Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon 02: The Road Not Taken ❯ Trust You Never Again ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Digimon 02: The Road Not Taken
By Robster80


Episode Three: Trust You Never Again



************************************************************************ ********
Last time: TK and Patamon meet Ken and the revived Wormmon at the soccer field before heading to the Digital World. Once there, Ken reveals TK a program that would allow Patamon to digivolve without worrying about the control spires, and offers to share the program with TK. The two become friends, but their time in the Digital World is cut short when they detect Davis and the others coming towards them, and they escape back to TK’s apartment where TK reveals his current problems to Ken. Meanwhile, Kari debates whether or not to tell TK about her and Davis, but then decides not to tell him. Also, Cody receives shocking news from his grandfather that Ken had been in their apartment building while he was with the others…
************************************************************************ ********


“Are you serious?!”

Cody nodded at Yolei. He was at the school computer lab and had just told Yolei, Kari, and Davis about his grandfather seeing Ken at the apartment building where he, Yolei and TK lived in.

“What could he have been doing there,” wondered Upamon.

Davis slammed his fist into his palm. “He must be casing the building for a new assault! That’s the only explanation.”

Kari looked at Cody. “Did you try telling TK about this?”

Sadly, Cody shook his head. “His mom said he left early this morning. I would have told him last night, but it was late and I didn’t want to disturb him.”

Just then, the computer screen came to life and brought up a display of one area of the Digital World. Yolei checked the screen. “It’s the area where Ken’s base crash-landed, and I’m getting two D-3 signals from there. Looks like one of them is TK’s signal.”

{Oh joy,} Davis fumed. He didn’t want to waste more time chasing down TK, but if they were going to, he had to put up with it for Kari’s sake. However, he didn’t want this becoming a habit. “Well, let’s go see if we can get to him this time.”

Gatomon got excited about this. Maybe she would get to see Patamon again. Even though it had been over a day, she missed him. “Then let’s make like a bread truck and haul buns!”


************************************************************************ ********


“HAND OF FATE!”

“SPIKING STRIKE!”

Working as one, Stingmon and Angemon wiped out the last of the area’s control spires that had popped up around Ken’s former floating base.

TK observed them before they returned to him. “Nice work, guys. But what bothers me is how those spires keep surfacing if Ken’s no longer behind them?”

“Well it’s not the base’s engine,” Ken replied as he climbed out of a hole in the base to rejoin the others. “It’s as dead as Kimeramon and the power source has been disabled since the crash.”

“What was the power source? You mean the Digi-Egg of Miracles?”

“That was just a stabilizer. The main source was a direct link to the Dark Ocean, and that’s been severed. I just don’t know who did it, though.”

A sudden beeping made TK check his D-3. “Uh-oh, the others are here and they’re close!”

“Time to go then,” said Stingmon before he grabbed Ken and took off. TK had Angemon revert to Patamon before using his Digi-Egg to make him Pegasusmon. The two quickly followed after Ken and Stingmon.

“I don’t like the idea of us running from the others,” Pegasusmon stated. “I know Kari hurt you, TK, but you can’t avoid her forever.”

“It’s not about her,” TK quickly said. “The others in general don’t trust Ken, and if we faced them now, their anger will make things worse. Remember, he did kidnap Agumon and tortured him along with many other Digimon.”

“That is true. And Davis being who he is… You’re right. Forget I said anything.”


************************************************************************ ********


“That was too close,” Ken said after he and TK returned to his home. “This time they didn’t send an email to warn us.”

“We may not be able to keep this up,” TK added. “School’s tomorrow and I can’t avoid them there.”

Wormmon then got an idea. “How about, TK, you be with the others for the week and just see Ken on the weekends? Would that be easier?”

“It’s worth a shot,” Patamon chimed in. “And we can make up excuses as to why we were gone all weekend, right?”

Ken gave it some thought. “Better make it every other weekend, so they don’t get too suspicious.”

The more TK listened, and thought about it, the more he liked the idea. “Okay, we’ll go with the plan, but that doesn’t mean we can’t email or phone.”

“As long as I don’t catch you at a bad time.”


************************************************************************ ********


The next three days were still taxing for TK and Patamon. The others had bought TK’s story about going solo because the battle with Ken had dug up his memories of Devimon; however, Davis and Cody still had their suspicions concerning how TK avoided talking about Ken. Also, Kari and Davis were showing small signs that they were going out now, which made TK’s heart sink all the more.

