Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Daisuke and the Kaizer ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Daisuke and the Kaiser
By Sakura

Part 2

Daisuke opened the bedroom door to see a Bakemon and a Gazimon outside, blocking his path. “Hey what gives?” he asked, perplexed.
“I’m sorry, Lord Daisuke,” the Gazimon said bowing, but the master has ordered us to make sure you stay in your room for the day.”
“Why?”
The rabbit like digimon looked at his ghostly companion who said nothing, only making a gesture that could possibly have been interpreted as a shrug. “I guess it’s ok to tell you. Some humans are headed this way and will be here shortly. The master doesn’t want to risk you being seen,” the Gazimon explained.
“Oh,” Daisuke replied, “Wait a sec, are they my friends.. er, the other digidestined?”
“We do not no that, lord,” the ghost digimon answered.
“I’ve got to see them!” the redhead pleaded. “They could be my friends.”
“Forgive us lord, but we can’t let you pass,” said the Gazimon, still refusing to budge.
“But I’ve got to. Didn’t your master say that you had to obey me?” he asked in a sudden stroke of genius.
“That he did, lord,” replied the Bakemon.
“Well then, I order you to let me pass,” Daisuke commanded.
“But lord,” began the rabbit digimon.
“Are you going against your master’s orders?” he said trying his best to sound like the Kaizer, hoping to intimidate them enough without really scaring them. “He told you to obey me right?”
“Yeah, but – “ The poor Gazimon’s head began to spin with the two conflicting orders.
“Look, I just wanna see if these humans are my friends or not. I’ll stay hidden and come right back. ‘Sides Kai’ll never have to know. He’s not gonna be back right now is he?”
“No,” came the Bakemon’s reply.
“Then let me pass. It’ll be all right. I’ll explain to your master that it’s not your fault if anything happens, ok?”
The two digimon looked at each other hen moved from the doorway. “Do be careful, Lord Daisuke,” the Gazimon said fearfully.
“Hey, it’ll be ok,” he said patting the rabbit digimon on the head and giving a reassuring smile. “Thanks guys.” With that, Daisuke rushed down the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You may not enter here,” said the Centarumon guarding the castle gates.
“Hey! Why not?!” asked the lavender haired girl. “Is this the Digimon Kaizer’s secret base or something?”
“I know not of such things only that no one but the master may pass these gates,” replied the horse like digimon.
“I don’t see any dark rings on him,” said her blond companion. “So I guess the Kaizer hasn’t gotten here yet.”
“That’s good, I think,” a brown haired girl said, “Um… can you ask you master if we can stay and rest a bit? You see we’re awfully tired.”
“I am sorry, but the master is away,” replied the Centarumon.
“Go fig,” muttered the first girl. “Looks like we walk some more.”
“It was a nice try though, ‘Kari,” the boy said placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.
As the group turned to leave, a voice called from behind the gates. “Wait! Let them in. It’s ok, I’ll take full responsibility.”
The Centarumon sighed, he really wished the humans he served would make up their minds. “As you wish, my lord,” he said opening the gates.
“I thought you said your master wasn’t – “ the lavender haired girl’s mouth hung open in mid sentence.
The other children with her stared at the figure before them.
“Daisuke?!” the blond boy asked in shock.
“You baka! What the heck are you doing here?! Have you no idea how worried we all were?!” the lavender haired girl said, practically screaming.
“Hey! I told you guys I was ok. Any way I sorta promised the boss here, that I’d stay for a bit.”
“A bit?! It’s been almost two months!” said a small brown haired boy, startling the others.
“You’d guys better come in,” Daisuke said, “I’ll explain.”
“You’d better,” the lavender haired girl threatened.
“Miyako!” Kari said glaring at the other girl. “If Daisuke thinks he should keep this promise, then let him. Though I’d wish you’ve told us what’s going on sooner, Daisuke.”
“Damn right he should have,” Miyako spat.
The boys nodded in silent agreement then followed the girls and their now found missing friend into the castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are you sure this ‘Kai’ person isn’t the Kaizer?” the blond boy asked his auburn haired friend.
“TK’s right Daisuke,” agreed Kari, “He could be playing with you to keep you and Flamedramon away from the spires.”
“You’ve got it all wrong guys!” Daisuke said, “Kai’s not the Kaizer!”
“Oh really? Can you prove it?” Miyako asked. Sadly, the redhead shook his head. “Hmph, didn’t think you could since you’ve never really seen this guy!”
“That’s enough Miyako!” Kari said, defending her friend. “What makes you think he’s not the Kaizer, Daisuke?”
He blushed as he mumbled something too low for any of them to hear.
“What was that? We didn’t hear you,” the younger boy said.
“I said he loves me,” Daisuke repeated, turning even redder.
“Oh that’s all right then,” Miyako said sarcastically, “How could he possibly be the Kaizer if he loves the baka over there.”
“Stuff it Miyako!” Kari said getting angry. Silently, TK made a mental note not to piss the brunette off. “But she does have a point. You have to find out for sure if he isn’t the Kaizer.”
“Listen, I want you to promise us something Daisuke-kun,” TK said placing a hand on his friend’s shoulder.
“What?” Daisuke asked.
“If Kai really is the Kaizer, I want you to find a way to escape ok? No matter how much you think he loves you.”
“Yeah sure thing, TJ,” he said halfheartedly, “But I still say he’s not the Kaizer!”
“Let’s go guys. It’s getting late,” Kari said getting up from her seat.
“But…” Miyako began.
“I’ll see you around, Daisuke,” TK said dragging the still protesting girl.
“Please be careful,” said the brown haired boy, Iori as he followed his friends.
“You guys be careful too,” Daisuke called as they left.

