Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Medieval Times ❯ One man's Love is another man's DEATH!! ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
 
 
The next day…
 
Daisuke and Hikari finally had enough supplies to get them to Wassashi. They decided to set off tomorrow morning, and stay for one last night.
 
For you see… Daisuke planned to continue on his quest for his answers and vengeances after Hikari was returned to her home land. So he wouldn't be returning to Kohaku probably for a really long time.
 
Then again… that was the life of a wandering man. Ho, if only he could decipher the text on his scroll, perhaps he would be able to finally rest in peace and find someplace to settle down.
 
That night, Daisuke and Hikari decided to go out riding in the felids by the river away from the village by the woods.
 
Meanwhile in town
 
Miyako, Iori, and Kenshin were planning a big farewell feast for Daisuke's departure tomorrow, and were preparing all his favorites.
 
Mostly of it, wild and delicious animals Kenshin had hunted down in the forest. Miyako was busy with the green stuff for Hikari.
 
Still, all of them would feel pretty sad in the morning to have their friend leave them again, and after such a short time too.
 
But easily what Miyako was thinking of, was how would Daisuke and Hikari take it after Daisuke brought her home and then left again. She could tell instantly by their behaviour over the past weeks that they were becoming really, really close.
 
So close, that who knew… maybe there would actually be something for them.
 
“Kenshin?” asked Miyako, “Would you please fetch another sheet from the guest bed chamber?”
 
Her husband nodded, and was off to the room where Hikari had been staying all this time. “Things will not be the same without having her around.” He said softly to himself.
 
He grabbed a sheet from the massive pile, but before he turned to leave he saw something else in the pile, something Pink.
 
He pulled it out of the pile and it turned out to be a pink robe, with blue streaks, and a royal red silky cape. “Where did this come from?” he asked himself, but then he saw Japanese markings on the robe, that spelled out someone's name.
 
Kenshin dropped the robe in shock. “Oh… my goodness.” He cried softly. “I had a feeling that girl was hiding something. This will break Daisuke's heart in two.”
 
Suddenly he heard his wife's Mortified scream. “Miyako!!” he cried and rushed out to see a horrible site. Half of their house was busted down, and his wife was taken hostage by soldiers.
 
“MIYAKO!!”
 
The entire village was under attack by soldiers, about half the buildings were all on fire, and many of the villagers were taken prisoner.
 
Kenshin tried to rush the soldiers and free his wife, but then he was caught himself by two men who crept out to snatch him.
 
“KENSHIN!!”
 
A lot of the men in the village did their best to fend off the invaders, including Iori's Grandfather, but to no avail, he was wounded and captured.
 
“Iori…” cried Orca, “You must warn Daisuke and Hikari!”
 
“Grandfather…” cried Iori. “I will not leave you.” But as the soldiers began to surround him, Iori knew he had no choice. Thinking quickly he leapt out through the back way of the hut and diapered into he night.
 
“Never mind him…” said the Leader. “The Princess is not here, we will find her on the way out.” And they continued and continued until all the Villagers were captured, and the beautiful village of Kohaku was burned to the ground.
 
Meanwhile
 
Hikari and Daisuke were star gazing at the beautiful night sky. “It's all so magical.” Hikari said. “The stars are so bright tonight, you can almost touch them.”
 
Daisuke though the exact same thing. “Hikari… Look!” he said pointing up. There was a shooting-star drifting across the sky. “Make a wish Daisuke.” Said Hikari.
 
“Alright…” replied Daisuke. He closed his eyes, and concentrated.
 
“Well… what did you wish for?” Hikari asked, and since Daisuke knew that this was one wish that he believe would never come true, decided to tell her…
 
“I wished… that I could live in the peace and harmony I long for.”
 
“Oh… Daisuke.”
 
Daisuke was really feeling sad about soon having to leave Kohaku in the morning, and leaving all the people who had learned to love so dearly.
 
But also, he would return to Wassashi and then leave Hikari there where she belonged. Just the thought that he may possibly never see her again was breaking him up.
 
What he didn't know was, Hikari was feeling the same way. She really looked up to Daisuke. He was kind, Brave, Strong, and graceful. She was beginning to argue less and less of what she was starting to feel.
 
As Daisuke helped her across the shallow, and quiet river, she tripped on a loose rock and fell into Daisuke's arms. “Whoa… be careful there.” He said.
 
Hikari looked up, and Daisuke gazed down upon her. “Her… her eyes!” he said in his thoughts. “They… are so… beautiful.”
 
A soft breeze began to pick up. Hikari's long hair and Daisuke's cape were fluttering gently in the breeze.
 
