives and respected her choices. Eventually, he went to a different high school than her, and eventually he stopped contacting her (his final message was that his girlfriend wouldn't like it if she found out he was messaging another girl). Kari didn't fault him for that, but she (again) had lost a good guy friend.

Kari made the Chosen reunion every year for about three years, though TK never came to any of them; nobody seemed to know anything about his whereabouts or how he was doing, only that he was “busy.” Kari suspected Matt, still holding a grudge, strongarmed the others into keeping her in the dark. The following year, Kari decided she wasn't going to the reunions anymore; she figured she was the real reason TK wasn't coming to them, and as it had originally been Tai and the rest who had gone to the Digital World in the first place, she really had no reason to attend the group's reunion. But even with her not going, she found out TK was unable to come back to Odaiba due to various circumstances. Finally, Matt came to her and apologized for his over-the-top grudge… and told her that actually six months after the move, TK and his mother moved to America; and TK couldn't fly back because he and his mother couldn't afford yearly round trips to and from Japan, and she refused to let him go by himself no matter how mature he was compared to kids his age. Matt offered to give Kari anything she wanted to know about TK and how he was doing, but Kari politely refused; she had accepted he was no longer a part of her life, and she wanted to let him alone and believe he was happy without her.

She graduated high school and successfully got accepted into the first college of her choice… and now she was a sophomore in college in Juban, majoring in teaching with photography as a secondary course. Naturally she studied hard and got excellent marks (Jyou, she joked, was an influence), and after a year in a dorm, she had made good friends in Ayaka and Cherise, and together they convinced their families to let them get an apartment just off campus together; Kari even got a part-time job as a bartender at a nearby popular and respectable strip club. So far Kari had been doing very well for herself…

But now with the dreams of her past sexual escapades haunting her, Kari felt the wounds starting to come open anew. For the first time in a long time, she thought about TK… where he was… what he was doing… whom was he with...�

She silently prayed he had found love again, a better love… after what she did to him, he deserved better than her. Even so, a part of her….

Shaking her head, Kari tried hard to force herself back to the present; she had to change, put on antiperspirant, and prepare for the upcoming breakfast. As she peeled off her bedclothes, Kari began to remind herself of what she had to do today: after breakfast she had to go get her paycheck (she forgot it twice in the last two days), deposit said paycheck at the bank, go grocery shopping (it was her turn this weekend), and then call her parents, her brother, and the other chosen kids she knew wouldn't be busy today via Skype. After all that, with lunch and dinner somewhere in the mix, she'd hopefully have a little downtime before her shift at 8pm.

As she finished putting on a clean bra with matching panties, there was a new knock on her door. Cherise's voice called through the door to say “Kou's on his way - and he's going all out for us, he's making his famous steak & eggs breakfast.

Kari paused - she'd heard Kou was an outstanding cook, and Cherise especially gabbed about anytime he made a meal that included any form of beef. “You told me he was making his world-famous pancakes for us this time,” she said loudly so her voice would get through the door.

Yeah, well… I mentioned you were down, and he said he felt like steaks today instead of pancakes, so-.

“Fine, fine, but next time he owes me pancakes. Butterfinger pancakes!”

I likie how you thinkie.

Laughing a bit, feeling slightly better Kari finished putting on her antiperspirant and threw on a t-shirt that had a picture of the main cast of Sailor Moon on the front, followed by jean shorts (while it was september it was still warm enough for shorts) and a clean pair of white socks with pink toe-tips. Fully dressed, Kari exited her room and went for the kitchen to begin setting up for Kou's arrival. She felt the sooner he began cooking, the sooner they could eat. Also, she wanted to remind him to not use cooking oil spray on certain pans given they were those new and popular copper pans that cleaned easily and prevented food sticking to their surfaces… provided no oils of any kind were used during the cooking.

