Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ College Reunion, or Correcting a Past Mistake ❯ Part 12 - Drastic Measures ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 

College Reunion, or Correcting a Past Mistake
Part 12 - Drastic Measures
 
By Robster80 (R80)
Co-Written by TheUNB
 
WARNING: This story is for 18 or older readers! There's foul language, and sexual content. The latter won't be in every chapter, but there will be in a few of them. If you are under 18, PLEASE stop reading right now and turn back!
You have been warned.
 
DISCALIMER: I do NOT, repeat, do NOT own any of the characters in this story! This is FANFICTION, so this is written for fun, not profit! I don't even own the songs or the matching lyrics to said songs used as chapter breaks
 
Previously - Torn up on the inside, TK made it to band practice only for Sero to reveal he had been duped by Ayaka, who had bragged about her deception from the night before to Monoma. The rest of the band then learned that TK and Kari had been intimate when they had dated, and last night's Bi Nyte dance, plus Ayaka's coercion, had left TK an emotional mess with the bad memories returning leading to him and Kari breaking up. Leaving to get some air, TK was approached by Tai, who had come to check up on Kari and learned about the previous night and that morning. However, instead of heated words like Kou had done, Tai gave TK a slip of paper with “the one thing nobody else would ever have” - the Yagami family's blessing. With Tai's words, TK returned to the practice room and began playing a specific song that made him finally realize how he really felt about Kari. After an apology, Kari made plans with TK for dinner later and an upcoming night alone together to rekindle their relationship fully. Afterwards, Kou and Cherise took TK away for a meal and a good talk before TK got a text from Kari…
 
“Let the world around us just fall apart. Baby we can make it if we're heart-to-heart… lyrics from “Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now” by (Jefferson) Starship
 
“Here she comes-. ...okay, why is she smiling?”
 
“Search me-.”
 
Mina cut Camie off quickly, “Let's not go there. Hey, Hika.”
 
Kari sat down at the table Camie and Mina were sitting at. “Hi, girls. Don't buy for me, I'm good, thanks.”
 
“...Okay, what happened?”
 
“Yeah, why are you so… cheery?”
 
Kari's smile broadened. “TK apologized to me.”
 
Blinking twice, Mina was stunned. “He… he did?”
 
“Oh yes.”
 
“How?”
 
“With words… and then… he kissed me. And then I called him out about last night and this morning.”
 
“What then?”
 
“He said he had no excuses. Then I asked him if he loved me, and he honestly said he'd never stopped loving me. ...So I told him to take his medicine and I kissed him hard. THEN I told him he'd be taking me out for dinner at 5, at a place of my choosing. And he's definitely buying. And to top it off, I told him next time… he and I are re-enacting, or close enough to it, our first night together in either his room or mine.”
 
Camie and Mina both looked at Kari, eyes wide in shock.
 
“And roommates overhearing are not an issue, I told him straight up. It would be tonight, but… Kou had to remind me I work early tonight.”
 
Camie could only muster the following words: “Damn, girl…”
 
“But I wonder what happened to make Takaishi change like that after the garbage Yukihiro obviously put into his head last night?”
 
“I don't know… and honestly I don't care - he said he still loves me, he apologized for what he did and for dragging our relationship's progress… I'm happy. ...What are you doing, Mina?”
 
Mina had her phone in hand and she was typing away. “I'm texting Shuichi about band practice this morning and about Takaishi.”
 
Camie's jaw went slack. “Wait, YOU got Shuichi Iguchi's phone number?! When was this?!”
 
“Before the double date at the movies with him, me, Hika, and Takaishi.”
 
“...Good grief, I'm sooo envious now. Now both of you got guys-.”
 
“Shuichi and I are just friends right now-.” Mina blushed, making her pink skin a deeper pink. “Er, I mean…”
 
“Mina, stop before you put both your feet into your mouth,” Kari suggested, “and let's grab some buffet.”
 
After the three got their plates and loaded them with food, they returned to their table. As they sat down, Mina's phone went off and she checked her messages. “...Kari, Shuichi wants to talk to you. He says it's about last night and this morning.”
 
“...Okay, tell him to call you and I'll answer the call.”
 
“...Done.” Mina handed the phone to Kari just before it rang and Shuichi's name appeared on the touchscreen. Kari pressed the ACCEPT icon.
 
“Hello, Shuichi. I'm listening, intently. ...Okay. ...Okay… ...I see. Is Sero there-? ...Alright but next time you see him tell him he and TK and I need to talk. ...Appreciated. Thank you, Shuichi.” Kari ended the call and handed Mina her phone back… before she slammed her one hand onto the table. “That backstabbing bitch!” She said aloud, nearly gaining the attention of everyone in the restaurant.
 
“What is it?”
 
“Seems Ayaka's been pretending to still be my friend since I told her about TK and me breaking up - while my back was turned, she's been feeding info on my activities to Monoma, and Mineta and his buddies. Sero admitted it earlier today when he tried to tell TK that Ayaka was playing him against me last night - she actually bragged about what she did to Monoma, and he told Mineta, and Mineta told Sero.”
 
“But why would she turn on you? She doesn't know the full truth, does she?”
 
“I never told her the full truth because I knew how she'd likely react. But I guess the fact that I admitted I cheated on TK was enough to drop me from her good graces....”
 
“This will make living with her impossible,” Camie commented. “...But why would Sero admit Yukihiro's wrongdoing?”
 
“Being around the band lately has changed him a little, according to Shuichi.”
 
Mina tapped her chin in thought. “Yeah, he has been awfully quiet when he's around the other pervs. Hell, he even sometimes tries to stop them from getting out of hand.”
 
“Well here's hoping he'll drop those others and move on fully to the straight and narrow.”
 
Kari, meanwhile, was savagely eating her plateful of food; she was furious at Ayaka now. ~At least now it makes sense why she's been cozying up to TK for a while, and why she tried to poison him against me last night during the bi nyte dance… She's more callow than I had imagined. I don't think I can stand living under the same roof with her now… either I move out, or she does!~ Furthering that previous thought, Kari took out her cell.
 
