Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Davis and Kari in: Jack Frost. ❯ Got a lot to do. ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
 
The next day, everyone was so psyched about who's script was going to be the play they had done.
 
The teacher was looking not only for a story about Christmas in the least, but also a story in general. A story that had some of the major things. Passion, romance, suspense.
 
A lot of people entered many different scripts.
 
-The Little drummer boy.
 
-Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer.
 
-Frosty the Snowman.
 
-Santa Claus is coming to town. That was TK and Kari's idea.
 
And a whole lot of others, and finally the big moment.
 
The teacher came in and set down his papers. “Well, class… you all did very well on your scripts.” He said. “You all get extra credit.”
 
“But as for which script goes on stage. Well… I really enjoyed reading these. In a way, you are all winners, but to be in a more accurate way…”
 
“Davis… is the winner.”
 
The whole class erupted into small gasps and comments like. “Davis… why him?” Davis was just as surprised too. “Mine sir?” he asked.
 
The teacher nodded. “I've never heard of any story like this one.” He replied. “Heart warming, magical, sad… I'll never think the same way again.”
 
Davis almost felt embarrassed.
 
“Now class… Davis' script will be the play we shall do. And that play is…” he wrote on the blackboard the name of the play.
 
“Jack Frost.
 
 
“Jack Frost?” said Sora, as she viewed the cast list at the end of the day. “Sounds interesting. Who's staring in it.”
 
Davis handed her the list. “Well, me, Kari, and TK for sure.” He said. “And I'm going around and asking people who like to try out.”
 
He handed her a list of all the different roles there were, so far only the roles of who Davis Kari and TK were playing were filled out.
 
Jack Frost: Davis
 
Elisa: Kari.
 
Sir. RavanoRightfellow: TK
 
Davis also planed to have auditions, if anybody wanted a role in the play, they could have it. “One thing is for sure, I'm going to need one of the preschool-classes to sign up.”
 
“Preschoolers?” asked Kari. “Why?”
 
Davis looked at her strangely. “I just need them, that's all.” He said calmly. “I got to go, I got tons to do.”
 
Davis was obviously still a little upset, almost as if he wasn't looking forward to this play, even though he was starring in it as the main attraction.
 
Kari watched Davis until he was out of sight. “Kari, Kari?” called Yolei. “Earth to Kari. We have work to do.” She said.
 
Kari came to her senses. “Oh, yeah, yeah. Sorry.” She said.
 
TK and Tai exchanged looks of dismay. Obviously she hadn't even considered any thought of even talking to Davis about how she really felt.
 
 
By next week, Davis had his scripts and story plot for his play ready, and he made a list of all the different sceneries and special effects would be required. So far, everything was going fine.
 
A preschool classes had also signed up for some roles as well.
 
Some kids would be playing as robotic-knights, referred to in the script as K-nights. Some would be performing as Snow gypsies. Some would even pretended to be some of the other villages who were just supposed to walk about on stage.
 
And a set of third graders were given some other roles. One of which included the Narrator of the story, who would sit on the sidelines and tell the story over.
 
As for costumes. Well the preschoolers and the two third graders were already having their costumes made by their mothers, and the chest already provided most of the costumes the main actors would need.
 
Sora's work was already beginning to get easier. She did however need to make a few special ones that the chest did not provide, and that Davis would have to design.
 
Now the sceneries were mostly just large tapestry paintings the stage workers could just lift to swap with when changing sceneries.
 
Most of the props were taken care of too. Large paper-snowflakes. Scenery statures. Izzy even brought in some heavy-duty fog machines to help with special effect and scenes.
 
So far, no one else had signed up for any other major roles in the play, and that made the rest of the group wonder…
 
“Hey, maybe some of us can star in the play.” Tai suggested. “We don't always have to be behind and off stage, and most of the jobs only require one person anyways.”
 
Everyone began agree. Some of them, namely Yolei, had always wanted to be on stage. So some of them began to sign up.
 
By the end of the next week, the play was scheduled for three days before Christmas break, which was only two more weeks away, and everything was nearly done.
 
Yolei, Ken, Tai, and even Cody agreed to be in the play. Joe even came over to help take Tai's place backstage.
 
All that remained wad the final two costumes for Sora to make, and for everyone to memorize their lines.
 
Davis handed Sora the Jack Frost outfit he needed. Davis was portraying an elf, so he'd have pointy ears, and wearing a sparkling blue-silver elf's outfit with add-ons.
 
(To make it easier. Davis will wear what the Rakin Bass Jack Frost wore, but with a sparkling cape and tulle-scarves waving from the sleeves.)
 
However, he was almost too embarrassed to give the last one to her. It was a very special one for Kari that was desperately needed for the end of the story.
 
Kari needed… A wedding dress.
 
Nobody was actually shocked or upset in any way that Kari needed one. They read the script, and they knew what it was for.
 
They really didn't know why Davis wrote the script they way it was happening, and suggested that he change it.. but he'd refused and kept it the way it was.
 
 
Kari so desperately wanted to find out why Davis had wrote the script so what happened, happened. In fact, she wondered where he had gotten the idea for the whole plot.
 
The plot of the story was…
 
Jack Frost was portrayed as a handsome elf-sprite well known, but could not be seen or heard at all. He can never be a simple, man, but falls in love with a beautiful woman and wishes to become human and win her heart.
 
Kari had to know why the end of the script seemed the way it was. “Why would Davis do this to himself?” she wondered.