As she prepped the kitchen, Kari noticed the three shopping lists and two money envelopes tacked via a magnet to the door of the fridge; Ayaka had put up her share and list before she had left for her morning walk. Good, her roomies had made their lists and provided their share of the grocery funds. ~Once I get my check and deposit it minus my share of the grocery money, I'll hit the market.~

Bartending at a strip club proved to be a very lucrative job, though not as much as either waiting tables or especially performing on stage. However, Kari made it very clear when she applied for work at the club she didn't want to show her goods or risk getting “felt up” by any touchy-feely customers who had too much to drink or just were pervs. And she admitted that it was nice to chat with the designated drivers of any groups that came to the club; they at least respected that she was just there to talk and serve drinks, not put on a show (save for a few fancy mixing she picked up from the head barkeep and co-head bouncer, Ms. King).

Minutes later, there was a knock on the door. “I'll get it,” a fully-dressed Cherise said loudly, exiting her room and making for the foyer. Without checking the door, she opened it and smiled at the awaiting visitor. “Nice timing, Kou.

Kou Uramecha smiled at his cousin. “Good to see you're not answering the door in your robe or sleep attire this time.” Passing Cherise, he planted a quick kiss on her cheek before making his way to the kitchen, arms loaded with fixings.

“Hey now, I gave that up except when I know my Kazuma's coming over.”

“And with the apartment all to yourself,” Kari added with a friendly smirk. She nodded at Kou while moving passed him so he could get busy making breakfast. “Thanks for coming by, Kou, and for making breakfast.”

“Anytime, Hika. You seem in good spirits despite what my cousin told me earlier.” Kou looked at Cherise. “Ayaka in?”

“Nope - out walking.”

“Good.” With Ayaka out, they could freely talk about certain things. Plus Kou thought she was a bit of a snob given she was from a rich family “...So what happened, Kari?”

With a short sigh, Kari said, “Just… dreamt about TK… ...and my wild days leading to him and my splitting up coming back to haunt me.”

“She was calling his name in her sleep,” Cherise added, “and she fell out of bed during her dream.”

Not stopping in his work starting up the stove, Kou frowned. “You still got his older brother's contact info, right? Why not use that to find out about TK?”

“Because Matt right now is on a trip to Florida sponsored by his college, and won't be back anytime soon.”

“Florida?”

“The guy is giving up making music for becoming an astronaut,” Cherise stated, “the trip's to Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center.”

“...Giving up music to go into space? I've heard weirder changes in careers. Okay, so he's out. What about the rest?”

“Mimi's still recovering from a bad cold so she's off the grid until she's better, Jyou's in Germany for his final year of med school, Koushiro's booked this weekend with his girlfriend, and both Tai and Sora haven't spoken to him in years; they feel just as guilty as I do.”

“What about the rest? Ken? Miyako? Iori? Daisuke?”

Kari shook her head at each name. “They weren't as tight with TK like the original group is.” Kari finished setting the table and then sat down in a chair. “Ever since my mom sent me one of our old group photos, my subconscious must have it out to remind me of all the damage I did after my cherry was popped.”

Kou, after waiting for the skillet to be hot enough, threw on two steaks which began to sizzle loudly before he started heating up a separate pan for the eggs (since steaks took longer to cook). “You might be worried he's still angry with you for all that, too.” It wasn't a question, but a guess brought on by a bit of psychology Kou read up on years back when he was trying to help Cherise cope with the brainwashing his bastard/sicko uncle put on her to be his “plaything.”

“...And he'd have every right.”

“Maybe… maybe you shouldn't have told him about your… flings,” Cherise suggested.

“Oh sure, Cherise, I should have kept it to myself and let the fucking guilt eat me alive from within. Or worse, I should have waited until somehow the truth came out from someone else and have TK be really pissed at me for not telling him myself. I was doomed any way you look at it. ...I thought hearing it from me first was the least painful way… and maybe… maybe I hoped he'd be more… ...aw, who am I fooling? Ken forgave Miyako mainly because she'd been against both threesomes while I was the one who suggested both in the first place-.”

