Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Dark Journey ❯ Respect, or else... ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11 Respect… or else.
 
“Blazermon will lead in. Takuya, Koji, follow him in. Geogreymon attacks from here until we are engaged, then you can take your fists to him. Peckmon will provide distraction and diversion, attack when you can identify weakpoints, or if either of them leave an opening. And let us know if they try to pull anything, k?
 
“Why are we stuck as the diversion? We can fight!” Falcomon complained.
 
“You two are the fastest we have, and you have the best eyes, so you are the best suited for this task. It has nothing to do with skills in direct combat.” Koji waited to see if he got further argument. He didn't.
 
Things started perfectly. Started perfectly. As it so happens, that's a bad thing, because when thing start perfectly, they can only get worse, since nothing beats perfect. Blazermon shot into battle, followed by Takuya and Koji as planned. Geogreymon did his job spot on, and so did Peckmon, who found and expoited an opening against IceDevimon, who seemed more than happy to come out and play. However, what no one had counted on, for reasons unknown, was interference by the army of evil digimon that IceDevimon and Cyclonemon commanded. Go figure…
 
“Blaze pun... arg!” Blazermon got swatted aside like some many leaves in the wind. Takuya and Koji faired worse, both taking direct hits from IceDevimon's Frozen claw attack. Peckmon found and expoilted and opening at IceDevimon's back. His kunai, even when they exploded, apparently did no damage.
 
At this moment TK and Cody were back to back as they watched Angemon and
Digmon battle various digimon serving these “generals.” Raidramon was down, they'd ganged up on him and taken him out of the fight to start. Even a digimon as experienced and fast as him couldn't avoid 20 separate attacks, all aimed at him successively. Razormon was still fighting, defending the downed Rairdramon, who was still in champion form, meaning he wasn't necessarily out for good.
 
Rika and Takato were similarly encircled, and back to back. Growlmon was giving his all, Kyuubimon was trying to give more. Sealsdramon was kicking ass, literally. His master taijutsu skills were coming in especially handy. Canamon had frozen several enemies solid, allowing Sealsdramon to give them some good hard kicks that shattered them completely.
 
Angemon used “Hand of Fate” to take out a Devidramon, then a second, while digmon taught the bombernanimon a lesson in “Rock Crackin!” it was at this point several Golemon entered the fray.
 
“uh oh, TK! Golemon!” Digmon and Angemon had faced a golemon before. Although it was a control spire digimon, it was still very powerful.
 
TK grimaced, then remembered Angemon. “Angemon, new party guests! These aren't control spires though! Take them down!”
 
“Right. Hand of Fate.” It took a golemon down in one hit. “what? I didn't know I was that good.”
 
“The dark area also makes celestial digimon stronger. The celestial digimon were made to be the keepers of the Dark area, so the designers couldn't have them being weakened by its power.” Zach closed his laptop. “I didn't know that file was on my laptop. Hmmm. Anyways, maybe he can get us out of this. Cody, help me back up Angemon. TK, you're in the lead.”
 
TK nodded. “Angemon, let's teach these guys a lesson. Go for it!”
 
While TK, Cody, Morgan, and Zach had at least evened the tables for now, neither Tina's group nor Leo's could hope to hold out much longer. They were getting tired, both of them. Geogreymon was grappling, or trying to grapple, IceDevimon, but he wasn't doing a good job of it. IceDevimon held him back with one arm. He continued the attack. Blazermon, Agunimon, Lobomon, and Peckmon were all forced to dodge, with rare opportunities to attack.
 
Henry, Davis, Ken, Kari, and Yolie looked at this, and felt helpless. None of them had yet managed to digivolve, and although Davis and Veemon could easily armor digivolve, they were the only ones.
 
“Davis, I can't stand here and watch this, we have to do something,” ken stated, frustrated.
 
“I know what you mean. Come on, Let's go do something about this. Veemon, you with me?”
 
“Yeah!”
 
