Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Davis and Kari in: Jack Frost Returns ❯ Captured and Trapped ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
Pete gave a slight little yawn, “Oh… Pardon me.”
 
“Now, about a month had passed, and Christmastime was drawing near…”
 
 
The Cossacks had been searching for Elisa for a long time under the orders of Kubla Kraus, who was still determined to capture Elisa and make her his wife.
 
(Music Cue)
 
(Kubla)
 
She is beautiful and therefore,
I will woo her.
 
(Dommy)
 
How can you woo her?
She doesn't like you.
 
(Kubla)
 
She's a woman and therefore,
I will win her.
 
(Dommy)
 
How can you win her?
She doesn't like you.
 
(Kubla)
 
I will win her, and woo her.
I will…!
 
(Dommy)
 
You won't…!
 
(Kubla)
 
I can…!
 
(Dommy)
 
You can't…!
 
(Both… somehow)
 
WE'LL SEE…!
 
Meanwhile
 
Jack Frost always brought Elisa back up to the winter clouds at night so she could be safe and sound with all the other sprites. Father Winter allowed it, since Elisa still had no place to go, as long as she would stay with Jack during the daytime on Earth.
 
Still… despite all the fun he was having with Elisa, Jack Frost still couldn't come up with a plan on what to do about the Cossacks and Kubla Kraus. He couldn't very well do what he did last time and snowbound them all in a big blizzard, or he'd burry the other villagers in with them.
 
Jack was still wondering what to do as he frosted some of the trees. “Somehow, there's got to be a way to beat the Cossacks without endangering the other people.” he said to himself.
 
Suddenly he heard Elisa scream. “No! No, let go of me! HELP…!”
 
Jack turned round. “Elisa…?” He flew up higher to get a good look at what was going on and he could see “Elisa…!” being carried off by a band of Cossacks that snuck up on her by surprise while she was off skating on the pond.
 
Already they were riding over the hills… “Elisa! Elisa… No!” Jack cried as he raced after them. “Jack… please, help me!” Elisa cried.
 
The Cossacks were hoping she would call out for Jack Frost. As they continued to ride over the hills, and pass through a row of trees, the riders signaled for some of their other men, “Now… he is coming!”
 
The other Cossacks nodded and began to light the trees on fire creating a huge wall of flames that stretched a about a mile high. Jack stopped dead in his flight as is started getting warmer for him and he got as far away from the flames as he could. For being a winter sprite, he just couldn't stand those hot flames.
 
“ELISA!” cried Jack.
 
He couldn't chase after her as he wasn't able to get past the flames. Even so, he had no idea of which direction he Cossacks had gone as the fire had melted the snow and the footprints.
 
Jack could only fall to his knees as the last of the trees burned down, and there was nothing he could've done to stop them as all his ice and frost couldn't stand up to the heat of those flames.
 
“Oh, Elisa…!” he nearly sobbed, but then suddenly he remembered that there was only one place where they could have been taking her. “Miserable-Mountain..! Near January-Junction...”
 
He leapt up high into the air and was off to find Elisa. Keeping himself at a safe height from the ground, he soon realized that he was right. He could see the Cossacks taking Elisa straight into the mountain, and up to the castle.
 
Unfortunately he wasn't able to risk going in there to save him as he could see fire shooting out from the whole mountainsides, and along the foot. “Oh, no…! How am I ever going to get past all that?”
 
True he wouldn't be harmed by the flames, but he would grow weak, and his icy-powers would be useless unless they were kept cold. What could he do?
 
Meanwhile
 
Elisa was brought before Kubla in his throne-room. He was laughing wickedly the fact that he had gotten Elisa back. “Bwa, ha, ha, ha… at last I have my bride back, and soon we shall be married and rule the world together.”
 
“No, no, no!” growled Elisa. “I told you before, I won't marry you!”
 
“Oh, but you will in fact.” replied Kubla. “Bring him in at once!” he ordered.
 
The Cossacks opened the doors to the throne room marching a prisoner forward. Elisa gasped. “Sir Ravano!”
 
The armor-less knight looked up at his wife. “Elisa! Thank goodness you're safe.” he cried, but then the Cossacks yanked on his ropes. “Silence… worm!” growled Kubla. “Take one good look at your wife, for tomorrow, on Christmas Eve, she will be my wife.”
 
Little Dommy chuckled with Kubla. “Oh yes… she will be with you Kubla.”
 
Sir Ravano growled. “No… I won't let you do this!”
 
Kubla chuckled. “Ha, ha, haaa… you have no choice in the matter. For you will not be here in the morning to see it happening!”
 
Elisa and Sir Ravano immediately caught onto to Kubla's gesture. “You-- you wouldn't!” cried Elisa. “You couldn't!”
 
“Oh yes he can, and he will.” said Dommy. “Won't you Kubla?”
 
“Yes… Dommy. I will…” said Kubla. “At Noon tomorrow, the ceremonies will begin. Take them both away to the dungeon.”
 
Both Elisa and Sir. Ravano were hauled off, and Kubla knew fully well that not even Jack Frost would dare to try and rescue them. The fires around the castle were made by his Cossacks in secret Hiding places who were using hot boilers and ovens to keep the mountain hot.
 
Kubla felt for the first time that things would finally pick up right in his life. It wasn't easy being the King of the Cossacks, because everything he had seemed to have a Rub inn it somewhere…
 
(Music Cue)
 
(Kubla)
 
I'm Kubla Kraus'; I'm king of all the Cossacks.
But although there are Cossacks to be King of, there's a Rub.
There's a Ruuuuuuub!
There's a Ruuuuuuub!
 
I'm Kubla Kraus; I may have so much power.
But although I may have so much power it's a rub.
There's a Ruuuuuuub!
There's a Ruuuuuuub!
There's a Ru-hu-hu-hu-ub!
Rub-a-dub-a-dub-dub… Rub!
 
I rule with an iron hand.
I have an army to command.
I own the people and the land.
And yet still I don't feel happy, I don't understand!
 
I'm Kubla Kraus; I have a lot of treasure.
But although I have all this treasure there's a rub.
There's a Ruuuuuuub!
There's a Ruuuuuuub!
 
I'm Kubla Kraus; I have so many slaves now.
But although I have all of these slaves now, there's a rub.
There's a Ruuuuuuub!
There's a Ruuuuuuub!
There's a Ru-hu-hu-hu-ub!
Rub-a-dub-a-dub-dub… Rub!
 
There's a Ruuuuuuub!
I hate a Ruuuuuuub!
There's a Ru-hu-hu-hu-ub!
Rub-a-dub-a-dub-dub…
Rub-a-dub-a-dub-dub…
Rub-a-dub-a-dub-dub… Rub!
 
 
Jack Frost still didn't know what to do, and time was running out… but suddenly he had an idea. So he headed back to the Kingdom of the winter clouds, and was going to ask Father Winter for one of the biggest favors of all.