Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Dark Journey ❯ Let's try this again ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 14 Let's try this again
 
“You know, normally I'd complain about having to carry Veemon like this, but for once, I don't mind, he needs the rest,” Davis commented as he hiked next to Henry and TK, a sleeping Veemon slung across his back..
 
“If you haven't noticed, Terriermon is always hanging off my shoulders or sitting my head.”
 
“Same with Patamon. At least we don't have to carry Guilmon.”
 
“Yeah, he's carrying himself,” noted Patamon.
 
“With some help from Renamon, odd as sight as that is,” added Terriermon.
 
“Quiet you, if she hears, I won't stop her.” Henry clamped his hand over Terreirmon's mouth.
 
“I was just saying,” completed Terriermon, shoving Henry's hand down.
 
“We can hear you fine, Terriermon.” Guilmon, supported slightly by Renamon, was walking behind them.
 
“Indeed. Though, I must agree, this must be an unusual sight indeed. Though normally one would think nothing of helping a friend.”
 
“Well I'm just too little.”
 
“Yes, of course you are, shrimpling.”
 
“Hey!” Everyone burst out laughing, even Renamon chuckled along.
 
Rika and Takato walked behind them, not speaking much. Takato had been working up to nerve to say something, just a little afraid of how Rika might take it. Finally, he could stand it no longer, and, under cover of the laughter from up front, spoke. “Thanks Rika.”
 
She looked at him, a piece of hair somehow working loose and falling in front of her tired, yet to Takato, Stirringly beautiful, face. “For what?”
 
“Digivolving Kyuubimon to save me.”
 
“Hey, this can't be a onesided relationship you know. Those never work out.” She smiled, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Besides gogglehead, You were the one who stood up to Mephistomon to defend me from him, the stupid pervert.”
 
“You know the old saying, Perverts never prosper.”
 
“And don't you forget it.” She poked him in the side, then smiled and giggled. She took his arm, and clasped his hand in hers, and they walked on.
 
A few minutes later…
 
“Well hello you two love birds.” Takuya popped up out of nowhere, startling both Rika and Takato as his head poked itself between them and his “paws” landed on their inner shoulders. Rika recovered first, and slugged him in the gut. “UGH!” he doubled over, a grimace of pain on his face.
 
Takato looked over at Rika. “Henry's right, I do have to look out for your fist.”
 
“Henry might, but for you, I'll make an exception.” She grinned, then turned to look at Takuya as Koji approached from the same direction.
 
“Thanks” Takato replied, slightly confused, but trying not to let it show.
 
“Come on Idiot, get up and let's make our report to Morgan, Ken, and the others. Which, by the way, entails that we aren't being followed.”
 
“Great, we'll finally get a break,” exclaimed Davis.
 
“Don't jinx us Davis,” TK commented.
 
“Yeah Yeah. That only happens if you believe in them,” Davis countered.
 
Soon, everyone was sitting or lying around, getting some much needed rest.
 
A council of “leaders” had been assembled, which meant everyone was there. Mostly because, despite the fact Takato, or Davis, or Masaru, could technically be considered the “leaders” of their original teams, that didn't make them the most level headed, or the most appropriate, for strategy discussion. So nearly everyone joined in. only Yolie, Kari, Cody, Ikuto, Koji, Tina, and Lucas didn't attend, out of the humans +1/digimon.
 
Guilmon and Terriermon were curled up asleep, Koji was standing guard with Commandramon, Falcomn and Blazermon, Raimon was floating next to Morgan, Slicemon slept near the sleeping humans, and Agumon sat next to Masaru. Veemon and Worman slept soundly in the laps of their digi-destined.
 
“So the plan?” inquired Ken.
 
“You know, just noting, but the plan didn't exactly help us against Dragomon, those five ultimates, and whatever attacked the tunnels,” spoke an irritated, tired, but too stubborn to admit it, Davis.
 
“It worked against IceDevimon,” countered Henry.
 
