Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digidreams Do Come True! ❯ The Powers of Courage and Love! ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This chapter exhibits Taichi and Sora's teamwork, and how well the two work together. There also some evolutions in this chapter. Enjoy all, and as always, I don't own anything dealing with Digimon.
 
Chapter 19: “?! ??????????????P
Sora! Oretachi wa sugee CHIIMU da yo na?”
Sora! We're a great team, aren't we?” The Powers of Courage and Love!
 
“That sure was a good meal,” Taichi praised while rubbing his round tummy, enjoying the shade of the tree that both he and Agumon were currently under. Since the “hot spring” was “too hot” for Taichi to handle, both camped out under the tree, where Agumon stored his food. It was pretty much camouflaged, as this particular tree had a secret compartment for such a thing. This was the only fake tree in the woodsy like area.
 
Taichi was surprised that there weren't more Digimon around to help Agumon out, or to even keep the orange reptilian company, but Agumon insisted that he didn't mind, and since the “hot spring” was open to all Digimon, he'd converse with the ones who would visit.
 
“It sure was,” Agumon burped.
 
“Now that we've eaten this morning and rested up last night, we should go look for Sora,” the boy told his partner anxiously as he stood. He brushed off some of the dirt from his overly-large clothing. “The Tyranomon around here should be able to handle things until we get back.”
 
“But Taichi, like I told you yesterday, it'll take almost the entire day if we went on foot, and I don't know if it's really safe for you to go. What if you're seen by the enemy? Maybe if I could fly, I'd take more of a chance, but I'm not too sure about going on foot. You'd stand out.”
 
“We have to do something!!” the goggle-headed boy shouted out. “I hate the fact that she's by herself, and there's no guarantee that she actually ended up with Piyomon!”
 
“Calm down, Taichi. I'm sure she's probably with her; besides, Sora can take care of herself. You should know that better than anyone. She did a good job of that when she was hiding from all of us that time. Don't you remember what Tokomon said when we came back? Tokomon said that Sora was the first one to leave the group in search of you after our battle with Etemon.”
 
Taichi pondered for a moment, recalling the incident all too well. Sora, at the time, was very self-conscious over her having the Crest of Love, and figured that she wouldn't be able to activate its powers since she was thoroughly convinced that she didn't know how to love.
 
“I know,” Taichi sighed while lowering his head, “but I still would like to know for sure that she's safe.” Grumbling, the current 11-year-old boy, kicked at the ground, and stuffed his hands into the pockets of his baggy shorts. He then heard a beeping sound, and pulled out his Digivice. “I just thought of something, Agumon! Sora has her Digivice! She was wearing it before we started playing tennis! She had it clipped onto her tennis skirt! Maybe I can find her through her Digivice signal!”
 
“Are you picking up anything?”
 
Taichi nodded as he showed him the device. “Someone is coming towards here and moving pretty fast.”
 
“Then it couldn't be Sora. She can't move that fast.”
 
Before the boy could respond, both thought they heard a low, squeaky voice say, “no human could move that fast, and even if the human could, he couldn't escape his fate if running into me!”
 
Agumon turned his head, growing slightly paranoid and very cautious. “Who's there?” There was no response, and the only thing around them was trees, and the pathway which led back towards the Fiery Hot Spring.
 
“It was probably nothing,” insisted Taichi, who found Sora's welfare more concerning. He continued to study the flashing light. “The person we're homing onto is almost here. I wonder who it could be.”
 
“Let's follow the signal and meet him; it looks like he's heading towards the spring.”
 
Taichi nodded and took off in a sprint, Agumon right behind him. Once reaching the entrance, they stopped to study the Digivice again.
 
Right at that moment, though, a strange, brightly-feathered Digimon - who was using the woods as cover - was sneaking up on both Taichi and Agumon, who were oblivious as their attentions remained on the Digivice and the person coming towards the two. The bird-like Digimon seemed to be watching them, anxious to attack them. Before it took off from its spot, a voice called, “Meteor Wing!”
 
A fire from high in the sky came from practically nowhere, and soared right past Agumon and Taichi. “Wha--” Taichi blinked while staring up at the sky.
 
“It's Birdramon!”
 
“Sora's with her!” Riding on the back of the orange bird, was none other than Sora. Taichi sighed out in relief to know that she had found her partner. “Sora, I'm so glad to see that you're okay!” he shouted up to her.
 
