Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Daisuke and the Kaizer ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Daisuke and the Kaiser
By Sakura

Part 1

Mukashi, mukashi there was a group of children known as the digidestined. Each child had their own partner and friend – a digimon who suited each one’s personality. But none of them were so well matched as their current leader, Daisuke Motomiya.
His digimon was a blue dragon/dinosaur type that could put the Energizer Bunny to shame. But in addition to being able to keep up with his partner’s hyperactivity, the Veemon also had just as much stubbornness and determination as his human. He also had a sort of cuteness that grew on you as Daisuke did.
That was what was going through the Digital Kaiser’s mind at the moment. In spite of the fact that Arukenimon wanted Daisuke and the others out of the way, the indigo haired boy just couldn’t. Over the past few weeks, he had slowly falling in love with his auburn haired enemy.
“He’d be much better off as my consort than rotting in a grave,” he muttered to himself as he watched his archenemy’s latest attempt to free some ringed Zoramon. The tyrant also known as Ken then came up with a plan to capture his beloved, frightening his own digimon partner Wormmon with his cackling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daisuke cursed as he looked at the gaping hole above him. It had to have been the biggest mistake of his life to go to the digiworld by himself with only Veemon for protection.
“You ok, Daisuke?” the blue digimon called from the top of the sinkhole his partner had fallen into.
“Yeah,” the auburn haired digidestined replied, dusting himself off. He winced in pain as he tried to stand. “Ouchie. I think I might have twisted my ankle or something though.”
“Stay there. I’ll get help,” Veemon said running off in search of friendly digimon.
“Stay here he says,” the boy muttered. “Like I have a choice.” Sighing, Daisuke sat down and leaned against the wall to wait for his partner to return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The indigo haired figure chuckled, looking at the sleeping boy before him. “How cute,” he said then frowned not believing he had just said that out loud. “Take him out of here,” he ordered an Aeorveedramon. “Oh and do be careful with him. I don’t want him waking up just yet.”
The blue dragon/dinosaur type digimon picked up the slumbering Daisuke gingerly and half leapt, half flew out of the sinkhole where it stood waiting for further orders. Another Aeorveedramon then lifted its master up and followed its mate. “Hmm… where to stash you so Arukenimon doesn’t find out,” the evil genius said temporarily dismounting and looking at the still sleeping digidestined. “She already knows I’ve got his digimon so bringing him home won’t do any good. She’d make me kill them both.”
Wormmon cringed. He didn’t want to see anyone killed either, but not for the same reasons as his master and partner. Also the thought of the spider digimon gave green caterpillar chills down his spine.
The Kaiser paced back and forth for a few minutes trying to think of a safe place to hide his new pet. The digiworld was a pretty big place and there were plenty of places for someone to hide, but he needed a place near his fortress. After practically digging a ditch from all the pacing and making the little green digimon dizzy, he finally came up with the perfect place.
He remembered coming across an old but still livable castle in one of the vast digital forests. It wasn’t too far from his current base, but far enough from the spider digimon’s spying eyes. It was also hidden from sight by the dense trees and ivy growing all over it. Also no evil digimon dared go near it for rumor said that it had once belonged to either a Leomon or Angemon. No one could really remember. However, Ken could care less about stupid rumors. He needed a place to hide the boy and that old castle was perfect.
He picked up Wormmon and leapt onto the other Aeorveedramon. “Follow me,” he ordered the digimon carrying his enemy and the two dragon/dinosaur digimon flew off towards what was to be Daisuke’s new home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The auburn haired boy looked about him in awe. He was in a large and richly furnished room. A thick oriental rug covered most of the floor, complimenting the tapestries on most of the walls. He had been laying on a king size four-poster bed of mahogany, but was now staring at it in amazement. He didn’t know much about woodworking, but he could tell that the posts were carved by hand.
He ran a hand along the sheets and saw they were a deep blue silk. He couldn’t help letting out a soft whistle.
“Do you require something?” a Bakemon asked coming through the door.
“Kyahhhhh!!” the boy said, startled. “D-Don’t do that!”
“I’m sorry my lord, but I was told to see if you needed anything,” the ghost digimon said bowing slightly.
Daisuke looked at the usually evil type digimon, puzzled. “Um… not really. I-I’m fine thanks.”
The Bakemon bowed again. “Very well then. Just call if you do need anything.” It then turned and headed for the door.
