Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Davis and Kari in: Jack Frost Returns ❯ A new story ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
Christmas was just around the corner, and school was almost out for the holidays.
 
Davis and Kari, who had been dating for a whole year, were walking into towards the school on their last day before the holidays, arm in arm, with Kari resting her head on Davis' shoulder.
 
They passed by a picture in the halls on their way to their lockers. It was a picture of the Christmas Play their Dramatic-Arts class had performed last yet. “Jack Frost”
 
The story about the handsome elf-sprite, played by Davis, well known, but never seen, who falls in love with a beautiful girl named Elisa, played by Kari. Even though the play didn't have quite a very happy ending for Davis' character, at least he and Kari got together so it sort of evened things out.
 
“Man… seems like only yesterday when we did that.” Davis said as he admired the picture of the cast. Himself, Kari, TK, Yolei, Ken, Cody, Tai, and all the other third graders from other schools who played along side them.
 
“You really made something special Davis.” his girlfriend said. “I was never so impressed before.”
 
“Then you've always been impressed with me.” Davis joked. Kari nudged him playfully in the arm, but then they shared a quick kiss before the bell rang. It didn't matter anyways if they were late or not. It was the last day before Christmas holidays and some of the students didn't bother to even come to school.
 
All the classes were basically having parties with snacks, cakes, movies; games… even secret-Santa. Kari and Davis waved to TK as they passed by, and noticed he was holding a wrapped gift. “Who's that for…?” Davis had to ask.
 
“Oh… you know… just a… a girl… in my class.” TK said nervously.
 
“Ooh…!” Kari and Davis said at the same time. TK's cheeks turned bright red, and admitted that he actually had scored a date with Mina Anio, the captain of the high-school cheerleaders and by far the prettiest girl in school.
 
“She kind of liked the way I player Sir. Ravano Right-fellow in last year's play.” Replied TK. “And I wanted to get her this little thing, and ask if she wants to go to the next level.”
 
“Good luck with that…” Davis wished him.
 
TK winked, “Thanks…” and he went off.
 
Kari and Davis then walked to their class Christmas parties, where they met up with Yolei and Ken… but Cody still wasn't in High-School yet so he couldn't be there that day.
 
Still… everyone exchanged their secret-Santa gifts, and would you believe it, the boom-box in the class was playing one of the songs from Davis' play last year. One that fitted the gift-exchanging mood perfectly.
 
(Music cue)
 
Kari handed her gift to Davis…
 
(Davis)
 
You shouldn't have you didn't.
Oh my! Oh my!
I really don't deserve it,
I think I'll cry.
It's just what I always wanted, it's perfectly right.
It's just what I always wanted, a Christmas delight.
 
(Everyone else)
 
It's just what he always wanted, it's perfectly right.
It's just what he always wanted, a Christmas delight
 
Davis then gave his gift to Kari…
 
(Kari)
 
I hoped you wouldn't bother.
Oh my! Oh my!
I'll use it every morning,
I think I'll cry.
It's just what I always wanted, it's perfectly right.
It's just what I always wanted, a Christmas delight
 
(Everyone else)
 
It's just what she always wanted, it's perfectly right.
It's just what she always wanted, a Christmas delight
 
Ken gave his gift to Yolei…
 
(Yolei)
 
It's absolutely charming.
Oh my! Oh my!
The color really suits me,
I think I'll cry.
It's just what I always wanted, it's perfectly right.
It's just what I always wanted, a Christmas delight
 
(Everyone else)
 
It's just what she always wanted, it's perfectly right.
It's just what she always wanted, a Christmas delight
 
Then finally, Ken got his gift from Yolei…
 
(Yolei)
 
It's simply so expensive.
Oh my! Oh my!
I'll treasure it forever,
I think I'll cry.
It's just what I always wanted, it's perfectly right.
It's just what I always wanted, a Christmas delight
 
(EVERYONE)
 
It's just what we always wanted, it's perfectly right.
It's just what we always wanted, a Christmas delight.
 
