Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Davis and Kari in: Jack Frost Returns ❯ Dangerous Risks ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
Pete was fluffing his pillow as he explained. “Now, Jack Frost knew that he couldn't go anywhere near the burning castle. So he decided to ask Father Winter for some assistance… but when he got there…”
 
 
“But sir… we can't just let Elisa and Sir Ravano be hurt by Kubla Kraus, and I've still got to find a way to free all the people of January-Junction.”
 
Father Winter shook his head, “I'm sorry Jack Frost… but I don't think that there's really anything that I can do for It.” he said. “We're all the spirits of winter, and even I myself have no chance against flames that hot. Even the strongest winter storm I fear would not be enough.”
 
Jack hung his head down in shame. What was he going to do now…? “Wait a minute… I think I know now.” he chuckled cheekily. “If you let me be human again, then maybe I just might be able to save everyone.”
 
“What…?” Father Winter practically bellowed. “But Jack… you realize what great risk you would put yourself at?” He referred to the fact that in human-form Jack was liable to get hurt badly, if not by the flames, then by the whole army of Cossacks.
 
Snip and Holly heard about what was going on. “Jack, you don't mean you're really going to take on that whole Cossack army single handed?”
 
“You can't hope to win all by yourself.” added Holly.
 
Jack however was serious. “I've just got to do it. I just have to save Elisa and all the other people too. There's no other way…”
 
Snip and Holly were not going to stand for this. They just couldn't let their friend go off like that. “Well then… we're coming with you.” said Snip, and Holly nodded her little head in agreement.
 
Father Winter didn't know what to say, apart from forbidding all this in the first place, he could tell that nothing was going to stop Jack Frost, and it would have been customary for him to have some help. “Very well my friends…” he said. “You all be given the powers to change to and from humans and sprites as you wish. Just remember if you wish to change back into your sprite forms, you must keep far away from the flames.”
 
Heeding Father Winter's advice, Jack Frost and his friends were on their way. “Oh my, it certainly feels somewhat strange being human again.” Snip said.
 
Jack could understand how Snip and Holly felt, for the only time they became human was when Jack was originally trying to win Elisa's heart, and they were sent to keep him out of danger as well as try to help him obtain his requirements.
 
Now joining him again in a quest for justice, and rescue… it was just exhilarating; for Jack at least, but Snip and Holly still hadn't a clue about Jack's plan. Not even went they made it to the sites of January-Junction.
 
They crept along the dark snowy paths carefully avoiding the Cossacks who were patrolling the area as they made their ways to the castle on the mountain. “My goodness… who ever knew it could get so hot in the winter time.” cried Snip, but he really knew it was because all of the fire around the castle.
 
“Shh… quiet now.” Jack whispered. “This way now… I'll just bet Sir Ravano and Elisa are being held captive in the dungeon.”
 
He led his friends around the castle, which he remembered well as it was his home, very cautiously.
 
 
In the dungeon, even Sir Ravano could see no way out of this. Both he and Elisa were bound with chains. The dungeon-door was locked, and the whole castle was crawling with guards. “It's no use…” Sir Ravano cried. “I can't seem to find any way out of this.”
 
That's when he noticed his wife wasn't as scared as he thought she would be, and that she was actually looking out the dungeon-window. “Oh… I don't see him anywhere.”
 
“What is it Elisa? Who are you looking for?” her husband asked.
 
“For Jack…” she told him. “I just know he'll save us.”
 
Sir Ravano was confused. “Jack Snip? How can he save us all by himself?”
 
“No… not Jack Snip.” replied Elisa, and she explained to him everything she had experienced the past month, including the bit where she could actually see Jack Frost.
 
Sir Ravano wasn't sure to believe her or not, but nothing else was able to explain anything of what he had just heard and if she believed that much that Jack Frost would really save them. “I believe you.” he said to her.
 
They both smiled at each other, but the night was fading fast, and the morning was soon to break. That would be when Elisa would be forced to marry Kubla Kraus, and Sir Ravano would be… well… sentenced to his doom.
 
Then, about a few hours before dawn, the guards had fallen asleep by the dungeon door and Jack and his friends came by. “Pst…!” Jack called to the sleeping prisoners. “Pst…! Elisa… Sir Ravano? Over here.”
 
Elisa and Sir Ravano awoke to see Jack, Snip, and Holly, in their human forms standing on the other side of the door. Elisa almost couldn't keep quiet as she was overjoyed to see her friends had made it, but alas… they could not open the door to the dungeon.
 
“You need the key.” Sir Ravano whispered to them. “It's around Kubla's neck.”
 
The three sprites, their eyes bulged wide. “Gee, that's no good.” said Snip. “Now what do we do, Jack?” but he could tell by the look on Jack's face he wanted to go get that key.
 
Snip and Holly sighed, but then followed him to the master bedroom where Kubla was sleeping in what was once Jack's four poster bed. Snoring and grunting, and even talking in his sleep.
 
“Married…! Tomorrow… we will be married.”
 
The sprites thought he was just disgusting, but they could see the key and it was indeed on his neck. “How are we going to get it off of him without waking him up?” Snip asked.
 
Jack already had an idea, and asked Holly to sneak onto the bed and gently take the key. Holly did as she was told, and because she was so tiny she didn't make a lot of motion, and Kubla didn't feel her take the key away. He just snored loudly in her face though.
 
Holly made it back to the others, and as they were about to leave, Jack noticed that Dommy was just lying there on the bed. “Hmm… I think I have another idea.” He whispered as he took the dummy.
 
Snip and Holly were most curious as to what he was going to do. Hopefully it would help free all the poor people down below…
 
 
Down in the now half dilapidated January-Junction, all the prisoners, including Elisa's folks were all exhausted, cold, and hungry in the snow as they tried to sleep. This was one of the worst Christmas' ever… and the only hope they had was in their dreams.
 
Christmas was about love and happiness, not about slavery, and starving people to death…
 
(Music cue)
 
(Thoughts of the villagers)
 
We are the prisoners of Kubla Kraus.
Here we don't want to stay.
We wish for Jack Frost to save our lives,
Before Christmas day…
 
(A small boy)
 
A pack full of fun
Makes for all of everyone
such hope and such joy
just like wrapping a toy…
 
(EVERYONE)
When Christmas day is here.
The most wonderful day of the year.
 
(Papa)
 
Come out of the box and be ready to shout
(Mama)
 
“Wake up! Don't you know that it's time to come out!”
 
(EVERYONE)
When Christmas day is here.
The most wonderful day of the year
Joys galore, and there's room for more.
So rise up from the floor.
And share in the joy, every girl and boy.
 
(A manand his wife)
 
Jack Frost you must save us, and for when you do…
We'd all feel so grateful we would honor you.
 
(EVERYONE)
 
When Christmas Day is here
The most wonderful day of the year.
 
 
Lifting heavy rocks all day. Piling up wood , and chopping logs…. And the mean Cossacks only gave them things to eat like soggy gruel, and moldy bread. IT really wasn't a pretty thing for all those poor people.
 
If we're to be trapped as just slaves all the way
We'd all cheer out loud to have one last free day.
When Christmas Day is here
The most wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful,
wonderful day of the year