Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digital Persephone ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Digital Persephone
By Sakura
Part 1

The Digimon Emperor sat in his control room, watching the efforts of the Digidestined. They had split up and were now causing problems in various areas of his land. He glared as another of his control spires collapsed under Flamedramon’s attack. “That damned, Davis!” he muttered. The little green digimon at his side cringed, knowing he’d soon feel the brunt of his master’s anger.
Ken started to take his anger out on the nearest thing, which was Wormmon, when his eye was drawn to one of the many monitors before the chair. “Hmm?” A brown haired girl wandered alone through a thick forest not too far from the base. She appeared to be looking for something, probably her feline digimon partner.
The girl on the screen had transfixed the Emperor’s eyes. “So beautiful,” he whispered in awe. The girl had a strange air about her that called to him. She had an inner light that made her seem like an angel to him.
“Master?” Wormmon questioned, puzzled by the boy’s sudden silence. A quick glare from him caused the little insect digimon to cringe and back away again. He knew better than to continue to disturb Ken when he was busy with something.
“She’s all alone,” the indigo haired tyrant said, smirking gleefully. “Perhaps I should send someone special to deal with her.”
“How about a Mojyamon, master? They’re good in jungles,” Wormmon suggested, even though he really didn’t want to see the poor girl hurt.
Ken swerved in his chair and promptly kicked his partner clear across the room. “If I want your opinion, I’ll give you one!” he yelled. Poor Wormmon could only whimper and crawl away to tend to the fresh bruises. “Who to send?” the Emperor murmured, various types of digimon running through his head. As he went through his list of capable slaves, the girl had gotten extremely close to a hidden cliff obscured by dense foliage. Her foot slipped on a loose stone and she went sailing off the cliff, screaming.
Ken laughed as he watched the girl land on a ledge several feet below. She managed to stand up for a few moments then fainted from the pain in her head, which had struck the cliff face on the way down. The indigo haired boy’s eyes widened in fear for a moment before returning to his usual evil self.
“This is perfect!” he said, chuckling. “How nice of her to save me the trouble of having to catch her. Perhaps I should return the favor by going myself.” He then rose from the chair, laughing triumphantly. “Wormmon! Summon the Airdramon!” he called.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Within minutes, the Digimon Emperor arrived at the girl’s location. Ordering the flying digimon to land, he leapt off his steed and landed gracefully and soundlessly at the girl’s side. “So faery tales are for real,” he whispered stroking her cheek with one slender gloved finger and resisting the urge to kiss her right there. He removed his whip from his belt and swung it over the cliff’s edge where Wormmon caught it and attached it to the Airdramon’s leg.
Chuckling to himself, Ken gingerly picked up the girl and checked the damage. It wasn’t serious; thankfully all she’d have when she woke up was a headache and a nasty bump where she had hit her head. Once he had her arranged on his back, he grabbed the whip and tugged. The dragon like digimon moved forward and the Emperor was pulled up and over the cliff.
After placing her on the Airdramon, Ken leapt onto his slave and gave the order to return to the base. “Such a lovely little prize,” he said admiring the girl.
“Master, what are you going to do with her?” Wormmon asked, cleaning off the dirt and dried blood from her wounds.
“Why keep her of course!” The indigo haired boy laughed all the way back, feeling much like a cat who’d gotten to someone’s pet canary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kari groaned as she struggled to sit up. There was an annoying ache in her head and she moaned as she tried to look around. She was in a dimly lit room with no windows, only dark metallic walls on all sides. Further scrutiny revealed that she had been lying on a large canopy bed with dark blue and gold silk sheets. A thick eiderdown blanket, which had been pulled up to her chin, was now pooled in her lap. The brown haired girl gripped her head as the ache decided to remind her of its presence.
“You really shouldn’t get up so soon,” said a voice at the end of the room. She should know whom the voice belonged to, but she couldn’t remember. In fact, she couldn’t remember anything except that she had been looking for someone important and her name was Kari.
“Where?” she asked, letting herself be pushed back onto the bed. The touch was firm yet gentle so she relaxed as whoever it was fluffed out the pillows.