Suddenly, before Kari could begin texting Cherise, she got a message alert; not only her, but Mina and Camie did as well. All three checked said messages, which was actually a mass-message from Robin:
 
Apologies, everyone, but due to an unfortunate and unpleasant plumbing accident, the White Cat will not be open tonight. Notices have been sent out on social media for our customers along with signs placed on our doors. Please consider this a half-shift with pay for all as compensation. -Robin-san.
 
“Wow. Talk about lousy timing.”
 
“Hey, better it happened now than during operation hours, Camie.”
 
“True that.”
 
Kari, however, smiled wickedly. ~Ah-ha!~ She brought up TK's contact profile and shot him a text explaining her night was now freed up. ~Tonight is going to be OUR night!~
 
“So, what should we do since we got the night off?” Camie asked, looking at both her friends.
 
Kari shook her head. “So sorry, Camie, but I'll be very preoccupied with a certain blonde male.”
 
“Why not make it a double date-?”
 
“Mina, respectfully, no way in hell! This is going to be just TK and me, and nothing or no one is going to stop me from my first real date with my one and only in years. ...But if you want to get Shuichi out of the apartment for a few hours for me, I'd be okay with it.”
 
“I'll want-.”
 
“Camie, if you want dirty details, go watch a Fllay Alster film - I do not kiss plus and tell!”
 
“...So how do you plan on it?”
 
“Just re-enact the first night we spent together.”
 
Camie and Mina both frowned.
 
“...What?”
 
“Hika, how do you really feel about Takaishi?”
 
“I… I can't put it into words. I just… feel… it's right.”
 
“Then girl, a re-enactment isn't gonna cut it. I got this one fantasy I'm going to try one day with the guy I know will be my Mr. Right once I'm sure he is.” Mina then put her arm around Kari's shoulders to pull her close while dropping her voice to a whisper. “Here's what I'd suggest… you get some rose petals to scatter all over the floor of your bedroom… set the room to candlelight, scented candles of course… play some soft, romantic music on a continuous loop; maybe six or seven songs for good measure… you lay in bed buck naked, using only the bed sheets to cover you up so far...
 
As Mina talked, Kari's eyes widened… but inside, she was grinning like a devil…
 
Mina pulled away. “Well?”
 
“Mina, I could kiss you.” When Mina held up her hand in a semi-defensively, Kari smirked. “Just a figure of speech, I'm not going back to those dark days, I swear.”
 
“Don't swear, Hika, it's a nasty habit.” And at Camie's joke, the three girls laughed. Then, Camie said, “Hika, I just thought of an idea - after we eat, call Takaishi to join us for a little shopping.”
 
The hairs on the back of Kari's neck stood up slightly at Camie's suggestion. “...For what?”
 
Camie's lips pursed into an evil smirk. “Lingerie.”
 
“Camie…” Mina warned.
 
“Oh come on, if Hika really wants to get him in the mood for tonight, taking him lingerie shopping would do the trick.”
 
“But with us two there as well?”
 
“Who said he had to watch all of us, hmmm? You and me would be there for… morale support.”

“You mean keep TK from dashing out the door, right?” Kari asked.
 
“To-may-to, to-mah-to.”
 
Kari thought about it, and thought about it as she took more bites of her food. “...Oh why the hell not?” And she took out her phone and texted TK again. “It's a lot better than the bi nyte dance skit, at least.”
 
“Don't wantcha for the weekend, don't wantcha for a night, I'm only interested if I can have you for life, yeah.” Lyrics from “I'm Gonna Getcha Good” by Shania Twain
 
Stepping out from the florist, Neito Monoma grinned to himself as he once more checked his bouquet he had bought for Kari; he had spent the morning gloating over his and Ayaka's success in driving a wedge between Kari and TK, and then he put on his finest clothes and went shopping for flowers (with a break for lunch). Now he was ready to go to Kari's apartment and present himself as “a shoulder for her to cry on.”
 
~I would have gone right away, but that would have been TOO suspicious… Biding my time was agony, but again going to her so soon would have worked against me. That and I needed to prepare. Now, though, I am ready-.~
 
Monoma's thoughts stopped when he spotted Kari walking down the city streets, accompanied by Mina and Camie. He grinned. ~Wellll! Luck it seems is on my side.~ Not even acknowledging that Kari seemed in high spirits, Monoma started moving towards the girls… only to stop when he heard a voice calling out to Kari. ~That sounds like-. No…. it couldn't-!~ But Monoma's jaw dropped heavily when he saw TK bound up to Kari and she hugged him… and TK returned the hug. ~THE HELL?!?!~
 
“Uh-oh,” Mina said with a frown, pointing at the now approaching (running) Monoma. “Hika, incoming jerk!”
 
TK and Kari looked, and frowned, as Monoma raced up to them but faced Kari. “H-Hikari… wha… why-?”
 
“Oh, it's you… I'll make it simple for you, Monoma,” Kari began, jabbing a finger hard into Monoma's chest. “I KNOW Ayaka's been updating you on about every move I make, and I KNOW she tried to turn TK against me last night and it almost succeeded; key word - ALMOST.”

“And I know from a reliable source I was played for a sucker last night,” TK added,” but thankfully several good friends, real friends, got me to wise up and realize what Kari really means to me… for the sake of my girlfriend, Monoma, find someone else to romance.”
 
“G-GIRLFRIEND?!”
 
“You heard right. And tell Ayaka that when she gets back, she and I and Cherise are going to have a very hard discussion about our living arrangements. Now, if you'll excuse us… Shall we, Takeru?” Letting TK take her offered arm, the two walked into the building, followed by Mina and Camie, both of whom stopped long enough to stick their tongues out at Monoma and mutter “Jerk/Perv” at him. Monoma watched them go inside, and then he lifted his gaze to the sign of the building…
 
A lingerie shop.
 
~Hikari took Takaishi shopping, in a lingerie store?!~ His anger rising, Monoma squeezed the stems of the bouquet he was holding tight enough he felt his palm and fingers pierced by the thorns - he had bought roses for Kari. Blood dripped from his fingers as he fumed, eyes narrowed while his vision turned deep red.
 