“Hey wait!” Daisuke called.
“Yes?” the digimon said, pausing.
“Um… where am I?”
“The master will explain,” the Bakemon replied, “Is there anything else?”
“Yeah, just who is this master? It’s um… not the Kaiser is it?”
“I’m not allowed to discuss that, my lord,” was the reply. “If you need nothing else, I’ll be going.” The ghost digimon then floated back through the door.
“What do you mean by that?!” the digidestined of Courage and Friendship asked. “Get back here!” But the Bakemon was long gone. “Damn!”
Daisuke went back to surveying the room and went through several drawers of cherry wood chests to find several fancy clothing and linens. A few books lined a small mahogany bookcase by the bed, but he soon got bored since most of them had no pictures or were too complicated for him to understand. He sat on the bed, waiting for whoever had brought him there to show up.
Eventually the boy’s stomach reminded him that he hadn’t eaten in a while and he left the room in search of food. As he limped along the halls, he saw several digimon mulling about the halls of what appeared to be some sort of castle. They were mostly Bakemon and Gazimon, but none had rings or spirals – at least he could see none.
‘Well I guess it wasn’t Ken who brought me here. There’s no rings on these digimon,’ Daisuke thought as he continued to wander about.
It took him half an hour before he bumped into a Leomon. “S-Sorry,” he said hoping the lion digimon wasn’t going to eat him.
“You should not be walking around with that ankle.,” the Leomon said picking him up carefully.
“It’s fine. Y-you don’t have to carry me!” the boy protested.
“The master said to make sure you don’t aggravate the sprain. What was it you required?”
Daisuke, still feeling nervous around the huge digimon, blushed. “I-I was… that is… I’m kinda hungry,” he managed to stammer.
“I see,” the lion replied. “I shall take you to the dining hall and have the others bring you some food.”
“T-Thanks.”
“The master left strict orders that we were to obey all your commands. He also said that your well being should be our highest priority.”
The auburn haired digidestined blushed. “He did, huh? Just who is your master?”
“I do not know,” the Leomon replied. “I have not seen him. Most of us have not. But he is very powerful and we must obey him.”
“Oh. Um… you think I’ll get to meet your master?” Daisuke asked, extremely curious.
“I do not know.” The lion put him carefully in a chair at a large oak table. “He said he would return later tonight.”
“Um… ok. Thanks, uh… Leomon.”
The lion digimon nodded then bowed. “Your meal should be along shortly.”
After a huge four course dinner, which he found nigh impossible to finish on his own. Daisuke asked for the Leomon to take him back to his room since he really couldn’t remember the way back. He really wanted to explore the castle some more but he was feeling a bit sleepy after such a large meal.
Daisuke lay down on the bed thinking of the mysterious master and where his partner could be. “I wonder if he’s in this castle somewhere. I’ve gotta ask this guy, maybe he knows,” he said to no one in particular.
Deciding to take another stab at the books, he picked one up and started to read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Kaiser chuckled as he entered the only fully restored bedroom. His ‘guest’ had fallen asleep reading one of the books he had taken great pains to bring to the digiworld. “You’ve no idea how kawaii you are like this Dai-chan,” he said quietly putting the book back into its proper place. “I’m glad you decided to come to my garden alone. I’d have a hard time prying you away from those brats.” He gingerly brushed a stray lock of hair from the sleeping boy’s face and carefully removed the goggles.
Placing them on the closest nightstand, the indigo haired tyrant quickly go ready for bed, carefully undressing Daisuke as well – grateful his rival was a heavy sleeper. He clapped once and the lights he installed went out.
The auburn haired boy remained asleep until Ken crawled into bed next to him and wrapped his arms around him. Feeling suddenly warmer, Daisuke opened his eyes. “W-Who’s there?” he asked sleepily. “Veemon?”
He heard a soft chuckle. “I’m not your partner, little Dai-chan,” said the person next to him. He knew he heard the voice before but his sleep filled couldn’t process it. “Who?” he asked again, somewhat more awake.
“No one important,” his bedmate replied, with a smirk. “Just your host.”
“Oh!” Daisuke shot up. He definitely wasn’t expecting the master of the castle to crawl into the same bed with him. “Um… sorry I uh… didn’t know this was your room.”
