Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Davis and Kari in: Jack Frost Returns ❯ Jack and Elisa Frost. ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
Pete was dabbing his eyes with a hankie and blew his nose. “Oh, Pardon me… It's just that was really emotional.”
 
“But… the good news is… things got much better after that. For when Jack Frost had gotten home…”
 
 
The sun was starting to set on Christmas Even, and Jack was sitting at the edge of the clouds mourning over his biggest and most painful loss. For the first time ever… he actually felt cold deep inside.
 
Snip came along and said, “Oh Jack… Jack Frost?”
 
Jack didn't even turn to look at him. “Please Snip… I don't want to see anybody right now.”
 
“But you must…” replied Snip “We all have a big surprise for you…”
 
Jack's elf-ears gave a slight twitch. He wondered what this surprise was, and when he was called before Father Winter. He was stone cold, not literally, and almost at a loss for words. “I… don't believe it.” he cried. “I just don't believe it.”
 
There she was, standing before Father Winter. Her skin and hair were now slivery and shiny. Her ears were pointed. She wore a sparking shiny gown with tulle scarves on her arms, and on her head was a shining tiara made from icicles with a bell on the center. “Hello Jack…” she said to him.
 
“Elisa…? But… but how did you?” Jack stuttered, and then he gaze dup at Father Winter who was smiling warmly at him. “Think of this as your Christmas present Jack.” he said.
 
Elisa then explained that she knew how much she needed him in her life now, and that she understood that he needed her. She was a Sprite now, and would remain so forever. “Bless you Father Winter for giving me this wonderful gift.” she said kindly.
 
“You're quite welcome my dear.” Father Winter complied.
 
Jack never felt so happy in his immortal-life, “But what about Sir Ravano, and your family?”
 
Elisa giggled and said that they understood, “And would you believe a sprite for a daughter?” was what Papa said.
 
Jack and Elisa hugged deeply, and the sprite all awed tenderly. Jack had found his home, horse and bag of gold before… and now… he was finally going to gain that one last thing. Elisa was going to be his wife!
 
 
It was a lovely wedding, Elisa looked so beautiful with that veiling hanging onto her tiara, and what's more Father Winter allowed the ceremony to be held on Earth, and granted all the folks of January-Junction the power to see the sprites.
 
Jack and Elisa stood before the lord, and the site of nature in he woods just outside the town. As it was Christmas Eve, all the villagers exchanged their presents to one another under a grove of pine trees, which served as a cathedral… and then Jack and Elisa lay their wedding gifts to each other under the trees.
 
No church ever looked nicer…
 
Kubla also had a gift to share with everyone. “Oh please…” he begged softly. “May a present you with just a little something…” and with his words, the mountains lit up with its fiery pits all around it… creating a beautiful picture.
 
It really was a beautiful sight as everyone awed in passion.
 
(Music cue)
 
(Mykan's voice)
 
What better way to tell you
how much you mean to me
than a token of affection
Placed beneath a Christmas tree.
 
Elisa and Jack said their vows to one another, and shared a soft kiss in front of everyone…
 
(Spoken-)
“The custom started long, long ago
when first the Wise Men three”
(Sung-)
 
Gave gifts of love, of lo-o-ove
to a newborn ba-a-by.
 
Everyone continued to gaze up into the sky as it started to snow, with a little magic from Father Winter.
 
 
It wasn't long that after the ceremonies, it was time for all the sprites to head back to the Kingdom of the winter clouds. Even though it was Christmas, it was still the winter season, and the sprites all needed to do their jobs.
 
Father Winter and everyone else had gone on ahead, but Jack and Elisa were taking the time to say their final goodbyes to everyone, particularly Elisa's folks and Sir Ravano. “Good luck my little Elisa…” Mama said. “Keep winter white all through the years.
 
Papa and Sir Ravano shook Jack's hand. “Please look out for my daughter, kid.” Papa said.
 
“Don't worry sir…” Jack said. “I'll never let anything happen to Elisa. Farewell…”
 
(Music cue)
 
Jack and Elisa flew off into the sky with all the villagers, Kubla, and the Cossacks waving goodbye to them as they vanished into thin air, and as the floated closer to the clouds, they could see all the other sprites waving at them.
 
“Hurry along, now…” Snip called to them. “It just isn't winter without you two.”
 
-If you try to turn around.
When you hear their icy sound,
They're sure to disappear,
But you know…
Yes you know…
Then you Jack and Elisa Frost are here…!
 
All the sprites and Father Winter waved goodbye…
 
Pete waved goodbye to them as well, and that explained where the second Shadow came from. It was Elisa's shadow the whole time. Now she and Jack were two of a kind, completely inseparable… and they had been that way ever since.
 
“And that's the story of Jack Frost Returns.” Pete said, and then he let out a huge yawn. “Well… I got to catch six more weeks of snoozing time. Lots to do in the spring.” He tossed his hat up on the rack before tuning out the light. “Pardon me…!”
 
 
Everyone was amazed and impressed by the story, “And I thought I wanted to be a novelist someday…” said TK.
 
“You should get this published Davis…” Sora suggested. “Davis…?” but he was nowhere to be found, and neither was Kari. “Where'd they go?”
 
Mimi pointed at the window where they stood side-by-side watching the snowfall outside. Tai motioned for everyone to give them some alone time together, and so they all walked out of the room.
 
Davis and Kari had overheard what Sora had suggested, but Davis had no intention of publishing it. “I wrote that story for you Kari. Only special people like you and the others should read it.”
 
Kari thought that was sweet, “But Davis… you could make a lot of money off publishing It.” she suggested, but Davis shook his head, and he looked deep into his girlfriend's eyes. “Kari… believe me…” he said to her. “I don't think it matters how much money I'll ever make… you're just one of those things that money can't buy.”
 
Kari blushed, and her eyes twinkled. Then shared a passionate kiss by the snowy window. Holding each other close, and not wanting to let go…
 
 
And that… I think is our time to leave.
 
Merry Christmas to you all… and a Happy new year.
 
(Mykan flies away)