Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Medieval Times ❯ A Herioc and Happy ending. ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
 
 
The Soldiers tried with all their might, but for each and everyone there was, two commoners came and pushed them down like dominoes.
 
Miyako sure felt great to get all that rage out of her system. “Take THAT!!” she snapped as she gave a guard a good right fist in the kisser.
 
Iroi was glad to have his kendo lessons being put to good use. “Ingrates… Dummies… Fools!” he growled as he whacked them over.
 
About half the soldiers were down and out of it, and the rest of them ran for the hills. “Forget this… I quit!!”
 
They jumped and cheered for joy, and then Kenshin had an idea of how to help Daisuke force Xerxes into a trap. So off they all went.
 
Meanwhile
 
Xerxes had made it back to the palace and loaded all his valuables onto a single horse. Finally, all that was left was his birds in their cage. “Come my darlings, mustn't forget you.” He whispered, and off he rode.
 
Sadly, it seemed no mater where he went…
 
He rode North…. Commoners were blocking his way.
 
He rode south… they blocked him again.
 
The noosed was really tightening, until before long, everyone had forced him back to the cliff where his horse could no longer go further. He turned round, and there really was no place to go… except down by the crooked tree.
 
Daisuke and Hikari rode in on Sanji and Sakura. “It's the end of the line for you, Xerxes.” Daisuke said. The others all forced angry looks on him.
 
Xerxes hopped down from the horse, and showed him the bag he was carrying. “I'll give you a choice.” He said. “You can choose to wither get me… Or…!” he opened the bags revealing treasures stolen from the palace.
 
“My word…” cried the Daimio.
 
“Go fetch!” Xerxes said and tossed the bag high up into the air sending all the goods flying. The villagers all went nuts trying to catch the loot before it got lost.
 
 
“Do you really think I'd make it that easy you Worthless Rotten Ingrates!” Xerxes bellowed, and he began climbing down the tree only to stop when he realized. “Oh, no… not again!” he left the bird cage behind.
 
Daisuke quickly whipped off his cape. “Here, use this!” he called, and everyone began using it like a net to capture the remaining plummeting jewels and gold. Not a single piece was missing, thank goodness.
 
Gaiden also saw this his only chance to be the big hero and pushed a huge boulder rolling down the slope and right towards the tree.
 
Xerxes tried hard to reach for his birdcage, but he looked up and saw the rock… “YAAAAGGGGGH!!!” and then… CRASH!!! Right into the tree. Xerxes lost his grip and plummeted down towards the water.
 
“AAAHHHHH!!!” …SPLASH, and that was end of him.
 
Everyone looked on in shock to believe what just happened. “Wow… beaten by the common folk. How humiliating.” Said Iori, and everyone shared a laugh that erupted into cheering.
 
That evening
 
Lord Noranaga threw a big feast for everyone, and he even agreed to let Iori off the hook for killing Takeru, when it came out that he did what he did to save Daisuke.
 
In exchange for his horrid behaviour, he also granted the poor villagers of Kohaku new homes and land in Wassashi where they could start a brand new life.
 
Yes, everyone seemed to be rather happy… except for two. Daisuke and Hikari.
 
While it was true that Daisuke was off the hook. It still made no difference to him. Hikari was a Princess, and he was still a poor commoner. They could never be together. Not even after the many times that night Hikari pledged her love for the young man.
 
“Daisuke… I love you.” She cried. “You can't just leave tomorrow, and never think of coming back.”
 
Daisuke turned to look at her. “Princess…”
 
“And why must you be so formal with me.” Hikari replied. “Can't you just call me by my regular name like you did before?”
 
Daisuke tried to make her understand. That he was still a wandering Tailor. True he now knew that it was really Xerxes' and his mean who took destroyed his home and everything.... but…
 
He still didn't know who he was. His Vengeance was fulfilled, but he still needed to know who he was, and where did he come from?
 
Even if he already knew that, he'd still probably be just a commoner, and therefore be unable to marry her. “Parting like this will not be easy on me either.” He said to her.
 
“What nonsense you speak of.” Came a voice. They looked round and saw Hikari's father along with Gaiden come up to them.
 
The crowd went Silent as he raised his hands. “This is not just for the beginning of a new age for the people of Kohaku.” He said. “It is for my Daughter and the man who shall be her husband.”
 
Everyone looked confused. Especially Hikari and Daisuke. “But Father, Takeru is dead… how can I marry a man who is not amongst the living?”
 
The Daimio smiled. “Whoever said it was about that marriage I arranged for you?” he asked. “I really meant the young man standing by you now.”
 