~This… is NOT over… I will have the girl I want… One way, or the other…~ Throwing the flowers into a nearby trash can, Monoma used a handkerchief to wipe the blood from his one hand before wrapping said handkerchief around his palm. Then he whipped out his cell phone as he stomped away. He first dialed Ayaka, who answered in a not-too-pleased way. “I don't give a damn,” he stated quickly, interrupting her angry statement that he was NEVER to call her, “you get back here right now - Takaishi and Hikari are still together, and they're dating now. YOU HEARD ME - you failed to drive them apart! So get back here, NOW!”
 
And he hung up on her before he dialed another number. “Our celebration was premature, Mineta - seems Ayaka did not succeed at all. You and Kaminari meet me at my place, and tell Kaminari to bring that item he said he got for Uramecha - we may need it…”
 
Meanwhile, back in the lingerie store, TK suddenly realized who else was with him and Kari. Facing Camie and Mina, he asked, “Uh, why are you two-?”
 
“We're shopping, too,” Camie replied with a smile.
 
“But don't worry, Hika's the only one giving you a show,” Mina added, grinning, “we're just along for the ride.”
 
“And it was MY idea for you to come along with us,” Camie finished.
 
“You know, somehow I should have known.”
 
“Call it an addition to everything you'll be doing to make up to me,” Kari then said, still holding onto TK's arm. “Besides… while we originally dated, we never did this sort of thing at all.”
 
“True enough…” ~Given the enemy we had back then, and the idea never crossed our minds, either…~
 
“And at least now,” Kari then commented, “my front is big enough to warrant showing off in a bra.”

“But I told-.”

“Yes, yes, you told me bust size never mattered to you when we got serious… and I love you for that, Takeru. But even so, a girl does get conscious about her figure now and then.”

“Too true,” Mina and Camie chimed in.
 
Then, TK leaned in close to whisper into Kari's ear. “That train of thought wouldn't also be about all those times Mimi and/or Sora bragged about using their boobs to get off their respective guys, would it?
 
Blushing, Kari turned away and simply muttered “Touche.
 
“May I help you?” a store worker asked, approaching the group.
 
Camie spoke up quickly. “Yes, we three girls are here to shop for some undergarments. And this one…” She put an arm around Kari. “Wants her boyfriend's opinion on her choices. That's allowed, yes?”

“Of course. However… please don't do anything else involving said boyfriend while you're here. We've begun a new policy where if we catch you doing anything `funny' in the dressing rooms, you'll be banned for life, and pay for any damages and cleaning up required.”
 
“Farthest thing from our minds,” Kari and TK both stated, blushing with embarrassment.
 
The worker then eyed TK closely, making him slightly nervous. “Uh, is something wrong?”
 
“Oh, sorry... It's just your hair color matches one of our two highest-alert offenders.” The worker pointed at the register areas to show two large posters; one had Mineta's picture on it, and the other was Kaminari's. “We had to ban those two for life because they were a little… touchy-feely with our merchandise.”
 
All four sweatdropped. “Not surprised,” they all muttered. ~But at least Sero's not with them on the list,~ TK thought.
 
“Let me know if you need any assistance, and please enjoy your visit.”
 
“...You two ever-?”
 
“Camie, upshut!”
 
“That's a resounding `no,' by the way.” And TK and Kari walked away from Camie and Mina.
 
“...What were you going to ask?”
 
“Only if they ever… did it in public.”
 
Mina rolled her eyes. “I shoulda known…”
 
Good grief, I know we were wild back in the day, but to pull that in a store was not on my list of things to do…” Kari muttered as she and TK stopped at a discount rack for bras.
 
I know Matt and Mimi pulled that once years back, but like you, I don't have the daring to try it. ...I did have fantasies about us in the bathroom of a train, though… even flirted with the notion of us joining the mile high club.
 
Hearing this, Kari smirked at TK. “We really are a pair, aren't we? Even the same thunks like those.”
 
“We're definitely no angels.” His eyes then spied a bra and panty set on the rack and he picked it up. It was a white set that looked lacey yet angelic, with a small white heart in between the cups; the panties had white hearts adorning the top rim, almost like they were cutouts. “Kari, would these be your size?”
 
Seeing TK hold out the set for her, Kari took it and checked the sizes. “...Actually they are. Good eyes… naughty boy.
 
“I still think you look best in white.”
 
“Oh, I dunno…” Kari then picked out two more bras - one a deep blue that was simple in design, and one that was camouflage in design but in white, gray and black colors. “I like to broaden my horizons.”
 
“What about pink?”
 
“Nah, that's more Mimi's color. And don't even try yellow - I look awful in it. No offense-.”

“Hey I didn't choose the color of the Crest of Hope. ...How about gold?” Seeing Kari shake her head at him, TK put a gold-colored bra back where he found it… and then he picked out a silver one. “Better?”
 
“Mmmmmm, that's a maybe.”
 
“Hey are you two going to focus on bras while we're here, or what?” Camie asked in an impatient tone. To further her point, she picked out a black panty from a nearby rack and held it up to show it… from the back with an opening near the center top.
 
Kari frowned heavily. “Maybe you like it from the backdoor, Camie, but not me.”
 
TK made a disgusted expression to agree with Kari's words. “Never was a fan of… that.”
 
Camie replaced the panties, rolling her eyes. “Wimps.”
 
“Girl, everybody has their preferences. Like how I prefer to dance at the Club and not strip.”
 
“You live by that one song from the 80's by Jermaine Stewart, don't you?”
 
In response, Mina sang “We don't have to take our clothes off, to have a good time, oh no.
 
Laughing, Kari replied “No wonder you're a fan of TK's band.”
 
Mina then handed Kari two pair of panties; one solid black and one solid navy. “Will these work for you?”
 
Nodding, Kari took the panties from Mina, and then looked for the fitting rooms. Finding them, she nodded towards them while looking at TK, and then walked towards the door leading to the fitting rooms. Noting a red line several feet away from the door, Kari walked over it and went on in to try on her picks.
 
TK stopped one footstep away from the line and waited, the earlier shop worker bringing him a chair to sit in. “You didn't have to,” he began.
 
