Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Medieval Times ❯ Hikari to the rescue ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THRITEEN
 
 
Early in the morning, about an hour or two before dawn, and time for the execution, Hikari crept towards one of the other dungeons where Gaiden was begin held. All by himself.
 
He wasn't sentenced to death, but to Xerxes' demands, he may be sentenced to remain there for life for his actions towards his Master.
 
Hikari approached the guards. “I demand to have word with Xerxes' servant.” She said, and the guards, not daring to defy the Princess, allowed her access.
 
Gaiden was chained to the wall, and he looked up. “Princess… what are you doing here.” His said in an aggravated voice.
 
Hikari looked calmly at the young lad. “I've come to ask you…” she said. “What are Xerxes' true intentions?”
 
Gaiden looked up with his eyes widened. “Hah… to think I'd tell that to you.” He snapped. “What makes you think that even if I told you, you'd be able to help matters?!”
 
Hikari put her foot down, “Because… the one a truly love is about to be executed for a crime he did not commit.” He said. “I know there is more to Xerxes' than meets the eye, and you'd know what it is!”
 
Gaiden growled angrily as he gritted his teeth. “You're smarter than you look.” He said. “My master hates and despises the common folk, he wants nothing more than to have every one of them wiped of the face of the world!”
 
Hikari couldn't was shocked to hear every word that came from Gaiden's mouth as went on to say that his master was vicious man plotting against her father.
 
“There… you have the truth now, but what can you do about it?” he spat. “You're a Princess. You got everything you ever wanted just handed to you, while the rest of slaved over you rich people… No Get out of my sight you wretched brat!!”
 
Hikari knew she had to move fast, so she dashed off to Xerxes' chamber. “Xerxes!!” she snapped.
 
“Ah… Princess.” The dark man said. “How may I be of service to you.”
 
“Stop it… I know your sick plot now!” replied Hikari. “I can't believe you, my father's most trusted councilor… planning mutiny on the innocent!!”
 
Xerxes didn't care if she knew, it made no difference to him. “Hmm, mm… Clever girl.” He said. “Unfortunately Princess… nature has a certain order.”
 
“I picture, an entire world where only the strong and mighty deserve to live. Which means every other type should be put to death like the filth that they are and create.”
 
“Filth?!” Hikari said. “The Commoners are no filth, I'd no, because I've seen their ways.”
 
“Oh yes… their “Simple, less formal ways.?” He mocked on that. “Don't be a fool, Princess. In just a few more hours the common folk we've captured will be killed… and guess who else is next.”
 
Hikari had very good idea. “You are insane! My father will have your head!!”
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… Only if he will believe you, his daughter over his most trusted advisor. I doubt if he will even be in the mood to hear you out.”
 
“Of course, there is a slight chance he will believe you, but by of course then I will have my men in position, and it will too late to do anything about it.”
 
Hikari marched to the doorway. “We shall see!” she hissed.
 
“Hmm… what does she think she can do?” Xerxes said to himself. “The sun is already beginning to rise, time to put my plan into action. I am going to miss having had worked here I must say.”
 
Later on
 
Except for Gaiden who was still in the dungeon. All the prisoners were being march from their cell, through the shaken villagers in the town on their long journey to the execution site by the cliffs that over looked the sea just ahead of the Palace.
 
Daisuke never felt so upset in his life before. “This is it.” He thought, “I figured that I would dead before my time. It will not be much longer now.”
 
He couldn't see Hikari anywhere, not even with her father up front. Well, a part of him was glad she wasn't there, not for all the mess she had caused… but that was his head, just his head thought that way.
 
But the rest of him, from head to toe was thinking the way of his heart. Even though she was a Princess, and he was a lowly commoner, and whether or not he lived or died; they could not be together… He… He loved her.
 
She was the only creature in the world that ever made him feel this way about the joys of romance, even if it was for a short while. He was glad he had a chance to experience it.
 
Finally they had arrived where a large stone lay in the ground, stained with the blood of previous victims who were executed. The Executioner pulled on his dark hood, and sharpened his sword so much that he cut his finger just by simply touching the blade.
 
Meanwhile
 
Xerxes was enjoying this so much that he wished he had a nice big jug of Saki to celebrate. “Ah well, perhaps later on.” He said. “Right now I have a date with victory.”
 
He marched off to the fields where Gaiden's outdoor cell was. “You all know the plan?” he shouted.
 
“Yes, Sir.” His men saluted, and when given the order they rode off along with Xerxes himself.
 
Gaiden pounded hard against the bars. “Curse you Xerxes!” he growled. “May your wretched soul rot for your actions!”
 
Suddenly he heard the sound of two other horses crying over the distance. “What… I thought everyone had gone.” He said to himself.
 
The sound of the galloping got closer and closer, and Hikari came riding round the corner on Sanji, with Daisuke's horse Sakura beside her. “Princess?”
 
Hikari hopped down from Sanji, and grabbed Daisuke's katana off of Sakura. “Princess, what are you doing?” Gaiden asked.
 
Hikari could actually wield the sword a lot better now and hacked the ropes off the cell. “Gaiden… I may be a spoiled rotten brat.” She said. “But at least I'm a very determined one.”
 
“Will you help me save those innocent people, and rescue the man I love?” she said offering him the sword. Gaiden only needed one second to determine his answer and took the sword and bowed to his Princess.
 
“Come Princess… let us go thwart my soon to be Ex-Master!” he said with pride.
 
He and Hikari mounted the horses and took off at a blinding speed. “Faster Sanji, Faster!!” cried Hikari. “I'll not let the man who showed me the joys of life be taken away from me!”
 
Because the soldiers were way ahead of them, Hikari knew of a short cut they could use, they had to jump the horses over a small cliff ledge.
 
Remembering Daisuke's lessons she made it over good, and so did Gaiden. Even though he had a fear of heights.
 
As the rode along, Gaiden noticed Daisuke's scroll that was on the front of the saddle, and he opened it up and took one look at the text… “Oh, my goodness…” he said silently. “I don't believe this.”