Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Hunters ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They decided to take shifts. Gre took the first shift. Then, Rei took over. Then it was Jason's turn. Jason sat awake staring at the ring. The ring was siler with a red stone. Around the stone were strange markings. Jason jumped as he heard a rustling in the bushes. Jason lokoed but didn't see anything.Jason went back to looking at his ring. He was trying to remember who gave it to him. He had asked his parent but they didn't know. All he remembered was that a good friend gave it to him. Velocimon walked over to Jason as he was putting his ring away.
 
Suddenly, they heard a crash but nobody else had woken up. A giant beast came out. It had sharp teeth and long claws.Flowers covered its body and two vines were coming out of its back. Jason was now standing. He could see a powder coming from the flowers that covered the ground. “Who are you?” Jason asked covering his mouth.
 
“I'm Tanglebeastmon.” The beast said. “Don't try to wake your friends. My powder is keeping them asleep. You're by yourself.”
 
“Get him, Velocimon,” Jason said. He was now trying to wake the others but no one would wake up. Velocimon was trying to attack with Fire Claw but Tanglebeastmon was stopping Velocimon with his vines. Jason lifted Rei above the powder and she stirred.
 
“What's going on?” she asked.
 
“We're being attacked,” Jason told her.
 
“I feel dizzy,” Rei told him.
 
Jason looked over at the beast in time to see two vines, one grabbing him and one grabbing Rei. They were lifted up. Jason looked over and saw Velocimon laying on the ground. Jason struggled but couldn't get free. “Velocimon!” he cried out in hopes to awake him. As Jason yelled to his partner his digivice glowed.
 
Velocimon got up. He looked right at Tanglebeastmon and started to glow. “Velocimon digivolve to Tyromon.” He said as he changed into a bigger dinosaur. The two horns on the back of his head were still there, but now on the front of his head there was a new horn. There were now black stripes on his arms, legs and tail. He looked a lot more fierce as well./ Jason and Rei were dropped. Jason caught Rei and supported her as Tyromon fought Tanglebeastmon.
 
“Pyro Blast,” Tyromon said as he blasted a giant ball of fire at Tanglebeastmon. “Doom Pedal,” Tanglebeastmon countered, shooting flower pedals at Tyromon. Pyro Blast incinerated the pedals and hit Tanglebeastmon. As he was hit, he digitized into a digiegg. “Fire Claw,” Tyromon attacked the black sphere.
 
Everyone else stirred. Jason went off by himself while Rei filled them in. Velocimon came over to him. “What's wrong?” he asked Jason.
 
“That was close. He would have gotten us if you didn't digivolve. Thanks.” Jason said. For the rest of the night, nobody could sleep. They were all too excited. Before they knew it, it was already morning and they were getting hungry.