His host laughed, grateful it was too dark for Daisuke to see who was in bed with him. “Nonsense,” Ken said drawing the other boy back against him and nuzzling his cheek. “This is our room, dear Daisuke since it’s the only one fully restored.”
The digidestined blushed finding that he rather liked the embrace even if he didn’t know who it was embracing him. “Don’t tell me you’d rather sleep in dust with all kinds of creepy crawlies do you?” the boy behind him asked running a finger along his cheek, causing him to blush even more.
“Um… I-I… no,” he stammered. “Y-You seem to be a nice guy, but I’m not…” he said struggling against his host’s gentle yet firm hold. He couldn’t betray Kari like this. He suddenly found that he had squirmed in such a way that he was now facing the mysterious boy. The shadowy figure then silence Daisuke in mid-sentence with a kiss. The digidestined then forgot to break away as his higher brain functions short-circuited.
‘This is so easy, it’s almost hardly a challenge,’ Ken thought as he broke the kiss only to place his lips on Daisuke’s neck. ‘But I want you anyway.’
Daisuke stopped thinking when his host decided to start doing more than just kiss and let the pleasure he was feeling take over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The redhead mumbled in his sleep as his newfound lover reluctantly rose from the bed and began to dress. “Sorry, sweet but I have work to do,” the indigo haired boy murmured tucking the sheets back over his sleeping love. The redhead then rolled onto his back, one arm flung out the side Ken had been just moments before. “You’re just too kawaii for words when you’re asleep, Dai-chan.”
“Mmm…” Daisuke mumbled, waking slightly. “Huh?” he said noticing there was no one next to him.
“I have to go, pet,” Ken said, placing a quick kiss on his cheek.
“Don’t,” Daisuke said pouting a bit.
The Kaiser smiled, amused at how easily fooled his rival was. “I have to go. I’ve lots of work to do, but I’ll be back by tonight.”
“’K,” the other boy said, groggily. Just was about to step through the doorway, he sat up and called. “Wait. Um… who are you? It’s kinda hard to see in here.”
Ken paused, but didn’t turn around, fearful the light from the hall would be enough for the digidestined to recognize him. “I can’t let you see me, Dai-chan,” he said, sadly. “Not yet.”
“But why?” the auburn haired boy pleaded.
“I have enemies,” his host and now lover said. “Powerful ones. If you were too see me, they would know where I am if they captured you. They’d hurt you to get to me and I don’t want that.”
“I don’t get what you’re saying, but I-I don’t want you to get hurt either.” Daisuke’s face fell and Ken secretly smirked. “Can you at least tell me your name?”
“I can’t,” the figure at the door said, “However, you can call me ‘Kai’.” Ken then bit his lip in attempt to stifle the sudden urge to laugh. “I’ll see you later tonight, Dai-chan. Oh and by the way, your digimon is safe, but he was hurt in a fight with a ringed digimon. I’ll have him brought here as soon as he’s well enough.”
“Wait! Tell me what happened to Veemon! Matte!!”
The mysterious host fled the room leaving his lover bewildered and worried for his partner. “Just how bad is he hurt?” Daisuke asked, mentally kicking himself for not asking about Veemon in the first place. “Veemon,” he muttered, unable to go back to sleep in spite of the extremely early hour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Daisuke!!!!!!” the little blue digimon leapt into his partner’s arms.
“Hey Veemon!” the human said, hugging him. “Boy did I miss you!”
“I missed you too.”
“How are you feeling buddy? I heard you got hurt.”
“I’m fine, Dai,” Veemon replied, confused. “Who told you I was hurt? I did get caught by the Kaiser though.”
“Ken captured you?!”
“Yeah some of his digimon snuck up on me while I went to get help for ya. I’ve been so worried Daisuke. I thought he got you too.”
“Well he didn’t. I’m fine. My ankle’s better too. See?” He stood up and carried his partner to the bed.
“That’s great but, how’d ya get outta that hole?”
Daisuke frowned slightly. “Well, I don’t really know how but I think Kai must’ve gotten me out somehow. I kinda fell asleep waiting for you.” He then rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.
“Who’s Kai?” his partner asked. “Is he a new digidestined or something?”
“I don’t know.”
“Huh? What dya mean you don’t know, Dai?”
“Well… uh… you see… that is…”
The blue dragon/dinosaur digimon looked at his human friend anxiously. “Come on, Dai spit it out already!”
