Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Diminished Light: Void's Assault ❯ Beyond Boundaries ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Diminished Light: Void's Assault
Chapter 26
Beyond Boundaries
By
Sailor Janus
 
 
Yamato closed his eyes against the cool breeze as he and the other Chosen wandered through the thickly shaded forest. The sun seemed like just a memory as darkness took over the further along they went. Stalking shadows wove and shuddered around the five friends on a quest to find their missing comrade.
 
“How far did she go? Must have really gotten lost because it feels like we've been walking forever and a day,” Rosa said with a fatigued sigh. She made a face at her sneakers and tried to stretch out her back mid step. “I don't know how much further I can go. I am almost how you say it…pooped.”
 
Iori quirked an eyebrow at her then shook his head. “If you think I'm going to carry you again, forget it.”
 
“I didn't ask you to!”
 
“Then don't act like you're trying to without using the actual words.”
 
Rosa stuck her tongue out at him then stomped towards the front of the party where Tani and Taichi were walking side by side. She halted a moment then slowed her pace to trail behind them instead.
 
“Where the hell is she? Did she just sprout wings and fly away?” Taichi ran a hand through his hair in frustration then muttered a curse under his breath.
 
“We'll find her. Don't worry.” His girlfriend gave him a reassuring smile then bit her lip as though she were uncertain of her own words.
 
Yamato let his gaze linger on the two and shook his head. Sora. Where are you? Never before in his life could he imagine being as worried as he was at that moment. Granted the redhead did have a rather annoying habit of running off when upset but never had she been gone this long. Maybe I don't deserve her. Maybe I don't deserve anyone.
 
He stopped abruptly, unknown to the others and stood still as he ground his fingerless gloved hands into fists. It was his fault that Sora ran off. Not Tani's. She had been running from him so long that he was surprised that she would even return.
 
“What are you afraid of? Why do you keep pushing everyone away?”
 
The blonde's head snapped up and he blinked. He was no longer standing in the middle of a dim forest but a large grassy field surrounded by nothing. “Am I dead?”
 
“Far from it lucky for you.” The deep voice said with a mild chuckle before becoming serious once again. “But if you're not careful, you will be.”
 
Yamato spun around and found a figure shrouded in a thick pale cloak that made him resemble a ghost more than anything else. “Who are you? Are you Death?”
 
“Do I have a scythe?” The figure made no motion to move closer to the young man. “You're the one that's been running. What is more important? Having people that care for you even though you might get hurt or shielding yourself from everyone and everything and living a lie?”
 
“I don't know what you're talking about.”
 
“Stupid! You're going to kill yourself if you keep this up. You already see it in the others. You have to save yourself before you can save anyone else. I've already screwed up. Don't do the same.”
 
“Wait… Are you dead?”
 
“That's not important. Unless you want to continue down this path of emotional suicide, open up. You're pushing everyone away. You need to be a friend to yourself or you're just lying to everyone.”
 
Yamato stared at the figure frozen in shock over his words. Was it his conscience or something more? Somehow he felt that he knew mysterious man but at the same time did not. It was enough to make his head hurt. His thoughts quickly drifted towards Sora, Takeru, Gabuman, Taichi, Daisuke, Hikari and the others. He had been running. Everyone was destroying his or herself, but he was too lost trying to kill off his emotions to even react let alone notice. The only way for him to actually cope was to pretend to be who he once was, and get lost in his music…. Until his manager dropped him.
 
It almost terrified him as he reflected on how weight obsessed Sora had become despite the fact that he thought she was beautiful no matter what she weighed in at. And did I ever tell her? No, I was too busy fretting over the damn band. Taichi. When he had last seen him appeared ready to snap at any moment, but once again, Yamato did nothing. Even when he saw how destroyed Daisuke and Hikari were when he and Sora bumped into them at the ice cream parlor, he did only what was hospitable but little else, yet there was so much more he could have done. Should have done. Even his own brother was dying inside, yet Yamato was too blind, too angry to notice. I'm such an idiot. Not only was I killing myself but my friends as well because I did nothing to help them. What kind of friend am I?
 
Yamato snapped his head up and looked directly at the now silent figure with his steely blue gaze. “I understand and I will rectify this. I'll change and help my friends because that is what a true friend does.”
 
