Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Daisuke and the Kaizer ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Daisuke and the Kaiser
By Sakura

Part 3

Daisuke stood at the entrance of Ken’s mobile fortress. It had taken days to find it and now he had, the redhead wasn’t so sure if he should just give up or demand to be let in.
‘No turning back now, Motomiya,’ he scolded, ‘You’ve come this far so get going.’ He timidly rose a hand and just as he was about to knock, the door opened and a strange looking man in a blue trench coat and hat appeared. Both were equally startled to find each other standing there.
“What are you doing here? If Arukenimon sees you…” the man began.
“Please, I’ve got to see Ken, um the Kaizer!” Daisuke pleaded.
The man stood there, perplexed. He knew something had happened between this boy and the indigo haired tyrant, but wasn’t sure just what. Whatever it was, it had made the other boy moodier than ever and thus made the spider womon angrier than usual since no amount of persuasion could get the Kaizer to listen to her.
“I really don’t think I should let you in,” he replied.
“Please! I’ve got to talk to him! I-I’ll do anything! Just let me see him for a minute!”
The blue clad man looked at digidestined sympathetically. He recognized that tone. He had often used it himself whenever Arukenimon refused his advances. But no matter how much he understood the human’s need to see Ken, he couldn’t risk angering the silver haired womon further. He was about to deny him again when the object of his affections appeared behind him.
Daisuke immediately got a chill when he spied the red clad womon and he nervously gulped, suddenly frightened.
“Mummymon why haven’t you left yet baka?! I thought you were going to get me some take-“ Her eyes fell on the boy before them. She then glared menacingly at him. “YOU!!! Just what did you do to my Ken?! He’s been refusing to obey me ever since he told me he let you go.”
“Please let me speak to him. I’ve got to see Ken,” the Keeper of Courage and Friendship begged, trembling under Arukenimon’s icy stare.
“I should kill you now,” the womon said, smiling cruelly.
“Please,” Daisuke pleaded, “I-I’ll do anything, just let me talk to him for a sec!”
“Anything?” she repeated. The redhead nodded solemnly. “Really now?” She began to play with a lock of her long hair. “Hmm… perhaps having one of you digidestined working for us might do wonders for morale around here. Some of the digimon have been restless lately.”
Daisuke’s skin broke into goosebumps at the womon’s cruel smirk. His head was screaming for him to run like mad and not to look back, but his need to apologize to the indigo haired tyrant overrode the innate fear Arukenimon seemed to bring out. “T-Thanks,” he said bowing.
“Y-You sure about this Aru-chan?” Mummymon asked not liking the way she was licking her lips and twirling her finger through her hair. “I’m sure we can find some other way to make the sla- er servants to obey.”
“Follow me,” Arukenimon said coldly, ignoring the blue clad digimon and pushing him outside the fortress. “And don’t you dare mess up the order like you did last time!” she warned him before closing the door in the undead ‘mon’s face.
The auburn haired boy followed her deeper into the fortress and was led to a room where an enormous pile of multicolored computer chips lay in the center. He stared at it confused.
“If you can sort that mess out into neat little piles in three hours, I might let you talk to your precious Ken,” Arukenimon commanded. Daisuke looked at the pile again. It was almost up to his knees. “If not, then you’ll never see him again.” With that the spider digimon slammed the door shut behind her.
