Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digital Persephone ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N: You asked for it, minna so here’s an epilogue to my little KaiKari ficcie.

Digital Persephone
By Sakura
Epilogue


Ken stood in the entrance hall, smiling. “I heard everything, Kari,” he said gently embracing the girl. “Are you sure you want to stay?”
Kari returned the embrace before answering. “Yes. But I’m so confused Ken. I don’t know what to do anymore. I really want to stay with you, but a part of me keeps telling me to go back to the others.”
The indigo haired boy silently glared at the cat digimon at his love’s side, blaming her for the return of most of Kari’s memory. Not wanting to upset her partner, Gatomon silently returned a glare of her own, daring him to try anything.
“And why didn’t you? You really don’t want your parents to worry about you, do you?” he asked. Ken knew why; he had been listening in on Kari’s conversation with the other digidestined, but he needed to have her say it to his face instead of having to eavesdrop.
The brown haired girl gently broke away from the Digimon Emperor and looked him in the eye. “Ken, when you said that your love for me is real, did you mean it. Or was that a lie to get me to stay, like they said?”
He gently laid a gloved hand on her cheek. “I told the truth, Kari-chan. I do love you. I may have been just using you at first, but I’ve gotten to love you. And I always will.” He silently cursed himself for letting the truth slip, but somehow he knew she needed to hear it. “I won’t blame you if you want to leave now. I won’t try to stop you.”
He turned and started to head back to the control room.
Kari grabbed his arm. “Ken, wait. I’m not mad at you. I’ll stay. I know you don’t want to be alone anymore. I don’t know how I know this, but I do. And I…” she began to blush though she never did when she and Ken spent time together. “I love you.”
Ken smiled, greatly relieved. Even though Kari now knew that he had only intended to use her in the beginning, she had chosen to remain with him. He wouldn’t be alone again.
“I don’t think I’d be able to help you anymore though,” she said, finding the floor suddenly interesting. “Did you really mean what you said about helping the digital world, or was that a lie?”
Ken sighed. “I’m afraid it was, Kari-chan.”
“I should have known,” she said sadly.
“Do you still want to stay after what I just told you?” he asked. Kari was silent. “I only wanted a place where I’d be in control for once. No more teachers begging for help or agents telling me where to go, what to say, who to talk to.” He started to leave again, expecting her to yell at him. Tell him off and then leave his life forever.
“If you really want to rule the digital world,” Kari began, “Isn’t there another way you can do this without enslaving the digimon? Is that what you really want Ken?”
“Perhaps, but there’s no way they go along with us. Not after what we’ve… I’ve done.” Ken bowed his head, clenching his fists in self-hatred. He had allowed his hatred of his life to control him for too long.
The Keeper of Light wrapped her arms around the trembling boy, startling him. “Maybe they will if we both explain things and apologize. I’m sure most of the digimon will forgive us. It’s the virii we have to worry about.”
“Kari-chan, you really don’t have to be so nice to me. Go home to your brother and friends.” Gatomon, who’d been silent all this time nodded in agreement eager to leave the fortress.
She then spun the indigo haired tyrant around and forced him to look at her. She shook her head before speaking. “I want to Ken. I want to help you make things right. Besides I still need time to sort things out myself.”
“Kari…” he tried, unsure of what to say.
“It’s all right, Ken-chan. I’m a big girl now.” She shyly let out a giggle. “I can make my own decisions, Tai knows that. At least I think he knows that.”
“But Kari,” Gatomon started.
“I’m staying and that’s final Gatomon. Ken needs me.” The white cat digimon sighed then looked around her new home.
Seeing this, Ken summoned Wormmon, who appeared a few moments later. “Show Gatomon to her room,” he said. “Please,” he added trying not to fall back into his old habits. He had Kari’s conscience to think about now.
The little caterpillar gave a tiny small then led the cat down the hall.
After they had disappeared around a corner, Ken gently drew his love close to him, embracing her again. “Arigato, tenshi,” he whispered softly. “I love you.”
“I love you too,” she said and surprised him with a rather passionate kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several years later…

“So how are things?” Tai asked the brown haired girl as they walked through the Emperor’s palace gardens.
“Not too bad. Almost everyone is getting along, but there are still a few rogue digimon who’ve allied themselves with some virii who insist on keeping Ken and me on our toes.”
The older brunet chuckled. “Nothing too serious I hope. You know how Mom, Dad and I worry about you, Kari.”
Kari laughed. “Nope. Most of the digimon here would rather be deleted than see us harmed. Besides they’re not stupid enough to attack the castle, so we’re safe here.”
Tai nodded, though he was still worried. It was something he never really outgrew. They walked on for several more minutes in silence until he spoke again. “It’s been what, five years now?”
“Seven,” his sister corrected. “I can’t believe it’s been that long. It seems like only yesterday when Ken and I were finally accepted as the Digimon Emperor and Empress.
“I know,” Tai replied solemnly. “I still see you as my little sister and not a ruler of a whole different dimension.”
Kari hugged her brother. “Tai no matter what may have happened between us, I’ll always be your little sister.”
The brown haired boy smiled as he hugged her back. “I know, I just miss having you around that’s all.”
“I do to nii-san,” she said letting him hold her a little closer.
“Am I interrupting something?” an indigo haired teenager asked after clearing his throat, startling the two siblings.
“No koi. Just a brother/sister moment,” Kari said giving her lover and husband a kiss.
“Oh? Well I came to tell you that dinner’s ready. You know how Wormmon fusses when we’re late,” Ken said wrapping an arm around Kari’s waist. “Care to join us Taichi-san?”
“Um… gomen. I sorta promised Matt I’d come over to his place tonight. He’s working on a new song and he needs a guinea pig.”
“Perhaps another time then,” Ken said bowing slightly.
“Have fun you two. Just don’t do anything we wouldn’t,” Kari said with a teasing wink and making her brother blush.
“I’ll come visit next time I’m not so busy,” Tai said. “You just take good care of her, Ichijouji.”
“No need to worry about that, Taichi-san,” Ken called as they began to head for the dinning hall. “She’s the most precious thing I’ve got.” Kari blushed, but smiled at his words.
“Keep in touch Tai. Tell Mom and Dad I said hi!” she called. Tai turned and waved before he showed himself out of the gardens, heading for the nearest digiport.
“Thank the gods he’s doesn’t hate me anymore,” Ken said when the older Kamiya was gone.
“Me too,” Kari replied. “It was horrible not being able to talk to him without yelling myself hoarse.”
“He just couldn’t stay mad at you tenshi,” Ken said kissing her cheek gently. “No one can. We all need you light to survive, Kari-chan.” His wife blushed.
“I love you, Ken, my emperor,” she said kissing him deeply.
“Aishiteru, my empress,” he replied before returning the kiss.

~Owari~

Sakura: Thanks minna for reviewing and telling me you liked this enough to want more. How’d you like the end? Tell me what you think ok?

Beelzebumon: Do it or you’ll feel the business end of my Berenja.

Sakura: I think he means it minna. This is one Mega you don’t want to mess around with.

Terriermon: You’ve got that right. I’m still sore from the last time we fought. Owie!