“Taichi, Agumon! Watch out!” Sora called to them after Birdramon had landed. Both were now staring at what Birdramon had hit, the Digimon with the sharp talons taking to the sky. Taichi gazed at it, his mouth hanging open. From where they were, Sora couldn't get a good look at it, but now understood Taichi's reaction to it.
 
“Parrotmon,” both uttered in surprise.
****
(Digi-Analyzer On)
 
Hawkmon: This giant-bird is known as Parrotmon; a perfect (ultimate) leveled Digimon, who shows to be very strong. One should really avoid those talons, as they can be very deadly if caught within them.
 
(Digi-Analyzer Off)
****
“Oh, so you've heard of me,” the green, metal-beaked bird squawked.
 
“This Parrotmon is a little bigger than the one we saw as a kid!” Sora nodded slowly in agreement.
 
“Why were you trying to hurt Agumon and Taichi!” Birdramon demanded with a screech.
 
“Because I wanted to,” it sneered, while glaring dangerously at Taichi and Sora. “Besides, humans have no business interfering with our world, and my master wanted them all eliminated, aside from one, and he's not here! I plan on taking out my master's orders and wishes!”
 
“You're not going to hurt Taichi and Sora! Birdramon and I won't let you!!”
 
Parrotmon yawned, as if bored. Agumon obviously wasn't much of a threat to the giant bird.
 
“Agumon, you better evolve; I think this thing means business!”
 
“Right, Taichi!” Within a mere second, the once small reptilian evolved to Greymon.
 
Parrotmon still seemed to not find the evolution much of a bother, and went towards Sora and Taichi. Each step the bird made, knocked trees down in its wake, and caused the ground to rumble from its great weight. Birdramon and Greymon stood in front of the two.
 
“Mjolnir Thunder!!”
 
The Digimon stretched its wings, some more trees falling, causing nearby Digimon to scatter. It then took in a deep breath, and opened its mouth. A crackling orb formed in its mouth, and shot it right out. The electric-filled attack hit both Greymon and Birdramon, causing them both to fly back from the impact of the powerful assault.
 
“Greymon!”
 
“Birdramon!”
 
The two began running towards their respective partners, but Parrotmon had other plans in mind. It took to the sky, and then swooped down on the two, grabbing both of them in its talons. It then flew higher and higher, the children shouting and yelling for it to release them. The bird just squawked demonically at their pleas as it circled the fiery pits below.
 
“Oh no, Greymon; Parrotmon's flown up high with Sora and Taichi! We have to save them.”
 
Greymon nodded, as he prepared himself to launch one of his mighty fire balls at the creature, but soon stopped.
 
“You want me to let these two go, right?” Parrotmon shouted down to the two, its laugh growing more and more deranged and demented.
 
Taichi and Sora tried their bests to convince the bird to safely let them go, but it just ignored the two. After a moment, the two looked to one another, and then nodded. They understood what needed to be done, even if it meant sacrificing their own lives. They realized the reason that their partners were hesitant on coming near Parrotmon or attacking it, was because of them. Both their partners looked to be at a loss as to what to do, as they were trying to persuade Parrotmon to just fight with them, and to leave Taichi and Sora out of it.
 
“Birdramon, Greymon! You two attack while you have the chance!”
 
“Yeah! Go ahead and blast this bird, Greymon!”
 
“Don't worry about us!”
 
Birdramon nearly choked after hearing such a request. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. “Sora, we can't do that!”
 
“She's right, Taichi! We'll end up hurting you!”
 
Taichi smiled weakly, while giving Greymon a thumbs-up. “Don't worry about us, we'll be okay.”
 
“We love the Digital World, and we want to do what's best for it, Birdramon!”
 
“B-but, Sora...we can't.”
 
“You have to!”
 
“Yeah, she's right! It's the only way! Stop worrying about us and attack this stupid featherbrain!”
 
Parrotmon began to laugh hysterically at the irony of the situation. “You're trying to do my job for me! I don't care if you do away with me or not since my life belongs to that of my master! I'll die with honor!
 
“If you attack me, you'll kill the children, and even though these two pathetic, insolent humans insist on you two attacking, I know you won't!”
 
“DO IT NOW!!” both Taichi and Sora shouted in unison, their eyes tightly shut.
 