Suddenly the world seemed to vanish in a flash of light as a terrified scream reawakened his senses. “What?” He glanced around and found himself back in the forest. A second cry shattered the brief moment of silence prompting the singer to react as he took off at a frantic pace for the one voice he knew by heart. “SORA!”
 
As he raced closer Yamato came to a screeching halt, as his senses seemed to go on red alert. He frowned at a large mass of sand before it finally registered to him that it was actually quicksand and if he had gone tearing through it, there was no doubt he would have become stuck as well as.
 
Wait. Quicksand normally isn't that deep. It's usually just a few feet…. In the real world, but there is no telling if those rules apply here. He shook his head fiercely then cupped his hands around his mouth. “SORA! WHERE ARE YOU?”
 
“YAMATO?” A terror filled voice echoed back. “HELP!”
 
“HANG ON!” He gritted his teeth together as he search for some sign indicating where exactly his girlfriend was. The fact that he didn't know the location of the others didn't bode well either. Normally Taichi was best suited for heroics but since there was lack of their goggle-headed leader, one lone band member would have to do.
 
Yamato narrowed his eyes as they searched for Sora when they finally fell upon a glint of red hair in the distance. He drew a deep breath and raced towards the large mound of sand then vaulted towards it. However, rather than landing on the firm soil, he instead sunk a few inches in the gritty sand. Damn it. I'm not going to let her down anymore and nothing is going to stop me. Please hang on, Sora.
 
Quickly he moved through the quicksand, sinking a little more with each movement, his only soul purpose was to find the one person he felt he had betrayed despite how he felt towards her and only her. After what seemed like years Yamato, wading through the sand that now grazed his chin and found a shot of red hair just mere inches from his face. Fear flooded mind as he stared breathlessly at her still form.
 
Just as he thought the worst, Sora's head popped up, coated in sand as she coughed hoarsely. She paused as moment then stared at him as she craned her neck as high as it could go. Her brown eyes, wide and tear filled shut quickly as the sand tried to swallow her whole again like some terrible monster choosing the young woman for his next meal.
 
Yamato swore then dove towards her, grabbing her around the waist and pulling her limp form towards him. “Stay with me, Sora. Please, don't give up,” he said in voice that sounded too shaky to have been his own.
“Yamato.” She leaned into him and bit her lip. “If we stay still, we shouldn't sink any deeper. At least that's what I've read but….”
 
“We don't know if the same is true here. Yeah, I know.”
 
“So, what's going to happen to us?”
 
“If Taichi gets his ass here, we should be fine. If he doesn't…. well I guess I'll have to think of something.” He paused a moment and pressed Sora's back tighter to his chest, trying to keep her at the same head height he was. He hesitated as he listened to her soft breathing. “I- I know I've been a screw up lately with the band and all. Things have just been a mess and I've been really frustrated since my manager dropped us and well… damn it.” He tilted his head up and closed his eyes. “I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Sora. I've practically ignored you and everyone else…. I haven't been a very good friend to anyone including myself and even if you can't forgive me, I understand. Hell, I probably can't even forgive myself.”
 
She lifted one hand to his and squeezed it. “Life just swept us all away…. And not exactly to a place we wanted. I understand that things didn't exactly turn out as we hoped, but that doesn't mean we have to let those dreams go either. I have faith in you, Yamato. You'll find you big break and that idiot of a manger will just have to eat his toupee.”
 
Yamato opened his mouth to reply but was instead interrupted by a very familiar loud mouth calling out to them.
 
“Hey! You two okay?” Taichi peered down at the couple from the branch of a tree. Tani stood balanced on one limb below them, a frown very evident on her normally serene face.
 
“Tai, it looks like they're stuck in quicksand,” she murmured.
 
His gaped in shock at her statement then dropped down from his perch before anyone could protest. “Stay put! I'm going to find a branch or a pole or something.”
 
Iori however grasped the back of the leader's shirt. “Wait. A human chain might be more effective as long as no one loses their grip.”
 
Rosa glanced at him then at the tree she was standing next to as if reaching a silent understanding. A slow smile crept up on her lips and she wrapped one arm around the thick trunk, hugging it for dear life then reached out towards the stoic teen. He looked at the offered hand before accepting it then moved towards the mass of sand.
 
“Teamwork.” Tani jumped down and grinned as she took Iori's other hand then grabbed Taichi's.
 