“Hey, Kari.” Kou's snapping brought her to look at him. He had a sour look on his face. “Beating yourself up again won't help you. I know, I've done that to myself plenty of times.”

“When nobody else was trying to beat you into a bloody smear.”

“Cherise, would you kindly be quiet? ...Kari, you did pick the better option by coming clean. Hon
estly, at least TK didn't go and kill himself after you told him everything. Or worse.”

“Say, Kari,” Cherise then said, “uh at risk of getting clobbered… TK never…. ...cheated on you, did he?”

Kari shot Cherise a nasty look. “TK? Cheat on me? I did tell you he tried to refuse having a threesome with Miyako and me, right?”

Feeling regretful, Cherise turned aside. “Sorry-.”

“Plus… ...I just remembered there was one time he actually turned down and outright refused a threesome between himself, Sora and Mimi.”

“Huh?!”

Even Kou froze in shock. This was new info he never heard before and he'd gotten to know a lot about Hikari Yagami, and her `interesting life.' “When was this?”

Kari grew sadder. “It was right after we defeated… that bastard whose name I can't and don't want to remember, before I confessed my trysts… hell, it was the final reason why I couldn't stand the guilt anymore… Sora told me that the idea started during a hot date between her and Mimi, and they had a drink or two and they started talking about their respective guys and how they compare… physically and in bed and the like. Somehow TK was brought up and Sora was curious how good he was with a girl. I never talked in depth about my times with TK at all to either of them, so when Sora mentioned it Mimi became curious as well… and somehow they got the idea to see about seducing TK.”

“Did they ask you for permission?”

Shaking her head, Kari continued, “Sora suggested not letting me know - she knew I was still miffed that she got me to-. ...You know.”

Kou extended a hand and shook his head. “Sore subject, we get you, say no more.”

“Thank you.” ~Like I really want to again openly admit I fucked my own brother, twice.~ “Anyway, the only ones they talked about it to were Tai and Matt. Tai wasn't thrilled, but because he was told it might slip about him and me, he kept his mouth shut. Matt, though… if I recall right he was livid more so than when Mimi said she wanted to do it with Sora and Tai together, but he agreed under the condition that if TK refused, they were to respect his wishes and back off.

“Long story short, they tricked TK into taking him shopping with them, and intentionally kept him out until it started raining hard and they ducked into a motel. Naturally the girls made slow, subtle advances, before Sora went for the kill and kissed him on the lips. TK didn't take it very well, from what she said - he pushed her away and asked what she was doing before Mimi blurted out they had permission and then TK quickly understood what was going on and he told them he wasn't giving in to another threesome. He really got upset when they told him I didn't know about it, and he went off on them like they'd never seen him get angry before; he said he mainly did it with me and Miyako because I loved him and Miyako equally, but that was just one time and he asked me to never persuade him to do anything like that again. He said I was the only girl he loved and he wouldn't backstab me for anything or anyone, not even his surrogate big sisters. He then locked himself in the bathroom until his wet clothes had been dried and then he left to walk home in the rain. Both Sora and Mimi had to apologize for almost a week before he forgave them, but he made them promise never to try seducing him again, either together or individually.

“When Sora told me all this… when I heard TK's determination to never cheat on me… ...I knew I couldn't look him in the eye anymore unless I came clean about my own cheating.” Then Kari looked at Cherise. “You asked me if he was really something, Cherise… he was more than that. When I lost him… I lost a huge part of me I haven't gotten back. For a while I somehow managed to block it out… but now....”

“...Suppose you do find him,” Kou then asked while continuing to cook, “what then?”

“I'll tell him how sorry I am for all I did, I'll beg his forgiveness… then I'll ask if we could go back to the way we were before we gave each other our virginities. If he says yes, maybe there's a chance we… that I can make things right between us, and find the love I lost. If he says yes but he wants to keep it as friends, I'll be happy with that. If he says no… or he's finally found someone to take away the pain… then at least maybe I'll have peace of mind, and can try moving on.”