It's just what we always wanted… a Christmas… Delight…!
 
Davis gift was a new soccer-ball, and soccer sneakers with his name on them. Yolei got a new bandana, and Ken got a new shirt with the words “Yolei's boyfriend” stitched on it. The others sniggered slightly, but Ken was thrilled to have it.
 
Kari's gift however. “What's this? It looks like a book.”
 
Davis nodded, “Not just any book. Take a look at the title…”
 
Kari looked, and the Title was, “Jack Frost Returns” Kari's eyes lit up at once. “You mean… you…?”
 
Davis nodded, indicating he had been hard at work writing up a sequel to his Jack Frost play. Everyone decided to make plans to read the book after school when they could all get together with Cody, TK, and the rest of the gang so everyone could hear the story.
 
They remembered how the play ended last year… how Jack lost the only woman he ever loved to another, and was left feeling lonely and upset. Despite accepting his place in the world that nature had provided for him… they all still didn't think it was fair.
 
Davis didn't think it was fair either, even though he wrote it that way, so he had spent long hours coming up with more plotting, some new songs to go with the ones from the first play, and a whole new adventure in the story he dubbed…
 
“Jack Frost Returns”
 
 
Davis as Jack…
 
Kari as Elisa…
 
TK as Sir. Ravano
 
Yolei and Ken as Mama, and Papa.
 
Tai as Kubla Kraus, and the voice of Dommy.
 
And Cody as Father Winter.
 
All the cast mates had their own copies of the book Davis had made, and Davis brought his boom-box that had the music that would be needed for the song bits.
 
 
The story begins one groundhog-day when “Pardon-me” Pete, the worlds' most renowned Groundhog was making his annual appearance to see how long it would be until spring. If he were see his shadow, and leapt back into his hole; six more weeks of winter. If nothing happened… Spring would come early.
 
Yet once again, it was cloudy that day, and Pete saw his shadow and to the crowds surprise… there was another shadow alongside the first one.
 
“What? Two shadows…?” said a man. “How could he have cast two shadows when there's no sunlight today?”
 
Nobody knew why either, but they all suddenly began to feel something nipping at their noses, and the snow was starting to fall as two invisible sprites flew by… one of course was Jack Frost, but the other one…?
 
Who was that…?
 
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.
Jack Frost nipping at your nose.
 
Meanwhile
 
“Heh-heh-heh… they still haven't caught on.” Pete joked to himself as he climbed into bed. “Maybe you already know this, but that's Jack Frost's shadow, not mine. Its a little deal that we have that lets me sleep for a while longer… but I guess I already told you that before.”
 
He continued onto explaining about how everyone already knew Jack Frost, and how he became human once. “Pardon me? The other shadow…?”
 
“Oh… well you might find this surprising… but there's someone else working alongside with Jack Frost. Someone really special, and it really is an interesting story… of how when Jack came back for a time.”
 
(Music cue)
 
(Pete)
 
Now the winter, may come and go.
Then there's Spring, Summer, and Fall.
There is no snow, and not much ice.
And not much fun for all.
 
You wait for months at one time,
And soon the winter's back
And there's snowmen, sleds, and snowy-cakes.
That all make a tasty snack.
 
You know whom to thank
He's there when you need him most
The simple, magical person.
Whom we call the winters host.
 
He may just go away,
Off to play another day,
But when you feel the winter turn,
Then you know Jack Frost has Returned.
 
But when the winter it must go
(Jack Frost)
Just keep in mind to know.
(Jack Frost)
There's nothing big to fear.
For Jack Frost will return here.
 
(Listen)
(Oh, Listen)
He will come and go,
As the winter months they flow.
(Jack Frost)
(Jack Frost)
 
Jack Frost happily flew all over, blowing icy-winds, making snowflakes, and nipping peoples noses as he came and went as he pleased.
 
When the winter it must go
(Jack Frost)
Just keep in mind to know.
(Jack Frost)
There's nothing big to fear.
For Jack Frost will return
Yes… he'll soon return…
Yes Jack Frost… he'll return…here.