“Yeah. I guess I should be the one to pull them to safety. Okay, ready when everyone else is.” He said with a glint of determination in his eyes.
 
“Will you just move your ass before I have to swallow anymore sand?” Yamato growled at his best friend as he tried to ignore the pain in his rigid muscles. If he didn't move soon it was evident he'd end up dealing with some serious cramps in his legs.
 
“Right.” Together Taichi and Tani headed into the quicksand, sinking deeper the nearer they got to their friends.
 
Yamato turned to Sora and gave her a quiet smile. “You first,” he whispered, brushing his lips against her temple then directed her towards the begoggled leader. “Be careful.”
 
“Wouldn't dream of letting my two best friends get hurt,” Taichi said in a tone that surprised Yamato. It had been a long time since he heard that tone and oddly, he found it both refreshing and comforting. It was a quality that belonged to a true leader and made him realize that perhaps it wasn't too late to change. Little did he know that the changes were already in progress, including for himself.
 
Once everyone was safely on solid soil, only then did the others point out something rather peculiar about the musician as he dusted the sand from his golden blonde tresses.
 
“Um, Yamato? Did you notice that your clothes have changed?” Sora questioned with a knowing laughing. She made a slight face at her still gray clothing then shrugged. “I think you look really good.”
 
“Huh?” He glanced down and nearly did a double take. The high-necked long sleeved shirt he wore was now a deep coppery red color underneath a long tan vest, which matched perfectly with his tan colored slacks and short fingerless gloves. His boots of course were the same shade of copper as his shirt. “I guess I must have activated my Power Stone too.” He pulled out his stone and held it up. “It's tan not blue.”
 
“I guess no more black for you, buddy,” Taichi chuckled as his friend made a face.
 
Sora stepped towards her boyfriend and grabbed his arm. “I think it looks fitting.”
 
Rosa turned to Sora and Iori then pouted. “I guess we're the only ones left stuck wearing gray.”
 
“I don't mind it,” he shrugged.
 
She rolled her eyes. “With your personality I shouldn't be surprised.”
 
“We'll get there eventually, don't worry but um, can we eat something please?” The red head bit her lip and bowed her head. “And I'm sorry for running off. I wasn't thinking and I got upset….I'm sorry.”
 
Tani lowered her head too. “I apologize as well. I said some things that I should have and…. Sorry.”
 
“Let's do the apology thing later. I'm kind of starved myself.” Taichi said earning a few chuckles as he stomach growled. Once the later died down the group decided that it sounded like a good idea and settled down for some much needed rest.
 
*~*~*~*
 
The bite of cold nipped at the back of Michael's neck despite the cover of his shoulder length curls. The cave was dim and didn't provide too much protection from the chilling temperatures of the snowstorm outside it. He wished for a nice steaming hot cup of coffee. What he got instead was lukewarm broth left over from his ramen. He made a face and set the cup down.
 
“What's wrong, Michael?” Mimi blinked at him in wonder from his side. She wrapped her arms around herself and shivered slightly. “I wish I had something warmer to wear.”
 
He studied her for a moment then slipped his jacket off and tossed it to her. “Wish granted.”
 
Mimi's mouth fell open in protest. “But what around you? Your shirt even with long sleeves can't be that warm.”
 
The American however shrugged. “I'll be fine.”
 
She stared at him a moment then sighed as she pulled the jacket up close to her. Catherine tilted her head in concern at the young woman but remained silent, glancing briefly at Takeru who was leaned against the wall of the cave with a rather blank expression on his face.
 
Akina tapped her empty cup on the ground and frowned. She rose to her feet and headed towards the mouth of the cave without a single word to the others.
 
“I wonder how long we'll have to wait here,” Catherine murmured to no one in particular.
 
A sudden shout from Akina had Koushiro leaping to his feet in a panic. The others stood as well and raced in the direction of her distress-filled cry.
 
“Oh shit,” Michael cursed as everyone came to a halt in front of a thick wall of snow covering the entrance to the cave.
 
“We're trapped.” Akina brought her hands to her mouth fear. Koushiro came up behind her and dropped a comforting hand on her shoulder but said nothing.
 
“What are we going to do?” Catherine clutched at her heart as though it was about to be torn from her chest.
 
“Michael?” Mimi looked at him expectantly, her brown eyes shimmering with hope. “You have a plan, right?”
 