“Not really. If Leo and Blazermon hadn't digivolved to ultimate, we'd have been sunk,” replied Rika.
 
Morgan looked up from studying his feet, and smiled. “She's right. But we ARE getting stronger. All three of you Tamers, Kari, Leo, and Masaru have managed to Digivolve again. And from what I understood from Takuya, their unique manner of Evolution, they being spirits and evolving via spirits, means they can probably at least use their beast Spirits. I'm sure a few more of us will figure it out shortly,” here he looked specifically at Ken and Davis, indicating his wish they had Paildramon. “And if we mustn't forget, one of those who have digivolved is a celestial digimon, and so is Angemon. And from what I hear, he was a one mon wrecking crew during that attempted flanking attack.”
 
“you know, I think that's the largest mouthful I've heard you speak since we got here Morgan.” Takuya grinned, and laughed a little, but nobody followed along, so he quieted after a moment. Most of them were just too tired.
 
Morgan did, however, smile and laugh to himself. “Well, I don't usually feel so much needs to be said.”
 
“Also, all of you saw what a coordinated strike did against Phelesmon. Destroyed him. Now, granted, he's not nearly as powerful as dragomon, but he was still an Ultimate defeated by Champions,” Zach added, a note of exhaustion in his voice.
 
“Hey, we beat that MarineDevimon with those fire combos, remember?”
 
“Wait, what?????” Asked a multitude of voices, the owner's faces wide-eyed.
 
“Oh yeah, guess we never really mentioned that. Flamedramon and Blazermon combined attacks, then Agunimon absorbed them and further amped them up. Lobomon and Gargomon hit it with lasers, and Stingmon finished with a spiking strike. But I'm still sure most of the damage was that fireblast. I got a bit of a tan just witnessing it,” explained Leo, sheepishly.
 
“so one less MarineDevimon to worry about? And considering how tired you guys had to be, well, just, that was spectacular! This may change everything.”
 
“How so?”
 
“That is the exactly kind of coordinated strike I was talking about. And you beat a MarineDevimon with it. If we can use that again, but With the power of ultimate Digimon, we may just be able to destoy Dragomon.”
 
“So, we're trying that again?” Davis attempted to clarify.
 
“Um, just a suggestion you guys, but let's finish this in the morning. Let's just agree to try heading back to the beach after we get some sleep. Besides, Rika's already fallen asleep.” Takato indicated her. She'd fallen asleep on his shoulder.
 
“Alright, Let's try this again, but in the morning.”
 
“RIGHT!” was the simultaneous agreement.
 
 
“My Lady, I most humble apologize for our miserable failure.”
 
“MCKAW, we did not fail, you ordered us to retreat!”
 
“They killed two of us, that is failure enough. Please my lady, I too ask for your forgiveness.”
 
Three shapes stood prostrate on the ground, before a woman of what some would call “surpassing beauty” and others “a cold shell.”
 
“So, in attempting to destroy them, you gave them cause to Digivolve to Ultimate? How foolish. You spent time talking didn't you? How many times must I say it, just attack them, don't give them a chance, unless you are absolutely sure you can win. And you are not one of the demon lords, so you are never absolutely sure you can win.”
 
“Yes my lady,” replied Mephistomon.
“Yes, my Lady,” replied the other two.
 
“Now get out of my sight before I change my mind.” they vanished, and Lilithmon proceeded to walk to a tiny little room in her fortress, hidden in its depths. “And how are you doing today, my pretty little thing?” The girl, locked away, said nothing. “Perfect.”
Hiking over, and down from, mountains is not normally a fun exercise. But when you have flying digimon who can carry half the party, and strong climber and atheletic types to transport the rest, it doesn't take much time at all really. Blazermon, Canamon, Raidramon, Peckmon carried the ground teams. Takuya and Koji ran. The D3 group flew, and flew the others who didn't walk.
 
