Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Davis and Kari in: Jack Frost Returns ❯ Clubbing the Cossacks ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
Jack Frost crept to the top of the castle with Dommy in his hands, chuckling cheekily. “This is going to be great. Heh, heh… right Dommy…?”
 
Being able to imitate Kubla's voice for Dommy, he made the puppet say, “Anything you say Jack Frost.”
 
He climbed up to the tallest window, and stood near a large hollow-thing that acted as a megaphone. “All you Cossacks down there… Attention!”
 
All the Cossacks in the villages, thinking that Kubla was doing the talking for Dommy obey Jack Frost's words. “Now listen…! All of you report back to the castle immediately. FORWARD MARCH…!”
 
The Cossacks, though confused, obeyed their orders and left the town. Jack chuckled to himself. “It's working. It's really working. Ha, haaaa…”
 
As the Cossacks moved away from the village, Snip and Holly, along with the freed Sir Ravano and Elisa crept into town with Kubla's key, and freed all the people from their chains.
 
“Go Bless you people…” Mama cried.
 
“Yes… but what are we to do now?” asked Papa.
 
“I have an idea…” said Jack who had made it down with them… by changing to and from his sprite stat for a faster trip. “Now this is what we're going to do…” and everyone huddled in close to hear him out.
 
“You really think this will work kid?” Papa asked.
 
Jack nodded. “I know it will sir.” He said, and then he shouted out. “FATHER WINTER…!” and he disappeared before everyone's eyes. Everyone gasped in shock. “Hey! Where did that little tailor go?” Papa asked.
 
Only Elisa, Snip, and Holly could see him. Jack Frost winked at them, and flew back towards the castle while the flames were still down.
 
“Oh, Papa… did I see what I think I just saw?” cried Mama.
 
Papa nodded, “Daughter… what do you know about this?”
 
Elisa smiled. “I only know… that Jack Frost knows best.”
 
Everyone one else except for Sir Ravano was confused.
 
Meanwhile
 
Kubla was just awakening, and feeling himself all over to wake up his body entirely, that was when he noticed that the key around his neck was gone, and so was Dommy. “Hey! What is all this?” he muttered to himself. He was certain that Dommy was in bed with him and the key was around his neck.
 
He immediately called all the Cossacks to his throne room, and he was most confused. “I did not order you to leave the village.” he thundered, and while he was shouting he heard a familiar voice say “You right as always Kubla
 
Kubla recognized that voice at once. “Dommy…?” his little puppet friends was sitting behind the throne where Jack couldn't bee seen. Kubla also wondered how it was possible that Dommy was talking with the exact same voice as he could make. “All right… what is going on here?” Kubla asked, “And where is my prisoner, and my bride-to-be?”
 
Dommy explained, “Head down to the village… they are all set their waiting for you.”
 
Not sure whether or not to believe, Kubla and his men obeyed and headed down to the village. Jack Frost sniggered softly, and then he changed into his sprite stat, and made it down to the village where everyone was all tied up again. Jack whispered to Elisa for the others to get ready…
 
Once the Cossacks had made it to the town they were surprised to see Elisa and Sir Ravano out of the dungeon. All the towns' people stood proud tall, with their hands behind their backs.
 
“All right slaves…!” Kubla bellowed. “What is going on here?”
 
Dommy popped up from behind a wall of rocks. “What is happening indeed Kubla.” He said to him and then Jack, in human stat, leapt out for over the rocks. “Let's get them!”
 
At his words, the villagers, who ere never actually tied up properly in the first place broke free from their ropes and chains, and revealed they were holding their tools behind their backs and now used them as weapons to charge at the Cossacks.
 
“No! It is a trap!” cried Kubla.
 
All over the town the villagers and the Cossacks attacked one another, and the Cossacks were losing badly. All they had were their spears, which were no match for the shovels, axes, and all that stuff.
 
Not to mention… all the Lazy Cossacks didn't stand much a chance from laying about so much while all the poor villagers had gained a lot of strength from working so hard all the time.
 
Many of the Cossacks already began to retreat, but Kubla refused to run anywhere and he could still see Elisa thought the crowds. He grinned wickedly, and then ordered Clang-Stumper to ride towards her. Elisa was then captured. “Help…! Help…!” she cried.
 
“ELISA…!” Jack and Sir Ravano cried together. “We've got to save her…” replied the Jack.
 
“Yeah…! Let's go…” said Sir Ravano, and they were off. “Wait for us…!” Snip called as he ran after them with Holly on his shoulders. “Oh…! I really should get some more exercise as a human.”
 
Kubla raced over the hills on Clang-Stumper, with Elisa as his hostage. Sir Ravano, with his recaptured white steed rode after them, but he still had no armor and no proper knightly weapons, but it didn't stop him. “STOP…! STOP I SAY…!”
 
Kubla didn't even turn around, and then he realized there was a frozen pond up ahead. “Ah-Ha… good idea.” He chuckled. “Forward… On Clang-Stumper! On… Ha, ha, ha…!”
 
While trotting across the ice, the weight of the iron-horse, and the heat form it's boiler caused the ice to break up creating a rushing river. “Oh, no…!” cried Elisa. “Look out, Sir Ravano…!” Kubla covered her mouth. “Silence… you!”
 
Sir Ravano continued to ride over the hills; his horse didn't see the river until it was too late. The horse stopped so suddenly that Sir Ravano fell off and into the water. “Oh! Ah…!”
 
The strong current began to carry him away, and even he was strong enough to swim out. He couldn't either as the water was still icy cold. “Help… Help…!” he called out, and help was close behind. Snip, Holly, and Jack saw him, but they knew that Jack couldn't freeze the lake this time or Sir Ravano would be frozen as well.
 
Jack however already found an alternate idea, changing into his sprite-stat, he frosted a large decaying tree which made it fall over giving Sir Ravano something to grab onto. Snip and Holly helped him out from the river while Jack continued on to pursue Kubla.
 
 
Jack forced himself to fly faster than he had ever flown before and he could see Kubla up ahead with Elisa. His eyes narrowed at the Cossack King angrily, and then Jack whistled, and summoned up a lot of snow and frost to block the road up ahead.
 
“Whoa! Hold up Clang-Stumper!” Kubla bellowed.
 
Elisa turned to look round, “Jack…!” she cried.
 
Kubla growled in anger, “So, Jack Frost… we meet again.” he said, despite the fact that he couldn't see Jack at all; he could somehow tell that Jack was standing before him. “Well… this time you will not escape…!” Kubla roared, and he pulled an a lever on Clang-Stumper's saddle-horn causing the iron-horse to breathe fire like a dragon.
 
Jack leapt out of the way quickly, and then changed into his human form. “No… Jack!” Elisa cried.
 
Poor Jack backed into a wall of solid snow as Kubla walked the iron-horse forward. “Bwa, ha, ha, ha… it is time.” Kubla chuckled. “I have been waiting for this for a very long time.”
 
“Get him Kubla. Get him!” added Dommy.
 
Poor Jack didn't know what he could do.