He froze with realization as the other Chosen turned to him as well. They trusted him. They trusted that he would be able to find away out of this predicament and save the day like some kind of hero. The problem was that he never viewed himself as an actual hero. No one ever believed he could be, nor did he actually ever trust anyone to allow him into such a position. Sure Mimi was his girlfriend, but he always held back and suspected that she did as well. But now…. it was different.
 
For as long as he could remember no one actually expected anything out of him. He was just simply Michael Nicholson. Sure Betamon tried to convince him he was so much more and he even began to believe it but as time went on, his views seemed to change back his old ways of thinking.
 
As the son of a movie actor he was expected to be a spoiled brat and in some ways he may have been, but that was only because what he really wanted was to know his parents loved him. They seemed so consumed in work that at times he could question whether or not they actually cared what happened to him. Regardless, he never expressed how he felt, kept to the same easygoing attitude around them and everything went smoothly.
 
Then there was Mimi. Mimi, his one source of light despite whatever happened. She was fearless, smart, and beautiful no matter what anyone said about her. When they were together it seemed as though the world stood still and they were unstoppable…. at least that how it was at first. He couldn't remember when, but slowly things seemed to deteriorate between them.
 
You didn't trust her, you idiot, and she knew it. He scowled at himself. It was so obvious, yet he didn't see it. He didn't trust anyone and they knew it. He wasn't a very good leader because in order to be one you had to trust everyone on the team otherwise it just falls apart. Despite how many times he had been practically stabbed in the back by old friends back in middle school in high school; stealing from him, turning on him and or Mimi, or plainly lying to his face, he had to remember that these were not those same people. Not everyone would push him into the mud, some may even help him out of it on their own accord.
 
Michael hesitantly shifted his gaze to the Chosen as though afraid of what he would find. Okay, Takeru. I don't really know him but he's an okay guy and seems to have a thing for Catherine who would seems like the type that wouldn't hurt a fly and yeah he was a bit of an ass, but he seems to have cooled off at least for now. Koushiro… well, he showed he can blow his top but kept it pretty under control…and Mimi has known him since they were kids. Hell, she knew Takeru for the same amount of time. Akina was, as Mimi termed it, a bit bitchy at first, but I guess she had her reasons. And Mimi… He smirked as he reflected on the times when they snuck out at night together, often leading to being grounded whenever they were caught. He sighed as the memory faded then set his jaw and he refocused on her. This is ridiculous. There is absolutely no reason for me not to trust anyone them. We're all Chosen and I guess in some form that makes us all family and unlike my own stupid parents, I'm not turning my back on them.
 
“Mimi.” The brunette spun around in curiosity as her boyfriend walked briskly towards her, snatched her wrist and yanked her towards him. He smirked then pulled her closer and planted his mouth on hers in a rather breathtaking kiss.
 
Michael swore the room became brighter as he kissed Mimi. It wasn't until they finally parted; her blushing madly at the fact that they had a gaping audience, that he realized that something was indeed different. “Whoa. Maybe I should kiss you more often. Not meaning to be cheesy but you really brightened my life,” he cracked a grin as he examined his clothing. His long sleeved shirt was now a rich emerald green. The jacket draped over Mimi's shoulders, as well as his pants were copper trimmed in a deeper brown that was the same shade as his hiking boots. Interestingly, on his head of curl blonde hair was a green and brown ball cap turned backwards.
 
Koushiro smiled at the change in his friend. “Do you know what color your Power Stone is?”
 
“Let me check.” He pulled the stone from his pocket then tossed it playfully in the air, caught it and frowned at the tree carved in the center. “Looks like it's kind of coppery, like a penny,” he said in reference to the American one-cent piece. “I still don't know what to make of the tree though.”
 
Akina peered over his shoulder then smiled. “It's Trust.”
 
“Trust?” He blinked at her then chuckled. “Well then, lets see if you guys can uphold your trust in me to get us out of here.” He studied the wall of snow for a moment then raced back to the part of the cave that they had set camp in and returned with a pile of empty ramen cups.
 
“What are you doing, Michael?” His girlfriend frowned as he tossed a paper cup at her.
 
“We dig. It may take some work but hell, if we work together hopefully we can get out of this death trap.”
 
Takeru looked from the cups in Michael's hands to the snow then accepted one as well. “It's worth a shot,” he shrugged moving towards the snow.
 