~Damn, the first love really is the hardest to get over…~ Cherise then walked over to put an assuring hand on Kari's shoulder. “Well, you need any help finding him, we got your back, Kari.” She looked up at Kou. “Right, Kou?”

“Far be it from me to leave a lady in distress on her own. But as a wise man once said, `but first, we must eat.'”

“Who said that?”

Yoda, in The Empire Strikes Back.

Kari couldn't help but laugh at Kou's joke. “I swear you keep surprising me with your pop culture refs and anecdotes. You hardly seem the type when we first met, and even knowing you so well it's still surprising.”

The sole male in the room shrugged, reaching over for a glass jar labeled with the young man's own custom meat seasonings and sprinkled some onto the meat. A quick inhale of the aroma and the sizzling told him they were close to being finished. “Eh' aside from escapism stuff being my only salvation when I was forced to stay with my asshole Grandfather, an online buddy of mine is great as providing me stuff to look into.” Left unsaid was he was into some of the movies and books he enjoyed, because he discovered his dead parents had been into such things and thus explored them to see both the appeal and seek a sense of closeness to the dead.

Satisfied with the meat, Kou set the skillet aside to let the steaks finish cooking in their own juices. Taking a fresh pan he took some pre-cut butter and tossed it into the skillet, soon melting and coating the bottom. Humming a tune he reached for two eggs with one hand and successful with a skill many would envy, cracked said eggs into the buttered skillet without a bit of eggshell in the mix.

Wanting music better than his own humming, as soon as he cast the egg shells into a nearby waste bin he reached out and pushed a button on his MP3 player which began belting out `Thunderstruck' by AC/DC, set to medium so while the music was audible nobody had their eardrums blown out. His body moving to the music he reached over, grabbing a carton of sweet cream, adding a `pinch' to the eggs, before taking a whisk and began to stir and fluff them up.

By now the two females were drooling as they enjoyed the `breakfast and a show', while the aroma of good food was filling their nostrils. “Seriously maybe we should just stay housemates and keep Kou as our personal chef after we graduate.”

“Don't tempt me Cherise.”

Rolling his eyes, Kou chuckled and added some seasoning from another custom shaker of his own mixture. Once he was satisfied with the eggs he set the pan onto a cooling cloth. “Alright now for the toast, to which I WILL doctor up with sweets.”

Hikari and Cherise both let out moans that were damn near sexual. “Choco-Butterfinger Texas Toast?”

“Is there any other kind? Consider it my peace offering for the lack of pancakes” Quipped the young man as he took out his last cooking instrument, a medium sized, square griddle pan to which he set on the stove as he took out six slices of imported American Texas Toast. Buttering the pieces he put them on the skillet to heat up as he got out some chocolate spread and a custom made Butterfinger style spread which looked more peanut butter than chocolate.

As Kou finished cooking the girls finished setting the table and setting out drinks. Soon the food was ready and they sat down, eating merrily while an extra helping was kept on the kitchen counter for when Ayaka returned.

“So Cousin O' mine what's your schedule like today?”

Taking a bite of his meal, Kou savored his own cooking, glad it turned out well. After swallowing and down some of his `black as my soul' coffee, he shrugged. “Day's open unless I get called in early. What about you girls?”

“No classes today, and my homework's all done; it's my turn to do the shopping but first I need to get my paycheck and put it into the bank.” Kari admitted, looking across the table after taking a bite of steak, and making a pleasant sound of approval. “I swear the boss should make you the cook and not the bouncer.”

“If we served more than finger foods, maybe but I'd probably still be at the door or walking the floor anyway.” Mused Kou as he sipped his coffee. “By the way you alright after that drunk guy kept at 'ya from the other night Hika?”

