Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Diminished Light: Void's Assault ❯ Brewing Trouble ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Diminished Light: Void's Assault
Chapter 29
Brewing Trouble
By
Sailor Janus
 
 
The wind blew stronger as the Chosen raced passed tree after tree, a very frantic Tani in the lead. The sky above them was darkening with unwelcoming shades of green. Neither were friendly signs.
 
“What is going on?” Rosa shouted in a mix of fear and irritation over not knowing what the elder girl was so paranoid about.
 
“In simple terms; Shina is pissed. I think my other sisters have activated their stones now too,” Tani yelled back.
 
“How do you know?” Yamato looked at the young woman who once seemed sickly, now appeared to be able to do a marathon without barely breaking a sweat.
 
“I remember things that she had done that I didn't before. Let's just say that we all have been involved in each other's lives before we even met.” She came to a halt and leaned over her knees trying to catch her breath before she could pass out.
 
“What do you mean?” Sora looked the young woman over, dreading what she might say next.
 
Tani shook her head and shoved a loose strand of hair from her face. “Shina has been angry with all of you since the beginning because every time you mess up her plans.”
 
“What are you talking about?” Iori folded his arms over his chest then looked back towards the blackening sky. “We didn't even know her.”
 
“Doesn't matter. Do you remember having issues with a Keramon that evolved to a Infermon?”
 
“Wait. Are you trying to tell us that your sister was behind that? It seemed no matter how many times we killed that thing it'd keep coming back.” Taichi grumbled then scratched his head as he thought back. “I think the last time we saw it was…”
 
“Three years ago? Or in this case, not even a month ago.” Tani studied the shock that washed over each of her friends' faces. “Shina has been tracking all of you since the beginning.”
 
“Even me?” Rosa frowned as she speculated the concept further. “But how?”
 
Tani chewed on her lip as she considered the question. “I don't know. She was always at her computer when she wasn't fighting with me or tormenting poor Ami and Akina. I don't think our parents really understood why she did what she did.”
 
Yamato rubbed his chin. “Seems to me that she wanted attention in whatever way she could get it and when she didn't, she found other ways, harmful ways to get what she wanted.”
 
“What a bitch,” Taichi growled, bunching his hands into fists as his rage increased.
 
“Taichi! Language!” Sora scolded him, but remained ignored. She sat down and drew a deep breath and exhaled.
 
“Feeling sorry for yourself won't help.”
 
The young woman lifted her head and blinked at the sight of a figure draped in white. “What?”
 
“Your heart is heavy with emotion that you try to keep concealed. You barely ever express how you really feel.”
 
“That's not true,” Sora said defensively, but her tone wavered, weakening her conviction. “I mean I try… I guess I just don't want to get hurt,” she softly admitted. She thought back to how often she held back when it came to relationships, romantic or otherwise. No matter how often her friends tried to get her to open up, she only gave them a fraction of herself.
 
“Even Piyomon could see it,” she muttered sadly to herself. If it hadn't been for her digimon, she may never have developed a relationship with Yamato, a relationship that seemed to have been slowly dying. “I was foolish. I'd try to be what was expected of me instead of letting people see the real me. I wouldn't let them see the real Takenouchi Sora.”
 
You were scared. But don't let fear push you away from what is important; protecting those you care about.”
 
Sora nodded, a smile slowly curving on her pale lips. “Yeah. I've gone though worse and still managed to pick myself up and continue on. I can't fear rejection, I'm the Chosen of Love for crying out loud and though love may not necessarily be fearless, it has an indomitable strength that when used properly, is untouchable.”
 
She turned her head to thank the mysterious woman, but found she that was gone. Instead Sora was standing amongst her peers who oddly enough were staring at her. She turned to Yamato and frowned. “What? Is my hair sticking up straight or is the dirt on my face making me look like I have a mustache or something?”
 
Grinning he shook his head. “I think you may have just activated your Power Stone.”
 
“What?” Sora glanced down at her shirt and let out a small shriek. Instead of the bland gray, she too was clothed in vivid colors. Her v-neck zip up vest was now a bright red over a long sleeved shirt the color of a pink rose. Her gloves were also red as were her sneakers. Blue denim pants with a light green sweatshirt tied around her waist completed her look. “It's… not bad. But….” She pulled out her stone mid-sentence and jumped in surprise. “No way. It's pink!”
 
“Pink?” Taichi peered over her shoulder and stared at the stone in bewilderment. “But how? I mean Hikari's was-”
 
“Simple,” Iori cut in. “We don't seem to have the same colors we did before. You do have gray now, Taichi,” he reminded their leader.
 
