Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Medieval Times ❯ Soul mates? It could be ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
 
A few days had passed since Daisuke and Hikari made it to Kohaku, by this time they had about half the supplies they needed to make the trip to Wassashi.
 
As Daisuke sat there sharpening his sword, he was starting feel like he didn't want Hikari to go, he had grown quite fond of having her around as he did his travels was quite comforting.
 
She still refused to tell him or anyone what her life was like in Wassashi, but rather than try and coax it out of her, Daisuke decided if she didn't want to say, that was fine by him.
 
“Daisuke?” Hikari said as she came up to him. “Are you alright?”
 
He put down his sword, “I was just… thinking of how much better my life could have been.” He said. “What it would have been like if I had a home and a family.”
 
Hikari sat down on the rock by him. She couldn't really say she knew how he felt, because the truth was she had a home and way of life, and Daisuke had been on his own since childhood.
 
“Daisuke… I know I've asked this before, but where do plan to go, and what do you plan to do after you find what you seek?” she asked.
 
Daisuke looked at her. “Well… it's not as if I really have anywhere to go. I never really belonged anywhere before.” He said. “True I feel loved and appreciated here… but, I just don't feel all complete, wherever I go.”
 
“All complete?” Hikari asked.
 
Daisuke told her of a old thing his Foster Father told him once about how he saw life more than just a gift, it was a quest.
 
If a man felt so lonely in life, and wished for his life to be all complete, and all worth everything there is. All he would require was four special things…
 
A House to shelter him…
 
A Horse to Bear him…
 
A Bag of Gold to Sustain him…
 
And A Wife to make it all Worthwhile…
 
Only then with all four things in his possession, the man would truly be able to call himself human and his sadness would all leave him.
 
“Yeah… some story.” Daisuke said, “But so far, all I have is a horse. I never had a real house to call my own, no gold that could last long enough, and no wife whom I could feel love with and share my life.”
 
Well, that was something Hikari could understand. All she wanted was a caring loving husband who would see things for what they are and some things of what they can be.
 
But no… in only a few weeks more, they'd go back to Wassashi, where Hikari would have to return to the palace and marry Captain Takeru, if he was back in any case.
 
“Still…” Hikari said. “That doesn't mean we still can't enjoy what we have together.”
 
“What?”
 
Hikari grabbed Daisuke by the arm. “Come on…”
 
 
Over the next week or so, Hikari showed Daisuke a lot of things she learned to do in her life, which she still refused to say was as the Princess of Wassashi.
 
She showed Daisuke how to make things, like weave baskets, pick flowers and make pretty bouquets. Daisuke never had the chance to do things like this before.
 
Daisuke even found time over the many days to teach Kari some of the things he learned. Like how to get food in the wild, how to fight off enemies, things like that.
 
It was even a little funny to see Hikari try to pick up a Katana but she just wasn't strong to even pick it up high enough, not unless Daisuke helped her of course.
 
He even helped her teach her horse, Sanji how to fight off enemies and be a s brave and strong as Sakura was.
 
Easily one of Hikari's favorite things that Daisuke taught her, was meditation. Sitting perfectly still with your eyes closed and not thinking at all, absolutely nothing.
 
It relaxed the body, cleared the mind of anxiety, and best of all you didn't have a care in the world. It was like being asleep and wide awake all at the same time.
 
Ti was even more relaxing to in the hot springs, but Hikari would need a little more practice on her tolerance to do what Daisuke did.
 
Meditating under waterfalls and just sitting there as the icy waters ran clean down your body making it almost too numb to even speak.
 
Still, Daisuke and Hikari really did look like they were growing to be close. Miyako even passed on word only to Iori and Kenshin about it.
 
“Hey… look.” Whispered Kenshin. His wife and Iori peeked round the corner of the house, and saw Daisuke presenting Hikari with a single flower he picked just for her. Hikari even pecked Daisuke on the cheek, and he blushed.
 
“Looks as though Daisuke may have found a soul mate.” Said Miyako.
 
Well, it did look good , but they hadn't quite considered going that far yet. Still They sat together on the hill top and watched the sun go down together.
 
Meanwhile
 
Captain Takeru had finally made it to the land of Kohaku after weeks in the wilderness, and stopped off at the local tavern for a soft drink of water before conducting his search for the Princess.
 
“There is no doubt in my mind… I know she is here.” He said in his thoughts. “I shall find her and bring her back to her father.”
 
He was ready to swear that if anything had happened to her, the one responsible for whatever it may be would pay with his life.
 
Still… he had the feeling that someone, somewhere was plotting something dreadful. HE didn't know how his thoughts were soon to be proved right.
 
Meanwhile
 
No more than Ten miles away from Kohaku, a base camp of soldiers from Wassashi were plotting their chorus on which area's in the town to search for the Princess or Captain Takeru.
 
Little did they know that some of their fellow members were actually Xerxes' men who ad come not actually to aid Lord Noranaga's men, but to kill them and then imprison all the commoners in Kohaku.
 
“Now… we don't want to miss a single shot, remember the Princess is somewhere in that town.” the leader silently said. “But remember… if you can't capture any of the commoners. Kill them.”
 
The other men agreed, and then got their act back together before the other soldiers could react to what they were saying.
 
With everything set, the attack would go on tomorrow evening.