The others agreed in their own way that digging was their best option so far and with determination grabbed an empty ramen cup and began to dig.
 
*~*~*~*
 
The rain fell in heavy torrents drenching the Chosen as they moved briskly through the storm. Jyou gritted his teeth as he hugged himself wishing he could be anywhere but there. Even an exam room sounded more promising than being soaked to the bone.
 
“I HATE THIS PLACE!” Ami screamed in frustration as she continued crying.
 
Miyako gritted her teeth, folding her arms more tightly against her chest as she glared at the sobbing girl out of the corner of her eye. It was evident that she didn't like Ami too well.
 
“It's wearing on me too,” Wallace muttered as he kept his head low, leading the others through the rain on their quest to find shelter before anything worse happened.
 
“With my luck, I'm going to catch pneumonia,” Jyou grumbled as he squinted through his water-streaked lenses. Furiously he wiped them with his sleeve but it did little improvement.
 
“Don't say that. It'll only make matters worse.” Ken looked at the elder of the group and shook his head as though he knew those very words could make it come true.
 
“Yeah, well I don't exactly have much faith in things getting any better.”
 
That very sentence prompted Ken to stop mid-run resulting in his girlfriend skidding and nearly plowing into him. As Miyako screech in shock, Ken grabbed her shoulder and arm, preventing a rather embarrassing collusion from occurring. He looked briefly at Miyako to make sure she was okay then turned swiftly to face Jyou who was staring dumbfounded at him. “What the hell are you saying? Are you just giving up?”
 
“You don't know me.”
 
“Like hell I don't.”
 
“Ken!” Miyako touched his shoulder and he loosened his tightening grip on her arm.
 
“I know what's it's like. You don't know what is up or down or what you're really supposed to be doing. I know because if you don't remember I wasn't exactly playing on the right side at the beginning. Don't let your emotions rule you, but don't ignore them either.” He paused a moment and took Miyako's hand. “I know it's not just the weather that is bothering you, Jyou.”
 
Jyou slowly nodded, unaware that the rain was falling even harder than before. “I'm the oldest yet I always feel like I'm behind in everything. I'm the shortest, the weakest and most pathetic guy of all. I'm still in med school for crying out loud!”
 
Ken's eyes softened as he nodded in understanding. “No one ever said you had to be the best or that being the oldest meant you have to be like some sort of superhero.”
 
“Kenny's right.” Wallace chimed in with a grin as he draped his arms over the two friends shoulders. “You've just got to be you no matter what anyone says because hey, if you're not Jyou then who are you?”
 
“Jyou is… nothing. I'm not anything. I'm just nobody.”
 
Miyako rolled her eyes and shoved Wallace's arm off the depressed young man. “Now that's the biggest piece of bullshit that I've ever heard. Look, you're a Chosen Child, and a very important part of the team. You may not see it, but it's true. Now stop doubting yourself and just go with it.”
 
Jyou looked between the three faces shining with determination and promise for him then glanced at Ami who appeared to once again be in her own little world as she stared down at the drenched grass. He closed his eyes for a moment in thought, wishing the rain would end already.
 
I am always behind, he bitterly thought turning away from the others. His thoughts however drifted towards Gomamon and their first adventures in the Digital World. He could recall how often he wanted to give up, but didn't. Instead he persevered. And when Iori was having difficulty in his role as a Chosen Child, he encouraged the youngster to do his best. He may not have been the bravest, fastest, or even smartest at times, but he did support his friends when they were having doubts of their own. I can do that. Sure I'm not exactly a leader but it's still important to hold faith in everyone's abilities others we'd get nowhere.
 
Suddenly a brilliant and warm glow flooded throughout him as he cried out in bewilderment. As it died away, the rainstorm seemed to calm as well.
 
“Don't know what you did, Jyou, but you must have done something right.” Wallace exclaimed with a laugh as he clapped the now speechless young man on the back.
 
“But- I” he stammered then blinked in surprise to find himself in a dark blue vest a few shades lighter than his shoulder length hair, over a crisp white turtleneck. His corduroy pants were a deep brown and his shoes were black. He scratched his head in confusion then removed his Power Stone from his pocket and started, almost dropping the stone. “It-it's brown! I thought Faith was gray.”
 
“Apparently, the colors of the stones are different, though I'm still confused on that one myself,” Ken said softly. He glanced at Ami who was being oddly silent. “Are you okay?”
 
