Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Dark Journey ❯ Tamer World ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5 Tamer world
 
“Beep. You have mail.” Janyu sighed as he typed furiously. Henry was missing. Takato was missing. Rika was missing. They'd just disappeared, along with their digimon. He'd only recently heard from Yamaki, learning it had something to do with the Digital world, but that even though Yamaki had actually found and contacted Ryo, he could find nothing about the 3 of them. He started cursing when his work was interrupted by the email opening itself. Then he stopped, and took a second look. He blinked.
 
“Mayumi! Get in here, it's an Email from Henry!” The phone rang, and he grabbed it, not surprised in the slightest at the voice he heard.
 
“Janyu, it's Yamaki. I just got…”
 
“So did I. From Henry.”
 
“We don't know if it's authentic Janyu, but whoever the hell sent it is a damned good hacker. He put a prioty option on the email, so it opened itself.”
 
“Same here.”
 
“He said he's trying to establish a video connection. Can you get down here? It looks like the signal is coming out of the digital world, but it isn't anything we've seen before, and it seems to have no actual source. Much as I hate to say it, you still know more about these digimon than I do.”
 
“Already on my way.” He got up to go. Mayumi came in. “You got something from Henry?”
 
“yes, he's fine. I've got to head out for a minute, but if I'm right, I may be able to actually find Henry.” She nodded. He grabbed his coat and shoes, and dashed out the door.
 
By the time he arrived at Hypnos, things were in chaos. Yamaki was waiting for him in person. “We've determined the signal's source is being routed through the digital world, and hacking into Earth's communications network via Hypnos itself.”
 
“The email said it was by sender BladedBrain. Have you found anything on them?”
 
“They don't exist. Not on this earth.”
 
“This Earth?”
 
“You'll see.”
 
They proceeded up to the monitoring room. “Riley, put it on screen. Please.” She smiled underneath her visor as she complied with the “Request.”
 
“Still getting used to being married Yamaki?”
 
“Hmph.” On the monitor was a data path, showing the signal coming out of the Digital world and tapping into global communications. Along the way, it traces to something else, a communications network nearly identical to that of Earth's.
 
“oh. But the source isn't that either?”
 
Yamaki nodded. “it appears to be simply a routing point. The computer doing the routing identifies as belonging to an `Izzy Izumi.'”
 
“That's familiar.”
 
“It should be, your son ought to have watched the show.”
 
“Wait, you mean?”
 
“Exactly. Izzy Izumi is a character in the digimon television show. He happens to be something of a computer wizard.”
 
“Sir, They're still trying to establish a video connection. I'm afraid if we don't allow it, we could crash the network, this is causing so much interference.”
 
“Janyu, think you can help us establish a stable connection?”
 
Janyu didn't answer. He'd already got down to work. Soon a giant screen appeared on the wall of the dome, and a picture appeared in it.
 
Henry, Rika, and Takato knelt on the grass. Takato was in the middle, Rika on his right side, Henry on his left. Next to them was a kid in his middle teens, who was completely unknown (Zach). A smaller screen also appeared, holding an image of Izzy.
 
“Henry!” Janyu shouted in jubilation at the site of his son, Terriermon perched on his head. Guilmon appeared in the background, as did Renamon.
 
“Hey Dad. How is everyone?” said Henry as he gave a nervous smile.
 
“Worried sick.”
 
“Are you kid's alright. And who exactly are you two?”
 
“My name is Zach Mercanice, but you won't find me in any of your databases. I don't come from your world.”
 
“I'm Izzy Izumi. According to Henry, you should have a small amount of information on me, probably listed under fiction. Can I presume you are Mr. Yamaki?”
 
“You can.”
 
“Well, I'd say we have a lot to talk about, but let's get the basics out of the way first, before I bore those 3 to death.”
 
“Good idea.”
 
Zach broke in at this point. “as you've probably determined from the signal, we aren't from or on your earth. you may also have identified a communications network nearly identical to the one on your earth. it is a separate earth, one of at least 3 others different from your own. However, only Izzy is present on that earth. The place we are at is known as the Dark area, or the Dark ocean by common misconception. The Dark area is more accurate. There is a small amount of information liking existing on the net as part of any digimon fan websites dedicated to providing information on the digimon fiction universe.”
 