Hikari could feel her temperature rising as she gazed into Daisuke's eyes. “Oh no… I can't do this.” She cried in her head. “It's not proper for a Prin-- Oh… I don't care!!”
 
Daisuke looked tenderly at her, then finally gave in to the feelings that were building up in him, that he refused to admit for a long time. He slowly laid his hand upon her hair, and brought her closer to him, capturing her lips with his.
 
Hikari wrapped her arms around him and kissed him back, letting all her feelings for him finally out in the open.
 
Iori came running over the hills like a frightened dog, but stopped at where Sanji, and Sakura were tied up when he saw Daisuke and Hikari in their embrace at the river up ahead. “Oh my…” he said under his breath.
 
But he wasn't the only one who saw them…
 
There… on the far side of the river, was Captain Takeru and his jaw dropped at what he saw. He recognized her anywhere. Princess Hikari, His fiancée, and heir to the Wassashi throne in tight and deliberate embrace with a… a… COMMONER!!!
 
A surge of anger and jealousy surged through his body. “That… Bastard!!” he growled. He screamed like a banshee as he charged towards them.
 
Hikari and Daisuke gasped at that sound and broke away from each other just as Takeru whammed hard into Daisuke, tackling him to the ground and waging a hard fight on him.
 
“Takeru! NO!!” she cried.
 
Takeru tried to hack off Daisuke's head wit his battle axe, but Daisuke managed to evade his head out of the way. All he had on him was his Chain, but that was enough.
 
Quickly, was able to whip out his chain and block Takeru's next blow. Then as tricky as a Ninja, he kicked him hard in the gut and sent him slamming into a tree.
 
Infuriated, Takeru pulled out his dagger, and engaged a fierce strength battle with Daisuke trying to slit his throat.
 
“Takeru…!!”
 
Iori had to do something and quick. Luckily for him the rest of Daisuke's weapons were loaded on Sakura's back, but all he could grab in time was the bow and a single arrow.
 
The two men were rolling about on the ground in their fight. Takeru did manage to pin Daisuke down, but Daisuke just kept pushing him back to keep the dagger away from his neck.
 
“Leave him alone!!” cried Hikari as she jumped on Takeru trying to pull him away, But Takeru just pushed her back. “Keep out of this, Princess!” he snarled.
 
Daisuke's eyes widened. “Princess?!?!” but still focused on keeping this crazy man from hurting him.
 
Iori finally ran into a spot giving him a perfect view of the crazy man, and armed the arrow ready to fire. All he had to do was fix his aim.
 
Takeru growled and moaned hard as he got his dagger only inches away from Daisuke's neck. “Takeru… Stop!!” cried Hikari and helped Daisuke push TK upward.
 
Now his chest was completely exposed to Iori's view. He pulled the arrow back as far as it would go in the bow, and remembered. “Both eyes open!” and FIRED!!!
 
WHAMM… right through the heart! “AGH!!”
 
Hikari gasped in horror as Takeru dropped his dagger and his body fell backwards with a hard splash into the river, and his blood oozed everywhere.
 
Daisuke got to his feet. “Iori!”
 
 
Hikari felt Takeru's body all over, it was as cold as ice, and he wasn't moving or breathing at all. “Is… he?”
 
Hikari shakily turned round and gazed hard at him. “You… Killed him!” she cried. “YOU KILLED HIM!!!!”
 
Iori dropped the bow. “I… I did?!” he said looking down at his hands unable to believe what he had done.
 
Daisuke however was even more shock, but not at Iori. He gazed a hard long look at Hikari. “…Princess?”
 
Just then, the soldiers who were marching the villagers of Kohaku away saw the commotion and grabbed Daisuke and Iori and threw them into the marching hostages, which also lead to the telling that Kohaku was destroyed.
 
Hikari felt…well… there was no word to describe how upset and awful she felt. Now Takeru was dead.
 
The last few soldiers came up to her and picked the body of their beloved Captain. “Don't worry Princess, you'll be home soon.” One of them said.
 
Hikari sadly walked over back to Sanji, who also looked sad for her, but not as sad and frightened as Sakura.
 
Hikari gently stroked her mane and shot her a hopeful smile, but for what. Hikari mounted Sanji and held Sakura to ride close by her along with the tens of imprisoned villagers.
 
Daisuke did not dare look at her as he marched along. Hikari couldn't even demand that the soldiers release him and the villagers, because the orders came from Xerxes, and not her Father.
 
She was powerless to stop them unless she could speak to her father. She prayed t god though that things would not turn out for the worse!