Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Dark Journey ❯ Boss Fight Anyone? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10 Boss Fight anyone?
 
***Sorry this took so long people, been extra busy lately. Thanks to all who are reading this, enjoy. We are going to have several chapters of straight action next. If you care to contact me for whatever, email me at Forger03@aim.com oh yeah, and something I've been forgetting. I do not own digimon, or any of its associations, I'm just a guy writing a story with someone else's characters. That is all.
 
“Hyper Heat,” exclaimed Cyclonemon, targeting GeoGreymon.
 
“Flame toss!” shouted Takuya, but the fireball, large as it was, didn't do any damage.
 
“Licht Nagel!” said Koji, but his light nail also failed.
 
“Blazer kick!” Blazermon tried to attack Cyclonemon, but he was swatted aside by the gigantic arm.
 
Geogreymon was still standing after the Hyper Heat attack, but that didn't mean he could take more. “Mega Flame!” he fired, but again, the giant arm came into play.
 
“We need to take out that Arm!” Takuya shouted.
 
“We need to Spirit Evolve!”
 
“We can't!”
 
“Have you tried?”
 
Takuya paused for the barest moment before having to leap out of the way. “Good point.” He pulled out his D-Tector, Koji did the same, but just then…
 
“Arm Bomber!” it was aimed at GeoGreymon. Blazermon leapt in the way, and tried to block it, but even he couldn't handle it. The shot also impacted GeoGreymon, knocking both digimon down.
 
“Blazermon! You alright?” Leo came dashing over, as Masaru ran towards GeoGreymon.
 
“I'm down, but I'm not out. You gotta respect that arm though.” Leo nodded.
 
“Right, no more fooling around. Koji, Let's do this! Spirit Evolution!” Takuya grinned as he activated his evolution. “Flamemon spirit evolve to Agunimon!”
 
“Sprit Evolution! Strabimon spirit evolve to Lobomon!”
 
The two looked at each other, grinned, nodded, and attacked. This was just the usual now, work together, take out the bad dudes, purify and load data. Of course, that this particular enemy was far more powerful than normal tended to make things still not go as planned. Cyclonemon wasn't a “General” for naught, and his arm was still one tough 5m thick concrete wall to crack.
 
“Pyro Punch!”
 
“Lobo Kendo!”
 
Cyclonemon blocked both attacks, but was driven backwards, forced to move a foot to keep his balance. He'd lost the edge in this fight.
 
“Alright Blazermon, let's get back in there!” Leo shouted, grinning and charging.
 
“Are you with me, Geogreymon?” Masaru asked, doing the same.
 
“Mega Flame!”
 
“Blazer rocket!”
 
The attacks of four champions against one, even if that one is a pumped up champion that rival's an ultimate, is still a bit much to handle. Cyclonemon found himself getting pushed. He decided it was time to push back, hard. “Arm Bomber!” he cried.
 
His arm shot out, attempting to smash into Geogreymon. This time though, it was not impeded. Geogreymon caught the arm, took the blow, then fired pointblank, just as lobomon, agnimon, and Blazermon attacked, hitting him all over. Then a fifth attack pierced him.
 
“Death Behind,” whispered Sealsdramon as he stabbed a vital nerve point, and exposed weakpoint, on the colossal arm.
 
“AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!&# 8221; screamed Cyclonemon as he yanked his arm painfully from the grasp of Geogreymon. “Hyper Heat!” He called, blasting the ground about him.
 
When the dust cleared, he had fled.
 
“Ma'am, he's heading that way, towards Henry and Terriermon!” Sealsdramon called, dashing after the enraged, and injured, digimon.
 
Henry looked up as Cyclonemon came his way. He and Terriermon had been given lookout duty, because they couldn't digivolve yet, and because he was a much better coordinator and director than any of the others who fit that first specification. “Terriermon, digivolve!” He grabbed out a card, and swiped it through his D-Arc. “Digi-Modify! Digivolution activate!” it failed. Terriermon did not digivolve. Henry stared, awestruck and confused, about to be trampled. He was saved by the timely intervention of Lobomon and Agunimon, who got in front of Cyclonemon and diverted him. Geogreymon grabbed onto his arm, alongside Blazermon. Sealsdramon had targeted another weakpoint.
 
“To the left and down, right below his neck!” he directed Lobomon and Agunimon. They looked at each other and grinned. Hadn't used this one in a while.
 
“Shining Burn Slash!” the called together, as Agunimon emitted a giant flame dragon that wrapped around Cyclonemon, and Lobomon shot out a blast of brilliant light.
 