Smiling she nodded, munching some toast. “I've got thick enough skin I don't break down when a drunk customer gets pushy about me letting him touch me in ways that violates my personal rules or the club's own.” She allowed her smile to get a touch wicked. “Plus between you lifting the guy off the floor, and the chewing out the boss gave him, it made all the verbal harassment worth it.”

“One must get their kicks in life somewhere.” Giggled Cherise, adding creamer to her own coffee (unlike her cousin she needed it somewhat sweat). “Um tho' not to be a killjoy, I do have one more thing to say in regards to our topic of discussion earlier.”

Lifting an eyebrow, Kari tilted her head to give Cherise her full attention. “Mmmph?” She inquired, muffled as she was busy chewing a bite of egg.

Putting on her best sympathetic expression, she reached over to touch Kari's arm gently. “If all this baggage continues to bug you hon, as much as I KNOW it's hard to confide about it to anyone, you might consider getting some help from a professional to work through it.”

Blinking rapidly, Kari swallowed her egg, harder than planned and beat her chest to get it down and took a swig of tea to wash it down. “W-well that is a thought, but we got our own resident shrink right here!” She insisted, pointing at Kou.

Finishing off his coffee, Kou set the mug down and calmly pours himself another cup. “Hika, much as I am always willing to leave my door open if you need to talk; I'm still NOT a trained professional.” He insisted, firmly, with a look in his eerie purple eyes to match it. “I studied psychology a lot, and even got a sort of certification, I am in no ways a practicing professional. Even with all I tried to do for her, I still took Cherise to a real psychologist when it was obvious I was in over my head. Yeah it sucks talking your crap out, but it can do wonders.”

~If only you'd take your own advice…~ Thought Cherise bitterly, not so much in anger, but in concern of her cousin who moved mountains for her but barely lifts a hand to see to his own well-being outside of an acceptable margin.

Sipping his coffee, his expression softened. “Cherise and I… can relate to having disturbing shit that would make ya' a pariah if it got out.” Setting his mug down he leaned forward, giving Hikari his full attention. Despite he was Hikari's age, with Cherise older than them both by almost three years; he looked and sounded so much the older sibling. “All that said, nobody's going to force it, and if you want my biggest advice to maybe finding closure. Find a way to contact your Ex, and talk if he'll let you. Maybe he'll be willing to bury the hatchet, I wish I could say and as Cherise put it, whatever you do, we're behind ya' but you oughta think this all through.”

He shot her a warm smile and held up his mug as if to toast to her. “So you fucked up, we all do;
we live, we learn and despite it all, you are a good woman Hikari. A bad bitch wouldn't be beating herself up, if just in our eyes I'd say you've earned yourself a redemption.”�

“How the fuck are you still single when you're so thoughtful?” Muttered Kari as she looked away, partially trying to change the subject, but also humbled and appreciative of his words. After so many of her guy friends either vanished from her life or, were at the epicenter of her misery, it was nice to have one being a friend and not trying to hit on her constantly like others have on and off. Which made his advice all the more appealing to take seriously since he wasn't out to get into her panties himself.

Cherise fixed her cousin with a look that spoke `yeah I'd like that answer myself'. To which Kou stayed silent and simple stabbed some eggs and munched them. Ignoring the question he spoke again. “Just my couple o' yen thoughts. N' yeah he may still not forgive, and it's his right to not give forgiveness. Least you'll have tried.”

~I'm too damn damaged for anyone, I'm better off just looking after others.~ The male thought, and quickly as the thoughts came, buried them before the girls started in on him.

Thinking on his words, Kari had to admit, Kou and Cherise weren't wrong. Either seeing a specialist to get her issues work out would be dicey but may prove useful. On the other shoe, as much as it terrified her, it rung true being able to bury the hatchet and at least know if TK didn't hate her anymore would be nice. She may still not forgive herself even given absolution, but whatever route she took it was better than nothing. Especially with these guilt dreams building over and over.

