Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon TZ: The Beginning of The End (Original) ❯ The Gathering ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon, I don't own the Twilight Zone, shoot I don't even own myself or this computer I'm typing on so the only thing you would get would be the shirt off my back which someone else bought!


A/N: T.K. and Kari are 27; Tai, Sora, and Matt are all 30; Mimi and Izzy are 29; and Joe is 31. Also, Pixie and Gennai are eight. Don't ask! By the way, this all happens on the same day, take Time Zone into account


Digimon TZ: The Beginning of The End
Episode 1: The Gathering

by: Gennai's Apprentice


Tokyo, Japan


In a small chapel, a couple stood before the minister to be wed to each other.

"Takeru Takaishi, will you take Hikari Kamiya to love and to hold, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"

"I do."

"And do you Hikari Kamiya take Takeru to love and to hold, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"

"I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride, Takeru."

As the two newlyweds kissed, a young girl shouts from the congregation, "You go uncle, you go!"

Everyone started to giggle at the interruption, as a man with brown hair covers the mouth of the little girl and whispered something into her ear.

Later, at the reception T.K. met with the man who quieted the young girl.

"Tai, now that I'm your brother-in-law, how do you feel?"

"I thought I'd never see the day you two finally got together. It sure does take you forever just to figure out who you really love, doesn't it? I mean, look at Sora and me, we got married when we were twenty, but you had to wait until you were twenty-seven!"

"Yeah, well, we weren't quite sure yet, you know..."

"Well, to tell you the truth, I'm glad she married someone I could trust. I knew you two belonged together, just next time learn to make decisions a little faster, like a couple months and not eight years 'kay."

T.K. laughs and replies, "Ok Tai, I'll try."

"By the way T.K., how's your brother, Yamato, the famous rock superstar?"

"He's still on his European tour, I tried to contact him by e-mail, but I guess he's too busy. I wish he were here right now."

"Yeah, at least he's coming back next month, right?"

"Still..."

"Anyway, I e-mailed everybody else about the happy news, Izzy and Mimi in America and Joe in Africa. Where are you going to spend your honeymoon, T.K.?"

"At our new apartment, nothing too expensive really."

"Well, it's getting pretty late now, I'll go and get Sora and Pixie, I'll see you later brother-in-law."

"Oh brother!"

***********************************************************************< br />
Later, after the reception, the two newlyweds went to their apartment and Kari changed into more casual clothes, a yellow shirt and blue shorts. T.K. changed to a white shirt and baggy green shorts.

"Kari, I'm going to check the computer and see if Matt answered before we get some sleep."

"Ya' know T.K. this seems very causal and right now I was expecting a little more..."

"Well what do you expect, an elaborate wedding and reception, not to mention real good food, fun with our friends, especially Daisu... Oh I see... I'll meet you at the bedroom in a few moments, my dear."

T.K. turned on the computer, and loged on to the internet, he openned his mailbox to see an e-mail from Matt. He called Kari to join him, "Hey Kari look at this. Matt answered my e-mail."

Dear T.K. and Kari,
I'm sorry I'm going to miss your wedding. If not for not for my stupid contract, I'd hop on the next concord to Japan and maybe even take a chopper straight to the chapel. Fortunately, though, my tour has been shortened because of some weird incidents going on like terrorist bombings and freak weather. I'll be back in a few weeks, if that'll cheer you up. I'm so proud of you T.K., I'll dedicate a song to you guys at my next concert.
Your loving brother,
Matt

"That's so sweet, T.K. sometimes I wish I had Tai would be as considerate as Matt."

"Yeah..." T.K. continued to scroll down as something caught his eye, "Hey look at this! The e-mail address is Gennai@digiworld.com, what do you think it is?"

"Open it and we'll find out."

Dear Digidestined,
A new evil has erupted and has taken over the Digital World! We're all under attack and need your help to defeat this new evil and bring peace back to the Digiworld! Download the executable in the Attachments and open it. It will give you the information you need on how to get here, please HURRY!"

Gennai

"T.K. hurry and download the thing."

As it downloaded, they both wondered what could possibly happen next. As soon as they opened it, it showed a small picture on the screen with the words 'touch screen'.

"Well here goes nothing, hold on to me tight, Kari!"

As they touched the screen, they were both sucked into the computer.

***********************************************************************< br />
Over at Tai's house, a few blocks away from his old elementary school, his family settles down to get some rest after the long day.

"Mom, Dad, does this mean Uncle T.K. and Auntie Kari are now really my uncle and auntie?"

"Yes Pixie, but Kari was always your auntie." Sora said

"Oh."

"Alright Pixie, time for bed."

"But Dad, can't I stay up a little longer? Please! Pretty please with a cherry on top!"

Tai and Sora both said NO together and sent Pixie up to her room, but as she enters the door to her room, she asks her dad if he could tell her the story about Pixiemon and the Digital World again for a bedtime story, but Tai refused and tells her that she has to go to sleep now and that he'll come and tuck her in soon.