“You’re safe, angel,” the voice murmured in her ear. Opening her eyes, she saw a boy her age with indigo spiky hair, his eyes hidden behind purple tinted glasses. There was something familiar about him, but what was it? She knew it was important that she remember him, but right now her head hurt too much.
“Who?” she asked again.
The boy frowned. “Surely you haven’t forgotten me so soon, Kari-chan,” he said hiding the glee. ‘What fun this’ll be! Poor dear has amnesia.’ He would’ve laughed, but necessity required otherwise.
“I’m sorry, but I don’t remember you or anything else for that matter,” Kari said, finding the boy rather handsome.
“Shh. It’s all right, angel.” The boy stroked her hair, careful to avoid the bump. “You just rest. You’ve had a nasty fall.”
“That would explain why my head feels like a herd of elephants ran over it,” she quipped. The boy chuckled; glad to see his ‘guest’ was feeling a bit better. “So are we…” she blushed slightly. “…you know…”
“Koibito?” he finished for her, secretly smirking at how easy it’d be to manipulate the girl.
Kari nodded, still blushing. “I feel like I should know you somehow and that it’s important.”
“Oh it is, Kari-chan,” he purred, “It is. We’ve been seeing each other for quite sometime now,” he half lied. Though the two have indeed been running into each other often, they weren’t exactly on friendly terms.
“I’m sorry!” she cried, ashamed of ever forgetting her own boyfriend.
The indigo haired boy gently embraced her and rubbed her back as she began to sob. “There, there, sweet. It’s all right, you’re safe that’s all that matters,” he murmured soothingly.
“But I don’t even remember your name!” Kari sobbed.
“Don’t let that worry you, itoshii.” He lifted her head and placed a quick kiss on her lips, making her blush. “I’ll help you remember, so no more tears, my angel.”
Sniffling, the brown haired girl smiled; glad to have someone who cared. “Arigatou…”
“Ken,” he replied when she began struggling for a name.
“Ken,” she repeated, wiping at her eyes.
“Get some rest now, sweet,” Ken said rising from where he sat on the bed. “I’ll come back with some food in a bit.”
“I’m sorry I can’t remember too much,” Kari apologized.
“Don’t worry about it, pet. It’ll be all right.” After giving her a quick peck on the cheek, Ken left the room as silently as he came.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Digimon Emperor smiled triumphantly before cackling and scaring several digimon slaves in the nearby halls.
Wormmon looked at his master, not sure what was going on. “Master?” he queried softly.
“What luck! She can’t remember anything!” The indigo haired boy then cackled some more. “This is going to be all too easy! She’s practically eating out of my hand!”
Being in such a good mood, the Digimon Emperor had decided to let the other Digidestined have a break. ‘Once they see I have their precious Kari as my ally, they’ll be forced to give up and the Digital World will be mine!’
Evil laughter could be heard all through the base.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During the next few days, the indigo haired boy spent as much time with Kari as he could, providing her with as much misinformation of their life together as she would accept. She had been more than willing to accept that they were a couple, but convincing her that she had run from home was a bit more difficult. It seemed that part of her core memory was fighting to break through.
However, the story of an uncaring family and equally uncaring friends was what finally convinced Kari that Ken was telling the truth. He had shown her her so-called friends on the monitors and neither of them seemed to notice or care that she was missing. Not even her digimon partner, Gatomon.
Even if she did want to go home, she wouldn’t have been able to due to her lack of memory.
“Consider this your home then,” the Emperor had said when the girl was on the verge of tears again. “You do like being with me don’t you?”
“O-Of course, Ken! I-I love you!” She then threw her arms around him, begging him not to hate her.
“Shh, angel,” he cooed, soothing her hair, “I could never hate you, Kari-chan. I was only teasing, pet.”
‘Got you!’ he smirked silently. ‘Soon you’ll be completely mine.’ He sat there until the Digidestined of Light fell asleep in his arms.
“Master is this wise?” Wormmon asked, coming into their room to collect the remains of their lunch. He really didn’t like seeing his partner lie to the poor girl like this.