“Oh yeah.”
 
Tani smiled at Rosa who had not said a word since Sora began to glow before her clothing changed colors. “I guess that just leaves you for last. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have that stone activated in no time.”
 
The Mexican girl lifted a shoulder in a slight shrug. “Yeah. I guess so.” She kicked at the ground briefly and focused on her gray shoes.
 
Sora chewed on her lip as though nervous, tucking her hands behind her back as she gazed towards Yamato out of the corner of her eye. She took a deep breath, wincing slightly and muttered, “What the hell.” His eyebrow quirked in question at her words when she suddenly threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around him as though he were the only thing to keep her from drowning. “I love you.”
 
The words were soft as a whisper, but in his own head it was as though she had shouted them at the top of her lungs. As if his girlfriend of seven, no four year had never said them it seemed so long ago. He held her against him as she buried her face in his shoulder. A smile crept up on his lips and he leaned his head towards hers. “I love you too, Sora.”
 
Tears slid down her pink cheeks as she sniffled. “I'm sorry, Yama. I've been stupid and running around in circles over everything. I mean your band was dumped and I can't even find anyone who's interested in my designs…”
 
“Shh, Sor. It's okay. Everything will be fine. I've been stupid too but to be honest, you're all I need. We could live in a cardboard refrigerator box and I'd be happy because you'd be there. Screw the damn band. I don't need them. You're all I need and all I want.”
 
Taichi smirked and elbowed Tani who was trying not to watch the other couple. “Ten to one that those two will end up in a lip lock any second now.”
 
“Taichi!” She scowled at him to which he retorted by grabbing her by the arms, pulling her close and kissing her.
 
Rosa rolled her eyes and folded her arms over her chest as she muttered, “Get a room.” She swished her ponytail as she tilted her head back and sighed. Her brown eyes however narrowed as they met a very unwelcome sight in the distance and began cursing creatively in Spanish as panic quickly overrode annoyance.
 
Iori's head snapped up as Rosa unknowingly backed up into him. He frowned at her in question, catching bits in pieces of what she said as well as the frantic tone of her words. “Slow down, Rosa. What's wrong?” He touched her shoulder trying to keep her steady as well as from stumbling on his own feet.
 
“It-It's I think there's a tornado over there!” A shaky hand gestured towards the south, between a gap in the cluster of trees. He looked where she was pointing and began his own cursing.
 
“We have trouble!”
 
“Son of a bitch,” Taichi growled and protectively took Tani's hand in his own as he glared coldly at the massive tornado heading towards them from afar. “I want to find my sister damn it but someone seems to think otherwise. Damn them.”
 
“I'm sorry, Tai,” she murmured, squeezing his hand.
 
He gave her a dark grin and shook his head. “I'm not letting this shit or any other take me down or anyone else with it. Lets move because somehow lots of trees plus a tornado does not sound too entertaining of an idea to experience about now.”
 
“Right, we need to find either a shelter or a ditch without any trees to be used as projectiles nearby.” Yamato nodded firmly, looking intently at the twister.
 
“But how? This place seems to keep changing on us,” Sora inquired balling her hands into fists.
 
“So you noticed too.” Taichi chuckled bitterly and pulled his goggles over his forehead, his brown eyes darkening with determination. “The only thing we can do at this point is run and if we're lucky, we'll find some place safe.”
 
“As good a plan as any,” Iori nodded and pulled his backpack over his shoulders as the others gathered their own things.
 
“I'm going to find you, Hikari. If it's the last thing I do. There is no way in hell a damn tornado, storm or whatever else is thrown at us is going to knock me down. Count on it.” With those words said, Taichi lead his friends through the tangles of tree trunks as the wind howled behind them. He would keep them all safe if it was the last thing he did.
 
*~*~*~*
 
Snow fell heavily on the Chosen as they trailed blindly down the mountain. The gusts wailed hauntingly like dead spirits as they tried to maintain their footing, walking carefully upon rock and ice. Michael swore under his breath, as the wind whistled in his numb ears.
 
“Slow down, Akina,” Mimi hissed through chattering teeth. The dark haired young woman did not yield and only continued further down the mountain, practically dragging Koushiro behind her. “She is like really spooked.”
 
Catherine cried out in alarm as her feet slid out from under her on a particularly slick patch of ice. Before she could fall face first to the rocky soil, Takeru caught her by the arm pulling her up to safety. She gasped in horror at what could have been if it weren't for the blonde writer and gave him a shaky smile in gratitude. “That was as you say, a close call. Thank you, Takeru.”
 
“You're welcome,” he nodded and released her once she managed to steady herself. “Um, glad I could help.”
 