Poor Daisuke slumped to the floor. “There’s no way I can sort them all out in three hours, but I just can’t give up.” He picked up a blue colored chip and looked at it shortly before placing it aside.
Half an hour later, the door opened and Mummymon entered the room followed by a green caterpillar digimon, Veemon, and a couple Gazimon. “We’ve come to help,” the caterpillar explained.
The redhead ran to his partner. “Hey buddy! How’ve you been?” He knew the Kaizer probably still had control of him, but he could care less at the moment. It had been too long since he’d seen the little blue dramon.
“I’m fine, ‘Suke,” he said. “Where’d ya go? The Kaizer’s been real moody since you disappeared.”
“I know. Sorry buddy, I’ll talk to Ken and then maybe it’ll be all right,” Daisuke said returning to sorting the chips.
“Yeah! Then we can be together again!” the blue digimon said happily as he joined his partner.
“Why are you helping me?” Daisuke asked the blue clad digimon. “Aren’t we supposed to be enemies or something like that?”
Mummymon looked at the boy sadly. “What Arukenimon’s doing isn’t fair.” The undead digimon then picked up a red chip and placed it into its proper pile.
“Thanks,” the boy replied, relieved he might have the task done on time.
“Ken needs you,” the small green digimon said, “While you were with him, he was happier than he’s been in a long time. Now all he does is mope and yell at anyone who dares to go near him.”
Daisuke nodded. “That’s why I went looking for this place. I hurt him and I wanna apologize.” A tear slipped from the digidestined’s eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arukenimon glared at the boy furiously. “Hmph. I don’t know how you did it kid, but I’m impressed. You really must be lucky,” she said glancing accusingly at her blue clad partner. Mummymon quickly looked away and whistled nervously.
“Can I see, Ken now?” Daisuke asked, anxious to apologize to his indigo haired lover and to be rid of the red clad womon.
“He’s taking a nap,” Arukenimon replied curtly.
“You said if I did what you told me, I’d get to see Ken!” the boy complained.
“Well you can’t now, brat!” she snapped back. “I want you to go to the river nearby. There’s a Leomon who likes to wonder around there. Go and get me some of his fur. I need a new scarf,” she ordered.
“But Aru-chan! I already made you a scarf,” Mummymon whined.
“Exactly,” she said to him.
“But…” the auburn haired boy protested.
“You did say you’d do anything,” the spider womon reminded him once again playing with a lock of hair, “Or did you change your mind?”
“I’ll do it,” the boy said sighing and let himself be led back to the fortress entrance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The redheaded boy lay on the grass, looking at his reflection. A very tired Daisuke stared grimly back. “I could just forget the whole thing ever happened,” he said, “It’s not like Ken’s gonna be happy to see me. I’m the one who didn’t trust him.” He trailed a hand along the water’s surface, causing the reflection to ripple and become distorted.
“You really shouldn’t be so close to the water, the current’s very strong here,” said a deep, rumbling voice behind him.
Daisuke started and nearly lost his footing before a large clawed hand grabbed his shirt and pulled him to safety. “Um… thanks,” he said, forcing his heart to calm down. A huge two legged lion digimon stood before him.
“What are you doing here anyway?” the Leomon asked reproachingly. “The digital world isn’t safe for children to be alone.”
“Um… canIhavesomeofyourfur?” the boy blurted, feeling slightly uneasy in the lion digimon’s presence.