“Hold on you two, we can't digivolve. How much help are we gonna be?” Henry asked, slightly depressed.
 
“As much help as we can. We're digi-destined. We do things together, or not at all, right?” Davis looked back at Kari and Yolie for support. Kari stepped forward with Gatomon.
 
“Your right Davis. Gatomon, let's show these guys what we can do!”
 
“Yeah! I said I'd fight even if it was just a ball and string, well I'm not that helpless yet!”
 
Yolie stepped forward and stood next to Ken. “if your in, so am i.”
 
Henry looked at all of them, then at IceDevimon. How could they win? They… what was going through his head? He'd been through this before, and beat it. This place, it was messing with him. What had Tina said, find what you're fighting for. What was he fighting for? Friends? Family? Terriermon? Everyone?
 
Henry looked down at Terriermon. “you ready to fight?”
 
“you betcha.”
 
He looked at the other four. “Right, we have to fight, we have to try. If we don't, we'll never win. And we have to win. I'm here to do a job, and I can't go home till I do it. And I want to make sure I have a home to go back to. I want to make sure all of us have a place to go home to.” He took a step forward, walking past a slightly astonished Davis, who was surprised by the swift and sudden change in Henry. Henry quietly said under his breathe, “Calamon, I know you can't hear me, but we need to digivolve, please help us.”
 
And of course, Calamon, playing with Jeri at the time, stopped in the middle of the game to look to the sky. “Someone needs me… ok, here I go!”
 
“Digi-modify! Digivolution activate!”
 
“Terriermon, digivolve to… Gargomon!”
 
“Let's go Gargomon! Show that overgrown icicle what we've got!”
 
“Gargo laser!” He fired, blasting IceDevimon with a barrage of lasers, distracting him. He took 5 successive hits, one each from Blazermon, Geogreymon, Agunimon, Lobomon, and Peckmon, after that initial hit.
 
“Ha, you think that can stop me? I laugh at your puny attempts.” But in the face of this bravado, Henry noticed a slight stagger.
 
“It's working, let's hit him again!”
 
“Right!” was the simultaneous ten voice reply.
 
At that moment, “Come on Veemon, let's show big ugly what happens when he messes with Digidestined!”
 
“Right. Veemon, digivolve to… Exveemon! Vee Laser!”
 
“Wormmon digivolve to Stingmon! Spiking strike!”
 
Ken and Davis charged after their digimon, but Kari caught Davis up, and grabbed his arm. “Davis, wait. Let us borrow your digi-eggs, please? We'll be more use if we can digivolve.”
 
“indeed.” Piped up Hawkmon.
 
“Alright, here.”
 
“Yolie, use the digi-egg of friendship!”
 
“Hawkmon, armor digivolve to… Rinkmon!” the strange, skater like digimon now stood there, grinned, and attacked Ice Devimon.
 
“Gatomon, armor digivolve to… Lynxmon!”
 
“Wild nail rush!”
 
At this moment, Takato, Rika, Tina, and Lucas were tired of being trapped while everyone else was moving.
“Kyuubimon!”
“Growlmon!”
“Canamon!”
“Sealsdramon!”
 
“The others are moving, let's not get left behind! Finish these losers!” was the 4 voiced statement.
 
“Right!” was the four voiced reply.
 
“dragon Slash. Pyro Blaster!” Growlmon blasted through a knot of enemies, while Kyuubimon cleaned up the edges. Canamon and Sealsdramon continued their tag team assault. In short order, the enemies were founding the tables turned once more, yet again, as yet again, spirit and digi-destinedness overcame superior numbers. But soon it would be time for the main course, Mr. IceDevimon. And he was not, I repeat, not, a pushover.
 
Henry and Gargomon went in for the attack, but were driven back with lots of ice. The slight stagger Henry had seen was apparently planning to stay nothing more than a slight stagger.
 
“Try hitting him all at once!” Shouted Davis, and a concerted blow came from all of the currently engaged digimon. Blazermon dove in for a triple strike, alongside the warriors, against one of IceDevimon's ankles, hoping to cripple him. It did surprising damage, probably because it was fire, fire, and light, the three weaknesses of IceDevimon.
 