She looked at the lone Chosen still clothed in the lifeless shades of gray and placed her hand reassuringly on his arm. “You'll activate your stone soon too. I just know it.”
 
“I'm not worried about it,” Takeru snapped then scowled knowing it was obvious that he was doing a very poor job of lying through his teeth. Instead he dug his hands in his pockets and quickened his pace.
 
Catherine winced at his tone but shook her head sadly, knowing he was struggling with himself, but the reason still escaped her. Instead she tried to keep up with him in hopes that he might learn to trust her again. She squinted through the white haze at Akina's frantic form and frowned. “She really is scared.”
 
Koushiro stumbled over a rock, nearly falling on his face as he struggled to keep up despite having been lead around by his still fearful girlfriend. He pondered a moment if they were still a couple, but quickly shoved the thought away as he almost wound up tripping over a rather large jagged rock that would have definitely hurt if he had fallen on it. “Akina, slow down!”
 
“Huh?” She stopped dead and spun around to face him, shock shone on her face and glinted in her green eyes as though he had just slapped her.
 
“Calm down. You're going to get us killed if you keep leading us around like a mad woman.” He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. “I understand that you are afraid of your sister, but don't you think you're overreacting a bit?”
 
She pursed her lips together as thought she were about to either scream or burst into tears. Instead she closed her eyes briefly and drew a breath as the other Chosen finally joined them. “I already told you. We aren't safe here. It's practically a blizzard out here and Shina is a major threat. She's tried to kill everyone many times before. Don't underestimate her.”
 
“She can't be as bad as Ken was as the Digimon Kaiser,” Takeru shook his head at the young woman who glared at him in turn.
 
“Wanna bet? Do you even remember what happened three years ago, or should I say last month?”
 
Five pairs of eyes stared blankly at her, which only increased her panic. “Were we supposed to?” Mimi studied her carefully and glanced towards Michael who shrugged.
 
Akina's jaw all but dropped off her face as she stepped back in disbelief. “You're kidding me. Shit. I don't believe this. Shina tried to wipe all of you out but somehow one of you beat her. I don't know who but she was so infuriated that she completely trashed the room she shared with Ami. If she didn't hate all of you before, she did after that.”
 
“What happened?' Takeru inquired as an ill sensation flooded his gut.
 
“Someone completely eradicated her digimon,” the raven haired young woman said softly as the storm seemed to grow angrier. “Every time before that she found a way to bring Keramon back…. until then. She spent hours trying to bring her partner back but nothing worked. After that she demolished her computer in a heated rage, forced Tani and I to follow her into the Digital World days later as she dragged Ami in with her and stranded us here vowing revenge.”
 
“How horrible,” Catherine whispered. “It sounds like she needs some serious help.”
 
“Or something like that,” Michael muttered, fury brewing in his eyes. “I have a really bad feeling now.”
 
Mimi reached towards his hand and held it as though it may be her last chance to ever hold it again. “You're not the only one.”
 
“Something keeps nagging at me,” Koushiro murmured, pressed his gloved hand to his chin. “If someone had destroyed your sister's digimon then why don't we remember? Who was it and what exactly happened?”
 
Akina bit her lip. “I don't know,” she said softly, her eyes filled with questions. “I wasn't there, I only saw and felt the aftermath of it. She threatened to destroy the Digital World as well by implementing a virus program to erase all the files, but after I saw how she had demolished her computer…. I knew she was lying….then she opened a gate with my computer by hacking into it, grabbed Ami…choking her….” Her eyes flooded with tears as fragments of that day flooded back. “She wasn't my sister… I don't know who she was but she wasn't my sister….It was like something took over or something. If Tani remembers, she probably is overwhelmed with the guilt that she could have prevented this from happening. If she had managed to keep Shina under control maybe we wouldn't be here right now…. Damn it.”
 
“Akina…”
 
“No.” She shook her head viciously. “This is what she wants. She wants me to drop my guard by going over everything and wishing I could have changed it, changed time, which I can't. I can't let this distract me.”
 
“I believe that would be a proper term,” Catherine said in a shaky voice pressing one hand to her chest as she stared towards the top of the mountain.
 
Takeru's eyes flashed at her trembling demeanor and fought not to rush to her side. “What do you mean?”
 
“I mean that there appears to be a large amount of snow rushing towards us!”
 
Mimi spun around and gasped in horror, clutching onto Michael's arm, watching an ever growing cloud of white head in their direction. “It-it-it's an avalanche!”
 
“Ah shit!” The American shoved his hat more firmly on his head and took his girlfriend's hand. “We have no choice now, we'll have to run and hope no one gets hurt on the way down. Everyone pair up, and don't lose track of each other.”
 