“What was that? I can’t understand a word you said,” Leomon asked, wondering if the human was touched in the head.
“C-Can I have some of y-your fur, please Mr. Leomon sir?” Daisuke stammered.
The taller digimon blinked, surprised at the boy’s strange request. “Why?” he asked.
“Um… a-a friend needs it for a scarf she’s making.”
“Tell her to use something else. I’m not a sheep.” Leomon turned to leave.
“Please! I-I really need it! I-If I don’t get it, she won’t let me speak to Ken!” Daisuke then proceeded to glomp onto the lion digimon’s leg, inhibiting his ability to walk.
Leomon pried the boy off with one strong paw and looked at him, tears spilling down his tan cheeks. He sighed, unable to deal with a crying child. “All right you can have some of my fur, just leave me alone,” he said placing Daisuke back on the ground. “I really hate kids,” he muttered as the boy began to bow and thank him profusely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Took long enough,” Arukenimon said to the boy carrying an armful of golden fur.
“Now can I see Ken?” Daisuke asked.
“He’s eating dinner,” the womon said coldly. “Now go to Piedmon’s castle on Spiral Mountain and bring back some of the wine there. We’re almost out and it’s the Kaizer’s favorite,” she lied. Actually Ken could care less about where the wine came from as long as it was sweet and expensive. “And you don’t want to make Ken dear any more unhappy than he already is do you?” she asked, smiling cruelly and playing with another lock of her hair.
Daisuke sighed, dumped the fur onto the floor then started out the entrance. “Hold on a sec, kid,” Mummymon said gently pulling him back in. “Do you even know where Spiral Mountain is?” The boy shook his head sheepishly. “Though so. You’d better follow me.”
The blue clad digimon then took the boy to where Ken kept his fleet of Airdramon. “Just try not to let her get to you, kid,” he said patting his back reassuringly. “She’s only trying to get rid of you so you wouldn’t be in the way here.”
“I know, but I’ve gotta see Ken,” Daisuke replied, nervously clambering onto one of the flying digimon.
Mummymon nodded, understanding perfectly how the boy felt. “He’ll be in danger for sure this time,” he said as the Airdramon disappeared into the sky. “It’s time I’ve told Ken just what she’s been up to.”
And he did. The undead digimon went straight to the Kaizer’s room and refused to leave until the indigo haired tyrant would listen to him, which took quite a lot, but Mummymon just couldn’t let another set of lovers suffer as he was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The indigo haired boy was furious. If Mummymon hadn’t come and told him that a certain auburn haired digidestined had been trying to see him all day, he never would have known just how much Daisuke had cared for him.
True, he wasn’t exactly nice to him the last time they were together, but the redhead had hurt him just as much as he had. He truly did love the Keeper of Courage and Friendship, but having Daisuke find out the truth had scared him. It frightened him more than anything once he knew he’d lost the one person he loved since his brother’s death.
Now that he knew that the boy still loved him, he had to find him, talk to him and make him see that what he did, he did out of love. He quickly rushed to his Airdramon bay, but not before slapping a control chip onto the spider womon as punishment for trying to get rid of his beloved. “Take me to Spiral Mountain and be quick about it!” he ordered the flying dragon and held onto one of its horns as it took off after Daisuke’s Airdramon.