“You'll need it, trust me,,” the worker said before she glanced towards the fitting rooms and then leaned in. Her voice became a whisper. “Sitting down helps hide your `excitement.' That's what I tell the boyfriends, anyway. Including mine.
 
Gulping slightly, TK sat down while the worker walked away smirking. He kept his legs together and tried hard not to picture Kari down to just her underwear. Over the years since he broke up with her, TK had practiced to keep himself from becoming aroused, especially from the more persistent admirers he had back in America. He felt he had become a master at keeping himself calm and collected… but now it felt like he had forgotten everything about such self-control; last night's performance by Kari proved that.
 
Camie and Mina were still checking racks, but they each eyed TK occasionally, seeing what he was doing (or if he tried to bolt). “So far he seems to be staying put,” Camie commented quietly.
 
“Bet he's nervous, though.”
 
“Say, Mina… you plan to have Shuichi-?”
 
“Camie, he and I are just friends, for Pete's sake! Besides, I prefer to take things at a leisurely pace.”
 
“...Still a virgin, are you?”
 
Mina's already pink complexion turned a deeper shade of pink, but she kept silent while checking the rack for more bras.
 
“I thought for sure you and Kimishima-.”
 
“He's got a strict rule against dating coworkers. Plus we're not each other's types. And furthermore, it'll take a LOT before I let any guy get into my panties, let alone the first kiss.”
 
“You mean you and Shuichi never even kissed yet?”
 
“What part of-?” Mina stopped when Kari emerged from the fitting rooms. Camie saw, too, and gave a low whistle.
 
TK's eyes threatened to pop out of his head, and he instinctively tightened his legs together as his crotch was beginning to grow tight.
 
Kari beamed - she had gone for the white ensemble first since TK picked it out for her. She liked TK's reaction, and her eyes went right for his lower half, to his closed legs. She imagined his building erection that he was fighting. Inadvertently her tongue escaped her mouth to glide along her lips in hunger. Leaning forward to him just a bit, she did a pose. “Verdict?” she asked.
 
“Hawt,” was all TK could muster, his face pink.
 
Smiling, Kari stood up and said, “then it's a keeper,” before she turned around and made for the fitting room she was using. Once there, she quickly shed the panties and checked them and herself; the panties were clean and dry, but she felt herself starting to get wet. ~Damn,~ she thought as she fished out a take-along pack of tissues and quickly dried herself before she removed the matching bra. ~Only tried on that set and already I'm hot & bothered by TK's reaction and my overactive imagination.~
 
Changing tactics, Kari held up the other pieces to her body while examining herself in the mirror. ~The blue ones I'll keep, but the rest I'll put back-. Okay, the silver bra stays, too, I should have something white or black to go with it, or else I'll come back to look for something to match. The rest I'll buy another time if they're still here. Better cut this shopping trip short before I lose my cool.~
 
Re-dressing, she exited the changing rooms, one arm holding her keepers and the other the pens she wasn't buying which she quickly gave to one of the store clerks. “I'm all done.”
 
“Oh?” TK asked, surprised and a little disappointed.
 
“What, already?” Camie asked in amazement.
 
“I have my reasons,” was all Kari said, adding quickly, “but I'll be buying when we're all ready to leave.”
 
You okay?” TK asked; he had gotten up from the chair and moved to Kari. His concern was sincere.
 
Just a bit too much stimulation, if you get my drift. Told myself to stop before it got out of hand.
 
TK merely nodded, but he slipped one hand into Kari's free one. Their fingers interlaced, and Kari felt her body's temperature increase, but in a very good and calming way.
 
“So… what's after this?”
 
“I think I'll head back to the apartment. Need to pick out my attire for our date. You?”
 
“Oh, I feel like wandering around town a bit…” In his mind TK made plans for some purchases of his own - Kari's favorite flowers, as well as some candy. After all, he had a LOT to do to make up to Kari for his recent behavior, regardless whether it had been someone else's plans or not.
 
“Ooh, I want you, I don't know if I need you, but ooh, I'd die to find out…” Lyrics from “I Want You” by Savage Garden
 
Kari returned to an empty apartment, and went promptly to her room to drop off her lingerie purchases onto her bed. Once that was done, she went between her closet and her dresser to pick out clothes for her dinner date with TK. However, while her mind was on said date, and what would come afterwards, she also thought about the eventual confrontation with Ayaka.
 
“Better call Cherise and talk to her-, no, wait. Kou first. Might get lucky and they'll be together anyway.” A grab of her cell phone and a quick dial followed by putting her phone on speaker, and then it only took two rings before Kou picked up.
 
Hey, how's the shopping going? Cherise and I want to know.
 
“Shopping is done; I'm back at the apartment picking out my clothes and such for the date.”
 
So soon?” Cherise's voice asked.
 
“Yes, I ended the shopping early because I didn't want to get over-stimulated. Anyway, glad you're both there - we need to discuss the current living arrangement.”
 
You mean discuss Ayaka-.”
 
“Yes - I learned at lunch that Ayaka has been keeping Monoma and his pervy buddies in the know about almost every move I make. Guess she felt just my admitting I cheated on TK was enough to make her see me as anything BUT a friend.”
 
Okay then - she's out of the apartment soon as possible.
 
Who told you about Ayaka, though?
 
“Shuichi, who learned everything from Sero. Sero found out because Ayaka bragged about last night to Monoma, and Monoma in turn bragged to Mineta and Kaminari. But unlike the other two, Sero grew a conscience and he informed not only TK but everyone involved in the band about it.”
 
...Cherise, Kari, I'm going to strangle that woman.
 
Get in line, cousin - I'M going to shave her head and make her eat her hair!
 
“Nice to hear you two are taking this so calmly. Oh, and I should mention Monoma tried to `cheer me up' while I was out with the girls. Thankfully TK got to me first and then we both told Monoma that the scheme had failed when he rushed up in shock that TK was with me and we'd made up.”
 
And where is loverboy now?
 
“Knowing him, he's out buying me a few apology items… unnecessary, but-.”
 
Unnecessary? HA! He'd better be buying you a diamond ring-.
 