All of a sudden, a faint glow came from both the children, and grew brighter. For Taichi, in the center of his chest, the shape of his old Crest of Courage showed, while the Crest of Love showed for Sora.
 
“Ta-i-chi…wh-what's going on?”
 
“I-I don't know...”
 
“Look! Look at Birdramon and Greymon!”
 
A light engulfed both Greymon and Birdramon, who felt their energy and strength intensifying to a level it hadn't for many years. Parrotmon stared on in bewilderment, as he stopped circling. This was pretty much new to it.
 
“Greymon, chou shinka...” The T-Rex felt himself changing, his claws transforming into metal, his chest now covered by a steel breast plate, while a metal mask, covered his face. “…MetalGreymon!”
 
“Birdramon, chou shinka…” A beautiful, great flame surrounded the bird, as she began to change shape. She grew taller and could now stand upright. Lots of Digicode designs covered her now muscular arms, and a ponytail hanged loosely down her back. “…Garudamon!”
 
The two couldn't help but gape at the scene; their Digimon had somehow managed to evolve to their perfect (ultimate) forms, just as they had managed to activate their natural crest powers. They felt the familiar rumbling coming from their Digivices, within their pockets.
 
“Parrotmon, put them down!” Garudamon ordered sternly.
 
“You have to catch them, first!!” Parrotmon gave Garudamon an almost evil, sinister look, and began to circle again quite fast. The two screamed at the speed the bird was going, and Sora was beginning to grow a bit dizzy. Without warning, they felt the grip Parrotmon had on them loosening. “Catch!!”
 
It let the two of them go, which caused the two to inevitabley scream for their lives, especially since they were headed towards the fiery pits below. While they were falling, Parrotmon positioned itself so that it could launch out an attack to hit them before reaching the ground.
 
Garudamon jumped into action, as she flew as fast as she could to reach Parrotmon, pushing the fiend aside. This prevented the exotic bird-Digi from executing the attack. While Garudamon had the attention of Parrotmon, MetalGreymon managed to catch both Taichi and Sora in the right palm of his huge, metal, reptilian hand.
 
“Thanks, pal,” Taichi breathed out in relief after MetalGreymon had set the two of them down.
 
“Don't mention it, now I have to go help Garudamon battle it out with that big dumb bird!”
 
“Out of all of the humans I had to take care of, I just had to end up with ones with Digimon partners! This just means I have to get rid of you two, first!
 
“Mjolnir Thunder!!!”
 
The bird used the electrical attack, which hit Garudamon directly. Parrotmon had a bit of a vendetta against the Hindu deity due to her ruining its aim earlier when trying to attack Taichi and Sora. Parrotmon kept focus on Garudamon, and not on MetalGreymon, which showed to be a mistake, as he was planning an attack of his own, just as Garudamon was.
 
“*Shadow Wing!!” Garudamon called, as a dark flame in the form of a phoenix shot out from her body.
 
Parrotmon managed to block the attack using Sonic Destroyer, causing a small explosion when the two attacks hit. While avoiding Garudamon's Shadow Wing attack, MetalGreymon had the opportunity to attack him self.
 
`This is good. I can get a direct hit from here,' thought MetalGreymon, as he took to the sky. “*Giga Destroyer!!”
 
MetalGreymon's metal chest plates flipped opened, and launched out two torpedoes, which hit Parrotmon. Seeing that Parrotmon was being targeted by MetalGreymon, Garudamon used her Shadow Wing attack again. Both realized that this Digimon was a pretty strong perfect (ultimate) leveled Digimon, and that the more attacks used on it, the better.
 
“Two against one isn't fair!” the bird squawked, as the two attacks hit. Both attacks hitting Parrotmon at the same time showed to be successful, as it was too much for it to withstand and ended up deleted.
 
“They did it…they did it…they did it,” both Taichi and Sora cheered, while holding hands and dancing.
 
The two Digimon flew back down to the ground and devolved back into Agumon and Piyomon. After landing, Taichi and Sora rushed to their partners' sides, and hugged them tightly.
 
“Oh Piyomon, you were great!”
 
“Good job, Agumon,” Taichi winked with a thumbs-up.
 
“Thank you for protecting us!”
 
After the smothering hugs, the four decided to sit down in Agumon's spot under the tree, to talk.
 