After each trip to the Digital World, TK would secretly send Ken email that the group was done for the day and was well on their way home so he could enter and destroy more control spires himself. TK had been careful to make sure he was alone when he sent the email, telling Cody and Yolei that he was sending email out to Mimi, Matt, or his father.

That night, TK was just finishing his homework when he heard his D-Terminal’s email alert. Checking it, he saw he had four messages, each from the others:

“Expecting a large shipment for the store, so mom needs me home after school PDQ. Won’t be able to go Digi. Sorry. –Yolei.”

“Grandfather’s not feeling very well, so I’ll have to skip tomorrow’s expedition to help him at home. My apologies. –Cody.”

“Mom needs my help with some project at the apartment. What the project is, she didn’t tell me, but I have to be there. Hope this doesn’t upset everyone. –Kari.”

“Kari told me she’s not going to the Digital World tomorrow, so I’m not going, either. Cody or CJ can lead this time. –Davis.”

TK checked the time of each message. All four were sent about the same time, minus a few seconds for each email. Also, he was the only recipient of all four; no one else was forwarded a copy. [This sounds fishy,] he thought as he left his room to get the telephone. Using speed dial, he waited for someone at the Ichijoji Residence to pick up.

“Hello, this is Ken.”

“Ken, it’s TK. I got email from Kari and the others, each one giving an excuse that they’re not going to the Digital World tomorrow.”

“So? That’s good for us.”

“The emails were sent almost simultaneously, and only to me.”

“Then it could be some sort of trap, right?”

“Maybe. Davis and Cody have been watching me closely the last two days. Either they’ve caught on to us being friends or it’s a trap set just for you.”

There was a long silence before TK heard Ken speak. “TK, let’s not go tomorrow, either of us. It’s too risky to trust what your friends have said.”

“I’m afraid you’re right. How about we meet at my place after school instead? We can talk strategy, plus Matt wants to meet you, the real you.”

“Only if he can get me a copy of his band’s new single.”


************************************************************************ ********


Kari dragged her feet to school that morning. She had some trouble falling asleep the night before, all because of the email she had sent to TK about later today. It was another lie she was forced to tell him, again thanks to Davis.

The plan had been made Monday evening after TK and Cody had left for home. Davis convinced Yolei and Kari that they should set a trap for Ken and see what TK had really been up to that weekend. They would all send emails out to the group, say they had things to do at home they couldn’t get out of, and then wait for TK and/or Ken to set foot in the Digital World before they would immediately follow them.

Cody only found out the next day, and he reluctantly agreed to the plan. Although he still didn’t trust Ken, he was TK’s friend and didn’t want to believe that TK would be helping their enemy.

She shouldn’t have agreed, Kari realized as she neared the school. She should have told Davis that she trusted TK, and that he would never betray the group. However, a part of her said that she had to trust her boyfriend and be supportive, no matter what.

But TK was her best friend. He saved her life twice, and was always by her side when she needed support. Lately, though, he had become distant from her, as well as the other kids.

“Hurry up, slowpoke!”

Turning, Kari saw TK walking past her. He was being rather quick about it as well. “We have that test in science class today.”

“TK!”

Though surprised that Kari had called out his name, and grabbed him by the shirt sleeve, TK fought the sense of hope that she liked him more than a friend. He faced her with a slight impatient look. “What’s up?”

“…It’s about my email.”

“Don’t worry, I got it last night shortly after I got everyone else’s. Actually, I have plans after school myself, so this works out fine for all of us.”

“…Don’t go to the Digital World alone, okay?”

[Having second thoughts, are we, Kari? Well, I already know about your plan and more, so forget about being concerned because it’s way too late!] “I’m a big boy now, Kari, I can take care of myself. Now let go of me so we can avoid standing out in the hall.”

The cold response shocked Kari that she absentmindedly released TK’s shirt from her grip. [He’s never been like this. …Does he know about Davis and me?]


************************************************************************ ********


TK came home to find Matt, Ken, Patamon and Wormmon waiting for him in his bedroom. “We’re definitely staying in this world today,” he said to them as he put his schoolbag away. “Kari tried to hint to me that they’ve set a trap.”

“That was kind of her,” Matt started, “especially since she’s keeping her new boyfriend a secret.”

“That’s not all, bro. I stopped by Yolei’s family’s store on the way here. Not only was Yolei not there, but her mom said that she’s not expecting any large shipments anytime soon.”

Ken gave a slight cough. “We’re in agreement that we’re better off staying here, so let’s change the subject. Your brother and I were talking about sharing my spire-blocking program with his Digivice. However, since his is an older model, it may take a while to adjust the program for the right downloading sequence.”

