Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Dark Journey ❯ “Davis, Take a Right at the fork!” ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16 “Davis, Take a Right at the right fork!”
 
“BWEEP. BWEEP. BWEEP. BWEEP.”
 
Hey, who's digivice is tha… oh, its mine. Ok, that's weird. Celestica didn't have a,” Davis was cut off by a sudden sound.
 
“BEBEEP. BEBEEP. BEBEEP.”
 
“Huh? I'm picking up… you are too, aren't you?” Takato looked at Davis.
Davis nodded. `A digivice. A D3. and it doesn't belong to anyone here.”
 
“I'm picking up a D-arc, I'm pretty sure. Do you think, Ryo?” Takato looked at Henry and Rika. “it could be one of the others too though…”
 
“We need to investigate this.”
 
“yeah, but, they're indicating different directions.”
 
“So we have a tamer and a digi-destined out there, somewhere, in the Dark area. They are likely neither informed, nor aware, of what is going on right now. And are bound to get into huge amounts of trouble.”
 
“So what do we do?”
 
“We rescue them.”
 
“Their in two different directions. Do we do them one at a time, or split up?”
 
“Normally, I'd say flip a coin and go for one before the other, but we just took out a section lord. We don't have time to squander; our threat level just went up a notch or 5. We go for both and split up, agreed?”
 
The consensus was well, a complete consensus, is there any other kind?
 
TK outlined a plan he'd just come up with. “Takuya and Koji, you'll come with us. Um, Lucas, can you join us too? We need somebody with Experience so we can avoid anything unnecessary.”
 
“The rest of you, let's see, that's Rika, Takato, Henry, Zach, Morgan, Leo, Tina, Ikuto, and Masaru, will follow Takato's D-arc's signal. That splits us evenly. 9 and 9. sound good?”
 
“good enough, let's get moving before the poor kid's get eaten or something.”
 
“For once, Davis, you're making perfect sense.” Kari smiled and laughed at her own joke, leaving Davis sputtering for mere moments, before he laughed too.
 
“Alright, let's rock and roll people.”
 
“Let's, my D3 says we have to go to the right. Um, is there someplace on the other side we'll meet up with you guys?”
 
“Our Digi-vices have a tracking function just like the D3s, we'll follow it Lucas, he'll follow it to us, work for you?”
 
“Yeah, let's get out of here. Come on Guys, follow me. Last one there has to wash the socks.”
 
“Eww, there is no way I'm washing your socks Davis.” TK pinched his nose at the thought.
 
“Then, you'd better get moving, cause at this right, you'll be washing mine too!” shouted ken, who was just behind Davis.
 
“I'm not wearing socks, does that I'm excluded from this?” asked Takuya, who, along with Koji, was already alongside Davis, and was only keeping pace, versus passing, because somehow his head managed to remember Davis was the only one who knew which way to go.
 
“I think so, but I'm not sure, the rules never make much sense,” Kari said, as she ran behind them. TK was left in last place, just behind Lucas, as they dashed off.
 
The others blinked after them until they disappeared into the sunshine. “Well, they're certainly energetic all of a sudden. You wouldn't even think we'd just taken down a bad guy, cept the sun's shining.” Everyone burst out laughing, Even the normally serious Rika, and the even more normally serious Tina.
 
“Alright, let's rock this part ourselves, we've got a lot of ground to cover, I bet. Takato, if you'd be so kind,” Morgan motioned Takato to the lead, where Rika and Morgan joined him. Zach talked to Ikuto, asking questions about being raised as a digimon, Masaru and Leo discussed old fights, and Tina walked along at the back with Henry. The digimon had dispersed amongst each other, Terriermon hitching a ride on Guilmon while he walked next to Slicemon, who happened to be the first female dino type not out to kill him. He was curious, who wouldn't be? The only “girl” digimon he'd known was Renamon, not exactly an education in the feminine. Blazermon, Renamon, Falcomon, and Commandramon had all dispersed, to check ahead. Agumon followed along behind masaru, being doubly awed by the sharing of fight stories between the two, who were demonstrating the fights with punches, and in Leo's case, a couple kicks, as they walked. Tina and Henry were each unsure of how to start up a conversation.
 
“so, um, You kinda remind me of Ken. I mean, he was all “I'm the digimon Emperor” in the show, and in real life too, I understood.”
 
“you know, bringing up the “so you used to be evil?” is not exactly the best pickup line.”
 
“Um, erm, who said anything about a pickup line?”
 
“Well, um, nobody?”
 
“Fair enough. So… What do you do for fun here?”
 
“Take out condemned digimon, get in fights, play videogames on zach's laptop, watch a movie or two. You'd be amazed at how much he's updated that thing, and how much he's downloaded, since outside access was restored. Of course, that's when he's not trying to solve some kind of crazy digi-world puzzle.”
 
“Sounds like izzy, or even me.”
 
“you?”
 
“My dad “Created” digimon, remember? I'm something of a Hacker myself. And I play lots of video games… well, I did before I discovered digimon were real. Now, it's much more fun to play with Terriermon.”
 
The sun switched off, but the mist did not return, and the moon and stars shown in the sky as they kept up the pace, not stopping till morning, where they could now see mist ahead. “so, stop here, eat, rest, and keep guard during the day?”
 
“While we have it, we should sleep during the day. Any problems?” people were already asleep. Morgan yawned and went to sleep.
 
Takato and Rika talked for a while before falling asleep next to each other.
 
Henry and Tina shared first guard duty, because neither wanted to go to sleep, and finished their conversation from before. Leo and Masaru took the second, and final, shift of the day.
 
Then, as night fell, it was time to plod into the mists, into the unknown, to rescue a fellow no one was sure they knew. “So, everybody ready?”
 
“Does it matter?” asked Takato. “We're going anyways, ready or not. So let's go.”
 
“Let's.” Rika took Takato's hand, and he led them into the mists, away from the sea, and into danger they would perhaps never truly understand till they had faced and conquered it, but that didn't matter. They were Tamers, digi-destined, they were Warriors, fights, DATS, they were ready, even if they hadn't quite realized it themselves. It was the darkness running scared.
 
3