Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Medieval Times ❯ It's all her fault ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
 
The cruel hearted soldiers made the Villagers march along right through the night. No rest stops, no water, nothing.
 
They reached Wassashi by midnight. The Villagers of the tow formed a perfect roadway leading to where Lord Noranaga stood waiting. His eyes filled with tears when Hikari dismounted Sanji and ran into his arms.
 
“Oh, My daughter.” He cried. “I'm so glad you're safe.”
 
But then he looked up and saw one of his men carrying the dead body of Takeru, his finest warrior. “Who did this?” He said in his deep voice.
 
The soldiers marched the Kohaku people along. “Your daughter was lost…” said the Newly appointed Captain as he forced Iori and Daisuke up front.
 
“Captain Takeru had found her, and, these outsiders attacked him. As well as the rest of their clan fought off in resisting arrest.”
 
Hikari didn't like where this was heading.
 
Her Father took a step down and looked at them. “Is this true?” he asked. “You have all killed my bravest warrior, and resisted in arrest.”
 
“Arrest for what?” Daisuke asked. “These people have done nothing.”
 
The Daimio didn't know what to believe. “Take them all away to the Dungeon, until I decide their fate!” he said.
 
“But Father…” Hikari tried to defend the innocent villagers, but the guards wouldn't let her through. Tears poured down her cheek as the villagers were dragged away, and Daisuke only looked her with anger in his eyes.
 
From in the palace. “Hmm, mm, mm… Look at that, Gaiden!” said Xerxes. “Another village of Commoners ready to be wiped off the Earth.” He picked up a document which was going to be the final phase of his plot.
 
“Once the Daimio sees this, he'll have no choice but execute them all, and while the guards are all distracted, my men will be ready.”
 
He handed the document to Gaiden and ordered him to take it to the Daimio at once, but finally he saw that his master was going to far. “No!” he snapped.
 
“What?!”
 
“You heard me master… This scheme of yours is not only inhuman, it is downright monstrous.” He said. “I'll have no further part of this.”
 
Xerxes felt like he was going to burst too. “How dare you!” he spat. “You will straighten up and fly right, you will obey my orders! And when I tell you to--”
 
“Silence!” snapped Gaiden. “I don't care what you do to me, I'm through with the likes of you Xerxes. And once I tell this to the Daimio that you've been deceiving him all along--!!”
 
“Which you will not be doing.” Xerxes said. “GAURDS!!” and his men came. “Take him to the Dungeon for treason and for high-preaching.”
 
Gaiden struggled and growled. “You haven't won yet you Bastard, You will pay!!” his voice echoed on.
 
“Humph… The foolish Daimio as you know it Gaiden, will soon be no more.” He thought wickedly. “I guess I'll have to deliver this myself.”
 
Meanwhile
 
The dungeon, located behind the palace, was sure crowed with all villagers from Kohaku.
 
Miyako was sobbing softly of fear in her husband's arms. “Oh, Kenshin… I so afraid.” She cried. “What are they going to do to us?”
 
This was one question Kenshin couldn't answer. “We'll know soon enough.” He said as he held his shaking wife close.
 
Most of the other villagers were sitting and really feeling upset and outraged about this. They had never broken the law in their lives and their peaceful village was destroyed, and now this.
 
But none of them felt as horrible as Daisuke did. He smashed his fist hard against the solid wooden bars. “She was the Princess… Unbelievable!” he said under his breath. “Why did she not TELL ME!!”
 
“Daisuke?” Iori's Grandfather said, “Perhaps it was because she was afraid. Or Perhaps she wasn't aware that this would happen.”
 
“I see no difference.” Daisuke said. “I actually thought we had something for each other, I really cared for her, and the I find out that she and I come from two very different worlds and we can never be together.”
 
“Uh, Daisuke…?” Iori said as he gestured behind him.
 
“All, I ever wanted was to find out who I really was, then exact revenge on those who did these awful deeds.” Daisuke continued. “Now I'll never learn the truth, and it's all Because of Hikari.”
 
“Daisuke?!” Kenshin cried.
 
“What is it?!” Daisuke said Annoyingly as he looked behind him, but then he gasped. Hikari was standing behind him the whole time on a requested visit to the dungeon.
 
And judging by the way her tears were falling, she heard everything. “Daisuke…” she cried. “What I did… I did because… I loved you.”
 
Daisuke's eyes widened. “Princess… I--”
 
“No.” Hikari said. “You were right… It was my fault. I did this.”
 
She turned to leave. “I am unworthy to ever be loved!” and she ran off crying.
 
“Hikari.” Daisuke Said. He didn't know what he had just done, but he felt really bad about it. “I love you too… my Princess.” He said under his breath. He fell to his knees and a single solitary tear fell out from his eye.
 
Meanwhile
 
The Daimio had received Xerxes' fake document of the Villagers.
 
It read:…
 
The Villagers were a group of savage people, who wait for wandering people to pass by and hunt them down.
 
They have been on the run for years ,and killed many innocent people. As well as destroyed countless villages.
 
The Daimio took the Document into thought, and decided for the best. “Tomorrow at sunrise, all the villagers will be put to death one at a time.”
 
“A wise choice you have made, my Lord.” Xerxes said.
 
But the Daimio was more worried of his daughter. She had been acting very strangely since she had been brought home. He took it to the fact that she was upset that Takeru was dead, but that didn't quite seem to be the whole deal.
 
Meanwhile
 
Hikari had been sobbing in her room for what seemed like an endless when she heard what her father was planning to do.
 
Worse than that, he had been given false information about the peaceful people of Kohaku and how it was they who were the victims.
 
Plus, her father always usually took Xerxes' side when it came to making choices. Suddenly, she looked realized. “Xerxes!” it was a long shot, but perhaps… it was just possible.
 
He couldn't be trusted at all!
 
There was only person who could come up with that answer for certain. She had no time to waste, and was off to the dungeon.