Cyclonemon survived even that, but badly burned, steaming, cut and bruised. “Arm Bomber!” he shouted, smashing Geogreymon and Blazermon off of him, then swatting aside Sealsdramon, Agunimon, and Lobomon. He disappeared, or so he thought. Sealsdramon managed to keep track of him and followed.
 
The others de-digivolved, and Tina ran up to Henry.
 
“Henry, are you ok? You look pale.” She touched his shoulder. He jerked it away.
 
“Henry!” Terriermon chided him.
 
“Wha? Oh, sorry Tina, I'm just, I don't get it, nearly everyone else has managed to digivolve. Back in my world, Terriermon was the first of us to do it. But here, I feel useless.” He sat down on the ground, downcast. Tina sat next to him and put a hand on his shoulder again. This time, he didn't jerk away. Terriermon hopped onto his shoulder.
 
“Hey don't sweat it, I'll get it soon enough.” He commented.
 
Tina just smiled. “Maybe you just need a purpose, a reason to fight, and you haven't found a good one. Like back with that Mantis digimon, Guilmon digivolved from Takato's desire to protect Rika. And Renamon digivolve out of Rika's need for help and her own desire to protect her Tamer. You just haven't really found something to drive you in this battle. There doesn't seem to be any truly clear direction here, just a general idea.”
 
“Yeah, maybe that is the problem. I really don't know what I'm fighting for here, I mean, I know we have to save all the earths and digital worlds, but always, when Terriermon has digivolved, I've felt a real need somewhere, a reason to fight right then, right there. Guess I need to find that. Thanks Tina.” He looked at her and smiled. She smiled back.
 
“Come on you two, let's catch up with Sealsdramon and Take out IceDevimon and Finish Cyclonemon!” Leo started calling just then.
 
“Right, let's go.” Henry got up, Tina followed, and all of them set off to meet up with the others while they got the report.
 
Everyone reassembled quickly at the meeting point. Renamon, Falcomon, and Sealsdramon cut straight to the chase, identifying the base for Cyclonemon and IceDevimon. It was less of a base, more of an impromptu palace, if such a thing exists. Lavishness galore spilled through it, but only in the center, and in the interior. The exterior was not so grand, although the lavish look of what lay within spilled out somewhat.
 
“I say we go straight in. Hold a few of us in reserve, and go in guns blazing. They know we're out here, and we should take out Cyclonemon before he has a chance to recover,” Davis was saying.
 
“I'm with Davis,” stated Takuya.
 
“We need more intel.” Henry was sure everything would go against them if they rushed in.
 
“Hey, we beat Icedevimon before, and Guilmon didn't even digivolve! How hard can it be?” Takato said.
 
“You're joking right. Just regular old Devimon made me use up all my energy as Angemon.” Patamon chimed in.
 
“Yeah, and this guy's in his element here, in the Dark area, he'll be even stronger.”
 
“We faced an IceDevimon who was at least as strong as an Ultimate back in our world. Well, the others did. And they won. We have numbers on our side, and we have a cause, a reason to fight. We have to win, right? Everyone is counting on us, and if we can't beat them here, where we have an edge, however slight, in that they won't expect a frontal attack like this, we have to use it. Cause if we can't do this here, now, how the hell can we against anyone else?” Takuya stared into their faces, one by one.
 
“I'm sold,” stated Ken. Yolie and Kari nodded.
 
“Let's do it, eh Masaru? Agumon?” Leo eyed them both. They grinned and nodded. Blazermon nodded.
 
“I'd forgotten how inspired you could be sometimes, Takuya. I'm in,” Koji added his piece.
 
“I say we go for it.” Rika stated flatly. “Renamon?” Renamon nodded.
 
“Alright, Terriermon, you ready?”
 
“Momentai.”
 
“very funny there, little buddy. I say go. What about you girl?” Zach looked at Slicemon, who gave her own affirmative.
 
“You're a girl?” an astounded Takato asked.
 
“Later stick for brains. We have plans to decide.” Lucas knocked lightly on Takato's head. “Let's go for this. Time is of the essence, the longer we sit here, the faster we're found, the more they recover, the sooner we find the tables turned.”
 
“Alright, let's go. Anyone object?” if anyone still had doubts, they didn't bother voicing them.
 
“Henry, take Davis, Ken, Kari, and Yolie as reserves. TK and Cody, go with Morgan on the left, Zach go with them. Takuya, Koji, Masaru, Ikuto, and Leo, go straight in. That leaves myself, Lucas, Takato, and Rika on the right. When you hit them from the front, we'll wait for a good opening, and strike from the sides in a pincer movement. Clear?” Everyone nodded.
 
“Go”