The auburn haired boy took a deep breath then explained what had been going on while he was captured by Ken.
“I don’t like it, Dai,” Veemon said frowning, “You’ve no idea who or what this guy is and I think he might be in with the Kaiser.”
“That’s impossible!” Daisuke said indignant, “Kai’s been really nice to me. He even lets me do what I want and there isn’t a single digimon here with a ring or spiral on.”
“But you said he won’t let you leave the castle. I think he’s keeping you here so he and Ken can put up some more spires.”
“You’re being silly, Veemon. If Kai’s working for the Kaiser then how’d you get away?”
The digimon rubbed his head. “I… uh… don’t know,” he said sheepishly. “The last thing I remember was yelling at Ken for locking me in that stinky cell. The next thing I knew I was here and some Bakemon was practically pushing me into this room.”
“Well maybe Kai had someone bust you out,” Daisuke suggested.
“Yeah maybe, but I don’t like it. It just doesn’t smell right.”
“Well there’s nothing we can do right now, so why don’t we just wait this out,” Daisuke said, glad to be back with his partner. “I’m just glad you’re all right.”
“Me too, Dai.” Veemon snuggled up to his digidestined partner, drawing comfort from the hug the boy was giving him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks went by and Daisuke grew accustomed to living at the old castle with his mysterious lover. In the beginning the auburn haired digidestined had insisted on seeing his partner, family and friends, which he did after a few days’ stay.
He was only allowed to be with Veemon however, ‘Kai’ saying that it was too risky for the other digidestined to visit. Daisuke however was allowed to send an email to the others that he was all right and explain the situation to them. ‘Kai’s’ only request was that he wouldn’t give them his location, which Daisuke reluctantly obeyed even if he really had no idea where he was anyway.
Life in the daylight hours was absolute torture for the lonely redhead. In spite that he had been given complete control over the digimon servants and was free to wander about wherever he liked, Daisuke was never allowed to leave the castle walls. Whenever he got too near the castle gates beyond the large courtyard, the digimon guarding them would shoo him away refusing to obey him and let him pass. He had become a bird in a gilded cage.
The digimon serving him and his partner were friendly enough, but Daisuke found himself missing his mysterious lover, who he still hadn’t actually seen, even more. During one of their many nights together, he had found that even though his lover was obviously smarter than him, ‘Kai’ liked most of the same things he did. He even went through the trouble of having every game system known to man hooked up in one of the few rooms still useable so they could play together sometimes and so that Daisuke wouldn’t be too bored waiting for ‘Kai’ to return from his work.
Nighttime had become the redhead’s favorite time of day. He’d spend hour after hour talking, playing, or just cuddling and often more with ‘Kai’, content to have human company. He hardly thought of his friends and family now. Only two people mattered to him now, Veemon and ‘Kai’. However, his partner had become less important to him as time went on, especially when the love of his life was around.
The little blue digimon at first refused to stay or let his human partner remain with the mysterious ‘Kai’, but once Daisuke explained what ‘Kai’ had told him, Veemon halfheartedly agreed to stay as his personal bodyguard while his partner’s lover was away. Now the dragon/dinosaur digimon had become accustomed to life at the castle as well. He spent most of his time training in the underground arena ‘Kai’ had built, which he enjoyed, but was happiest when he got to spend time with his partner either playing video games or just walking about the gardens in the back.
Life was good for both of them.

End of part 1

Dai: Hey! When am I gonna find out I’ve been sleeping with Ken?
Sakura: I’d be careful if I were you Dai-chan. You know curiosity killed the Gatomon.
Gato: I resent that remark!
Sakura: You’ll just have to wait like everyone else. Maybe in the next part.
Dai&Ken: Maybe?!
Sakura: If certain digidestined don’t keep bugging me, I may never even bother writing the next
part.
Miyako: Ok you two lovebirds, let’s leave the wacko to her work.
Dai&Ken: (blush)
Sakura: Arigatou Miyako. BTW, I am not a wacko – he is. (points to Mummymon)
Mummy: Eh? What do you mean?
Sakura: You’re the one in love with a spider. Ick!
Arukeni: I agree with you on that.
Mummy: But Aru-chan… (Arukenimon whacks him into the stratasphere)
Sakura&Aru: Baka.
Hikari: Um… please review this.