Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Medieval Times ❯ Commoners are the real heroes ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
 
 
The prisoners were all forced into a huge group surrounded by the guards. One by one they would each be forced to the stone and would be beheaded.
 
Daisuke was the first to go as his punishment for taking the blame of Captain Takeru's death. “I have been chosen…” he said, “Farewell my friends, I will meet you in the after life.”
 
Miyako couldn't bear to watch this, and buried her face in Kenshin's chest. He held his wife close and hushed her. Soon it would be all over… forever!
 
As Daisuke was marched up to the stone. Xerxes was standing atop the hills, unseen, and really enjoying himself too. “Hmm, mm ,mm… Last know, we'll see the first one go.” He chuckled.
 
“Once enough of them have been executed, me and my men shall move in a destroy whatever's left!” he thought.
 
Daisuke was chained onto the stone so as not to struggle out, and the Daimio drew a red line across his neck. “For the horrid crime of Murder, you shall be executed here and now.” he said angrily “May God have mercy on your soul.”
 
He stepped away and let the executioner step up to the stone. “This is it…” Xerxes cheered under his breath. “Here it comes!!”
 
The Executioner gently placed the blade of the sword directly on the red line on Daisuke's neck… DREW HIS ARM BACK…!!
 
“STOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!” a voiced cried out. Everyone looked up and saw Hikari and Gaiden ride up to the field and dismount the horses.
 
“Princess Hikari! And she's with Gaiden.” Xerxes growled. And then he noticed what Gaiden was carrying “What… my true documents… No!!”
 
The Daimio stepped up. “What is all this?” he bellowed. “Daughter… why do you dare to interrupt and execution?”
 
“Father… I demand you let him and the others go!” she protested. Everyone gasped, and the Daimio looked infuriated. “What… did you just TELL OF ME!!!”
 
Gaiden stepped up to defend her. “Forgive her My Lord, but it's time you learned the awful truth.” He said as he approached him. The guards blocked his way.
 
“I am warning you Gaiden!” he said. “You had better have a good explanation for this, or you shall also be executed!”
 
Gaiden showed him three Documents. “I assure you… if you read these, you will begin to see.” He replied. The Daimio let him pass through and began reading.
 
Everyone waited anxiously, and then finally, Lord Noronaga slowly lifted his head over the document he was reading, with wide eyes and his breathing in shock.
 
The first one told him what Xerxes was really like. A vicious cruel heart murderer who cared nothing for those who were not rich and powerful, nor those who supported their ways of thinking.
 
And the second said that Xerxes' next Target was Wassashi, after he destroyed the villagers from the land of Kohaku. The most peaceful place that had not need for fighting.
 
“Xerxes… my most trusted councilor?!” he cried. “All this time he has been lying to me, and now I have nearly killed an innocent group of people…” tears began forming in his eyes, and he fell to his knees.
 
“Father.” cried Hikari.
 
“I am ever so Ashamed.” The Daimio cried, but then rekindled himself, and stood proudly. “RELEASE THEM ALL!!” he demanded.
 
The guards let go the villagers, and the Executioner chopped off the chains instead of Daisuke's head. He stood up proudly and smiled, “Thank you, Princess.” He said.
 
Hikari's heart was going crazy, but as she and Daisuke were about to run into each other's arms, when suddenly another army of men came riding over the hills and had everyone outnumbered in strength and held hostage.
 
There at the top of the hill was the leader himself. “Xerxes… You Bile traitor!!” the Daimio growled. “Let her go this instant, I order you!!”
 
Xerxes just smirked. “I'm afraid you no longer control of what I can and cannot do. From now on… I call the shots around here!” He said. “I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got places to go, and commoners to kill.” Said Xerxes.
 
He leapt down, and eyed everyone. “Let this be a warning to all you commoners. You are worthless spineless inferiors, who were put on this Earth to serve us, The rich!”
 
“You are dead wrong, Xerxes!” came a voice from behind. Xerxes turned to face Daisuke. “Would you kindly explain that again.” He growled. “I thought you had informed me that I mistaken!”
 
Daisuke stepped up bravely. “… Commoners are NOT made to serve the rich!” he boasted.
 
This angered Xerxes'. He slowly paced forward towards Daisuke with his sword at the ready. But Daisuke just kept right on going.
 
“I have lived with and amongst commoners all my life, ever since I lost my true home and family, and yet I've seen these simple folk do many of great things!”
 
“They may not be as rich or powerful as you… but year after year they manage to sustain themselves and their loved ones, which would be even easier if you riches stopped to help us!”
 
“So… So who's' the weaker species? Commoner's don't owe the Rich… IT'S YOU WHO OWE US EVERYTHING WE GAVE AND HAVE SHOWN TO YOU!!!”
 
Xerxes stopped at the last few inches, when he heard everyone gasp and realize Daisuke was right. If it weren't for them Commoner's the rich people would be who they are or what they have today.
 
They invented money… they invented clothing… they invented fun, work and games. Everything in the world was invented by the first people on the Earth, and all of them were lowly commoners.
 
“We ARE, and CAN be a lot stronger and wiser than you say we can.” Replied Daisuke, and he realized. “And you know it… don't you!”
 
He wound up his blade to strike at Daisuke, but Hikari had leapt into action and blocked the sword with Daisuke's katana. “Well… Princess.” He said, but then he noticed his men were standing down and backing away in fear.
 
“What are you all doing?!” he thundered, but then he saw why. There outside of the ring were all the villagers from the land of Wassashi, Hikari and Gaiden urged to come along and help.
 
Now Xerxes and his men were completely outnumbered and boxed in and stared frightfully into the blazing eyes of the hundreds of armed commoners.
 
“You see, “Master”…” Gaiden said. “The commoners are strong… The Commoners are smart… and the rich don't boss us around!”
 
Hikari nodded, and handed Daisuke back his katana. Xerxes, knowing he was licked had escaped through an unguarded place in the ring. Daisuke and Hikari ran after him… leaving the crowds to rush into one of the biggest battles anyone would ever know again.