“Riley, check that. Please.
 
“On it.”
 
“But why are you at the Dark area?”
 
“The members of my groups summoned a series of Digi-destined from 4 alternate earths to the Dark Area, for the purposes of defeating the 7 great demon lords. Thanks in part to the efforts of the tamers and other children from your world, we are now only dealing with 6 of them.”
 
“What happened to the seventh?”
 
“Well, he's Beelzemon,” Takato chimed in.
 
“What?”
 
“The seven great demon lords are 7 of the most powerful of evil digimon, united together in an effort to take over both the digital and real worlds. The original five, of which Zach there is a part of, managed to scatter and imprison them on separate digtal worlds, with 3 of the most powerful ending up together trapped in a completely isolated sector of the Dark Area, which has split off from the rest when it fragmented.”
 
“It broke apart?”
 
“Sort of. We basically caused a division in the very structure of the Digital world, splitting it into 4 fragments, 3 of them attaching themselves to separate earths. One of them encountered the digimon created by you, Mr. Wong, and created the digital world. Or possibly the fragment planted ideas into your unconscious, guiding you are your friends into creating new digimon to populate and repare this digital world fragment, completing it. It may be this crossover of identical or near identical digital worlds and lifeforms that allowd the very, and I mean very, unique creation of these digignomes of yours, which apparently exist on no other digital world. Certainly they weren't around back when we we're first fighting.”
 
“Anyways, What does this have to do with you summoning the children?”
 
“Megidramon. When he caused that near meltdown, he broke the isolation barrier on the Dark area fragment we had imprisoned the Demon lords and ourselves on, their leader was able to reach out and begin reconstructing the Dark area. He's finished, with an unforeseen and very deadly side effect.”
 
“no… it's pulling the digital fragments with it, isn't it? Their trying to reform into one complete whole.”
 
“exactly. The problem is they are no longer incomplete 4ths. They are complete wholes in their own right. So they're going to basically collide and destroy most of the digital life on them. Worse still, they'll drag the earths they've attached themselves to with them.”
 
There was complete silence. Then, “How do we know this is the truth Yamaki?”
 
“We don't, but we don't have much choice. If there's one thing true about his story, it's that there are alternate earth's out there. You can't fake an entire communications network. And the Children are nowhere to be found in this world or the digital one. So either you can block the signals from their D-arcs, or they aren't here.”
 
“Henry. Look at me son.” Janyu stepped back to get a good view. He looked directly back at Henry. Henry looked directly back at him. A signal no other could possibly understand, comprehend, or fake passed between them, something taught to Henry by his father as a way of always knowing if he was who he said he was, or if those accompanying him were telling the truth to his knowledge. “Yamaki, trust them. There isn't a doubt in my mind or heart that's Henry, and he trusts them.”
 
Yamaki nodded. Then something beeped. He pressed his mic to his ear. “Send them up. I know exactly who it is, I told them to come, now send them up.” He turned to the screen. “Your parents and friends are here. I contacted when I got the email. I sent a message saying to come as soon as we started our little chat here. Your friends are here to.”
 
Henry, Takato, and Rika has been sitting nervously throughout the talk, mostly because they had little to contribute. They were relieved that they'd get to see their families, but a little worried about their reactions.
 
Slowly, everyone appeared on screen, though they were a little hard to distinguish.
 
“Hey mom, Dad.”
 
“Hey mom.”
 
“Hey mom, grandma.”
 
“Hey chum lee!”
 
“You guys get all the fun.”
 
“Hi guys”
 
Impmon and Ai and Mako had apparently come also.
 
Jeri looked up at them all, smiled, and said, “hi Takato.”
 
Rika eyed him, and flicked him.
 
“uh, hi Jeri, Kazu, Kenta, Everyone. Sorry we didn't write sooner.”
 
“Yamaki, what the hell is actually going on here? Where are they and when are you bringing them back?”
 
“Calm down Mr. Matsuda. We're answer all your questions as best we can.”
 
A quick review was given, which basically just said Takato, Rika, and Henry, along with their partners, had been summoned to help save several worlds from annihilation. Of course, they couldn't say just that, it was too simple.
 
