Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Dark Journey ❯ "And Here, We, Go!" ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15 “And Here, We, GO.”
 
 
 
“You Dragomon, you there fish for brains!”
 
“Hey, I bet he doesn't even have brains!”
 
“Nice one ken.”
 
“That's nothing, try this. You are a sad sorry excuse for a digital lord, your mother kicked you out, and now you're just trying to make yourself feel better by picking on poor defenseless digimon!”
 
Takuya sprinted up to Leo. “gonna join in?”
 
“Nah, crest of respect, remember? Not my thing to disrespect the enemy, I leave that to the professional jokesters, like you and Terriermon and Davis.”
 
“Heh.”
 
“Enough, foolish humans! Why have you come here? Do you wish to be destroyed? I shall gladly fulfill that wish, for it is Barbamon's wish as well!”
 
Davis was about to shout a reply, when Leo cut him off. “Why do you Serve Barbamon?”
 
“Because He is to be the lord of all, and I am bound to his will.”
 
“Do you enjoy it?”
 
“Of course, what foolish questions are these.”
 
“One more foolish question. Would you do these things if you had a choice?”
 
A pause followed, but finally, as held breaths reached their breaking point, a word floated across the waters. “Yes.” A huge shape rose out of the water, flanked by several evil aquatic digimon, including a MarineDevimon.
 
“Then there can be no doubts.” Leo's digivice and crest glowed.
 
“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! Take this!” Masaru appeared out of nowhere(he'd actually been waiting with Ikuto, Agumon, and Peckmon in a cloud of mist) And dealt a blow to Dragomon's head, sending him reeling. “Digi-soul, Full Charge!”
 
“Agumon, digivolve too…RizeGreymon! Trident Revolver!” a trio of Hookmon shot out of the water and took the Attack.
 
Divermon appeared on shore to Attack the digidestined assembled there. AllegroBlazermon wiped them out with one combo attack. The two Raidramons charged out of the forest.
 
“Attack! Raidramon” cried two voices.
 
Two Raidramon declared, “ThunderBlast!” The amplified double blast of lightning took out several digimon, and damaged even the marinedevimon, and Dragomon himself.
 
“You do not seek redemption for what you have done, you do not ask forgiveness, the mourning you portray is only skin deep. Then you shall be destroyed, lest your crimes hurt more innocents!”
 
Tina's crest glowed, and Sealsdramon appeared before her, glowing also.
 
“Sealsdramon, Digivolve TO … Tankdramon!”
 
A gigantic battletank of monstrous size appeared. “Gattling blast! Gattling Blast, gattling Blast!” It laid near instant waste to the encroaching digimon, leaving only two standing.
 
“You have power, it seems, but that is not enough! Tentacle Claw!” that single strike bashed Tankdramon back into the forest, were he was unable to right himself.
 
“Tankdramon!”
 
Henry appeared at Tina's side. “Go to him, we'll take care of this, right?”
 
Takato and Rika nodded. “Right! Digi-modify! Matrix Digivolution activate!
 
“Guilmon Matrix Digivolve to… WarGrowlmon!”
“Renamon Matrix Digivolve to… Taomon!”
“Terriermon Matrix Digivolve to… Rapidmon!”
 
“Agunimon slide evolution! BurningGreymon!”
“Lobomon slide evolution! KendoGarurumon!”
 
“Lupine Laser!” Dragomon shrugged off the attack.
 
“G FLAT FIRE!” Allegro Blazermon Funneled his power into BurningGreymon.
 
“GFLAT Wildfire tsunami! Takuya unleashed a blast of fire that joined with Koji's lupine laser. Several more attacks would soon join that one.
 
“Rising Destroyer!
 
“Digisoul, full Charge!”
 
“Peckmon digivolve to Yatagaramon! Mikafutsu no Kami!”
 
“Atomic Blaster!”
 
“Tribeam!”
 
“Talisman of Light!”
 
“Wind blade!” Razormon spun rapidly, and then she shot out a blade of wind.
 
“Frozen breath!” An icybreath shot from Canamon's maw, joining the whirling hurricane of combined attacks.
 
“Blast rings!”
 
The vast combination of attacks struck through the MarineDevimon and hit Dragomon, leaving him all but dead.
 
“What, he's still here?” exclaimed TK.
 
“Then Let's finish him!”
 
“Oh, right! Go Angemon!”
 
“go Angewomon!”
 
“Raidramon, attack again!”
 
“Spiking Strike!
 
“Oxygen Torpedo!”
“Twin Thunderblast!”
 
“Arrow of Light!”
 
“Hand of Fate!”
 
These combined attacks finished the job, and the whole area started shining like there was a sun, which there was, as Dragomon disappeared. “Congradulations Children, you've bested me, but I am only the beginning. May you fare worse as you go!” with this last curse, he was gone.
 
The digidestined and digimon gathered round, looking at each other, faces shining. “We did it!”
 
