Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Cyborg Davis ❯ Weaknesses ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
Davis managed to make it back to head office and clear that he was alive. Though pretty much everyone were confused and shocked to learn about him being an android, he was alive and that was all there was to it.
 
Word that Davis was alive reached the authorities and the news quickly, and it was on Monday that Davis had appeared at the stock meeting for his company and declared with pride, “I may have changed physically… but deep down I'm still the same person who made all this possible, and I say… we shall hold our heads high, and we shall carry on!” Davis banged his gavel on the stand, and his crowd of employees and his friends cheered for joy.
 
Little did anyone realize that a Guardromon, who had been sent to steal something with Davis' signature on it… had been spying on the meeting. He quickly dashed back to Ninji's Noodles to break the news to Yami. “What do you mean he's alive…?!”
 
Guardromon quivered in his bolts, “I assure you master, he was there.” he whimpered, “He's been re-constructed into a robotic-being like myself.”
 
“Enough!” growled Yami. “I'm not interested in details.”
 
Since Davis was declared alive, and he had just banged his gavel motioning that his business was in no danger, Yami's forged will would have no effect whatsoever. This meant that he couldn't seize control. “Somehow, I've got to find a way to gain control of his empire.” he mumbled to himself. Then suddenly, “Wait… did you say he is now a machine?”
 
Guardromon nodded, “A half-machine to be precise.”
 
Yami twirled a pen with his fingers, and grinned wickedly, “Heh, heh, heh… perhaps this is not such a disaster after all.” he hissed. He knew for a fact that like humans, even machine had weaknesses. “Oh, Guardromon… I have a little mission for you…”
 
 
The next morning, Davis woke up in his king-sized, four-poster bed, in his master bedroom in his huge house, feeling fresh as a daisy. “Wow… that was actually pretty refreshing.” he said to himself as he pulled a plug out of the wall, attached to him.
 
Like a lot of machines, Davis did have batteries to help keep him powered. According to Izzy they would last up to six months or so before running dry, but it was still a good idea to charge them up every night when Davis went to bed.
 
Veemon woke up in his cute little bed beside Davis' and then the two headed downstairs for breakfast. At least Davis was still able to eat food and digest like a human, but he didn't bother to ask Izzy how that worked.
 
“I'm sho glad that you're not dead Davish.” Veemon said, “I don't what I'd do or where I'd without you.”
 
Davis however looked confused, “Yeah… so?” he asked, “What do you mean by all that?”
 
Now Veemon looked confused. Davis usually praised his bond with him, but here he was acting like he had never felt it before? “Are you feeling okay?” he asked.
 
Davis felt his body from all over, “I feel alright… but I'm really confused.”
 
 
At work, Davis wasn't able to get those images out of his head or his memory banks. Veemon expressed a strange feeling that Davis couldn't put his finger on for some reason, and it happened more while he was out on his cart-route.
 
He simply ignored it when little kids passing by asked, “Mommy, what happened to that man's skin?”
 
He served a lot of his customers some of his finest ramen, and a few of them were women his own age. “You go, Motomiya… we love you!” the cheered, but that only made Davis feel even more confused. “What did they just say…?” he asked Veemon.
 
Veemon raised the skin above his eye in confusion. “Davish… they just shaid they loved you.” he answered. “Don't you know what love meansh…?”
 
Davis' head cocked to one side and beeped. “Love…? What's, love…?”
 
Veemon's jaw dropped. This was just too much! How could Davis not know anything about love? As Davis kept working, Veemon said Kari, TK, Patamon, and Gatomon having their lunch across the street.
 
Veemon hopped over to them and told them all what he just heard from Davis. “What? That's silly…” Gatomon said. “How can Davis not know anything about love? He was the one who practically wrote the book on “I have a crush on Kari.” added Patamon.
 
Kari and TK however took this seriously. “I don't think it's impossible.” TK said, “Izzy did say there were some design flaws in his experiments.”
 
His wife agreed “But wait…” she said “What if Davis really can't understand love? How will he ever find someone?”
 
Nobody else knew how to answer that. How could Davis get a woman if he was half mechanized now? “Maybe we should speak with him…” TK suggested. Everyone agreed on that, and they moved over towards Davis' noodle-cart where he was just getting set to cook up his next batch of on of his daily specials…
 
Davis saw them approach. “Oh no… it's TK and Kari! he thought to himself. “Just my luck…!” Still he knew he had to try and be brave about this. He didn't need to start getting all depressed again.
 
“Hi Davis…” Kari said when they got there.
 
“How's business…?” TK asked.
 
“Oh, not much… just the same old stuff. I cook some noodles, I make some dough.” He joked, everyone shared a laugh. After that, they decided to ask him, “Uh Davis…” TK asked. “Veemon told us… you don't know what love is.”
 
Davis stopped stirring his noodles, and couldn't see the steam rising up, he looked up at TK. “Ugh… why is everyone mentioning this word around me?” he asked irritably. “What is love…?”
 
Everyone was silent. “Okay Davis… joke's over.” Gatomon said, but Davis shook his head, he wasn't joking. “I have no idea what love is. It just doesn't compute with me.”
 
“Davis…” Kari said, “Surely you have to know what love is. You once felt love towards me. I think you still do deep down.”
 
By now Davis was getting angry. He wasn't able to feel love, but for some reason he could still feel hatred and jealousy. “Oh, right! The same so called feelings that drove me to getting drunk and ending up like this.” he snapped.
 
“Davis…!” snapped Patamon. “That was rude.”
 
“So what…?” Davis said, “I may not remember what love is, but I do remember jealousy.”
 
The steam form his boiling noodles began to grown thick and hot as it rose form the cart. “Whoa Davis calm down.” TK said, “We're not trying to upset you.”
 
“Yeah right…” Davis protested. Suddenly his body began twitching, and small snapping sounds were heard form inside. Not to mention Davis' voice was starting to slur as he spoke. “It-- make-- jealous--”
 
“Davish…!” cried Veemon “What'sh the matter…?”
 
A robotic voice from inside Davis body cried out, “System error! System Error!” and then suddenly Davis feel backwards onto the ground, and he passed out.
 
“Quick…call Izzy!” cried Gatomon.
 
TK whipped out his cell-phone, and everyone else did their best to help get Davis over to Izzy's place. “UGH… he must weigh a ton!” Patamon complained.
 
As they moved him to TK's car, Guardromon had been spying on them, and he had seen enough. “Well… I think the Master will be pleased to hear this. Hmm, mm, mm…”
 
Author's Notes:
 
I hope I can finish this soon...
 
The more I keep mention about Kari and TK's marriage, the sicker I get. "What the heck was I thinking?"