“Cherise, don't even bring THAT up! Yes, I'll marry that man, but like you I'm waiting until AFTER I graduate AND get a secure job, and unlike you I'm willing to wait.”
 
Low blow-! KOU, STOP SNICKERING!
 
Kari's lips curved into a small smile as she heard Kou mutter, between snickers, his apologies. “Anyway, where are you two and how long until you get back, Cherise?”
 
Oh, just say the word and we'll be heading back right now.
 
Before she could reply Kari paused when she heard the apartment door open (she'd left her bedroom door open in case) and she heard not only Ayaka's voice, but also a familiar male's voice. The smile was instantly replaced by a frown. “...Get here now, Ayaka's back and she brought her friend.” Snatching up her phone, Kari ended the call and then stormed out of her room, shutting the door behind her. Sure enough, there were Ayaka and Monoma.
 
“Ah, Kari-.”
 
“Button it, you Benedict Arnold!” Kari snapped. “You both have a lot of nerve.”
 
“Hikari, please, just hear me out-.”
 
“Not even at gunpoint! Monoma, I want absolutely NOTHING to do with you! Nothing, nothing, NOTHING! I have a boyfriend whom I love and he loves me, and we have a bond that neither of you can even fathom! And furthermore, I thought you were my friend, Ayaka Yukihiro - and don't you dare say that you are! Maybe I didn't tell you everything but I still trusted you to some capacity. Now, though, that's all over.”
 
“Why is that?”

“I know you've been alerting Monoma there to my activities behind my back. Plus your actions last night, AND from even before then, to try and drive a wedge between TK and me definitely prove you're not the friend I believed you were. Didn't think I'd find out? Mina told me, and Kou, about you being at the club with TK last night; you told me you'd prefer never to come near such a place even though it is highly respectable.”
 
“I… merely wished to support you for your-.”
 
Kari gave out a cold, short laugh. “Support me? Yeah, right - you were whispering doubt and deceit in TK's ear the whole damn time! Well it almost worked, but TK knows you tried to trick him and he apologized to me… and tonight, either he'll be in my room or I'll be in his room in his apartment, roommates or no roommates.”
 
Ayaka's eyes widened, and she said, astonished, “You… you don't surely mean-?”
 
“I do, yes.”
 
Monoma, shocked, pointed a trembling finger at Kari. “You… with Takaishi?” This made Kari look him squarely in the eye.
 
“He's the only one I want. It took me too long and several mistakes to realize it, but TK's the man I want. Not you, Monoma - never you. Now do me a favor, and show yourself out. And you, Ayaka, when Cherise gets back, the three of us are having a discussion about this apartment… To be blunt, I don't think the three of us can live together within a confined space.”
 
Ayaka glared at Kari. “Feel free to leave anytime.”
 
“But this apartment is shared by three people… and right now you pissed off two of them.” Kari again looked at Monoma. “Are you still here? Get out!” To further her point, Kari moved to the apartment door and yanked it open. However, she failed to notice that two people were standing outside the door as she locked eyes onto Monoma. “OUT!”

Monoma's face grew dark, and his eyes cold. “Oh I will… but not without compensation.” He reached out for Kari's arm, but she pulled away while still keeping her eyes on him.
 
“Touch me and-!” But suddenly Kari felt something hit just above her upper hip and before she could finish her threat, electricity surged through her being and her muscles began spasming; her legs gave out but she didn't hit the floor as two arms hooked underneath her own from behind. The last thing she saw was Monoma and Ayaka grinning evilly at her and she heard Mineta's voice say “This time, bitch, payback's a male…”
 
“Knew this thing would eventually come in handy,” Kiminari commented as he replaced his stun gun into a clip holder on his belt. He was holding Kari up on her right while Mineta was on her left. “Though I was saving it for that bastard Uramecha.”
 
“Let's hurry and get out of here before anyone gets suspicious,” Mineta commented.
 
“Agreed. Gentlemen, let's take my dear Hikari to my secret place.” Monoma grinned at Ayaka. “You'll handle Takaishi?”

“Leave it to me. Now get this little bitch out of my sight.”
 
Monoma lost his smile. “Watch your tongue - after today, our alliance will be over.”
 
“Fine by me.” Looking at Kari as she was being carried out by Kaminari and Mineta, Ayaka sneered. “Don't worry, I'll tell Takaishi you had other plans…”
 
“It gets so hard to understand, this vicious circle's getting out of hand, don't need an extra eye to see that the fire spreads a-faster in a breeze…” Lyrics from “I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That” by Elton John
 
By the time Kari regained mobility, she found her movements very restricted. She tried to speak, but found her mouth had something over it - duct tape. Looking down she saw she was still clothed (thank the gods), but her ankles, and her wrists from her sense of touch, were tied to a bed. Quickly she began checking her surroundings. Due to the spacious room, she was in some kind of warehouse, maybe one close enough to campus if she was lucky...
 
“You've recovered,” she heard a voice say, “that's very good. I do apologize for this, my dear…” Seeing Monoma smiling wickedly at her from her right, Kari felt the urge to somehow rip off her restraints and throttle her unwanted and deranged admirer. “However,” she watched him continue to speak, “I'm afraid that… this is your fault. If you had only given me a chance, we could have avoided all of this.”
 
“Personally, I'm kinda glad for this,” Mineta's voice spoke before Kari saw him pop up aside of Monona, followed by Kaminari. The smaller young man grinned deviously while rubbing his hands together. “To me this is the perfect payback for all those times on and off campus she's spurned and insulted us.”
 
In her mind, Kari was imagining using her foot to crush Mineta's tiny sac and wee-wee into paste. Kou had mentioned doing such a deed to Mineta, and now Kari decided she'd save her friend the trouble.
 
More voices were heard, this time further away. Kari looked to see Kaminari leading Sero into the room they were in, and saw Sero stop dead in his tracks upon seeing her in her condition. One look on his face and Kari instantly knew his “friends” hadn't filled him in on what was going on, and he was horrified.
 
“Uhhhh, guys… what in the heavens is going on here?!”
 
“Drastic measures, Sero,” was Monoma's calm reply.
 
“Told you it was a surprise.”
 