She blinked and slowly nodded. “Y-yes. I-I…. We should probably find a cave or something before we get trapped in another downpour.”
 
Miyako frowned at the girl's response then shrugged. “Sounds like a good idea.”
 
Wallace nodded. “Right, so let's head out.” Together the quintet trudged through the saturated grass in hopes of finding a shelter before anything could happen.
 
*~*~*~*
 
Daisuke breathed in deeply, and frowned to discover what should have been fresh ocean air to be rather stale. He shook his head and peered down at Hikari, cradled in his arms appearing so weak and fragile that he was afraid she would shatter into a million pieces if he didn't figure out a way to get them out of there soon. His eyes saddened at the shadows of torment in her eyes. He knew she was in pain, and wished there were someway to take it all away. “Hey, how are you holding up?”
 
“I'm holding,” she gritted her teeth as though it helped lessen the pain in her ankle. “You?”
 
“Same.” He winced at the awkward speech but decided it was probably because it took more effort for Hikari to keep herself from crying than it was to form actual sentences.
 
She gripped at the shoulder of his jacket and leaned her head into his shoulder, exhaling sharply. Her eyes were wet with unwanted tears, but there was no comment made about them. “I hate being weak.”
 
“You're not weak, Hikari.”
 
“I am now,” she said with a sigh. “He made me that way. He incapacitated me to the point where I'm not good for anything.”
 
Daisuke stopped and looked down at the girl in his arms. “Hey, you did a pretty damn good job fighting even though you did get hurt worse in the end. It happens. It doesn't mean you're any weaker than you are because guess what? Strength isn't always a physical thing, it's mental too… you taught me that.” The last part came out as only a whisper. “We'll be okay. I don't know how I know, but I just do.”
 
Hikari stared at him for a long time then lifted her head and kissed his cheek in a gesture of thanks. “I-I don't quite know what I feel for you, but…. I-I think I like you. I'm not sure if there is anything more or less but…. Maybe once I get my memories back I'll be able to figure things out a lot better than I am now.” She gave him a weak smile as a faint blush tinted her cheeks.
 
He nodded at her with a pleasant smile of his own but said nothing in return as he began walking along the beach again.
 
She leaned her face against his shoulder and sighed. “Why couldn't I have met you in high school instead of Nitoni? How the hell did I end up with him anyway?” She touched her head and groaned in frustration. “I'm so confused. Because, because…. I don't know. I just….don't know.”
 
“You'll figure things out,” he said softly. Deep down he wished he could confess everything to Hikari, but knew it wouldn't be fair for her. It'd be better for her to remember everything rather than go by the bits and pieces she had already. Either way, he knew that the outlook appeared a lot brighter despite everything that had been happening to them.
 
“I don't care about my memories anymore. They are in the past. This is the present, the now.” She paused a moment as if fighting whether or not she would say what she was about to next. “I want to stay with you.”
 
Daisuke nearly tripped. “Hikari-”
 
She however looked at him with a deep fire burning in her brown eyes. “I don't want to go back to Kyoto. I just want to be wherever you are. You've done so much for me and I can tell that you like me; at least a little bit. Please don't make me go back there.”
 
“I…” An angry roar from afar caught his attention forcing him to redirect his focus away from Hikari and the conversation. He squinted towards the ocean and froze, nearly dumping the girl cradled in his arms on the coarse sand at the sight of a wave that made Tokyo Tower look like a doghouse. “Shit. Hold on tight, Hikari because we need some distance from that thing and fast.”
 
Hikari looked as well and gasped then secured her arms around Daisuke's neck more firmly as he bolted down the beach in the opposite direction. He swore again however as his feet slid in the sand resulting in him toppling over with Hikari still in his arms. The two hit the gritty surface hard, and skidded a few inches.
 
The boy stared at the ground, dazed by the cry of agony and fear near him. He suddenly snapped out of it as he regained focus, but by that time it was too late. The last thing he remembered was the lack of salt in the scent of the water as the wave crashed down upon them.
 
*~*~*~*
 
This chapter oddly enough was rather hard to complete. I don't know if it was because there has been just too much going on (moving, schedule changes, and now lack of car) but it was like pulling teeth in some parts.
 
Anyway I hope you enjoyed the newest chapter and I'll try to get the next one out a lot sooner than this one.