Sleep(with rotating guard shifts) came after getting down from the mountains, and then it was time to head for the shores of the Dark Ocean.
 
“Flying is fun, I gotta do it more often, I mean, I couldn't for years with Falcomon gone,” Ikuto was saying to Cody, as they waited to see if there was going to be breakfast.
 
“Yeah, it is, but I get to fly all the time.”
 
“Hey, guess what? Breakfast!” Leo proclaimed as he walked into camp with Davis and Koji. Everyone helped prep and cook, and soon enjoyed a delicious stew of mushrooms, fish, and berries, along with cooked meat apples.
 
“Hey, everybody, I've got a connection to Izzy!” Zach declared joyously. Soon, all had gathered together.
 
“Hey Izzy, how's it going on your end?”
 
“What, forgotten about little old me?”
 
“Yamaki!”
 
“And of course, Master is here too.”
 
“Touma!?” exclaimed Ikuto and Masaru together.
 
“So, how are things?”
 
“We've had some tremors, network problems, and rampant digimon emerging in all worlds. We can't say for Takuya and Koji's world though.”
 
“Rampant digimon?”
 
“Some of them are just going completely wild, but we've had several instances of very bad digimon showing up. All three can handle things so far, but we're sure it'll only get worse. How about your end?”
 
“Bad and good. The good news is that we've got ultimate lvl power now, and we've taken down some powerful digimon. The bad news is that we haven't taken down any sector lords yet, so we haven't stopped or purified anything. We hope to finish off Dragomon this morning.”
 
“That's going to do what again?”
 
“If the area is cleared of the controlling “Lord” by us, it will cease to function as a piece of the Dark Area for a while, so it will also cease the collision for a short time. If during that time, we can hit another area, it will extend that one, and put a hold on the new one.”
 
“So did my Cards get through then?”
 
“Mr. Mizuno!” exclaimed all three tamers. “Yes, we all got them, but how?”
 
“Digi-gnomes, of course.”
 
“figures. They seem to always come through, huh?” Henry looked at Takato.
 
“I guess.”
 
“So, what plans are there for dealing with what's happening on your end.”
 
Izzy responded first. “We are more than capable of handling this here, I mean, we have over a million digi-destined on our side.”
 
“We're attempting to find, persuade, and organize the Tamers popping up around the world. We have already organized teams in America and Britain, as well as France and South Africa. Russia is giving us trouble, we think they plan to handle this all on their own. Of course, we all know how that's going to work. You children put me in my place enough to know you're the only ones who can handle these rampaging digimon.” Yamaki grinned at his own joke, which most of the Digi-destined found funny.
 
“DATS has been Reorganized, and We've gained the cooperation of the Royal knights in trying to deal with things before they get to the human world, to prevent deterioration of the barrier. We've made some progress with strengthening it actually, and we may be able to do something similar to keep all our separate worlds apart. Your father is a major help in this Masaru.” Masaru just grinned and sat back on his rock. “but, the real key might be the Digisoul. We believe it not only kept the world's separate, but put them back in place and repaired the barrier. We need however much more time you can give us though.”
 
Zach, Henry, and Ken discussed a few more things with the outside, then switched off the computer.
 
It was a high note now, as they prepared for battle, and it just seemed like it was going higher. “You know, right now, I'm just ready to rock this world.” Takuya grinned and thumped TK on the back. “I know what you mean man. Let's hit it.”
 
“So what's the battle plan?”
 
“We do things the old fashioned way!” announced Takato, to general merriment, and agreement. They were laughing with him.
 
“Dude, I haven't done things the old fashioned way in so long, just the idea, is well, great! Genius! Let's do it! Charge in there and take him out!” smiled Lucas.
 
“But don't forget, we are a team here people, we do this together. Hands, paws, claws, wings, and their equivalents in here people.”
 
“We will win, we will triumph, we will save all the digital worlds, and earth too. Digi on three people, one, two, three, DIGI!”
 
6