“Kaminari… Mineta… ...isn't this going a bit too far? Kidnapping is a serious-.”
 
“Sero, don't you want to pay this little tart back-?” Mineta stopped when Monoma glared at him.
 
“Call Hikari such names again, little man… and you may not live to regret it!”
 
~Oh hell, these three have gone way over the edge,~ Sero thought. ~What do I do?! I can't let them rape Yagami… but how do I stop them? I'm outnumbered, and I saw Kaminari wielding his stun gun… I could text Shuichi to get the cops, but that would take time, and I'd easily get caught… Least Yagami's still clothed, so that's a tiny bit of good news...~ “So… er, what exactly is… going to happen here?”
 
“Monoma's going to be Yagami's first, and then we get our turns when he's satisfied.” Mineta then� began to drool while thinking of his turn. “And I get to finally have my fantasy of giving her anal come true.”
 
~EEWWWWWWW!!!!~ Kari mentally screamed and began thrashing against her restraints. ~The hell with it, I am going to cut off his reason for living and shove it up his own asshole!~
 
“Patience, Mineta, all in good time…” Monoma took out his phone and checked its screen, as if anticipating either a call or a message. “Before I claim my sweet Hikari's innocence, we're going to be in for a little treat. Yukihiro's going to have us overhear her once more tell Takaishi that Hikari is anything but faithful or even remotely in love with him. Just make sure none of us laugh out loud while we listen in, as we'll all be on speaker for this. Until then…” Monoma smacked Mineta's one hand when Mineta tried to touch Kari's leg. “We WAIT!”
 
Sero cautiously patted his pants pockets, making sure he had his cell phone on him. While Monoma and the rest would be distracted by Ayaka's phone call, he could text Shuichi to get help. And if all else failed, he'd go down fighting; the friendship with Mineta and Kaminari was now officially dead to him.
 
“And I know I've been hurt before, and I know I really shouldn't give anymore, but this time… this time things seem just a little different...” Lyrics from “All Right” by Christopher Cross
 
By the time TK finished buying some flowers along with Kari's favorite sweets (if he recalled correctly) and returned to the apartment building, a police car was pulling up to the building. To TK's astonishment, Kazuma emerged from the driver's seat and out from the back came Kou and Cherise. “Hey, you guys.”
 
“Hi, TK. Sorry, but this isn't a social call.”
 
“You just get here?” Cherise asked, concerned.
 
“Yes, why-?”
 
“Kari called us earlier,” Kou explained, “and said we had to get back as Ayaka came back to the apartment, but she wasn't alone.”
 
“Oh-?”
 
“Hey. what's going on?” Nami asked as she and the rest of the Nostalgia Brothers band showed up. With them were Mina and Camie.
 
“Ayaka's been feeding Monoma Kari's every move for a good while now,” Kou stated, “and her actions last night to try and split TK and Kari apart was her trying to help Monoma get Kari.”
 
“We've been trying to get ahold of Kari,” Mina added while Camie nodded, “but she doesn't answer her phone at all.”
 
“Cherise and Kou called me to come here in case things go south,” Kazuma finished, “and they haven't been able to reach Kari since she called them.”
 
A sudden chill ran up TK's spine, recalling the earlier encounter with Monoma before the trip to the lingerie shop. “One side,” he barked, moving right for the building's front doors. The others followed closely behind him, with Kazuma and Kou jockeying for first in line behind TK. Upon reaching the girls' apartment, Cherise gently pushed TK aside while fishing out her key, which she used to open the door and allow everyone inside. “Kari?” she called out.
 
However, Ayaka appeared from the hallway leading to the bedrooms. Calmly she said, “I'm afraid she's not here.” She casually laid down her cell phone on a nearby end table, face up.
 
“You!” Cherise growled, pointing an accusing finger. However, Kazuma took hold of her arm to keep her from moving.
 
“My, my… seems there's a party I wasn't aware of.”
 
“Where's Kari?” TK asked.
 
“Oh, Takeru, I do apologize… she's out on a date-.”
 
“Liar!” Cherise, Mina, and Camie all cried. “Her date's with TK and nobody else,” Mina added.
 
“It seems you all have been deceived, some of you even further than you realize.”
 
Kou crossed his arms. “Cut the bullshit, lady, we know you've been working with Monoma and his perv buddies for a while now, including last night during the dance skit when you tried poisoning TK against Hika.”
 
“She has you wrapped around her little finger, doesn't she, Uramecha? Perhaps you're one of her recent lovers-?”
 
“Why are you trying to convince us of such things?” Fumikage asked.
 
“Because… Hikari is not the innocent maiden she'd like everyone to think she is. She cheated on Takeru after all-.”
 
“That was years ago.”
 
“And she's doing it to you again, Takeru; I'm trying to prevent you from any further heartache on her part. Her and Monoma merely have been acting like Hikari wants nothing to do with him - he's in fact her best lover.”
 
“Gag me,” Camie spat.
 
“It's true!” Ayaka turned to TK. “She slept around behind your back years ago, didn't she?” Seeing TK's eyes widen in surprise, Ayaka inwardly grinned. She merely guessed this unsaid truth about Kari, but seeing TK's reaction, she understood it was not only true but also possibly the root of why TK had been so hurt by Kari that he broke off their relationship. “You did the right thing ending your relationship with her then. So do the right thing again and end it with her, for good. After all, one man cannot satisfy her lustful desires.”
 
“What do you mean by THAT?” Snapped Kakyoin.
 
“Hikari's had more than one man in her bed. Sometimes she's had two.”
 
TK suddenly felt something was totally off by Ayaka's comment. If she knew about Kari sleeping around on him years ago, then what she had just said… His eyes caught Camie and Mina's reactions; they, too, realized Ayaka wasn't telling the whole truth. Kazuma and Cherise and Kou, too, exchanged bothered looks.
 
“...You know about the threesomes Kari's had?” TK then asked, setting the flowers and candy on the dining table. He felt all eyes suddenly on him as he slowly approached Ayaka. “How?”
 
“I overheard her bragging about it all to Monoma, after she told him about how you mistakenly bought her false apologies for how she wronged you.”
 
