Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Davis and Kari in: Jack Frost Returns ❯ A new world begins ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
Pete had nearly fallen asleep, but quickly shook himself awake. “Oh, uh, Pardon-me! I really should finish the story...” he said. “Now uh, where was I… ooh, Jack Frost's final scene.”
 
“Not really of course, for you see… even though he was scared, Jack Frost knew that he had to brave if he was to defeat Kubla, and save Elisa for good.”
 
 
Kubla was still laughing wickedly at the defenseless Jack who was still backed against the snow wall at the mercy of being burned by Clang-Stumper's fiery breath. “Ho, ho, ho, ah, ah, ah…! Any last words Jack Frost?” the King of the Cossacks sneered at him.
 
Jack quivered in fear as it looked as though this was going to be the end of him, even transforming into his sprite-stat would do no good, but… one look into Elisa's worried and near tearful eyes all his fear suddenly vanished and he stood upright.
 
“What's this…?” Kubla said in disbelief. “You are not begging for mercy?”
 
“No I'm not…!” Jack said strongly. “Somebody has to stand up to you, Kubla Kraus. You and all your mean ways have got to be stopped!”
 
Kubla was enraged by this and tried to scare Jack by making Clang-Stumper breathe more fire, but Jack stood bravely on his feet, and soon Snip, and Holly arrived on the scene with Sir Ravano who was still feeling slightly weakened from the icy-river, but amazed by Jack's bravery.
 
Jack continued to badger Kubla about how people feared of him for all those years, when all along they should have stood up to him. “You can only think about yourself, and your own greedy reasons, when you really should be trying to help people with your power and treasures.”
 
The rest of the Cossacks and the villagers approached, all were inspired by Jack's speech, but no one was as intimidated as Elisa. “Jack…?”
 
Jack continued forcing Kubla to realize it was no wonder nobody liked him. It was no wonder the Cossacks had left him the first time, and why he had to make so many things out of iron for company.
 
Kubla's anger was beginning to turn into shame, as if he had realized for the first time just how wrong his evil ways really were. “You are… you are right.” he said almost sounding as if he was going to cry.
 
For years he had treated the villagers very badly. Taking their money for taxes, stealing all their goods and supplies. Worse, his greed even forced all his Cossacks to abandon him the first time.
 
“I can't believe it…” he said now sobbing. “All the years of joy I have lost, why… because of my selfish ways.” he sat there in the snow on his knees, sobbing ever so softly.
 
Everyone actually felt sorry for Kubla, and despite wanting to run him out of town for all the nasty things he had done, Papa and Mama comforted him and telling him that it wasn't too late. He could change his ways, and help make the world a better place.
 
“You… you would do that… for me?”
 
“Why not…?” Papa said. “We only want to help you. Don't we everyone?” Everyone cheered for joy, Even Elisa and the sprites cheered. Kubla, feeling touched for the first time in so many years stood up proudly. “Cossacks… come along; we have a town to rebuild, and a party to throw at the castle.”
 
More cheers erupted, and soon, everyone that fine Christmas Eve day was busy rebuilding January-Junction. The Cossacks did most of the work as they felt back for how they treated the villagers.
 
That night in Kubla's castle, there was a big party, and all were invited including the sprites. There was even a big toasting to Jack Frost for saving everyone, and help ending the fighting.
 
However... Snip had arrived with bad news from Father Winter, and Elisa wondered what it could have been as well.
 
Snip explained that Father Winter had reported, that Jack used up a lot of magic changing back and froth between forms so many times, and the magic was wearing off. “Wait…” cried Elisa. “What does that mean?”
 
Snip told Elisa. “Well, my dear… it means that soon Jack will turn back into a sprite, and he won't ever be able to come back as a human ever again.”
 
Elisa gasped. “What…?”
 
There was even worse news to follow, as Snip explained that the magic around Elisa's eyes would also soon fade out. She would no longer be able to hear or see Jack Frost in his sprite stat again, and Jack would once again be lonely with no one to even talk to anymore.
 
Sir Ravano, who had overheard the conversation. “That's not fair!” he grumbled. “No one deserves to be alone, especially not the hero who saved us all, even myself.”
 
Soon everyone has gathered round lamenting over the situation, and Jack decided… “It's time for me to go.” he said to Elisa.
 
“But Jack…” cried Elisa as she tried to hold back her tears. “What about your happiness? You're dream? You said… you loved me.”
 
Jack nodded his head as a tear leaked from his eye. “I do love you Elisa… and I always will.” he said, but then he gazed at Sir Ravano. “But, you seemed so much happier with you knight in golden armor, and he can be there for you when I can't be.”
 
“But Mr. Frost…” Sir Ravano said. “You will be all alone again, and we won't see each other anymore.”
 
Jack waved his hand, “I… I suppose I can accept being One of kind.” he said, “But no matter who I am… or what I may be over the centuries… Who am I to stand in the way of true love and happiness?”
 
By now, everyone had tears to shed for poor Jack. Especially when he walked over and kissed Elisa's cheek tenderly. Her tears were now cascading down her face. Jack was giving up all that he ever hoped to have just to save everyone and let things be.
 
Then he vanished along with Snip, and Holly, and they flew back towards the winter clouds, and even Elisa couldn't see them anymore. It just wasn't fair…
 
Jack Frost… the magician of winter, and hero to many. He saved Elisa's life, and everyone else, and he restored peace to the world. Yet, he was still lonely and upset with no reward.
 
Elisa needed a moment to think to herself alone.
 
Jack Frost… was in love with her, and yet he had done so much for everyone, and when Sir Ravano and her parents confronted her. “Daughter…” Papa said. “We only want for you to be happy, and what you feel is right.”
 
Mama nodded, “You must choose your own path Elisa. No matter how any of us may feel. The choice is up to you.”
 
Even her husband, Sir Ravano agreed. “No one deserves to be alone and ignored. Not even Jack Frost.”
 
Elisa was thankful to them all for understanding, and when she walked down the river and gazed her reflection trying to make her decision. “Well my eyes are opened for the very first time.” She said to all the animals around her.
 
(Music cue)
 
“I know where I belong now… I belong with Jack. I need him, as much as he needs me. Today is not the end, it's only the beginning…”
 
(Elisa)
 
All the little cares picked along the way
Suddenly have disappeared with yesterday
Tossed about the fields and lost among the winds
My world is beginning today.
 
She began to see many images go by her eyes. Images of her and Jack as good friends when they had first met.
 
 
Oh, so many times have I walked this way
And never seen the little things I
've seen today
Never had my head so high above the clouds
My world is
beginning today.

I know something's gonna happen
But it's out of my hands
Things are gonna s
tart snappin'
Without any plan.
 
Then she began to see herself by Jack's side as, sprite herself. Flying with him round the world keeping winter at it's finest.
 
All the little cares picked along the way
Suddenly have
disappeared with yesterday
Tossed about the fields and lost among the winds
My world is beginning today
My world is beginning today!