Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Cyborg Davis ❯ Danger levels ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
Yami ordered his men to “Disassemble this useless metal-man.” he said motioning at Davis' motionless body. “I could use spare machine parts.”
 
His guards sniggered as they grabbed their tool-pouches, but before they could take so much as one step towards the wall. “You know… my skin maybe metallic.” Davis suddenly said…
 
Everyone gasped in confusion, and then Davis shot his head up revealing that he was okay, “But at least mine's not wrinkled!”
 
Yami was speechless, “But how… it can't… You should be completely wiped out!” he snarled.
 
Davis explained them about Izzy's new safety system that was installed into his head, and chest compartments. Davis would get angry and extremely stressed from seeing things that bothered him, but the systems would actually slow-down his inside-systems, so he wouldn't short out from the stress.
 
“If you spent less time caring about your precious money like I do, you'd probably be able to see what's happening in the world around you… like… EX-VEEMON…!”
 
One of the high-up windows shattered and in flew Ex-Veemon. “You called…?”
 
Yami couldn't believe his eyes, and before he could give his men an order, Ex-Veemon rushed Yami to the ground, and smashing the remote he had, which de-magnetized the wall allowing Davis to slip off.
 
The Guards tried to charge, but Ex-Veemon knocked them down with one swipe of his tail. “Davis, grab the keys!” he cried.
 
Davis quickly grabbed the guards' keys and opened the cages. “Come on… let's go!” he shouted at the others, and everyone began to rush out of the room. Yami got to his feet just as they entered the elevator. “They're not going anywhere! Not yet!” he growled.
 
 
In the lift…
 
Kari, TK, Gatomon, and Patamon couldn't believe that all that just happened. “Davis… thanks a lot!” Patamon cried.
 
“Don't mention it.” Davis said, and then he turned and said sternly, “Really… Don't!”
 
The others felt heart-struck, but then again from Davis had to see, who could blame him. “Davis… I--”
 
“Kari… I don't want to hear it.”
 
“Gee… and here we thought you were actually starting to care.” said Gatomon.
 
Davis turned and looked down at her. “Care…? Care about what…? The facts that I just risked myself to save the likes of Kari and TK after seeing them get on with it on that tape… and stabbing me in my mechanical-heart?
 
“Davis…!”
 
“Save it TK!” He snarled at him, “When are you guys going to get it through your heads? I'm a ROBOT! I do not have love, or any use for it!”
 
“Yes you do…” Kari said on the verge of tears of guilt. “Davis, I'm sorry things ended up like this for you, and I'm sorry you had to see that… but you do have love in you.”
 
Davis just sighed in irritation. Kari just didn't get it… or maybe he didn't understand it either? Maybe his actions were because done out of reasons of caring and deep feelings, but he still wasn't sure if that's what it really was…
 
After all… he still didn't think of Kari and TK much like friends since they became a couple. Regardless of what he thought… they all weren't out of danger just yet.
 
As the elevator stopped at the ground floor and the doors opened, they could all see the exit doors up ahead, but as they ran for the doors. They were sealed off. “That's as far as you all go!” Yami snarled over the intercom.
 
“Yami!” Davis shouted. “I've had enough with all this nonsense. Now let us go!”
 
“I'm sorry… but I can't let you all leave.” said another voice from in the shadows. The others all looked over, and there stood, “Ah! Andromon!” cried Kari.
 
“Have you forgotten that the master also has a Digimon?” Andromon asked, “Well if you had, you'd all be on your way to freedom by now, but instead I'll now take each and every one of you out of the picture…. LIGHTNING-BLADE!R 21;
 
Everyone watched as his hand changed into a sharp blade. There was no way out. Kari and TK still left their D3s at home… and even Gatomon was no match for an Ultimate. “What are we going to do now?” cried Patamon.
 
Everyone huddled close together as Andromon began stomping towards them. Yami was watching from a box in the ceiling. “Yes… yes… kill them!”
 
 
Davis stood in front of all the others trying to persuade Yami to take him, but let the others go, Yami wasn't interested. Finally, Andromon was in striking range, but before he could swing his blade…
 
“VEE-LASER!”
 
Ex-Veemon, who had taken the second elevator down as he couldn't fit in with all the others, had just come through the doors, and fired his attack which was strong enough to knock Andromon away and make him slam right into a huge steam-pipe, busting it wide open, and causing huge clouds of steam to start rushing.
 
“Whoa…!” cried TK, “How did he do that?” he asked implying that Ex-Veemon was only a champion Digimon.
 
Over the years, Davis had Veemon exercise a lot and had him train with computer simulations he had bought with his fortune. The allowed Veemon and his Digivolved forms to become stronger, and faster, and would be able to stand a better chance against stronger level Digimon.
 
Andromon got to his feet, “Very impressive… but not good enough!” he growled, and then the two Digimon engaged in combat. “Bring it on…!” growled Ex-Veemon.
 
As the two Digimon fought, the fight seemed to be equal. Ex-Veemon's training was paying off. Still… he did get his fair share of hits. Not only that, but he and Andromon… they're missed attacks broke more steam pipes, and smashed up some dangerous equipment.
 
“Andromon, What are you doing?!” growled Yami, “Get rid of that pest of a Digimon, and kill the others!” but Andromon wasn't able to obey the order.
 
Then, everyone began to hear police sirens outside, “Yami Ninji…!” called a voice over a megaphone, “You are completely surrounded. Come out with your hands up!”
 
That's when Davis' cell-phone rang. It was Ken, and he told Davis that he and the others had gathered the police to help him out. As outraged as Davis was, now wasn't the time to argue. “Ken… we're locked in… there's no way out!”
 
He also told Ken that Ex-Veemon was fighting Andromon, and there was even more trouble. “The steam pipes have burst… and lots of electronic equipment in here is going berserk!”
 
Ex-Veemon tossed Andromon, slamming him hard into the wall and blowing up more of the wires, and pipes. The red-alarm sounded, indicating trouble, and a steam-meter began to rise to danger levels as steam began to flood the rooms, and wires began sparkling.
 
“I don't like the looks of this!” cried TK.
 
“All those sparks and steam…” added Gatomon. “We're going to be blown to pieces!”
 
The meter was racing up faster and faster. From the looks of things, they only had less than five minutes!