"Sora, I'm going on the Web and check out my mail Ok."

"Hold on, I'm going to e-mail one of my friends and ask about a new recipe she sent me, after your done, alright honey."

"Got it." Tai didn't even bother to pull up a chair since he was in a hurry. He wanted Sora to get some sleep and he knew how long she took to write an e-mail. Once the internet was running, he found an e-mail from Gennai@digiworld.com and called Sora over.

"I sure hope this is Izzy's new address, but if it isn't, remind me to cancel our service and go back to telephones and mail, this gets confusing sometimes."

"You're so silly, Tai. It probably is from Izzy though. Open it and let's find out."

As they opened it they saw the same letter T.K. and Kari saw and stood there stunned. After a little while, they opened the attachment. While it was downloading, Sora called Yolei on her cellphone and told her they would be out of town for a while and to take care of Pixie while they were away. The two held each other tightly as they both touched the screen and awaited what would happen to them.

***********************************************************************< br />
London, England


Matt looked out the window of the suite he was in and saw what he thought was a Digmon, but just shook his head and thought he was dillusionary. He sat down on a nice big couch started talking to his agent about his tour.

"Look Sam, I know you really care for me, and that all these buildings blowing up for no reason seems to scare you and me alike, so why don't we just cancel the tour and go home where it's safe."

"Not yet Matt, one more concert and we'll leave alright. I promise, we're going back to Japan in a few weeks."

"Can't you get it through your thick skull!!! The theater my group was supposed to perform in blew up two days before the concert! What if someone is after me or even worse, wants to make a point with the lives of all the people watching me during the concert!"

"Trust me, it'll be a smaller building which has gone through several bomb searches and the security in the area will be tripled, you don't have to worry that famous little head of yours."

"Fine then, but remember, it's my pretty little head that's paying for your big ugly butt mister. Why don't you go and have lunch and I'll join you later alright."

As his agent left, Matt decided to write an e-mail to his little brother and tell him that he would come back soon. Just as he sat down and connected to the Internet, he realized how long it's been since he saw his brother. He hadn't even made any contact with him for weeks now on his two month tour. As he opened the mailbox, he saw a letter from T.K. sent to him four weeks ago and read it.

Dear Matt,
Well, it seems that I'm going to be married soon, and we've gotten everything prepared. I really hope you can make it if possible, but if not, I understand. I'm going to be married to Kari and you'll be related in some way to Tai :). I really want you to come by my wedding that'll take place four weeks from now if it's possible, but I understand if you can't
Your loving squirt,
Takeru

"Dang, I forgot all about it!" he shouted to himself. "I don't think I'll forgive myself for this one. I know what I could do!" He jumped out of his seat and started to type a letter rapidly. "I'll write something back and maybe the news of my coming back soon would encourage him and tell him I'll dedicate one of my songs to him."

After he typed up the letter and sent it, he then scrolled down the list of his overstuffed e-mailbox, full of fan mail. He wanted to check out if there were any other letters from his little brother when he ran across an e-mail address that caught his eye.

"Hmm. What's this?" he mumbled to himself. "An e-mail from Gennai@digiworld.com. "Holy Moly, the Digital World, I'd better open it and see what it says." After he read it, he downloaded the attachment onto his laptop and opened the file. As it downloaded, he pulled out a piece of paper and pen and wrote his agent that he was going to be out for a while. Right before he touched the screen, he said to himself, "I hope I get to see Gabumon again..."

***********************************************************************< br />
Rwanda, Africa


Two doctors were working in a free clinic supported by World Visions (United Nations) and was helping a group of victims after a bloody tribal battle between the Hutu and Tutsi tribe.

"Joe, I need help over here, get me a blood bag, STAT!"

"Got it Jim. What happened to him?"

"Poor Jungu got five arrows in the lung. We may have to replace it, so put in a requisitions for one after we're done here bro."

After the tribesman's health stabilized Joe stopped Jim in the hallway and started talking to him. "Do you still remember when Dad changed his mind about you going to work for a free clinic somewhere in some uncivilized country in the middle of nowhere, and you dragged me into it?"

"Yeah, remember it as clear as crystal. That's one of the few things that keep me here. That memory and the compassion I have for these people..."

*Flashback*

"Jim, I'm back from the Digiworld!"

"Joe I'm so glad you made it back, I was starting to get really worried when the sky was getting all warped when the ocean first disappeared then all the others."

"Yeah, I'm glad to be back too. How long were we gone?"

"About five hours more or less."

"Joe, Jim, I'm so glad you two are alright!!

"Dad?!?!" Jim and Joe said in unison.

"After what I heard on the news and what happened here, I got a call to assemble emergency crews and to get here immediately but the mysterious fog stopped us. Then there was a break and I spent most of the time looking for you. But of course I also had to assist others and that slowed me down."

"It's okay Dad, the situation's under control, Joe here had a pretty big part in that."

"Aw shucks Jim, it wasn't much. Practically all I pretty much did was just worry a lot."

