Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Medieval Times ❯ Is that love in her eyes? ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
 
The Next day…
 
Daisuke found that the old Tailor's hut was just as how he left it before setting off on another journey, and was already well into work helping those in need.
 
Hikari was given one of Miyako's old robes that didn't quite fit her anymore, once Daisuke sewed and mended it up. A simple light red robe with pink highlights.
 
Her old Raggedy skirt was sent off to the town's washer. His name was Iori (AKA: Cody)He was a very nice young man, but a little sensitive type who lived with his Grandfather after the death of his parents.
 
He also had a close friendship with Daisuke, because as rough and short tempered as Iroi was, whenever it came to using sharp weapons such as Swords, arrows, things like that, he really was afraid.
 
So his Grandfather taught him Kendo, which to him was a lot safer than any other weapon fighting he could think of.
 
Only, Iori's grandfather was getting old. He could still fight like a regular man of martial arts, but it took his injuries longer to heal than young people.
 
It was at that time that Miyako tried to calm the young lad and teach him Archery. This way, if thieves kept coming, or if a wild dangerous animal was near, Iori could defend himself.
 
Eventually they strengthened his nerves to actually pick up a bow and arm it. Only now he was as shaky as ever, as if he were afraid of his own shadow because he never knew if trouble was getting close.
 
He peeked outside of his hut a little shaky as he was readying to dump the waste water from all his washing. Suddenly, a soft crack from behind startled him. He dropped his bucket, spun round with and arrow ready.
 
“Easy, Iori… it's only me.”
 
He put down his bow and breathed heavily. “Oh, Daisuke… I could've killed you.” He said sounding a fright.
 
“Not aiming like that you couldn't.” said Daisuke. “Here's a thing I taught Miyako; Keep Both eyes open when you shoot, you'll see twice as well.”
 
Iori's Grandfather walked out of the hut. “Ah… Daisuke.” He said, “We meet again.”
 
Daisuke bowed to him, “Orca… it's wonderful to see you again too.” He said. “I just came by to see if Hikari's skirt was ready.”
 
It was ready. Iori and Orca were able to get it cleaned up so instead of being filthy and ragged it was now just plain brown, but it still had a few rips and tears that Daisuke would have to mend himself.
 
“Where is the young lass, if I may ask?” asked Orca.
 
“Oh… Miykao's taken her fruit picking in the fields.” Answered Daisuke.
 
Meanwhile
 
Miykao's wagon wasn't even halfway full yet full yet of Bushels and baskets yet, but Hikari was rather enjoying herself. She never once in her life picked her own fruit before.
 
But what had her really struck was that, her fields were about half the size of her father's palace in Wassashi, and she was picking the all fruit for the village… Alone.
 
“I don't understand it… it must be very hard work for just one person to do an entire field.” She said.
 
“Oh, I don't plan to do the entire field.” Said Miyako. “There's just too many of them for one person to pick, so I only gather enough to feed the entire village.”
 
“Sometimes, Kenshin helps me, if he's not out hunting for wild animals for our feasts, but I'd have to hire servants to help me in these fields.”
 
“So… why don't you?” asked Hikari.
 
Miyako told her that everyone in Wassashi had their own little thing to do, they didn't depend on that kind of help or service from anyone. Besides, some people don't enjoy doing chores at all, or they are just not strong for this kind of work yet.
 
So everyone agrees to let everyone go their own peaceful way in Kohaku. Everyone has at least one good deed of the day to do, and so they do it not for themselves.
 
A good deed that can help the town. She and Kenshin gathered food. Some gathered water, some people made things, and some entertained the children. The best thing of all, no one ever complained.
 
The land of Kohaku was supposedly the most peaceful place for anyone who was caring and simple enough to want to live, and most of it was thanks to Daisuke.
 
Not only did he drive all the thieves and people out of the village so they dare never return, he even taught everyone that just because they are different from you does not mean anything at all.
 
They are still humans, and they don't have to like or endure what you do. Everyone then decided to start sharing their profits, and lands with all their fellow villagers, and before long…
 
The once who were poor, now had well paying jobs and enough gold to last them a lifetime.
 
The once who were homeless, now had a good comforting homes and shelter.
 
The once who were starving to death, were now properly fed. They would never again go hungry.
 
Those who were natural enemies were now the best of friends. Never again would they see things too differently.
 
“Sadly, the only thing Daisuke came to town for was to search for his true nature.” Said Miyako. “that strange scroll he claims to hold the secrets of his birth life, but we could not read it for him… and so he had to leave.”
 
The Villagers were sad when Daisuke had to leave, but that was the life of a wandering man searching for the truth. He had to move on, but he was always loved by them all.
 
Hikari began to think that if Daisuke was born into a Royal Family, he'd be quite a Daimio. Why, he could ensure world peace.
 
Ah… but what was she really thinking… he was just a lonely Tailor with no memory of who or what he was.
 
Still… he was not like any other man she ever knew, nor any she had ever seen. He was strong, brave, and also very kind to those less fortunate.
 
She saw him up and over the hills from the field as he walked to help Kenshin with a heavy crate of animals he had caught.
 
“Hmm… he's really different alright. Ruining his own happiness for the sakes of all others, and he has saved my life several times.” She thought to herself, “So, why is it I can't stop thinking of him?”
 
Then suddenly the puzzle was seeming complete.
 
“Oh no… could it be?” she asked herself. “No… no, no. This is not right I'm a Princess. I can't fall in love with a commoner!
 
“Can't I?”
 
She didn't know, but quite frankly… she didn't care. Miyako could also see the look in her eyes, but decided not to let it out yet… these things took time.
 
Meanwhile, in Wassashi
 
Xerxes was in his palace chamber watching his pet budgies in their cage when Gaiden came bursting through the door “Master… Master!” he cried.
 
He threw a document on his table. “We've located Captain Takeru. Apparently, he spotted footprints of Sanji, the Princess' horse, in the forest and is following them straight for the Land of Kohaku.”
 
Xerxes despised that land of Kohaku. “The most peaceful place of all run by nothing but Commoners!!” he growled. “Are you certain it is the Princess he is tracking.”
 
Gaiden nodded. “But there is more, Master.” He said. “There seems to be another set of unfamiliar horse tracks along side Sanji's… which can only mean if it is the Princess, she obviously is not alone.”
 
This only made Xerxes' anger grow. “Gaiden… round up my men, you are to send them to Kohkau, and bring the Captain, and the Princess back.” he said. “And also… the commoners in Kohaku, capture them as prisoners.”
 
“Master…”
 
“You heard my orders… and if you cannot bring them alive… KILL THEM!!”
 
Gaiden would have argued greatly if his master had not been holding that sharp knife in his hands. “And if you don't…!” he snapped.
 
Gaiden was out the door in an instant.
 
As Xerxes peeled himself and apple he said to himself. “Only a few more days, and we can bid farewell to this world of commoners.”