“I'm going crazy, I'm losing sleep, I'm in too far, I'm way too deep over you… I can't believe you're gone… You were the first, you'll be the last.” Lyrics from “The Flame” by Cheap Trick

Slapping a hand on his alarm clock, TK groggily lifted his head to check the time. He had set his alarm for 8am, though he couldn't remember WHY he set his alarm on a Saturday. Rubbing his eyes while sitting up, he winced as a slight wave of weariness hit him. “Damn… what a night.” Burping once, he felt the aftertaste from last night's drink fill his mouth in a not so good way. “Okay, that's the last time I have any kind of new mixed drink that Shuichi makes up on the spot.”

Shuichi Iguchi, TK's classmate and roommate of their apartment, was a really nice guy: despite being born a human gecko, the guy was cheerful, bright, a good student (Mostly B's with an A or two in the mix), and most of all a singer on par with Freddie Mercury and guitar skills like Carlos Santanna… but when it came to food and drink mixing, sometimes TK wondered if his friend really thought things through before actually doing said mixes. Although TK had to admit that the time Shuichi added broccoli to a pasta dish had been one of the better outcomes.

Feeling the need to flush the rest of the mixed drink out of his system (again), TK went for his door, wearing just a t-shirt and boxers, and went into the hallway as he heard a flushing noise from the bathroom across from his room. The bathroom door opened and out stepped Shuichi, who looked almost as bad as TK felt.

“Shuichi-?”

“I know,” Shuichi replied a bit weakly as he raised a hand as if to make a solemn oath. “I'll
never mix orange juice, Coca-Cola, and Sprite again.”

“And please, stick to what you know works.”

“Deal.” Shuichi moved aside to allow TK to cross into the bathroom.

“I call first dibs on the cereal this morning.”

Shuichi blinked and grabbed the door before TK could close it fully. “Uh, weren't you su
pposed to meet your mom out for breakfast today?”

“...FUCK!” And TK slammed the bathroom door after Shuichi removed his hand. ~THAT'S why I set the alarm!~ He turned on the shower and shucked his clothes before sitting on the toilet to do his business.

Another door opened and out stepped a young man with a crow's head. “Did he just drop the F-bomb?”

“Only proves he's as normal as the rest of us, Fumikage.”

Fumikage Tokoyami nodded once. “True. ...Guess he doesn't get first dibs on the cereal after all. How much is left?”

“I'll check - it's my turn to do the shopping. Make sure you gimme your list of what you need.”

“Sure thing, but this time don't forget a new pair of chopsticks.”

“I need `em, too, so don't worry.”

Fumikage went back into his room to change properly. Minutes later, TK dashed out of the bathroom in only a towel around his waist, excess water literally flying off his form as he passed a re-emerged Fumikage. The latter checked his watch. “5 minutes and 4 seconds; that's a new personal best.” Seconds later, before Fumikage could take a step, TK's bedroom door flew open and he rushed out, fully dressed, into the main apartment area and went for the foyer to quickly put on his shoes while he grabbed a light jacket that had his keys in the one pocket.

“TK, wait!” Shuichi called out. “Got your wallet?”

TK patted his back pocket. “Yep.”

“Key?”

TK fished it out of his jacket pocket. “Check.”

“Cell phone?”

“...Drat, left it on the charger-.”

“Catch!” Having anticipated this, Fumikage had gone into TK's room, fetched the phone, and now tossed it to TK, who caught it with both hands. “Only 98% charged, though.”

“Better than nothing.” Now that he had everything, TK yanked open the door and stepped out with a quick “Later, guys” before he raced down the hallway for the stairs; the apartment building was only 4 floors and had no elevator, so everyone had to take the stairs up and down to traverse from floor to floor.

About thirty seconds later, Kari emerged from her apartment only two doors down from the one TK had left. “See you all later,” she said into her apartment before closing the door and calmly heading for the stairs. Slung on one arm was a tote bag that had three more stuffed into it, for shopping so Kari didn't have to rely on plastic bags.