“so you can't come back?”
 
“Sorry, no.”
 
“Dammit Yamaki, how did this happen? I thought you were monitoring this kind of thing!”
 
“Don't blame him, We only know because we tried to stop Barbamon, and we lost. He'd never have detected this till it was way too late.” Zach spoke in Yamaki's defense.
 
“You! How dare you summon our children without warning or consent, and put them in such extreme danger!”
 
“Hey we didn't really have a choice. Would you rather have them there, being useless, or here, saving every single one of you? And we didn't know Barbamon would find them BEFORE we summoned them and attack and injure Takat… oh damn.”
 
“Nice o…”
 
“WHAT! Takato, you're hurt? What happened! Will you be alright? Or my poor son, my poor son.”
 
“I'm fine mom, really. It burns a bit, but I'm fine. Zach treated it, Rika watched me the whole time, I'm nearly good as new now.”
 
“Rika, you aren't hurt, are you?”
 
“no, I'm fine.”
 
“Henry?”
 
“We're all ok Mom.”
 
“So, There's no way of bringing you back? And you don't want to come back?”
 
Rika and Henry and Takato all looked to each other, then nodded. Takato spoke for them. “We got called her to do a job. We nearly got killed before we even got here, while we were still back in our world. We aren't any safer there. We're seeing this through. We're going to beat the 7 Demon Lords, well, 6 of them, stop the worlds from colliding, and then come home.”
 
“Guilmon, anything particular I can make for you for when you return?” Mr. Matsuda asked, having decided there was nothing else for it.
 
“Guilmon bread!”
 
“Guilmon bread it is. You look after Takato now. And you kids look after each other.” He looked at each of them.
 
“Don't worry, we will.” Rika replied, unconsciously clasping Takato's hand in her own.
 
“Terriermon, we're counting on you.”
 
“Momentai.”
 
“Renamon, you'll look after Rika?”
 
“Of course, although it appears I may no longer be her primary protector.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
Rika answered, clasping Takato's hand more tightly as she did so. He clasped hers in reassurance. “Takato got hurt saving me. He saw the shot, and I didn't. Neither did Renamon.”
 
“Takato, how can I thank you… wait, are you two?” Rika's mother had noticed the clasped hands, and gasped in realization of something.
 
Rika blushed a little, but did not remove her hand from Takato's. “Well…”
 
Kazu, catching on, looked at the two on screen, then at Jeri, then blinked. “But, I thought she was into Ryo, and you and Jeri…”
 
“Takato and I broke up over a year ago Kazu, just before the Locomon incident,” informed him calmly. She smiled. *At least he's happy. That's all a girl can wish for in the guy she likes. But I'm not worthy of him. They deserve each other.
 
“Jeez, Kazu, were you the only one who didn't notice that?”
 
“And it is kinda hard to do anything with a guy who's never there.”
 
“But, but, Chum lee? I would have picked Henry over Chum lee,” Kazu stammered out.
 
“No offense to Rika, but no thanks, she's too much of a wild cat for me.”
 
“None taken Henry. Plus I owe you for that punch.”
 
“That still hurts. Watch out for her hook Takato.”
 
He blinked. “Thanks for the warning.” He looked at Rika.
 
“Later.” He nodded.
 
“Takato.” Rika's grandmother was addressing him. “You take care of my granddaughter. And if I find out…”
 
“I'll protect her no matter what. You have my word.” Rika smiled at him. Normally, she didn't want the whole mushy protecting thing in a guy, but there was just something about the determination when he said. He meant every word with every particle of his being. She suddenly realized she'd never felt so secure, even knowing Renamon was always there.
 
“Thank you Takato. I know she's safe with you. Pull yourself together Rumiko.”
 
“Rika, are you sure you're old enough to have a boyfriend?” there it was, somebody had actually said it. Boyfriend. Rika grimaced.
 
“Mom, I'm 15, I'm old enough to start making some decisions about this.”
 
“I just don't want you to make the same mistakes I did.”
 
“Mom, thanks. But I'll be fine. We'll be fine. All of us.” She'd added “all of us” to cover up for the “We'll be fine,” line, which was actually only talking about her and Takato.
 