It wasn’t too long before he spotted the other Airdramon, Daisuke clinging for dear live onto its horns. “Daisuke! Wait!” he called, praying that the other boy could hear him.
“Ken?!” the redhead shouted in surprise, both at the Kaizer’s sudden appearance and that he was able to hear him over the rushing of the wind.
The indigo haired tyrant smiled shyly then asked that they land so they could talk without having to shout and strain their ears. Daisuke nodded in agreement and commanded the flying digimon to land in a meadow below them. Ken quickly followed, eager and anxious to speak with him.
“Mummymon told me you showed up begging to see me,” Ken said looking anywhere but at the auburn haired digidestined.
“Yeah,” he replied, shuffling his feet nervously. “I-I wanna apologize. Y-You were right to walk out on me like that. I should have realized it was you all along.”
“I’m sorry too, Dai-chan. I should have told you the truth. I’ve been thinking a lot since then,” the Kaizer said, feeling not much braver himself. “I only did it because I knew you wouldn’t let me love you if you knew who I was.”
“Don’t be silly, Ken. I’d probably still’ve fallen in love with you if I had known.”
“Would you really?” the indigo haired boy asked, stunned.
“Yeah. I’m here talking to you aren’t I?” he said, grinning nervously, “I miss you, ‘Kai-chan.’”
“You do?” The Kaizer looked at the digidestined for the first time since that horrible night. There was love shining in his eyes, love he needed.
“Yeah. I keep waking up at night, thinking you’re there, but you’re not. Then I’d start to feel so empty.
“I-I miss you too, my Daisuke,” Ken said, blushing slightly, “No matter how many blankets I pile on, I’m always cold without you beside me.”
“So what happens now?” Daisuke asked, fidgeting with a blade of glade in his hands. “I can’t stay, it’d be like betraying the others. No matter how much I want to, I just can’t.”
“I’m not about to quit, either,” the Kaizer said caressing a tan cheek. “I still intend to conquer the digital world.”
“I know. That’s what makes this so damn hard. I wish I hadn’t let the guys into the castle that day.”
“It’s not your fault, koi. You would have found out sooner or later anyway.” Ken drew the redhead into an embrace.
“So I guess we have to forget this ever happened,” Daisuke said leaning into the embrace and nuzzling the Kaizer’s neck.
“I’m afraid so,” Ken said, stroking his lover’s unruly hair. “Not unless you suddenly realize it’s impossible to defeat me.”
“Not gonna happen,” Daisuke said chuckling. “You know I’m not a quitter, Ken.”
The indigo haired boy nodded. “Forgive me, Dai-chan, but you give me no other choice,” the Kaizer said sadly. “I really didn’t want it to be like this.”
Daisuke felt something cool and metallic press against the skin behind his ear and his world went black for several moments. The indigo haired tyrant held him tight as he felt him slump forward. Ken waited patiently for the chip to activate and continued stroke his love’s hair. “I’m sorry, Daisuke.”
Slowly the boy within the Kaizer’s arms came to and blinked confusedly around him. “Master? W-What are we doing way out here?” he asked.
“How are you feeling, pet?” the indigo haired boy asked, pleased and sad that the chip could work on humans as well.
“Dizzy,” Daisuke replied rubbing his temples.
The Kaizer gently grabbed the boy’s hands, lest he disturb the chip and free himself. “Poor baby. Those nasty digidestined will pay for attacking my precious Dai-chan.” He then kissed the redhead gently on the lips. “Come, pet, we need to check you out for…” he grinned mischievously, “hidden injuries.”
“But, master what about the digidestined?” Daisuke asked looking around and seeing no sign of the other children.
“Not to worry, my dearest. There’ll be plenty of time to destroy them later. What matters now, is that you get some rest. It’s been a long day.” Ken then leapt onto one of the Airdramon. “Come,” he said holding out a hand to the redhead. Daisuke looked toward the other Airdramon. “It’ll follow, now let’s go home, pet.”
“Yes, master,” he said allowing the indigo haired tyrant to pull him onto the flying dramon.
Once they were in the air and on their way, Daisuke leaned back against the slightly taller boy. Ken smiled lovingly down at him. “I love you, master,” the enslaved digidestined said, tilting his head back giving the other boy access to his lips.
“I love you too, my little sweet,” the Kaizer said, wrapping an arm around Daisuke’s waist before kissing him again.
‘Mine forever,’ he thought triumphantly with a tiny hit of sadness that he had to use force in order to win. “I’ll never let you go,” he said pausing the kiss only to allow his lover to breathe. They continued through the sky, content in each other’s company.

~Owari~

KaizerKen: Good girl. I didn’t have to tell you how to end it this time.

Sakura: Arigatou Kaizer-sama. I just adore seeing you two together – you’re so kawaii!

Daisuke: (blushes) Um… thanks Sakura-san, but did you have to do that to me? Couldn’t you find another way to end this?

Sakura: Not really. I tried, but it just wouldn’t work out right. So that’s the ending you get and it’s staying that way.

KKen: Besides, she prefers me this way don’t you Sakura, dear?

Sakura: Actually I like both of you Ken-chan.

Miyako: Nya-nya! 8P

KKen: Excuse me for a moment. (cracks whip at Miyako)

Miyako: Kyaa!!!! Gomen Kaizer-sama! Gomen!”

Sakura: Save some for Impy and me Kaizer-sama!

Kari: Yare, yare.

Impmon: Ya gonna review this schlock or what? Don’t make me come over there and bada-boom your stupid human butt!

Sakura: Impmon! Be nice or no more digivolving for fun! Yeesh!