Meanwhile, TK was jogging briskly from the moment he left the building and continued this way down the street into the city. Memories came back to him about leaving Odaiba for Nerima, which lasted only six months before his mom got an offer she couldn't refuse in America (Seattle, Washington, to be precise). It was a big move, but TK somehow managed to handle it, though he hadn't wanted to leave Japan to get over…

Kari…

But there was nothing he could say or do to get out of going to Seattle, and at least Mimi gave him some wonderful advice (though she did warn him the weather in Seattle wasn't the greatest, being further North). However, said job in Seattle only lasted so long, which by then TK was in his final year of high school. Luckily he was able to graduate and then they moved, this time back to Japan, to Shinjuku. From there, TK took at least two different entrance exams in case he failed one (or both, which he dreaded) due to having moved back from America. Luckily, though, he passed both and then picked his college, in Juban of all places. Now he was a sophomore majoring in Writing plus Game Development (he blamed the Xbox console for that), with two jobs: one part-time at a game store and one writing freelance for a local magazine. The latter paid very well but the former gave him more work time.

~Which reminds me, I need to check with the editor and see if he's got any new assignments or suggestions for me; it's about the usual time for me to check in.~

But first, he had a breakfast date with his mother, who had come to visit him plus bring a “special guest.” TK silently hoped it wasn't a latest attempt for him to date again; he loved his mom dearly, but he had stuck steadfast to his oath to never date again.

Kari had been his first love… his only love… while he enjoyed the sex, he knew (or maybe he deluded himself) that their relationship was still more than physical pleasure. He even thought about their future together, after all they were more mature than normal kids their age were thanks to their experiences in the Digital World. Plus he had the promise ring his mother had been given by his father… when they were old enough, TK planned to give it to Kari as a promise of his undying love and that they'd one day get married…

Then came those dark days… first when his two “big sisters” tried to get him to have a threesome. It had taken him by surprise, but he resisted the temptation. They were family to him, after all, and aside from that one time he slept with Kari and Miyako, he was loyal to his girlfriend and didn't want to cheat on Kari at all. He considered himself lucky (or strong) enough to hold off Mimi and Sora and leave them behind at that motel (though he was soaked by the time he got home due to the rain and had to take another hot shower to keep from getting sick), and he decided to keep what happened to himself and try to forget about it.

Days later, Kari asked about it - he figured Sora or Mimi or both had told her, and he swore to her he didn't go anywhere with the girls, that he was hers and hers alone. He thought that would make her happy, right? But when she turned away and started crying, he was confused. Shouldn't she be happy? Did she know he'd resist?

And that was when Kari came out and told him - she'd been unfaithful to him, twice. No, thrice - two times with Tai by herself and with Sora, and then with Miyako and Iori.

TK was heartbroken; he kept himself from cheating on Kari, and yet she had not done the same. Granted, the flings with Tai were Sora's machinations but Kari confessed she talked Miyako into doing it with Iori… because she was curious given his surprising endowment. Kari apologized and apologized, but TK found himself unable to accept her words after the confessions. With all his restraint, he calmly asked her to return her key to his apartment, and told her it was best they never saw each other again. Once she was gone, and he had asked Matt to come over, TK lost his resolve and bawled; the pain was no longer bearable to him.

And from then on, TK vowed to never love again or be intimate again. He'd never allow himself to feel such pain once more. And when his mother finally told him they were moving away, it was almost a relief.

Somewhere TK had heard the phrase that time was a healer… and as the years went by his wounds were no longer the same yet not 100% healed. But his anger was gone, thankfully; the numerous piano lessons he took in Seattle were a big assistance. It helped a little that he got an email from Tai about two years back; Kari wasn't mentioned but Tai said that after TK moved away he and Sora stopped dating but remained friends, Sora wanting to cool herself down from being sexually active. Tai mentioned that Sora felt partially responsible for how things had ended between TK and Kari, and wanted to prevent making similar or worse mistakes. By the time Tai wrote TK, he and Sora were back together, and their relationship was stronger than before.