“It's amazing,” Sora exclaimed, still in awe over the recent battle. “I can't believe you two were able to evolve to your perfect (ultimate) forms,” she held her hand over her heart, “and that my natural crest power is still here.
 
“It's like when we were brought back here, our natural crest powers that we used to create that protective seal over the Digital World was never used to make the seal at all. Maybe that's why we're younger! We're the ages we were before we gave up our natural crest powers!”
 
Taichi shrugged nonchalantly. “Maybe you're right. That's the only thing that's made a little sense since I've been here.”
 
“If it is, maybe Agumon will be able to warp evolve to WarGreymon.”
 
The soccer player smiled contently. “It was like old times again, our fighting off bad Digimon.”
 
“I wonder what activated our crest powers in the first place so that our Digimon could evolve.”
 
“I think I know, Sora!”
 
“Me too,” Agumon chimed in. Both gave the two Digimon a curious look. They were wondering what the two possibly knew. “Because of the love Sora has for the Digital World,” Agumon began, “that activated her Crest of Love, which gave Birdramon the power she needed to evolve to Garudamon.”
 
“Because of the courage Taichi has to try and protect the Digital World that activated his Crest of Courage, which gave Greymon the energy he needed to evolve to MetalGreymon.”
 
“Hey, Piyomon, I'd say that it was a mixture of both; love and courage.”
 
“Wow Agumon, you're probably right! For the decision Sora made, that didn't only show her love for the Digital World, but that she had the courage to do it!”
 
“Yeah, and for Taichi, not only did he have the courage to protect our world, but he had to love it too!”
 
“I guess that makes sense,” Sora nodded slowly, while taking everything in.
 
“We make a pretty good team, eh Sora?”
 
She smiled and nodded. “I guess we do, but thinking about it, we always have.”
 
Not in the dating department. You wouldn't even give me a chance by waiting until I actually had the nerve to ask,” Taichi inadvertently muttered under his breath.
 
“Excuse me? I didn't catch what you said.”
 
“Huh, what? It was nothing.”
 
“So what do we do now? I'm sure there are a lot more Digimon like Parrotmon around trying to kill us for this `master' of theirs.”
 
“Piyomon and I should get you and Taichi out of here.”
 
“Agumon's right. If the master Parrotmon mentioned is after you, then you're definitely in danger.”
 
“And if that Parrotmon was sent here, then that must mean that whoever that Parrotmon is working for, knows you're here.”
 
“We'll get out of here faster by air.” The small pink bird tried to evolve, but, unfortunately, nothing happened. “Hey, why can't I evolve!” she huffed.
 
“You're probably too tired to evolve.” Sora smiled gently at her pink companion proudly, even though Piyomon looked a bit overwhelmed. “You did quite a bit today. First you flew me all the way here, and then you evolved again to fight against Parrotmon. It's been a long time since you've been on a level that high. You probably have to get used to it again.”
 
Piyomon but a wing behind her feathered head and laughed bashfully. “I guess you're right.”
 
“I guess we go on foot, but where should we go to keep them safe?”
 
“Whose area is closest to here that wouldn't take long to get to? At least less than a day's journey.”
 
“Hmm, I dunno…” While Agumon tried to think of a place nearby to get the children out of danger, Taichi took that opportunity to look at his Digivice. He noticed two lights blinking on the screen.
 
“Hey, Sora, do you have your Digivice with you?”
 
“Yeah,” she took it out to show him, “why?” She heard a beeping sound, and looked down at it. “Hey, someone else must be here in the Digital World. There must be some more Chosen Children here since we're picking up on their signals!”
 
“Exactly! I say we go meet up with these Chosen Children. Maybe they can help us, and then all of us together, can fight against this `master' and defeat him once and for all!”
 
“To make things even better, we may even know these children.”
 
“Agumon, Piyomon, before we go, do you guys know where these two people could be, or where they are?” Taichi kneeled down, and showed the two his Digivice.
 
“That's Gabumon's area!” Agumon exclaimed.
 
“That's not too far away from here.”
 
“We better get going, but first, you two should eat to get your strength up. What if you have to evolve again?”
 
The two agreed to Sora's suggestion, and had some snacks and drinks. After they had finished, the group started off on foot in the direction their Digivices were picking up a signal on…
 
Author's Notes
 
Note 1: Shadow Wing is the original name for “Wing Blade”.
***
Note 2: Giga Destroyer is the original name for “Giga Blaster”.