Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Cyborg Davis ❯ The Brains behind it all ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
Over the next few days, Ken, along with Izzy's help did as much analyzing of the papers as they could. When Tai confronted his sister, Kari told him that she sent no messages to Davis.
 
“How can you think I would do such a thing like that?” she asked in shock, but she was even more shocked when Tai brought over all the letters that were sent to Davis over the past few days.
 
The handwriting was a perfect match, and so were the colors of the pen, but Kari still denied it. “I haven't written any letters or sent any emails to anybody since the wedding.”
 
“She's telling the truth Tai…” TK said coming to defend his wife. “I've been with her, she hasn't sent a thing.”
 
This began to strike everyone as odd. Either someone was just pulling a prank on Davis… not likely as no one would dare prank him; Or was someone out there trying to set him up so he'd get all steamy and blow his circuits?
 
They didn't know… and they wouldn't know until Ken and Izzy completed their tests on the papers they had.
 
Yet as Tai left their apartment, the moment he was out of sight and earshot. There was another knock at the door, and when Kari answered it three strange men were staring her down. “Hikari Takashi…?” one of them asked.
 
Kari nodded, “Yes…”
 
POW!! Kari was knocked out cold by the other two men. When TK, Patamon, and Gatomon heard the ruckus they rushed to the door, only to have the three men knock them all out too. “Let's get them out while their still cold.” said the leader, “The boss will be pleased.”
 
 
That boss was Yami who had ordered his thugs to go to the Takashi's and take everyone there hostage. He had just received reports that the task was carried out, “Hmm, mm, mm… good. Very good!” he sniggered, “Phase one is complete… now for phase two.”
 
He snickered wickedly as he began to use his cell-phone to send more false messages from Kari to Davis. “As the English would say… this shall be my finest performance.”
 
Meanwhile
 
With their knowledge of science, chemistry, and observations, Ken and Izzy were nearly working round the clock. Already they knew that it wasn't Kari who sent the letters and messages, but if not her… then who?
 
“Let's take a closer look.” Izzy said. Ken agreed… and they placed the paper under a super-microscope, manned by Tentomon. “Increase magnification, Tentomon.”
 
“Right… here goes…”
 
As the paper became closer and clearer, Ken spotted something. “Look there…” he said pointing at the screen. “What are those…?”
 
There on the paper they could see teeny-tiny little flakes that they couldn't see before. “Hey, those are skin-flakes.” cried Izzy. “I think we're getting somewhere here...”
 
They ran a few DNA scans, but sadly, the skin-flakes were far too small for the results to scan them; but Izzy and Ken weren't licked yet. They searched every single letter that was sent to Davis. Still… they found nothing that could help them. They needed something more sophisticated…
 
A way of tracking down this culprit in a way that couldn't be thwarted…
 
Izzy quickly called Davis on his cell-phone, and he got a great big, “YEAH WHAT…!” from the other line. Even Tentomon jumped at the sound of that growl.
 
Davis apologized when he learned who it really was, but he was really edgy at the moment. “If Kari text messages me one more time, I swear I'm going to--”
 
“Davis, it's not her!” Izzy quickly said.
 
Davis paused for a moment, and then Izzy passed the phone to Ken who explained to him what was going on. “We don't know the full details… but Kari's not the one doing this.”
 
On the other end of the phone, Davis was beginning to feel like such an idiot. He knew deep down all along that Kari would never act so ridiculous, and he nearly doubted everything.
 
Izzy and Ken told Davis to bring them his cell phone after work. Their plan was to wait for any new message from this mystery person, and then track it down where the signal was coming from.
 
Davis agreed. It was time to take action, and find out who was pulling all these stunts, and not literally, pushing his buttons.
 
Meanwhile
 
Kari, TK, Gatomon and Patamon had finally woken up, all of them were locked in separate cages, but not one of them knew just where they were.
 
TK rubbed his head, “Where are we?”
 
“Gee… it all looks so inviting.” Gatomon said referring to the dark room. Then suddenly, the doors at the end of the room opened wide and in walked a middle aged man whom they had never met before, but could tell by the look in his eyes, he meant nothing but trouble.
 
“Welcome to my factory.” he gritted his prisoners. “I am Yami Ninji, the owner and founder. In a normal language, my name means darkness. Quite appropriate for your surroundings, eh…?”
 
The others were most disgusted.
 
“May I present my assistant, Guardromon.” replied Yami as his Digimon entered the room.
 
“What? You have a Digimon?” TK snarled.
 
“But that's impossible…!” snapped Patamon, “Ever since Malyomyotismon was beaten, only those pure in heart can control a Digimon.”
 
This only made Yami chuckle, “A most assuring rule… but like all rules, they were made to be broken.” He said, “I own a Digimon, and with your help very soon… I will own far more.”
 
The others were all confused, “What do you want with us?” Kari asked.
 
Yami explained everything... about being jealous of Davis, and wanting his works for himself. Not to mention all the crazy stunts he had done to rattle his circuits. Kari was really disgusted by that, but not as disgusted as she and the others were about how crooked this man was acting.
 
“You're plan won't ever work!” snapped TK, “Davis' employees will never work for you.”
 
“The employees will grow used to it over time.” protested Yami, “I do not care for the workers and the people we serve, it is I myself that I care about. The sooner I get that miserable half-man, Motomiya out of the way, and myself empowered with his operations… the better!”
 
The four prisoners were really stuck. They had no way of getting out of their cages as Guardromon was watching over them. “One false move and I'll make you regret it!” he said as he aimed his guns.
 
Kari and TK were also stripped of their sell-phones, D3's, and D-Terminals. Even worse, Gatomon and Patamon weren't strong enough to break the bars on the cages. “Heh, heh, ah, ah, ah…! I knew there was some reason to by super-titanium metal.” Yami said to himself.
 
Phase two of his plan was complete, now it was only a matter of time before the big move would be made.