“Also,” Matt interrupted, “Tai was talking to me earlier at school. Sora wants to have a word with you, TK, about your promise. Seems he told her about your love problem before I could speak to him”

TK had a good idea what Sora wanted to talk about. Tai had released him from the promise to protect Kari, but it had originally been made to Sora in a desperate moment years ago. He would just have to tell Sora how it was, it seemed; Davis is Kari’s love, he would have to take over the promise now.

Suddenly, TK’s computer made a loud beeping sound. Ken, who was sitting at TK’s desk, turned to check the source of the problem. He brought up a window, and gasped. “A whole field of spires just sprung up very close to the Primary Village! …And someone’s sent an email addressed to me.”

TK and Matt gathered around Ken as he opened the email:

“Former Digimon Emperor,

“We are terribly disappointed in you. Giving up your power and control over all the Digital World for what? Your weakling of a Digimon partner? You are not the great one we thought you were.

“And now you wish to see your beautiful control spires torn down, after all the trouble you went through of putting them up. We cannot allow this. Therefore, we have seized the spire-creation program and made it our own. Soon, we shall cover the entire Digital World with spires and plunge it into darkness.

“Thank you for the program, and stay out of our way if you and your new ‘friends’ wish to stay alive.”

The email never said who had sent it, or where it had come from. However, its message was loud and clear: someone else was picking up where Ken had left off as Emperor.


“I will not allow this,” Ken stated as he brought up the Digi Port. “I’m going to tear down those spires before they overrun the Primary Village!”

TK pulled out his D-3 as well. “And I’m going with you!”

Matt tried to calm the two boys down. “Wait a second, you two! This could be a trick; maybe even Davis’ trap going one step further.”

“I doubt it,” Ken said. “No one in TK’s group could make this look so convincing, not even Yolei.”

“Then maybe Izzy-.”

“Bro, get a clue,” TK almost shouted back. “We can’t risk the safety of Elecmon and all the baby Digimon in those spires’ path! Trap or no trap, we have to go!”


************************************************************************ ********


The monitor Ken and TK had come from was a little way off from where they had to be, but it was of little consequence to them. They broke into a run the moment they arrived, their Digimon quickly digivolving to Champion-level as they ran.

Ken and TK expected the sight of the newly-built control spires to be incredible, but they didn’t expect someone else to be bringing them down one by one. As they grew nearer, they could hear a voice crying out some sort of attack.

“FIST OF THE BEAST KING!”

TK recognized the voice as they grew closer. “That sounds like… could it be…”

Three more spires had fallen as the four came to a stop at a clearing between the Primary Village and the spires. Sure enough, a lone figure was attacking the spires, throwing out a fist that sent an orange light attack at one spire after another.

“I don’t believe it,” Angemon exclaimed. “LEOMON!!!”

Hearing his name being called out to him, Leomon turned around. He smiled as Angemon and the others approached him. “Digi-destined,” he said with mixed surprise and joy in his voice. “It does my heart good to see you again. But what is this? Is this the same young boy whose Digimon succeeded in killing Devimon when no one else could? You have grown some since we last met.”

“And you look well, for a Digimon who died years ago,” TK said. “Mimi told us about how you sacrificed yourself to save her from Metal-Etemon.”

“Yes. It was… a strange experience for me. I was not reborn until long after you and the other children had left, and it was only recently that I was able to become Leomon again, and regain my memory.” It was then that Leomon looked at Ken with interest. “And I see the rumors are true about you, former Emperor, that you seek atonement for your deeds.”

Ken slightly hung his head. “Yes, I… I want to make up for all the evil I caused.”

“It was not just you, Ken… that is your name, correct? I am among a few others who sense that a greater force was behind you when you were the Emperor, and that that force is now taking matters into its own hands by creating more of these dark towers.”

“Which is why we’re here, Leomon,” Stingmon chimed in. “Let us all work together to destroy these spires-.”

“TEMPEST WING!”

The attack cry startled the three Digimon and two boys, all five turning to see Halsemon launching an attack at a spire near them. As they ran to avoid the crumbling structure, they saw Yolei riding Halsemon’s back.

“Yolei’s found us,” Angemon cried.

“And she brought the others!”

TK and Ken looked in the direction Stingmon pointed. Sure enough, Davis, Kari, Armadillomon and Cody were heading for them, riding on Raidramon and Nefertimon. It was too late to run, TK realized. Now they had to face Kari and the others.