He began to feel guilty. Kai had been so good to him and Veemon all this time and now that he’d talked with his friends, doubts began to creep into Daisuke’s mind.
His heart insisted that the others were wrong, but his mind kept arguing that they did have a point. How could be so sure Kai wasn’t their enemy? Why did Kai never let him see his face no matter how many times he begged?
He had to find out before the doubts drove him crazy. He decided that the only way to keep his mind intact, was to get to the bottom of the mystery. And he would do it that night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daisuke lay awake, Kai contentedly curled up beside him with his arm draped over his chest. He had determined his lover was asleep hours ago, but just couldn’t bring himself to move and light the candle he managed to hide beside the bed. He couldn’t shake the feeling that once he lit it, his relationship and life would be ruined.
It had been easy enough to sneak the candle and matches into his room. Even more easy to hide them since Kai never touched the nightstands. But lighting the candle proved to be the most difficult thing he’d ever tried to do.
‘C’mon Motomiya!’ he silently chided, ‘You’re supposed to be the Keeper of Courage for crying out loud! You wanna prove the guys are wrong right? So what the heck are you waiting for?!’ Daisuke clenched his teeth then finally got the courage to carefully disentangle himself from the sleeping boy next to him.
With shaking hands, he brought the candle and matches out from their hiding place. Taking several deep breaths, he lit the candle and timidly crept over to Kai’s side of the bed.
It was barely bright enough to see, but the spiky indigo hair was unmistakable. Also the light from the candle’s flame flickered off a pair of gold-rimmed glasses resting on the nightstand nearby. Upon further inspection, Daisuke located the Digimon Kaizer’s hastily discarded uniform and cape lying on the floor not too far from his own clothes.
“No! It’s not him!” he cried. “There’s no way I’ve been sleeping with the enemy!” He sagged to the floor.
“But you have my dear, Daisuke,” the boy at the bed said sadly.
The auburn haired boy didn’t seem to hear him. “I’m dreaming. That’s it. None of the digimon here have any of those dark rings or spirals so this has gotta be a dream.”
“Daisuke,” the Kaizer said again, carefully taking the candle from the boy’s still shaking hands.
“You #@$^@%#!” Daisuke yelled, taking a swipe at the indigo haired boy and missing by inches.
“Tsk, tsk,” the Kaizer said clucking his tongue. “I take you in, heal your wounds and give you the love you were so desperate for, and this is the thanks I get?” Daisuke thought for a moment he had seen what looked like genuine hurt in the digital tyrant’s eyes.
“Y-You tricked me!” he said sobbing.
“You should have known better, Dai-chan. I thought you were smarter than this. Well, I guess I was wrong. You are as stupid as that purple haired @#%^$ says you are.” The Kaizer then began to gather his clothes and dress. “I came up with a more clever way of controlling the digimon. Your precious Veemon was an excellent test subject,” he said holding up a tiny microchip and smirked.
“I love you dammit!” Tears flowed freely from Daisuke’s eyes now.
“Well that’s too bad. Only those with a brain are worthy of my affection. So long Dai-chan, as of right now you’re free to go.” He then left their room, not even bothering to look back.
“Come back here Kaizer! I’m not finished with you!” But the other boy didn’t listen. The room was suddenly barren and lonely. Daisuke slammed his foot into the wall, stubbing his toes then fell to the floor once more, crying his eyes out.
On one of the nightstands, the candle stood, still lit; a silent witness to the redhead’s pain.
“What have I done?!” he had barely to get out between sobs. As the candle slowly melted and the flame diminished, Daisuke whispered into the darkening room, “I love you, Ken.”

TBC

Daisuke: Oi onna! What did I ever do to you?! You hurt me again!
Sakura: Gomen ne, Suke-chan. But I have to stick to the plot of the myth here.
KKen: Don’t worry, Dai-chan, I’ll make it better.
Sakura: Not here, please Kaizer-sama? There are kids reading this stuff. Any way I promise to try not hurting you next part.
TK: Neener neener! Yama-niichan got a nice happy ending and you didn’t! 8-P
Sakura: Takeru! Stop picking on my Suke-chan!
KKen: Your Suke-chan?!
Sakura: Oopsie. I meant the Kaizer’s.
KKen: Don’t forget next time.
Sakura: Hai Kaizer-sama.
Dai: Anyway please review this… um… fic.
KKen: Or you’ll be fed to my Kimeramon!
Sakura: Kaizer behave! I want to keep the few readers I have not lose them!