“Who cares if it’s wise?!” Ken snapped, “I want her, and now I’ve got her where I want her!” The little digimon looked at the sleeping girl sadly before leaving with the dishes. “You’re my angel and I’m never letting those brats take you from me.”
The Digimon Emperor lay next to Kari, clutching her as close to him as he could. “I-I love you, Kari,” he whispered. “I need you.” Soon claimed him as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Digimon Emperor entered their room, carrying a box. Kari looked at it quizzically. “I’ve got you a present, angel,” he said cheerily.
“What kind of present, Ken?” she asked; curious as to what was in the box.
“Why don’t you open it and find out,” he replied huskily, before placing a gentle kiss on her lips.
The brown haired girl took the box when it was offered and carefully opened it. Inside was a Chinese style dress of white silk decorated with palest pink cherry blossoms and was slit on one side. The lining of the dress matched the flowers perfectly. A pair of white elbow length fingerless gloves accompanied the garment. Under the dress was a pair of slipper like shoes the same shade as the flowers on the dress to complete the ensemble.
Kari stared at the gift, unsure of what to say or think.
Taking the girl’s silence as rejection, the indigo haired boy frowned. It had taken a lot of time to program the data for it and he hated wasting his time. “You don’t like it?” he asked. “I thought you needed some new clothes since yours are practically ruined.”
The Keeper of Light blushed. “N-No,” she stammered. “I-It’s just that I’ve never gotten anything so beautiful before.”
Ken smiled, pleased that she had accepted his little present. “Why don’t you go try it on, pet,” he said, eager to see his angel wearing that sexy little dress.
Blushing, she nodded and headed for the bathroom, but not before giving the emperor a kiss on the cheek and saying, “Thank you, Ken.”
She emerged a few minutes later and the indigo haired boy stared amazed at the transformation. The dress was a perfect fit; it clung to the girl like a second skin but was not too tight to hinder movement, much like his own outfit did. She certainly didn’t look like the sweet innocent girl he’d captured only a few days before.
“How do I look?” Kari asked, blushing and unable to meet his eyes.
“Simply delectable!” was the reply. The Digimon Emperor then grabbed her by the waist and kissed her fiercely. The girl returned the embrace and began to moan as his hands began to wander.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Do we have to do this?” Kari asked looking balefully at the dark spiral in her hand. “Couldn’t we just ask them to help us?” She was no longer dressed in the pink outfit she had been wearing when she came to the Digital World. She had now taken to wearing the present Ken had given her.
The Digimon Emperor looked at his lover in sympathy and desire. She was truly an angel in that outfit, albeit a rather seductive one. He congratulated himself on his impeccable fashion sense.
He hadn’t planned to ever let the girl ‘work’ with him, but she had insisted on helping, not wanting to be neglected like she was at home. Neither did she want to spend the rest of her life being bored out of her mind.
“I’ve tried love,” he lied. “You’ve forgotten, my angel. Most digimon don’t trust us humans.”
“But why?”
“They think we’re like the viruses here,” he lied again.
“I didn’t mean that. I meant why are we trying to conquer the Digital World?” the brown haired girl asked, turning the spiral over and over.
“Kari-chan, who would you rather see rule this world, some nasty digivirus or us? You know a virus would just destroy this world where we could stop all this unnecessary fighting between the digimon.” He took the dark metallic object and gently kissed the top of her head before sending the spiral at a defenseless Terriermon. He smiled triumphantly as it attached itself to one of the digimon’s ears.
“I could have done that,” Kari said, pouting.
“I know, sweet,” the indigo haired boy said, running a gloved finger along her cheek, causing her to shiver. “I promise I’ll let you catch some more digimon tomorrow.”
Sighing, Kari let him lead her and lift her onto a waiting Airdramon.
“Trust me, Kari-chan. What we’re doing is for the best.”
The Keeper of Light leaned back into the arms holding her steady as the large flying digimon took off, the spiraled Terriermon in one claw. “I’ll always trust you, Ken,” she said, tilting her head back so he could kiss her.
“Good girl,” he whispered, pausing the kiss only for a brief moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~