TK was happy for this news, really. Looking back at whatever their last enemy had done to them when he defeated them that first time, the Chosen kids questioned their own longevity to the point maybe they rushed into intimacy too quickly, and allowed it to cloud their rational sides. However, with that enemy's final defeat (death) the Chosen seemed to have broken free from their brief period of nymphomania, but at a high cost for some. And while TK had moved on, had kept true to his word…

It seemed a part of him refused to let go; a part of him still held a candle for his first true love. By now, his head told him, Kari had likely moved on as he had and maybe found a boyfriend, or even a girlfriend. Yet at the same time his heart held a “what if” notion she might not be dating, not since he left her so long ago. Maybe that was why, despite all this time, he kept at least one picture of Kari in his wallet - from their final date.

Shaking his head, TK kept on jogging while forcing his mind to clear. Now wasn't the time to think about the past or any what if's. He had a breakfast date and he wanted to be on time.

“It must have been love, but it's over now. It must have been good, but I lost it somehow.” - Lyrics from “Must Have Been Love” by Roxette


To Be Continued...

Author's Notes:< /u>

Hello, everyone. I'm back.

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!” you ask? Well, real life, that's the answer. I've been dealing with real life: work, family, the lot. Have I stopped writing? Hell no. I've been working on and off on projects but never got around to publishing on Mediaminer.org, or Fanfiction,net until recently (Go check out my profile on FF.net).

This story, a 13-part tale, is one of those projects. I had help from a good friend and fellow fanfic writer of equal insanity and daring, TheUNB. Matter of fact, the character Kou Uramecha is his creation; I don't own Kou, but TheUNB is gracious enough to allow me to use him in our collaborations. Thank you, my brother.

Now, there might be characters other than Kou and the DIGIMON kids you could be curious about…

Cherise is from S-CRY-ED, Ayaka from NEGIMA, and Shuichi (better known as Spinner) and Fumikage are from MY HERO ACADEMIA. More characters from these and other anime/manga will follow, but this is mainly TK & Kari's story.

Now for a rather large note… some of this plot is from an unfinished, and discarded DIGIMON fanfic series called “Chosen Destiny,” by Darkstar (or Captain Star). If it sounds familiar, I did an MST of one of the chapters, “Scoring On Your Own Team” long ago (with permission).

Star and I used to be friends. He let me MST the aforementioned chapter and only let me post it on a condition. While I agreed to his condition, I also requested he do a chapter in “Chosen Destiny” with a threesome between TK, Mimi, and Sora. I asked this because of the (again) aforementioned chapter I MSTed and the chapter that came before it. Both involved Kari in a threesome; the first with Miyako/Yolei and Iori/Cody, and the one I MSTed with Kari doing it with Tai and then alter having a threesome with Tai and Sora. I had asked Star whether or not TK would eventually find out his girlfriend, whom he was already sharing with Miyako/Yolei in that series, having said threesomes. Star's reply (to my disdain): “No, he doesn't find out.”

Star and I had a falling out sometime later, over conflicting views.

After that infamous chapter, Star published one last chapter for his series, focusing on Matt/Yamato and Mimi. After that, “Chosen Destiny” was abandoned, and erased from online (believe me, I've tried searching for it; it's gone). So's Star. Far as I can tell, he's retired from fanfic writing for a good long while.

One last thing before I stop boring you all: I'm sure you're asking about the Digimon - where are they? Honestly, I didn't plan on them when I wrote this. While they were a small part of “Chosen Destiny” that series was mainly focused on the human characters. Best I can come up with is after finally ending the conflict with the big baddie in “Chosen” the Digimon went back to the Digital World and stayed there so the Human World could not be affected by on-human problems.

Thank you for reading this tale. Please read and review (and be kind in said reviews, even if you didn't like it). Part 2 will come soon.

Ja ne! -Robster80 (R80)