Goodbyes were finished, and most of families left, along with Kazu, Kenta, and Jerry, Ai, and Mako. Impmon stuck around for a bit.
 
“Henry, is there anything else we can do for you 3?”
 
“Blue Cards.” Zach said.
 
“Blue cards? You mean the cards shibumi made?”
 
Henry nodded.
 
“We have 1. I understand the concept, but I've no way to actually create more. I need to see if you can't make them, and then fine a way to send them to me. Without, Henry, Rika and Takato won't be able to digivolve to ultimate, of course, that's assuming they can digivolve to champion first.”
 
“Why would they need champion or ultimate? Just go Mega and whoop those demon's rears.” Impmon chimed in.
 
“The Dark area has a very unusually effect on digivolution. Like a weaker version of the Control Spires, but there's no way to stop it. You can look up control spires on the digimon show websites, by the way.
 
“So they can't digivolve?” Zach nodded affirmatively.
 
“We have 3, maybe 5 digimon that can digivolve to champion right now. Well, 2, maybe 4, and one digimon that is always champion level.”
 
“Blazermon is always champion? Kinda like leomon or guardromon.” Zach nodded again.
 
“The Dark area, unlike Control spires, doesn't affect virus types, or at least not as much. So theoretically, Guilmon and Ken's Wormmon should still be able to digivolve relatively easily into champions. But it's nearly impossible for digimon, even virus types, to digivolve to ultimate or mega, especially to mega.”
 
“Then what hope do you have? If most of you can't even digivolve, what's the point of the rest of you being there?”
 
“oh, everyone is going to digivolve. I'm confident of that. It will just take some time, which is why we have to take out some of the easy targets first.”
 
“If you're done with your goodbyes, you can go for now. Izzy, Yamaki, and I have a few things to discuss.” The 3 nodded, and walked off to talk and think. Renamon went off by herself, while Guilmon and Terriermon went off to hang out with the other digimon. Blazermon was doing fire tricks. Henry, paused, walked back, and looked straight at Impmon.
 
“Impmon, can we trust you to take care of things back there? You're the first line of defense.”
 
“Course, anything comes here meaning to do damage, it's gonna get blasted.”
 
“Impmon, I want to tell you something. You know the 7 great demon lords we're fighting? And how there are only 6?”
 
“yeah, so? One less to worry about.”
 
Henry looked at Zach, who nodded. “You're #7. as Beelzemon anyways.”
 
“WAH!?”
 
“well, you were, but either way, you're still our friend, and we're counting on you to defend everyone.”
 
“Thanks for the truth Henry.” *I'm a Freakin Great Demon Lord! Or was. But I don't want to be one anymore, do i? I like being me, and having friends. Ai and Mako would probably think it was cool, but I still shouldn't tell anyone. I don't want to be doubted again.*
 
As Henry walked away, Renamon appeared next to him. “That was a brave thing you just did.”
 
“he deserves to know what he used to be. I think it will make him stronger.”
 
“Maybe it will.” She faded away again.
 
 
“Mr. Yamaki, can you keep this connection open? Izzy will do the same. By doing this, we can always be able to reach you when we need to. I apologize, but I won't be able to permanently hold the connection open on this end. I can't afford to leave my laptop on or behind.”
 
Yamaki nodded. “Not a problem. Janyu, do you think we can gather up all your old playmates again? It seems to me this is as big as the D-Reaper, if you're sure about this.”
 
“Janyu nodded. I'll go do that.”
 
“now, anything else?”
 
“Izzy, take it away.”
 
“Thanks Zach. Mr. Yamaki, there is another world out there we want to contact. They have a very similar digimon situation to your own, well, in that digimon were supposed to be kept secret from the public, but eventually a near catastrophic event caused digimon to become known to the public.”
 
“How do you plan to contact them?”
 
“The same way we contacted you. The orignization no longer exists, but its members are bound to be searching for their friends.”
 
“but let me guess, this one is far more distant from either of you than we were, so you need Hypnos's processing power?”
 
Zach and Izzy both nodded. “Alright, tell me what you need.”
 
They quickly got down to business and explained the plan.