“...Did she mention she and I never were intimate then?” TK asked, turning his back to Ayaka. Without her seeing, he motioned for everyone else to keep quiet. This made Kazuma, Fumikage and Shinichi will themselves to keep from smirking or grinning, so Ayaka wouldn't get wise.
 
“Exactly… hence why she ended up with other men, with one or two at a time.”
 
“That included the first threesome… with her, Daisuke, and Ken?”
 
“Yes - since you weren't willing to give in to her sexual advances, she went with Daisuke since he wanted her more than apparently you did.”

“And then the one with my older brother Yamato and our eldest friend Jyou, the night I prevented Mimi and Sora from getting me to sleep with them?”
 
“Oh definitely… your brother was more than willing since you weren't trying anything.”
 
Nami, slowly, caught on to what TK was doing. Like some of the others who understood TK's trap, she kept a solid poker face up.
 
Mina and Camie exchanged looks. Kari never mentioned to them about such threesomes.
 
“So you see, Takeru… you've been played for a fool-.”
 
“Yes,” TK then said, his back still to Ayake. “Yes, it's all so clear to me now…” Then, without warning, TK whirled around and pointed at Ayaka. His next words wiped the smile from her face. “You, Ayake Yukihiro, are a liar and especially a false friend!”
 
“Wh-what-?!”
 
“You thought you could trick me again? Well you blew it, BIG TIME!”
 
“But I-!”

“Oh shut up!” Cherise snapped as suddenly Mina and Camie grabbed Ayaka by her arms and held her firmly. They also used their legs to lock Ayaka's, keeping her from moving
 
“Wha-what are you doing?! Unhand me this instant!” She glared at everyone, her head turning several times to do so. “I demand to know why you're accosting me!”
 
“It's quite simple, toots,” Shuichi said, “you bombed the test.”

“The Takaishi test,” Fumikage added, doing his best Samuel L. Jackson imitation from the film XXX. “See, when TK suspects someone's playing him false, like with a fraudulent text message, he poses a question or two to prove that someone is sincere.”
 
“And you flunked!” Kazuma finished while everyone else was now smiling satisfactorily at TK.
 
TK held up a hand and counted off using his fingers. “First, you assumed that I never had sex in my life while Kari did… When we were 13, Kari and I were each other's firsts, and that was after a few months of dating. Second, you assumed the threesomes Kari had were between herself and two guys… she only ever had three threesomes and each one involved her, one guy, and another girl; and I knew of all of them. And third, those four guys I named? Kari never slept with ANY of them - none of them, especially Daisuke and my brother, were her type.”
 
“How do you know that for sure?”
 
“Because Hika told Takaishi about her threesomes and whom they were with,” Mina replied.
 
“Because she felt truly guilty for them,” seconded Camie.
 
~Not to mention TK was in one of them,~ Nami, Kou, Cherise and Kazuma thought, but said nothing.
 
“And as for why I don't trust you, I have a more reliable source that says YOU are not to be trusted. And after last night, I'm very inclined to believe my source.”

“How can you trust Kari? She betrayed you more than once-!”
 
“Better question,” Cherise snapped, “why did YOU betray Kari?”
 
Ayake fumed. “You have any idea how popular she is on campus, more so than even you or me? I've found several online polls from guys on campus and she always rates as number one on their polls of who's hot, who's beautiful, and who'd guys like to date or sleep with!”
 
“What did you expect when she turns guys down all the time?”
 
“I've turned down my fair share of boys as well, but Kari… for some reason, instead of still chasing after someone rich and well-respected like me, the guys still go after Kari more than me! And I at least kept my purity and never cheated on anyone I dated in the past!”
 
Camie tightened her hold on Ayaka. “Dial it back, will you? Kari still feels guilty about her past mistakes-.”

“As she should be! She deserves to be alone, to never get back what she lost! She can't ever be forgiven, not even in the slightest!”

TK narrowed his eyes at Ayaka. “Yes she can, because she admitted what she did behind my back to me, and she's fully sincere about regretting her deeds. And I forgive her. Not once, not twice… but forever - because I love her, and I know right here…” TK tapped over his heart. “More than ever that she loves me.”
 
“You call THAT love-?”

“And what do you call love, hm? Have you ever been in love? Have you ever met someone who turns your whole world upside down, who makes you feel like your problems seem far away? Have you ever met someone who makes you feel more alive than ever when they're beside you, or like your world is in total darkness when they're gone… or if they did something that hurt you deep inside? You ever met someone whom you accept both the good about them and the bad?”
 
“No I haven't. Anyone who did me wrong then I left them to the wayside-.”

“Then you don't understand love at all,” Mina said harshly, “You can't take only the good, you have to take both good and bad in life.”
 
Camie nodded in agreement.
 
“Now give us the truth,” Kou stated, “Where's Kari, really?”
 
Ayaka turned away, closing her eyes. “I don't know. And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you!”
 
Kazuma moved to stand before Ayaka. “That won't help you when the criminal charges are brought forth.”

“What are you talking about? What's been done that warrants charges? Besides, even if the police get involved, it'll be only your word against mine, and I doubt the police will believe I did anything concerning Kari's whereabouts.”
 
Cherise then snapped her fingers. “Oh I KNEW there was something I forgot to tell you, Ayaka…. My Kazuma here is a cop.”
 
Furthering Cherise's revelation, Kazuma produced his authentic policeman's detective badge for Ayaka to see. “Detective Kazuma Torisuna of the Juban PD. And my friends here have a reliable source that came forward about you conspiring with certain male college students to stalk one Hikari Yagami.”
 
Ayaka was stunned. ~A cop?! Cherise's boyfriend is a cop?!~
 
“Now talk,” Nami stated, “what happened to Kari?”
 
“...Go to hell, the lot of you! I won't say a word!”
 
Shuichi suddenly felt his phone vibrate and he checked it to see a text message from Sero. He scowled. “You don't need to say a word, Yukihiro,” he said and he walked to TK and showed him his phone while preventing Ayaka from seeing it. “We know where she is, and likely who has her.”