Ken closed his eyes in disgrace. “I’m sorry TK,” he whispered. “This is all my fault.”

TK whispered back, “We knew the risk of coming here, Ken. Besides, they were bound to find out sooner or later.”

“Well,” Davis started to say as he and Cody dismounted from Raidramon. He calmly made his way to TK and Ken as Kari got off Nefertimon and Halsemon landed with Yolei. “Well, well, well. What do we have here? BT and Angiemon, we all know. And, of course, we have Ken the recently-dethroned Digimon Emperor. But these other two Digimon are new to me. Let me guess: Ken’s newest victims of brainwashing through Dark Rings and/or Spirals?”

“You presume much, young one,” Leomon said in a tone to equal Davis’ calm manner. “You know Angemon and the Digi-destined of Hope, though you mispronounced both their names, and you know Ken. Might I ask you who you and your friends are, how you know of Ken and TK, and why do you wear the head-dress of the Digi-destined of Courage?”

It was TK who answered Leomon’s questions, though through his voice, he was starting to lose his own calmness. “He’s Davis, dubbed leader of the new Digi-destined group by Tai, who also gave him those goggles. The others are Yolei with Halsemon, who just reverted back to Hawkmon, Davis’ partner Raidramon, Cody and Armadillomon, and Tai’s younger sister Kari and her partner Nefertimon. They’re my friends.”

Davis shot TK a look. “Are we? Tell me, ‘friend,’ why have you been keeping secrets from us?”

“What’s going on here, TK,” Kari said quickly to try and avoid Davis getting into his accusations. “We first find out about the control spires that appeared near Primary Village, and then we detected your D-3’s signal here along with Ken’s.”

Cody crossed his arms. “Plus you’ve been very distant from us as of late, and according to my grandfather, Ken’s been to our apartment complex a few days ago.”

“I can explain, Cody-.”

“Better make it a good explanation,” Yolei jumped in, “because we don’t appreciate being lied to.”

That was when TK started to let out some of his anger. “YOU don’t appreciate being lied to?! What about me? You four lied about having other things to do so you wouldn’t come to the Digital World today. I knew about it long before now: the four emails all sent at about the same time and only to me, Yolei’s mother saying she wasn’t expecting any big shipments for their family’s store for a while, plus Kari trying to tip me off just before school, which she didn’t have to because I knew you guys were up to something.”

This shocked Davis a little. “Kari, you tried to warn him?”

“Davis… I… I had to. He’s my best friend-.”

Kari stopped when she heard TK give a cold, empty laugh. “Don’t make me laugh, Hikari Kamiya! IF you really were my best friend, you would have come right out and told me about you four setting me up.”

“Hold it, TK! YOU’RE the one who’s been seeing Ken behind our backs after all.”

Ken decided quickly that he should try entering the argument. “Yolei, it is true that TK and I have been working together, but only very recently.”

“And what have we done other than destroy control spires?” added Stingmon. “That’s why we’re here now, to prevent more spires from getting close to the Primary Village.”

“We don’t trust Ken,” Cody said flatly.

“But I do,” TK shot back.

“TK,” Angemon said, trying to calm TK down, but it was no use. His friend was letting out his anger and there would be no stopping him now.

“I believe that he wants to make up for his past deeds,” TK went on. “People make mistakes. My brother once left our group and even challenged Tai over the right of leadership, but he admitted he was wrong and made up for that.”

“So now it’s finally come out,” Davis spoke up, pointing at TK. “You’re following your brother’s lead by challenging my leadership, and you’ve even become partners with Ken to do it!”

Raidramon, like Armadillomon and the others, had been silent since the argument began. However, he now saw that Davis was trying to twist the facts and make TK look bad. He had to do something. TK was his friend, if not Davis’. “Come on, Davis! That’s crazy talk.”

“I agree,” Nefertimon said. “Kari and I have known TK a lot longer than you, Yolei or Cody. What evidence have you that he would betray us?”

“But what if he’s right?”

Now all eyes were on Kari. “Sometimes good people do go bad. Even the ones we least expect.”

That was it. TK could handle being accused by the newer kids, but now Kari? “I knew you’d take his side,” he stated, almost shouting. “And why not? He is your boyfriend! Don’t try denying it; I’ve known since you first kissed him and promised to keep your relationship a secret form everyone, even me!”

Everyone was shocked by TK’s outburst: Ken, Angemon, Raidramon and Stingmon, because TK had said it; Kari, because he knew; and the others because they never knew. Davis was surprised, but not by much. His plan to hurt TK didn’t go exactly as he planned. However, he could tell TK was hurting.

