Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Cyborg Davis ❯ Signs of caring ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
Yami kept his prisoners under heavy watch all night, and he knew that tomorrow night was going to be one that no one would forget.
 
 
Tai and Jun were on their way to work that morning, and thought they'd check in on Kari and TK as they lived in the same building, but when they got to the door, “Whoa!” cried Tai. “What happened here…?” added Jun.
 
The door was wide open, and there was a big mess everywhere, as if someone had broken in and ransacked the place. “Kari? TK…?” Tai called, but nobody was home. This was starting to look pretty suspicious.
 
 
As Davis was on his way to work, he passed by the building where Kari and TK lived, and was surprised to see many police cars parked outside. “Gee… what'sh going on there?” Veemon wondered.
 
“Let's check it out…” said Davis as he drove his car up along the side of the road. He and Veemon got out and asked people the crowd what was going on, “Yo' some folks just got kidnapped in there.”
 
Veemon and Davis stared at each other in shock, and then they hear voices over the crowd, and could see Tai and Jun waving to them along with Yolei and Ken. They were very shocked to hear that it was Kari and TK who were the victims kidnapped, as well as Patamon and Gatomon.
 
“Who would do this?” Yolei cried, “What do they want with them?”
 
Davis began to think that it wasn't really Kari and TK that was this person's target. “That's not all…” Ken said as he gave Davis back his cell-phone. He showed them all there was yet another text-message from this mystery person, and this time they had sent a real message indicating that it really wasn't Kari on the other end…
 
“If you ever want to see your friends alive again, give Noodle-Corp. to me by sundown...!”
 
Davis' eyes narrowed in anger. “So… it was him all along!”
 
The others all looked at Davis all confused. “Davis…? You know who this is from?” Jun asked. Her brother nodded, and told them all about Yami Ninji...
 
Ninji's Noodles was once top of its game, but then Yami began to care more about money than what he was doing. When Davis began his Noodle-career and sold out huge, Yami grew increasingly jealous of him.
 
He tired time after time to buy Davis' recipes, and his works, but Davis would never sell his works after working so hard to earn them. “And even if I was, do you think I'd hand it over to a greedy man like you?”
 
Davis and Yami had been enemies ever since, and even though Yami fought several times to get what he wanted, Davis never fought back. “But now… I think that's going to change…” he said with a mysterious glare in his eyes.
 
The others could tell what he was going to do, and they all wanted to help him. “No… Veemon and I have to do this alone.”
 
“Davis… don't act all stubborn.” snapped Yolei, “We said we want help you. Quit pushing us away like this.”
 
Davis looked at her with seriousness in his eyes, “Look… this is my problem, okay, and I'll deal with it myself.” he said “Besides, I don't want to get anymore of you into trouble because of me.”
 
As Davis and Veemon walked away, the others stood there feeling confused, an outraged, but mostly, they were amazed. “Did you hear him…?” Tai asked. “He said he didn't want to put us in danger…”
 
To everyone that sounded like an act of concern, almost as if he was showing signs that he cared. “But that would be an act of love…” Ken said. This began to strike everyone of how Davis wasn't acting all confused like he was before.
 
“Focus guys…” Tai said, “We still can't let them go off like that.”
 
The others agreed, even Jun… though she wasn't a Digi Destined at all. They called the others, but they also made sure that Davis and Veemon didn't know anything about this. “Okay… let's go...”
 
Meanwhile
 
Yami himself was also very busy preparing things for the night. Knowing Davis as the most powerful, most victorious Digi Destined in the world, he would probably bring Veemon with him and put up a fight. “Heh, heh, heh… and if he does…” he sniggered as he stroked a remote in his hand, “I'll be ready for him…”
 
Guardromon was very impressed, “Oh… master… it seems as though for once… one of your master plans will finally pay off.” he complimented.
 
“Thank you Guardromon…” said Yami. “And I accept your resignation.”
 
“But Master…?”
 
 
While those two argued, the four prisoners were still trying to break free form their cages. Kari and TK couldn't even shift the bars, let alone try to bend them.
 
“LIGHTNING PAW!!” Poor Gatomon busted her claws badly, and Patamon didn't even bother to try his Boom-Bubble. “It's no good… the bars are to strong.” Patamon panted.
 
“Ugh…!” Kari was really getting irritated, “I wish we had our D3's!”
 
“Well…we don't…” TK said, “I don't know how we're going to get out of this.”
 
They couldn't get out of the cages, and they couldn't warn the others of Yami's plan, worst of all, Kari was really worried about Davis. If he heard about all this and tried to burst in… the stress would wear him out for sure…
 
 
However… unbeknownst to all them, that Izzy had worked on Davis' stress troubles, and sent him something last night to help him, and Davis was at home installing it into his chest. “If Yami thinks he can get the best of me, he's got another thing coming.”
 
By sundown he had finished fixing himself up. Then he pulled out a small box from his bedroom-closet, and pulled out his D3, and D-Terminal, both he had not taken in years. “You ready Veemon…?”
 
Veemon walked out from the small gym Davis had, looking all pumped up, “Davish… let'sh get busy!”