There was a soft rush of everyone exchanging thoughts. “Daisuke?”
 
“Him?”
 
“How?”
 
Lord Noronaga said that Daisuke had shown outstanding courage and bravery towards all commoners, and had opened his eyes, and the village's eyes to how great the simple folk really can be.
 
Daisuke felt all flattered, “But what did that have to do with me and the Princess being together?” he asked. “I mean… A Poor wandering commoner marrying a Rich and powerful Princess?”
 
The Daimio's smile got even wider, and he motioned for Gaiden to come forward. “Daisuke… you have no idea as to where you are from, or what you could have been. Do you?” he asked.
 
“No… I do not.” He said.
 
Gaiden then held up Daisuke's scroll. “Well… I say it's time you learned.” He said with confidence.
 
“My… my scroll. You mean to say you are able to read it?”
 
Gaiden nodded. “Xerxes forced me into long endless hours of studying, and languages was my best subject, even if they had not bee produced yet, their plans were revealed to me.”
 
The text on the scroll were written in a newer invented forum of Hieroglyphic Japanese Markings. “And here's what it reads…” said Gaiden. Everyone looked leaned forward as he read the words…
 
(Picture it like the Masked Rider intro)
 
In a Distant and, and embattled land called Edenoi…
 
A Newborn Prince named Daisuke, is handed to a messenger by His mother the Princess, and his father the consort, and his Grandfather, the King, and is whisked away from his village moments before it is completely obliterated by the advancing evil forces of Count Dregon, his Son Xerxes, and their army of soldiers.
 
The final words of the King himself were…
 
“If anything should happen to my little grandson, I pray for someone who can read this scroll and give my little Daisuke the life he was meant to have.
 
Daisuke was in total shock. If his Grandfather was a King, and his mother and father a Prince, and Princess, “Then that would mean that I am--”
 
Gaiden nodded. “The long lost Prince, of the land of Edenoi.” He said. Hikari's eyes widened and her jaw dropped into a happy position. “So… you really are, Royalty.”
 
Daisuke had tears forming in his eyes. He knew who he was, he knew where he came from, and his revenge was all complete. “Finally… after all these years.” He cried. “It's over.”
 
The Daimio began applauded along with Gaiden, then Daisuke's friends, and soon the whole village echoed with the sound of applause.
 
Hikari's father approved of this, even if Daisuke no longer had a village or throne to inherit. Royalty was still royalty, and that was good enough for him as well as Daisuke's actions.
 
Daisuke decided since everyone wanted it, he turned to Hikari, held her hands together, looked deeply into her eyes… “Prince Hikari of Wassashi…” he said. “Now that my destiny is fulfilled, I wish but of one last thing, and that is to find my wife.”
 
Hikari smiled as her tears began to fall.
 
“Will you give your hand in marriage?”
Hikari jumped into his arms, “Of course I will.” She cried happily, and they kissed deeply. The crowd went wild for the new happy couple.
 
In less than a week, they were married.
 
Daisuke had never before felt so happy. Now he had a happy home, with a new wife, good food, fine clothing, good living. Even a place as future emperor of the land. All the things he was really meant to have.
 
Gaiden was now promoted to royal advisor, and Iori, his Grandfather, Kenshin, and Myiako were all given places round the Palace to work and enjoy themselves.
 
Daisuke's horse Sakura was even given the finest grooming.
 
While over the few weeks, everyone pitched together and before long, not only was the Land of Wassashi now even bigger in the village, but it was now as peaceful as Kohaku once was.
 
No thieves, no poor people, no un-necessary battle in the streets. Just peace and calm for everyone, all thanks to Daisuke's wise words that Commoners and Rich people can live in the same world.
 
“Ah… I never have felt so pleased to have son quite like him.” Said the Daimio. “Where is he anyways?”
 
“Oh, I believe he and the Princess went to the lookout, Sire.” Said Kenshin. He and then Daimio smiled, for they had a good idea of what was going on.
 
Outside
 
It was such a beautiful night. The Stars were shining and the air was calm and fresh. The crickets chirping, and the fireflies buzzing about, and with a perfect view of the village below, it was quite the romantic view.
 
But Hikari and her Prince were staring deeply into each other's eyes. “Like you well, palace life, my Prince?”
 
Daisuke gently creased her cheek. “Yes, My Princess, I lack for nothing.” he said tenderly. “Especially of wonderful you are to me, and how much I will never stop loving you.”
 
Hikari smiled, and wrapped her arms slowly round his neck and they embraced in a slow passionate kiss in the wonderful atmosphere surrounding them.
 
THE END