The message read thus:
 
Monoma, Kaminari, and Mineta have Kari at the abandoned warehouse Southwest from campus, with intent to rape. Get TK and cops here. NOW!

PS - They're listening in via Yukihiro and Monoma's phones on s
peaker.
 
Kazuma, who saw the message as well, looked about and found Ayaka's phone and picked it up. Soon as he did, the screen went from blank to showing a call in progress with the name “Neito Monoma.” TK, though, snatched the phone quickly. “Monoma, Mineta, Kaminari, I only have this to say - run and hide, assholes, run and hide! Kari, if you can hear me, we're coming for you; I'M coming for you!” He then ended the call and gave the phone to Kazuma. “Can you trace that call or get any evidence on it?”
 
“The lab boys might, one of them's a licensed hacker.”
 
Ayaka struggled against Mina and Camie's hold on her. “That is MY phone! Give it back!”
 
Kazuma pocketed the phone and moved behind Ayaka while taking out a set of handcuffs. “Ladies, I'll take the suspect from here, we'll have a nice quick ride to the station. Then I'll join you lot in finding and rescuing Kari.” Cuffing Ayaka's hands and arms behind her back, while the others left the apartment, Kazuma then said, “Ayaka Yukihiro, you're under arrest for acessory to kidnapping and accessory to rape. You have the right to remain silent; anything you say can or will be used against you in a court of law...”
 
“My parents will have your badge for this-!”
 
“You have a right to an attorney…”
 
“Oh it's too late, she's made a big mistake, it wouldn't be the first one anyway, tell me how many more?” Lyrics from “I Don't Wanna Know” by Phil Collins
 
Tied to the bed still, Kari smirked despite the duct tape over her lips. Seeing Monoma and his two friends start sweating bullets after TK's declarations was purely satisfying.
 
“They know where we are?!” Mineta asked in a panic. “They knew we were listening in?!”
 
“HOW?!” Kaminari asked, shocked. “Nobody besides us and Yukihiro knew where we are!”
 
Monoma nodded, concerned. “Yes, only us here and-. ...Wait.” He slowly turned.
 
Sero held up his phone, showing his text message app was up. His face showed a serious expression. “Yes, I told them.”
 
“...TRAITOR!” Mineta and Kaminari shouted while pointing accusingly at Sero.
 
“Why-?”
 
“I'm a pervert, yes… but kidnapping and rape are lines that I do not cross, even if it costs my own life. And on top of that, what you and Ayaka did to try and come between TK and Yagami here is low, even for you, Monoma. I suggest untying Yagami, let her go, and then turn ourselves in and plead guilty so maybe, just MAYBE we can avoid serious charges and/or expulsion from the campus.”
 
“Are you nuts, Sero?!”
 
“You didn't factor the police actually getting involved, did you?”
 
Monoma retained his neutral expression. “Not this quickly, at least…”
 
“This qui-? ...Dude, you considered the police getting involved and yet you still went through with this screwed-up plan?!”
 
“Hikari is well worth the risk… and my family may not be as wealthy as Yukihiro's, but they do have some good pull with the police and the legal system.”
 
“This isn't the damn movies or television - rape is a serious crime! You must be brain dead if you think you can get away with it-!”
 
“And you're pretty stupid yourself, revealing what you did to us. What do you plan to do now, hmm? You plan to beat us up, rescue Hikari and waltz out of here?”
 
Kaminari whipped out his stun gun and turned it on, a threatening look on his face as he glared at Sero.
 
“K-Kaminari… Mineta… think about this, you guys - REALLY think about it! You're willing to risk jail and expulsion from school for a chance to get some?!”
 
“Monoma will cover for us,” Mineta said with a sneer.
 
~Not really, I plan to throw the two of you under the bus, but I won't tell you that, hehehehe!~ “Kaminari, take him down; we need to tie him up and get ready for our pending visitors. Luckily, I prepared for even this little outcome.”
 
“If you expect me to apologize, Sero-.”

“Kaminari, Mineta… respectfully… you both can go to hell.”
 
“You first, traitor!” And Kaminari rushed forward while thrusting his stun gun.
 
Monoma turned away as Sero shouted while his former friends attacked him; eyes on Kari, he moved to her one side, his expression both serious and dangerous. “There's more than one reason why I chose this location, my dear Hikari,” he spat savagely. “I've done my research. I know you and Takaishi were involved in those Digimon incidents… and if he and his friends think they're going to simply waltz in here and take you from me, take what's rightfully mine, they're in for a very, VERY rude awakening! They will unknowingly see the genius that is Neito Monoma, I promise you that!”
 
“There is one thing you must be sure of, I can't take anymore, Darling, don't you monkey with the monkey!” Lyrics from “Shock the Monkey” by Peter Gabriel
 
To Be Continued...
 
 
Author's Notes:
 
Hello, everyone. I am VERY sorry this is so late. Between work, family… and some gaming on Xbox, I forgot about updating this story. I deeply apologize for the wait.
 
Well, looks like Monoma won't give up on Kari without a fight. So what's he going to do now that TK and the crew are coming to save Kari?
 
Originally when I started this story, Ayaka wasn't the backstabbing witch I eventually made her out to be. She started out as a friend to Kari, though not as good and understanding as Cherise, hence why Kari never gave the full story on her and TK to Ayaka. As the story progressed, however, Ayaka's role changed. Maybe her reasons were petty enough she agreed to hep Monoma if it meant annoying Kari (at first) and then preventing Kari and TK mending the fences… however, real people would do the same or worse for similar or other reasons. Pretty much, when you compare the two girls, Ayaka's the unapproachable beauty while Kari is the girl next door that's easy to talk to. If you believe I'm wrong, feel free to comment/review.
 
Though I will point out that Ayaka not really getting to know Kari was ultimately her downfall. Had she tried to be a better friend, or at least tried to get more information as to why Kari and TK broke up, she wouldn't have bombed TK's test in regards to how much she really knew about what ended his and Kari's relationship in the past.
 
Thank you for reading this tale. Please read and review (and be kind in said reviews, even if you didn't like it); I really would like some feedback, even critical criticism.
 
Part 13 (the finale) will come soon.
 
Ja ne! -Robster80 (R80)