Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Dark Journey ❯ Plans for Battle ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9 Plans for Battle
 
*To all those who read this, first thanks, second, review it so I know what you think of it, that way I can make improvements. I also take suggestions as to digimon that can be used as part of the armies of the evil ones.*
 
 
 
 
Takato and Rika were among the last to wake up. They ate their share of “breakfast” quickly, wishing the Dark area worked like their digital worlds, where food wasn't a necessity.
 
After that, they headed out, stopping about an hour and a half later. They couldn't actually see the dark ocean yet.
 
“Right, what digimon here are good at stealth and recon?” Morgan requested of the team.
 
“Me.” Renamon spoke up.
 
“Me.” Koji volunteered.
 
“I'm go.” Falcomon stood up.
 
“Wormmon can do this.”
 
“Blazermon and Commandramon too.” Tina reminded Morgan.
 
“ok, sounds good.”
 
Yolie sighed, so did Hawkmon. “If only I could armor digivolve to Shurimon.”
 
“Don't get depressed about it Hawkmon, we know you'll make it up later.”
 
“Of course.” He answered in his British accent, ready to prove himself in the fight.
 
The 6 digimon dispersed. Cody, done thinking, spoke up. “I can take submarimon out if you like.”
 
“no.” was all Leo said.
 
“You go in that water now, Dragomon will know we are here. And you won't come back out. No scouting underwater, we want to lure Dragomon out, not get lured in.” Tina explained.
 
Cody nodded.
 
“But if you really must, we could use you as bait later.” Lucas added.
 
Cody grinned. “Sure, little danger never hurt anyone.”
 
General, but miraculously quiet, laughter broke out at this.
 
After a while, the digimon reported back in. There were regular patrols of Devidramon in the sky, with Gesomon in the oceans, BomberNanimon and Dark servants in the forests. By listening to the ever chatty, and temperamental, BomberNanimon, it was learned Dragomon had acquired to Virus generals for himself, one of them was an IceDevimon. Whether it was one of those faced by any of the digi-destined before this wasn't known. The other was a Cyclonemon. Wormmon had overheard them complaining about a high alert status, and the lack of soda.
 
“So, if we take out the generals, maybe we'll be able to lure out Dragomon,” suggested TK.
 
“I'm game.” Davis was ready to roll out that instant.
 
“calm down for a moment Davis. How do we lure out the generals?” asked Ken.
 
“I don't think we'll have to, not if we don't want to. IceDevimon and Cyclonemon aren't aquatic types, I be they live aboveground somewhere. Cyclonemon will be easy to lure out, just take out some guards, if we knock him out of the fight, IceDevimon might come out, if not, we could just go for him. Either way, we'll likely learn where their land base is.” That was all from Takuya.
 
“Smart thinking Takuya. I didn't know you had it in.” Koji teased.
 
“Why tha… hey!” Takuya took a swipe at Koji, who dodged.
 
“so we should start attacking the guards?”
 
“hit and run tactics. Don't expose yourself, vanish fast as you can. You don't even have to destroy them.” Tina outlined a simple strategy, augmented by ideas from several others, including Masaru, who volunteered to have himself and GeoGreymon stay insight of the enemy. The idea was excepted. Blazermon would back him up with Takuya and Koji.
 
Digimon digivolved, pairs set out for the attack.
 
They started striking, only quick shots, then fading away. At the same time, Renamon, stingmon, and Sealsdramon were tasked with following the enemy discreetly, so as to locate their land base, if there indeed was one. They find it rather quickly.
 
At that moment, inside. “What's this about attacks? Who's attacking us?” Cyclonemon demanded.
 
The dark servant bowed. “They attacked many of us, destroying us, then disappeared. There is a greymon type, as well as an angel type and two raidramons.”
 
“Two armors? No, one of them will be that champion type we heard about,” IceDevimon commented. “patrol the whole of the forest. If you find them, let us know.”
 
Another dark servant entered. “Leaders, the Greymon type has not disappeared, but remains near the beach, destroying all comers.”
 
“oh ho, it does? I'll take care of it.” Cyclonemon went forward, eager for a good fight.
 
IceDevimon chuckled to himself, figuring it was a trap. So be it, Cyclonemon would take care of it anyways, and if he didn't, well, it would save IceDevimon the trouble of eliminating his “partner.”