Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Medieval Times ❯ The land of Kohaku ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
 
As Daisuke loaded the remains of their campsite up, he saw Hikari trying to reach for some apples off the tree, only she was too short to make it.
 
“Here, let me help you.” He said Kindly and gave her a boost up so she was able to grab four apples for them and the horses.
 
He gently let her down. “Thank you…” she said. “You are still a very kind man Daisuke.” She turned to feed Sanji his apple, but Daisuke just stood there gazing at the two she gave him.
 
Not many like her ever gave him such a compliment on his kindness. Daisuke wasn't sure if he wanted to admit this, but Hikari was a very interesting girl to him, not like any of the others he met in his travels.
 
Ah well… she saw him as a good friend, and that was worth enough for him… Or was it really?
 
Suddenly, a wild arrow came from out of nowhere and pinned Hikari's raggedy old robe to the tree, followed by the sound of voices and foot steps running towards them.
 
They looked up and saw a group of armed men coming right for them with spears and small swords. “AMBUSH!!” cried Hikari. Daisuke withdrew his Katana and rushed into battle.
 
He knocked one warrior's blade away and tornado kicked three more down at once. “TRIPPLE PLAY!!”
 
Hikari struggled and struggled to pull the arrow out to release her, but then she saw two more men running towards her, but Daisuke couldn't reach her in time, but he wouldn't have too.
 
“SAKURA… GO!!” Daisuke cried, and his horses cried angrily and moved forward and bumped the two men sending them rolling down the hill. Daisuke trained her to help him in times of battle.
 
No wonder she was called his trusty companion.
 
Hikari finally snapped the arrow off and just as a man was trying to ambush Sanji. She grabbed his shoulders, sup him round, and really bashed his nose good.
 
“Pardon me!” Daisuke called as he ran around another fighter while wrapping him in his chain. With a heck of a yank he tugged the chain off sending the fighter into a spinning cyclone and crashing into two more of his men.
 
 
Hikari stayed with Sanji to protect her horse from the invaders, and Sakura kept watch and kicked more men out of the way.
 
Just then an archer with long purple hair dangling out from her cloth mask stood and aimed another arrow right towards Hikari.
 
This time, Daisuke saw it. “Oh, no you don't!” he said. He pulled out his scissors and pitched them straight at the archer which snapped her bow in two. The woman confused at where those scissors came from looked up.
 
Daisuke waved his finger at her with the “No, no, no!” sign, and then he went back to fending off the men, but then the archer stood up and shouted. “STOP!!!”
 
All the fighters stopped fighting and those who were knocked out awoke. Daisuke stood down but then recognized that voice. “What… can it be?” he asked. Hikari wondered what he meant by that.
 
The Archer woman approached Daisuke handing him back his scissors. Then she reached up and pulled off her ninja mask. “Long time, no see Daisuke.” She said with a smile.
 
Daisuke felt a smile come to his face too. “Miyako (AKA: Yolei)… is it really you?” he asked. He obviously knew this woman from some time ago.
 
Miyako told her men it was alright, Daisuke was no enemy. “We thought you were thieves stealing apples from my tree.” She said.
 
Hikari stepped out from behind the horses. “Uh… Daisuke?” she called. Daisuke told her there was no danger.
 
“Miykao… this is Hikari, she was being attacked in the Dark forest, so I helped her out.” He said. The women bowed their heads to each other.
 
“A pleasure to make you acquaintance, and I apologize if we alarmed you.” She said.
 
Hikari accepted the apology in a very mannered way. Daisuke told Hikari that Miyako was an old friend of his from Kohaku, which was not very far away now. Miyako and her men agreed to help escort them to their village.
 
A while later
 
There it was up ahead… the land of Kokaku. It really looked like a beautiful place to Hikari's land in Wassashi.
 
Friendly faces everywhere, no poor people in the streets, there also didn't seem to be any super rich people at all.
 
Miyako that their land was composed of commoners who didn't believe in the rich or the superior. So everyone in the land shared their gold and savings with everyone so everyone always had the same amount.
 
No one was richer or poor than anyone in the entire village, and anyone who did not abide by their laws were banished forever.
 
“I worked here as a Tailor for a longer period of time than any other place.” Said Daisuke. “This village, though they cannot answer my scroll's text, they are the nicest people I'd ever want to meet.”
 
Hikari never knew commoners could have it in them, willing to share their supports and beliefs with each other. They actually seemed friendlier than the people in Wassashi.
 
The fighting men returned to their homes, and Miyako led the travelers and their horses to her house. Daisuke hopped down from Sakura when he recognized another familiar face coming from the house.
 
“Kenshin.” (AKA: Ken)
 
“Daisuke…” the man said and extended a welcoming hand to him. “Welcome back old friend.”
 
Kenshin and Miyako met Daisuke a long time ago when he worked as a Tailor for their town. A very kind young man always lending help to those in need. His fighter skills even proved useful in chasing away all the thieves.
 
Kenshin and Miayko were now happily married and ran a small business together selling fruits and vegetable form the fields to the town. The apple tree just outside the village was a special gift presented to them the night of their marriage.
 
Hikari thought that was ever so romantic and kind. Kenshin even grew a fast friendship with Hikari as his wife did.
 
“Come you two…” he said. “You must be weary after all your travels. Come, you can bath in our hot baths, and we shall fix you both a lovely dinner.”
 
“Thank you, Kenshin… you are very kind.” Said Hikari. Yolei even offered to give their horses a good grooming and feast… while she in her spare time repaired her bow.
 
Hikari was given a private place to change into the white bathing robes she was given. She really was starting to grow fonder and fonder of the world of Commoners. In a way she was even starting to feel like one herself.
 
But once she removed her ragged clothing her pink Princess robes were revealed. She couldn't let anyone see them and find out that she was a Princess on the run.
 
If word like that got out, that she was hanging around simple folk, for all she knew there could be great trouble lurking about, and worst…
 
Daisuke… and his friends, who she was starting to feel kindness and a strong bond with, would be framed of crimes never committed. So she quickly hid her robes out of sight so no one could find them.
 
Then was off to enjoy a well earned bath.