Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Medieval Times ❯ Rules and Traditons. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
Hi everyone, Mykan here.
 
DISLCAIMER:
 
The characters... XERXES, and GAIDEN are borrowed characters from Death Emperor Daeron (With full permission granted of course)
Thanks Death Emperor!
 
 
CHAPTER ONE
 
 
Japan; 1545
 
 
In a Village called Wassashi, A place that had been under the watchful eye of the Daimio, Lord Noronaga, was once again safe from the enemies lurking outside their lands.
 
Their armies were said to be the most powerful in all of the regions, lead by a Mighty Captain who went by the name of Takeru Takashi. A brave and hopeful warrior who always lead his people to victory and out of the darkness.
 
Today, he and his army had returned home from their long battle against a Nomad Tribe who had declared war on their village weeks ago. Takeru presented the sword of the leader to the Daimio, and the Daimio passed on the word.
 
“The nomads are defeated. With the help of our warriors, Our Village is safe again.”
 
The crowds cheered with joy and happiness. For Takeru's bravery, he was offered the mighty sword of the fallen devil. A sword that had existed in the Daimio's family for generations, handed down to future ruler.
 
Takeru was selected to be future ruler of the kingdom, not just because of his bravery and fierceness, but because of tradition.
 
Lord Noronaga had only one daughter, 16 year-old Princess Hikari Yagami. She was his only rightful heir to the throne since his elder son Tachi had been killed in a war of years ago.
 
When she reached the age of 10, she was buckled down to start learning the ways and traditions she would require to help her as Queen, but Hikari had always been suspicious of having a mind of her own.
 
The Daimio looked out onto the backyard of the palace and found his daughter there gazing upon the world of the common folk down below. She was wearing a pink robe with blue streaks, and a royal red silk robe around her shoulders.
 
“Daughter.” He said softly.
 
Hikari slowly turned round. “Hello, Father.” She said with a smile on her face. “I was just looking down upon the lands again.”
 
The Daimio shook his head. “Oh, Princess, must you through this again.” He said. “We have been through this over and over about your fanaticizing over the commoner's world…”
 
“I know… I know.” His daughter implied. “Their world can never be my own.”
 
Hikari's father always had this silly idea in his head on how the Common folk are far too different from Royalty, and their worlds would always remain distant from each other, despite how close they ever reach.
 
“In any case, you are to married to Captain Takeru on the night of the new moon next month.” Replied the Daimio.
 
Hikari sighed heavily, “To a war Captain Father?” she asked. “Takeru may make a fine husband in your eyes, but I fail to see it.”
 
She looked down over the railing into the training grounds were Takeru and his men were keeping their skills up to date in case of any other attacks.
 
Takeru always seemed to have a brave look on his face, closer to a look of disappointment than cheerfulness. He rarely smiled honestly, and was actually more concerned on battles and ensuring victory.
 
“He may be brave, strong, and graceful.” Replied Hikari, “But… in my eyes, he seems rather too… Serious to comprehend my way of seeing the world.”
 
The Daimio pitied his daughter. He remembered how it was when she was young and how he spent time with her. Telling her amazing tales, teaching her to ride her own horse, Sanji, or just having wonder days with her in the fields.
 
But now Hikari was a grown woman, and she had matured immensely. The Daimio had hardly too much time for her anymore either as he was busy running the land.
 
He tried to find a suitable husband for her, but none of them did she accept. Come to think of it, he didn't quite approve of some either.
 
So by laws, The Princess was then betrothed to marry the strongest warrior in the Lord's army, and Captain Takeru was it.
 
Hikari was also taken down to her studies. For endless hours she pondered through the pages and scrolls of everything needed to be known. People who told her where she had to go and what to wear.
 
Hikari never wanted to admit it to anyone, not even to her father, but to her… being a Princess was not all it was cracked up to be, and joyous of any sort.
 
To her, it was downright Dull!
 
“My daughter…” said her father. “It's not really about tradition, and prophecies and all that. It's just that… well ever since your mother died and you never got to know her still hurts me even more of my lost feelings for her.”
 
On the date of Hikari's birth, her mother was running a terrible disease when she went into labour. The disease was killing both her and the baby, the doctors did all they could, and there was only thing they had…
 
A special antidote that would stop the disease from spreading out and destroy it. However… there was only enough left to save ONE. Either the Daimio's wife or the Princess, and they would not be able to conjure up more of the antidote in time as it would take at least a week.
 
So the Daimio chose to save his daughter to his wife's wishes. The baby was saved, and she had died. Hikari grew up never knowing her mother's face, and was brought up by her father and brother Taichi.
 
Then Taichi was called out on a royal journey, but never returned. Eventually they received word that he had been killed, and his body was retrieved and sent back to the palace where he was given a proper burial.
 
“But Hikari…” said The Daimio. “I am growing old, and sometimes I fear that I may not have as much time left as we think.”
 
This kind of talk always made Hikari uneasy.
 
“I will not around forever in any case… and all that I wish is to know that I can leave you in safe hands, in protection of confined places.”
 
“I understand, Father.” Hikari said. “But I--”
 
“Hush, now my child.” Her father said cutting her off. “We have said enough for today.” He got up and walked down the path but turned one last moment and said. “Remember about what I said. The Common folk are too different from us.” Then he was gone.
 
Hikari sighed and went back to her sight seeing. “The Commoners may be different.” She thought, “But at least they get to have fun and do as they wish.”