Henry quickly disappeared from the throng to go to Tina, who walked out of the forest with a limping Commandramon. “Is he alright?”
 
“Commandramon has suffered worse, he'll be fine. But thanks for asking. Though, it would be nice to have a little help getting him to a rock or someplace he can sit.” They guided Commandramon to a nice rock, and set him down. He was bruised and one of his leg's was at least sprained, but, “I'm fine ma'am. Thankyou Ma'am, sir.” He saluted them. Tina spontaneously giggled, and planted a small kiss on his cheek. “ma ma Ma'am!” he flushed.
 
“Thank you for being so brave Commandramon. And thank you for being so helpful Henry.” She turned to him.
 
“Well, I'd like to say it's just because I'm really helpful, but mostly it's because, well… I um, I just felt like I owed you a few for your help?” he tried nervously.
 
“Sure you did.” He planted a kiss on his cheek too, though this one lasted a bit longer.
 
Takato was witnessing this scene with Lucas and Takuya and Koji. Koji asked, “What's going on here?”
 
“Seriously,” added Takato, “They're both, well, I guess I'm the last person to say weird.”
 
Lucas and Takuya laughed at that. “She's usually really uptight and serious,” Lucas explained. “I think she's afraid to let it show she's a girl sometimes. But occasionally, it just comes bursting out. I think having other girls here, along with some cute boys that she hasn't been spending the last couple of years being driven crazy by, is helping her opening up.”
 
“Hey, that's a good question… how did you guys survive in the dark area for so many years?”
 
“Well, we weren't together the whole time.” Zach had joined the conversation, and soon the others came over. “We were out searching for something, so we split up for most of those years.”
 
“I'm a little confused now.”
 
“I'll start from the beginning.”
 
““Well, see, the biggest reason we never beat the Demon Lords completely is because we only had 5/6s of our power. In the beginning, there were 5, by the end, there were five, but for a time in the middle, there were 6. thus, only the beginning and end are recorded properly.”
 
“So there were 6 of you?”
 
Morgan nodded. “And she was the leader. These are her Goggles, not mine.”
 
“Celestica disappeared. We didn't and still don't know what happened to her. All anyone knows is that we all had the same dream, of her giving Morgan her goggles, and then walking into the night with Dorumon,” tears filled Tina's eyes.
 
“And now, even with all of you here, I'm not sure we can win. Her Crest was the crest of Faith. She believe in us strongly, she always had faith we would win, she tied us together. Maybe she believed so strongly in us, she forgot to believe in herself. I think that's why she left. She's the one that brought me to the side of these here, because before I was joined to the enemy, and held the crest of Darkness.”
 
“You sound like Koji.”
 
“Some things just replicate themselves it seems.”
 
“The Crest of Faith, that Strengthens all. The Crest of Respect, that counters their pride. The crest of Truth, that counters their lies. The crest of Wisdom, that counters the ignorance upon which they feed. The crest of Redemption, for no sin is unforgiveable. The crest of Destiny, for we shall someday win. The crest of Courage, to counter their cowardice. The crests of Friendship and Love, that counter their lust, and their hatred, and bind us together, and lets us forgive. The crest of Sincerity, that is like Truth. The Crest of Knowledge, that is like Wisdom. The crest of Reliability, for we shall always prevail. The Crest of Hope, that let's us believe, the Crest of Light, that shows the Path, the Crest of Kindness, that counters their cruelty, and the Crest of Miracles, that no evil can ever prevent. IF ever all these crests are brought together, all of these things are united, in Light, and Darkness, the world will never fear again, and the last great evil will be gone. Or so the prophecies say.” Zach closed his laptop.
 
Comprehension had dawned on all faces. “you were searching for her. But, wait, now I'm more confused, 5 at the start, 5 at the end… who wasn't there at the start?”
 
“Me.” Tina's voiced shot through the group. “Because I was serving Barbamon. I was brought to the digital world, but was separated from the others before ever we were together. I was angry then, scared, and angry. The darkness was my comfort, and Barbamon used that. I was his General, his digi-destined of Darkness, and I wore the crest of darkness, and commanded his armies of Commandramon and other digimon. That's how I met Commandramon. He was my personal bodyguard, and he cared about me even when everyone else feared me,or hated me, or in some cases, laughed behind my back. But he never let it show.”
 
“You were the Bad guy?”
 
“Why is it that one of the Digi-destined is never there at the start, and why are they usually on the other side?”
 
“Beats me…”
 
“Back to my story… Eventually, the care and devotion he showed, and compassion of Celestica shown through the darkness that engulfed me, and banished it. I joined the good team, and my crest became the Crest of Redemption.”
 
“So, we have a Digi-Destined to save?”
 
“We don't know,” Lucas's face fell. “We've never found anything more about her.”
 
“But we haven't given up hope. I'm sure she's out there, and we'll find her. She's too strong to lose to them.”
 
“I hope your right.” Ken looked a little worried.