"And help you're friends in time of need, saved hundreds of lives, and defeated an evil which I don't think anybody has ever witnessed before. Yup, nothing much Joe."

"Now that you mention that, I think I'll faint now."

The three of them started to laugh, which was pretty hard to do in the midst of all this rubble that was once Joe's home. Then Dr. Kido spoke up and said, "I feel so sorry for these people. Probably a good amount of them don't have insurance and lots of them would have no money to rebuild their lives. These people who's lives you just saved, Joe, are going to lose all hope again...

Then Jim told his dad, "That's why I want to work in a free clinic, Dad. I want to help people who can't afford to go to a doctor, I want to help people who in emergencies who won't have to worry about how much it will cost. I also want to help the people in lands far away who never even dreamed of getting real medical attention. The kind of people who rely on witch doctors, and get them real help.

"You're right Jim. I said to you 'no' once before because I thought you just wanted to be some sort of hero or something and would ruin your life wherever you decided to go. But now I see your point and I agree, go ahead and become whatever you want to be. That goes the same for you too Joe. If you don't want to be a doctor, then so be it. Go ahead and write poetry if you want, as long as you do the right thing, and that would make me proud."

"Thanks Dad. I love you."

"So do I son. So do I..."

"Joe why don't you come and join me in my free clinic idea after your done with your studies? I know I can rely on you to help me help others."

"Sure Jim, I'll do it. That's me all right, good ol' Reliability!"

*End Flashback*

As Joe started up his computer in the small cramped office, he thought about what happened that day after he returned from the Digiworld. He opened his mailbox and checked out if there were any new developments in the cure for the diseases raging the area before he sent out requisitions for the things his brother told him to get like Jungu's lung.

Instead, an e-mail address which he didn't know caught his eye. "Nobody ever sends us junk mail, I wonder what it is." He opens the e-mail from Gennai@digiworld.com, and a sudden realization came over him. He immediately read the letter then downloaded and opened the attachment.

Right before he touched the screen, Joe sent out the requisition, then grabbed on to a first aid kit. He knew wherever he's going there'll be trouble. As he was sucked into his computer, he wondered if he'll ever come back to the real world alive again.

***********************************************************************< br />
Silicon Valley, California


"Gennai, wake up. Gennai wake up now!"

"A few more minutes mommy... please..."

"Izzy, I think this little boy needs a wake up call..."

"Coming Mimi. Time to wake up Gennai, It's approximately one hour until you go to school and you know you take an extremely long time to get prepared, right?"

"Huh, mommy what did daddy say?"

"He said you have one hour to get ready, and it's only because you take such a long time to get ready dear."

"That's correct. Now hop to it little boy!"

"Izzy dear, you have to stop talking so technically to your son, that's for the people you work with not here."

"You're right honey."

As Mimi watches her little boy, which she named after the one who led them through the Digiworld years ago, she thinks about the day she married Izzy, "It's been ten years since we've been married huh."

"Yup, two months after Tai and Sora, and two years later we moved here."

The two of them look at each other, both asking themselves if they would actually ever see their friends again.

"Izzy, how was the night shift?"

"Well, those business people came over to oversee the final stages of testing. We've finished the new Pineapple computer system which is loaded with everything they need. Boy, these deadline days are always hard, but I think this was really difficult.."

"Well that was an interesting day alright, all I'm going to do now is just sit around and think up a new clothes design. Not to mention all the parties and television interviews on my recent spring line that I have to prepare for... It all gets boring sometimes."

"I agree, what wouldn't be boring though would be a trip to the Digiworld."

Izzy and Mimi laughed at the thought of actually going to the Digital World once more. They reflected on the good memories they had and the times that brought them even closer together. Then Izzy chimed in "I'm going to check my computer for any e-mail I have.

Izzy turned on the computer only to find out an e-mail from a mysterious sender. "Mimi are you thinking what I'm thinking? This e-mail address, Gennai@digiworld.com, must have come from Gennai, and not our son."

After they read and downloaded the attachment. Mimi wrote a note to their butler to take care of little Gennai, as they would go on another of thier little vacations. Izzy opened the file, and turned to Mimi, "Boy, this sure does bring back a lot of memories."

"I still remember when you were ignoring me when we were stuck in that maze back when File Island separated and you were trying to find a way out. Then I got myself lost. Boy that was dumb of me."

They finished their nervous chuckle and right before they touched the screen, Izzy caught Mimi's hand and told her, "Did you notice that Gennai didn't use his weird sense of humor... I didn't think so." Izzy gripped his Pineapple laptop which he always kept around him, the very same one he brought to the Digiworld long ago expecting to use it as he and his wife both touched the screen together.

***********************************************************************< br />
In the Digital World...

Deep in a dark castle sitting on top of Infinity Mountain, An evil being said to the one next to him, "Well done Gennai, the Digidestined are coming, and I will soon have my revenge!"

"Yes master, those poor saps trust me too much to even notice..."


TO BE CONTINUED