“TK,” Kari tried to speak. “I… I never meant to hurt you-.”

“Newsflash, Kari: YOU DID! But you want to know why it really hurts me so much? It’s not because we were friends, but because I love you, and I thought, from the way you acted and talked, that you loved me, too. In fact, I was looking for you that day to tell you how I felt when I found you admitting your love to Davis. I heard everything up to the point where you promised him you’d keep your relationship a secret. After that, I couldn’t bear looking at you or him-.”

“Wait a minute. You were spying on me?!”

“Sounds like it to me,” Davis said quickly. This was turning out better for him than he had planned. By admitting he followed Kari, TK had dug his own grave. “It’s like I’ve been trying to tell you, Kari. TJ here isn’t trustworthy.”

“But weren’t YOU the one who made her promise not to tell even him about you two going out?” Ken asked.

“No one asked you,” Yolei spat.

“How was I to know she would choose you,” TK tried to explain.

“Then you were spying on me,” Kari said. “…Maybe Davis is right. No, I believe he’s right.”

“Why, Kari? Why him?! At least tell me the reason; you owe me that much!”

“I owe you nothing,” Kari shot back. “Davis may be thick-headed at times, but he’s looked out for me and always makes sure I’m okay.”

“Was he there for you when Piedmon tried to kill us after turning our brothers and the older kids into key chains,” TK asked. “Was he there for you when you were taken to the Dark Ocean?”

“Where you probably sent me?”

“You really are hopeless, you know that? I can’t believe I wasted my time with a weak, insecure little princess like you!”

“WELL YOU, TAKERU TAKAISHI, ARE NOTHING BUT A CRYBABY WHO SAYS HE NEEDS FRIENDS BUT THEN TURNS HIS BACK ON THEM! THAT’S HOW YOU WERE WHEN WE FIRST MET, AND YOU HAVEN’T CHANGED ONE BIT!”

Silenced followed after Kari’s screaming. No one dared moved, save for Davis as he grinned from ear-to-ear.

Leomon was shocked by the whole argument from the beginning. This group of kids were more dysfunctional than the previous Digi-destined, and now it seemed that lines would be drawn between the group. He wanted to help, but he knew very little, and figured he wouldn’t be much help.

TK’s eyes were at their widest. What he had said before was now true; he had wasted his time, and feelings, on Kari. They could never be anything more than friends. Now they wouldn’t even be that. Total strangers, that’s what they were now, he realized.

Cody, Yolei, and their Digimon couldn’t speak. While they felt Kari’s outburst was uncalled for, they were angry with TK for accepting Ken’s story that he had reformed.

Finally, TK turned away from Kari’s gaze. His eyes closed, not wanting to look at anything or anyone, not even Ken or Angemon. “Then so be it,” was all he said, his voice shaking a little as he tried hard to fight back the coming tears. He had wasted enough of them on Kari that one night almost a week ago.

“Aww, is the li’l baby gonna cwy now,” Davis sneered as he approached TK. “You heard Kari; she’s my girl and not yours. But, I’m feeling sorry for you, so tell you what: you tell Ken here to get lost, and you’ll be forgiven-.”

At that moment, the last thing anyone expected to happen came true. TK spun on his heel and rammed his fist into Davis’ face to send the other boy sprawling to the ground near Kari’s feet. Totally surprised by this, Davis didn’t even acknowledge the mix of dirt and blood in his mouth.

TK’s face was full of rage and it caused Yolei and Kari to gasp at the sight of him. His white hat had flown off when he turned so quickly and now lay at the feet of Nefertimon. He, nor anyone else, noticed it.

“The hell with you,” he spat at Davis as Kari moved to help her boyfriend to his feet. His voice was calm, yet everyone could detect the ice in his words. “I won’t abandon the only real human friend I have left among this gathering.”

They watched as TK turned to the direction of the monitor he and Ken had come from with their Digimon. “The next time we meet,” he said, “it won’t be as friends. …Or allies.” Having said this, TK started to walk away, Angemon, Stingmon and Ken following behind him.

Reality finally set in as Davis fixed his eyes on TK’s retreating form. “He’s not getting away with this!”

However, Leomon stepped directly between TK’s group and the others. “There has been enough fighting among yourselves for one day. You all should go home.”

“What about the spires?” Hawkmon asked.

“Leomon can handle them. I’ll vouch for him.”

Everyone looked to see Sora and Biyomon emerge from the nearby trees. “I didn’t hear much of what was said,” she said, “but I heard enough that you four should call it a day.”