“Now we're talking! Leo, party shuffle!” Leo came in for a running strike, kicking up as Blazermon landed on Leo's foot. Leo then reversed his kick, sending Blazermon catapulting into IceDevimon's forehead. “Blaze Flash!” A blast of flame, powered by fists, erupted into IceDevimon's forehead. He countered though.
 
“Tundra Freeze!” It actually froze Blazermon, who was then swatted aside. Leo ran to him. IceDevimon looked extremely angry, ready to go all out. He started combining his own attacks, blasting away relentlessly. It made it look like he'd just been playing around before, which he probably was. “I'm gonna freeze all you good for nothing digi-punks and eat you for breakfast!”
 
He'd just started to lay waste to them when Tina's group arrived. Blazermon, agunimon, lobomon, and Rinkmon were all down. Geogreymon was frozen in place, but still fighting. Gargomon was out of ammo. Lynxmon was doing well, but only in not getting frozen. She could only counter attacks, not attack herself.
 
Kyuubimon charged in for a strike, “Dragon Wheel!” it hit a wing, damaging it, but then she was hit by a Frozen Claw. Talk about bad days. The damage on IceDevimon was stacking up, but so was the body count. Finally, Stingmon got a lucky strike, finishing off the damage to the leg, partially immobilizing IceDevimon. Morgan's team arrived, bringing an angelic digimon into play. This essentially turned the tide, and it looked like, despite the fact he'd still frozen Razormon and digmon, IceDevimon might be down. Then Cyclonemon Reentered the fray. And IceDevimon cackled gleefully.
 
“Fresh food, just what I needed!” He punched through Cyclonemon's chest.
 
“IceDevimon, what are you doing? What's going on? Gah…” He began to dissolve, and his data was soaked up by IceDevimon.
 
“WaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now that was good. I feel a hundred times stronger. Tundra Freeze! Tundra Freeze! Tundra Freeze!” in short order the others became frozen, except Angemon, Ex-veemon, and Stingmon. Unnoticed, Leo had gotten Blazermon partially unfrozen, and they'd both witnessed the whole thing.
 
“HEY! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!” Leo was simmering with controlled Fury, and Steam rose from Blazermon as the ice melted. “He was your comrade, your fellow general! What did you do that for?!?”
 
“He was a bumbling fool, and idiot, and I was going to kill him anyways. Now I'll just finish you lot…” Icedevimon was grinning like the demon he was as he spoke.
 
“Like Hell! Blazermon! Let's teach this guy some respect for his peers, and us! You with me?” Leo, grinning, glanced at Blazermon, who stepped forth. Light was shining from both.
 
“All the Way.” Light and heat exploded from them, and the familiar whistle of a crest activating its power was heard by tamers and D3s. “Blazermon! Digivolve to…. AllegroBlazermon!” before them stood an enhanced, refined, streamlined Blazermon, missing his more cumbersome armaments, with thin slick armor, the same color job, and as he moved, the sound of sweet classical music was heard.
 
Leo grinned again. “this is the end for you my foe. I give you AllegroBlazermon, the fastest Ultimate level digimon out there.”
 
Blazermon set to work as music soared through the trees. “E kick!” a high pitched vibration went through the air, and flames blasted into Icedevimon, surrounding him in fire. “G Punch!” a Punch straight to the top of IceDevimon's skull, sending him to his knees. “C spin!” a low sound, the sound of a cello's c string, wafted through the air as a spinning blast was delivered to IceDevimon's chest, and down he fell.
 
“And that Ladies and Gentlemen, is why you don't disrespect around Leo or Blazermon. They teach very harsh lessons.” Morgan commented as the pillar of flames that was once Icedevimon steamed, smoked, and disappeared.
 
It was at this moment of supposed celebration and victory, that a voice out of digital hell(literally…) echoed through the mists.