Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Cyborg Davis ❯ Steamed up ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
The next morning, Kari was just standing over the counter and scooping pack after pack of sugar into her coffee. “Uh… a little heavy on the sugar there?” her husband asked. Kari snapped out of her trance, and it didn't take brains to figure out what was on her mind.
 
“Is it that obvious…?” she asked.
 
“It's all right… I'm worried about him too.” replied TK. “But I don't know what we can do to help him, you heard what Izzy said, we have to keep away from him.”
 
Gatomon and Patamon felt deeply concerned about that. They too felt as if Davis shouldn't have been left to deal with his problems alone. They already thought it was bad enough that he was still single and hadn't dated in years. “Maybe we can try and set him up with other women?” Gatomon suggested, but sadly no one agreed to that.
 
“We're trying to help him avoid stress, remember?” said Patamon. “Remember Davis can still get mad if he gets stressed out.”
 
For now, all they could do was hope that Davis was going to be okay.
 
Meanwhile
 
Davis was perfectly fine…
 
He woke up that morning. Had his breakfast, and he even used some wax to polish up his armor, and gave him a sweet clean smell. He looked himself in the mirror, “Hmm… looking pretty good… for a freak.”
 
“Davish…” Veemon said, “You're not a freak. How many timesh are you going to go through that?”
 
Davis sniggered cheekily, and as he opened the door ready to leave for work, he was surprised to see Yolei and Ken there about to knock. They all jumped in surprise, “Whoa guys you sort of snuck up on me there.”
 
“Yeah… or maybe you snuck up on us.” Yolei joked.
 
Ken told Davis that they heard of what happened yesterday when Davis passed out, and they wanted to see if he was okay, and if he'd like to tag along to work. Davis smiled, “It'll be nice to have some old friends to talk to.”
 
Ken and Yolei knew what Davis meant by that. They had a sneaky feeling that his life was not all it was cracked up to be since he became an android. “I've always wanted to know what it was like to be a robot, but now I'm not so sure anymore.” said Yolei.
 
“Ahh well… you get used to it. I guess said Davis.
 
Meanwhile
 
At head office, disguised as one of Davis' employees, Yami's men was re-configuring some of the pipes in the building that lead to Davis' office. “Heh, heh, heh… come punch-in time and Mr. Motomiya's due to get… heh, heh… steamed up.”
 
Quickly, he left before anyone grew suspicious of him. That's when Davis finally came in, and was greeted by all his employees and secretaries. “Yo' boss…how's it shakin'?”
 
“Hey, Davis… rock on…”
 
Then there was a long line of ladies who bowed their heads as he passed. “Good morning sir.” They all said.
 
“Good morning ladies. Good morning.” Davis said back to them as he made his way towards the elevator.
 
His office was on the top floor, and actually took up half of it. There was always lots of paper work to do in his business as well as managing carts and stuff. After all… that was what being a millionaire was all about.
 
Davis and Veemon felt it getting a little warm when they stepped out of the elevator. “Whew! Is it hot here or is it me?” cried Veemon. That's when the door to Davis' office came into view. The wood looked pretty wet, and almost even warped.
 
Davis unlocked the door with his key, “What the heck…?” he muttered. He gave the warped door a few shoves, and WHESH! “DAAAH…!” a big cloud of hot steam burst from his office.
 
Davis coughed a little bit due to the warmth air making it hard to breathe, but he seemed to be okay. His systems never shorted out at all. “Good thing Izzy built those chips in Me.” he said as he opened up the windows to let the steam out.
 
Izzy had installed special steam-pressure chips along the insides of Davis' body. So if steam were to actually leak through, the chips would absorbs the steam and make better use of it for the systems instead of shorting them out.
 
The only draw back was that the chips would only be able to handle so much hot steam at once… but other than that, he was okay. Still…t he steam had done a little bit of damage to his office. He sighed heavily, and called over the intercom “Clean up crew… my office.”
 
Yami's spy however couldn't believe it when he heard Davis' voice. “Impossible… he should be flat on the floor by now.” he growled.
 
The spy kept a close watch on Davis that day, even when he went out on a cart-route. When Davis cooked up steaming hot noodles he didn't short out, have a system error or anything.
 
Even while he was pulling the cart up the streets a little steam shot out through the sewers right at him, and nothing happened. You can bet your boots that when Yami heard about this, he was ever so frustrated.
 
“Four steaming hot attacks in one day, and nothing happened?!” he thundered at Guardromon.
 
Guardromon was quivering in his bolt. “Yes, but Master… that's what was reported.” He whimpered. “All those attacks would short out any machine, but this man is like… magic!”
 
Yami growled as he slumped back into his seat. “I cannot believe this man!” he snarled. “Well… there is more than one way to skin a cat, just like he has more than one weakness. Hmm, mm, mm...”
 
It was time for him to change to Plan-B. If steam wasn't going to work, then stress would be the best thing. “Now, the only problem is… I need something that will really rattle his senses, and make him blow his top… but what?”
 
He sat down, snapped his fingers a couple of times, but he couldn't think of much. “U Master…?” Guardromon asked.
 
“What…?!”
 
“Uh… sir… if I may, I believe I know of what you can use to your advantage.”
 
Yami's eyes light, “Hmm… interesting…” he hissed, “Go on… I'm listening.”