“But Sora-!”

“I said now, Davis! And don’t even think of going after TK and Ken. You all did enough damage to your friendship, even TK.”

Reluctantly, Davis and the others started their journey home. Sora watched them go, but then looked in the direction TK had gone.

“It appears neither of us were of any help this day,” Leomon said sadly.

Sora could only nod. Biyomon said nothing. She knew nothing about what had just happened, but would wait until Sora could explain it all to her.


************************************************************************ ********


Nancy Takaishi sat on her son’s bed as TK wept loudly into her lap. She had gotten home just before TK and Ken had returned from the Digital World, and was told everything, along with Matt, by Ken as TK failed to hold back his despair. When she heard enough, she had sent Ken and Wormmon home and had Matt take Patamon to his apartment so she and TK could be alone.

It was a lot to absorb, but now Nancy finally knew what was going on between Kari and TK. As her son buried his face in her lap, she simply looked down upon him while placing a hand to his head.

TK had no reason to hold back the pain in his heart. He lost his best friend and first love as well as his friends all at once, Nancy knew. Why shouldn’t he cry?

“Let it all out, TK,” she said softly, stroking his short hair. “Don’t hold back.”

“But,” TK sobbed. “But… I don’t know why I’m crying! I shouldn’t be crying over Kari!”

“Because you loved her very much. She was your first love.”

“But why? Why did it have to be her? I thought she was my friend and she lied to me! She lied to me!!”

“Yes, she did lie. You’re not crying now because you’re a crybaby, TK. You’re crying because you’ve matured more than you should have due to your first travels to the Digital World. This is the first step in accepting the loss of your first love.”

There was more to it than that, but Nancy said no more, allowing TK to sob even harder. She knew he had been betrayed by the closest friend he had, and it only made the pain worse.

As night fell, mother and son remained as they were. It was only minutes later that TK gave one last sob before he fell into a deep sleep.

Nancy didn’t move until she was sure her son was asleep. Gently, she lifted his head before moving off the bed and placing his pillow under him before walking away. She turned off his computer, after signing him off his email and instant messenger accounts, and left his room, leaving the lights off.

“I’m sorry, TK” she whispered to herself as she made her way to her own room. Tears were falling from her face, pained from watching her son suffer.


************************************************************************ ********


Kari laid awake in her bed, unable to sleep like her brother and Gatomon in the upper bunk. She was curled up tight under her blankets, TK’s white hat clutched in her hands. She had taken it while no one else had noticed.

What possessed her to say those things to TK earlier? How could she accuse him of spying on her, and worst of all, call him a crybaby? Did she really value her love for Davis more than TK’s friendship? More than the fact that TK indeed saved her life twice?

The words she had shouted at TK rang in her ears, louder than the ones TK had said to her. They haunted her since she and the others returned to the real world, but were at their loudest now that all was silent in her apartment.

“What have I done,” she muttered as tears filled her eyes. Her fingers grew tighter around TK’s hat while her thumb stroked the fabric. “What have I done?

“…What have I become?”



End Episode 3


Next: Still in pain, TK stays home from school at the urgings of his mother. Ken, Kari, and the others deal with the fall out of yesterday’s events while Tai calls a meeting of the older kids to discuss the situation. Meanwhile, more control spires are appearing in the Digital World as a new enemy, Arukenimon, appears. Is she connected to the email Ken received? And what happens when Nancy visits her ex-husband at his apartment?

Author’s notes: This was a tough chapter to write. I didn’t even look at the original chapters 2 and 3 from the first version of this series because I wanted to try and make things different a little. I just hope this has a similar, if not better, effect than its predecessors.

Some things I decided to save for later, like Gatomon leaving Kari to be with Patamon, and Cody confronting TK about Ken. Also, I was going to have Sora talk with TK as the end for this chapter, but I decided to go with him sobbing and save that scene for later. The scene where he cries to his mother was inspired by an episode of “Cardcaptor Sakura,” where Mei Ling deals with Li being in love with Sakura (See CCS DVD 16: Friends in Need for that ep). I also got the idea from a friend of mine who went through a more violent (meaning he trashed his room at home) getting over of his first love (hope you are okay now, buddy).

So when will chapter 4 be? Well, I’m still job hunting, plus I also have part 3 of New Destiny 3 and part 2 of Boyz Endless Waltz to finish. Sorry to make you guys wait so long, but I only have myself to blame for waiting until AFTER I got out of college to find a job.

TTFN!

-Robster80