Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Dark Journey ❯ Tactical withdrawal ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12 Tactical Withdrawal
 
“Thankyou digi-destined, for eliminating those pests for me, saved me the trouble. Now, how shall I send you to your doom?”
 
“Shit, it's dragomon! Everyone, retreat! Now!” Zach shouted.
 
“What? Why? We can fight, right kyuubimon?” Rika questioned in retort as a defrosted kyuubimon stood up next to her. The others, with the destruction of IceDevimon, had unfrozen themselves. Takato dashed up, a digivolved Guilmon following.
 
“Rika, we're too tired, too many of us. We'll all be safer if we go now, attack after we get some rest. And if we get some rest, maybe some of the others will digivolve to ultimate!”
 
“He's right, Rika, we should retreat from this fight.” Kyuubimon suddenly dedigivolved to Renamon. Rika, seeing this, conceded the point.
 
“Blazermon, you still got some juice? Good, we'll cover the escape, Henry, care to join us?”
 
Agunimon and Lobomon dashed up. “we'll stay too.” Leo nodded. Henry swiped an ammo card to reload Gargomon's blasters.
 
“Masaru, Lead the way out of here with TK and Angemon! And it doesn't matter if you stick out like a sore thumb, blast anything that gets in your way!”
 
Just then, BlackAgumon dashed up to the converging group. “This way, there is a cave! A Tunnel, to hide! Follow! Please!”
 
Kari dashed after him, Gatomon following. The Others followed.
 
A huge form rose out of the ocean, flanked by two MarineDevimon.
 
“Oh this will be good.” A furious stalling action ensued, consisting mostly of avoiding attacks, which didn't entirely work. Blazermon suddenly found himself the center of a triple attack, isolated. Help, of course, came from an unexpected corner, sorta.
 
“Fire Rocket!” Flamedramon shot out of the mists and knocked aside the strike of a Marine Devimon, then jumped to pull Blazermon out of the way. Davis came running up next to Leo and Henry.
 
“What are you doing here Davis?!”
 
“Ken and I came back to lead you to the group!”
 
“Ken's here too? And we're fighting water! Why'd you use fire?”
 
“Cause I wanted to find out what it's like to fight alongside my anti,” replied Flamedramon. He glanced at Blazermon, they both nodded, and then charged forward. “Twin Rocket Blaze!” A twin fire blast, at least 4 times more powerful than a regular blazer rocket or fire rocket, shout out from the two of them, at one of the Marine Devimon. Agunimon charged forward, absorbing the attack, and then shot it back out. “Wildfire Rocket Tsunami!” The MarineDevimon reeled, and then reeled some more as a twin laser attack struck it. This was followed by Stingmon, who struck out of the mist, with a “Spiking Strike!” Ken rode on his shoulder.
 
The MarineDevimon disintegrated, and Stingmon flew back to shore.
 
Henry looked at this turn of events questioningly. “How does that work? It took an ultimate to destroy a champion, yet a couple combined attacks by some champions took out an ultimate?”
 
“Don't worry about it now, just run! This is our opportunity.” Takuya and Koji had returned to Flamemon and Strabimon, and were now dashing off. Terriermon was Terriermon again, on Henry's shoulder. Henry followed the others. Ken and Leo took the rear with Stingmon and Blazermon.
 
Davis was up front, and lead them to a tunnel, at the entrance of which waited black Agumon and Lucas(with Ciclemon of course). They ushered the others inside and then followed them in. The tunnel lead into a brightly lit chamber, which appeared to have a sun shining in it. They panted inside it.
 
Henry looked around, wondering, but it was Takuya who asked, “what is this place?”
 
Morgan walked up, and the rest of the group was now visible in the back, gathered around a roaring fire, next to a small gathering of rookie digimon, all of whom were in an alternate, dark, form, and all of them appearing very not happy with their “guests.” One of them stepped forward, a modoki betamon, and said “What have you done? Why did you bring them here? we will be discovered!”
 
BlackAgumon stepped forward, and countered, “I am sick of hiding, as you should be! They can fight! They can win! They will win! And we should join them!” A ryudamon joined his side of the argument. Well, it was a black ryudamon (however that happens).
 
Morgan started explaining as the argument continued. “He led us here, which really surprised them. Apparently, this is a safe zone we never found, a sort of center load for the tunnels. You can reach anywhere in the dark area from here.”
 
At that moment, “are you alright Rika?”
 
“I'm fine Takato, really.” Great, she was mad at him, probably for saying they should run. Why did logic never work with this girl? Rika stood up and went over by Kari, Yolie, and Tina. She sighed as she sat down.
 
“Why do I always do that?”
 
“do what?” inquired Yolie.
 
“I just got mad at Takato over nothing.” She sighed again.
 
“Oh, I get mad at Ken all the time. It happens, but it won't get in the way unless you let it.”
 
“Um, thanks Yolie.”
 
“Your welcome!” replied Yolie in her warm voice.
 
“Hey Rika, is it true digimon are a card game where you come from?” inquired Kari.
 
Rika nodded. “Yeah, and there's even a TV show, staring you. And Yolie, and Davis, and Ken, and TK, and Cody too. Plus all your other friends. But you'd have to ask Henry or Takato about that, I never watched it.”
 
“oh. Cool, we're on TV!” Yolie sounded slightly awed.