“Hope, yeah right,” Takeru muttered under his breath then glanced towards Koushiro who was already running along with Akina. He grumbled under his breath as he realized he was paired with Catherine by default. “Let's go.”
 
“Right,” she gave him a sad look as they raced off after the other two couples, with only survival on their minds.
 
*~*~*~*
 
Rain fell in heavy torrents soaking the five Chosen to the bone as they struggled through the wet sand, sinking an inch as they went. Legs burned, eyes stung, and skin became froze and numb but they continued fighting to gain as much distance as possible from the raging ocean.
 
Miyako narrowed her eyes as looked at the bright colors of her companions then dropped her gaze to the mute grays she was still clothed in. She wasn't a real Chosen. She knew that. Mimi had Purity and Sora had Love, which left her with nothing. She had to wonder what was to become of her and why she had a clear empty crest around her neck. “I don't belong.”
 
“Miya?” Ken turned to her in concern as though he could sense her despair.
 
“I'm fine. Just cold,” she replied quickly, swiping back a drenched strand of hair from her face.
 
He nodded, but his eyes did not show the same acceptance. Instead he left her be as they trailed through a mass of crushed shells.
 
Miyako closed her eyes as tears rolled down her cheeks. She hated feeling useless, but there was no way to fix it now. I'm just nothing.
 
“Ami, watch it! That was my foot,” Jyou's voice boomed from the distanced, edged with pain.
 
“Sorry!”
 
“Less talk, more walk, people,” Wallace called out as he tried to lead them to what was hoped to be safety rather than a grizzly death.
 
I shouldn't even be here. I have no value. Why drag me here if I'm not even a full Chosen? She closed her eyes as she continued drowning in sorrow.
 
“Feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to do you any good. You're strong than that,” an unfamiliar feminine voice said in a tone that sounded like disappointment.
 
Miyako's head snapped up in surprise and discovered that she was alone in a white mist. “Ken? Where are you?”
 
“Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you. The voice laughed as the fog lifted to reveal a white-cloaked figure. “I shouldn't even be talking to you…but a few of the others have already done their share of meddling. Maybe this is for the best after all.”
 
Miyako took a step forward as she bunched her gloved hands into fists at her sides. Whatever fear she had of the stranger had completely been washed away by her curiosity. “Who are you? Do you know what's going on?”
 
“I'm afraid I said too much, but I urge you to look out for each other. The danger is very real and may only get worse…especially if the Trinity is discovered. One failure may not create a second one.”
 
“I don't understand! You're being too cryptic. Can you please explain what you're trying to warn me of instead of acting like a fortune teller or something.”
 
The mysterious female however did not reply as the fog suddenly grew thicker, shielding her from the young woman who so desperately sought the truth.
 
“ANSWER ME!” After a moment Miyako stomped her foot in fury. “DAMN YOU!” She folded her arms over her chest and began to pace. “I'll show you strength…. At least it wasn't in the form of a riddle, but still…. I have no clue as to what she was trying to say.”
 
She fell silent for a moment as the mysterious woman's words swam in her head. “She said I was stronger than this.” Her mind drifted towards Hikari during one particularly bad episode in the Digital World where the shorter girl was ready to give everything up. Miyako had to practically pick the girl back up and give her a firm lecture. “I'm stronger than that.” She couldn't remember what the circumstances involved. She just knew it was a life or death situation that they had barely scraped out of. As the years went by, Miyako was often the one that had to straighten the others out, and became the queen of lectures. But the results in the end usually came out for the better.
 
“I'm not a wimp.” She balled her hands into tight fists and gritted her teeth as though she were about to tackle someone and beat them to a pulp. “I'm not a wimp! And I sure as hell am not going to let some bitchy drama queen drag with a god complex drag me and my friends down anymore! Hawkmon believed in me and I believe in me too so bring it on!”
 
A rather violent burst of light appeared around Miyako startling the other Chosen as they spun around, nearly colliding into each other and gaped at her.
 
“Holy shit. What the hell sparked that?” Wallace tripped over his feet as he stared at the lavender haired teen and crashed into Jyou.
 
Miyako blinked at their stunned expressions then glanced down at her clothing and squealed. “Bingo! I did it! I can't believe I did it!” Her tank top was now a deep hunter green and the shorts were an olive shade that matched her choker. The long gloves that nearly reached her shoulders and knee length boots were now a rich brown.
 
Regardless, Ken could not help but stare as a light blush tinted his cheeks. Even her lavender locks seemed brighter and in a way more cheerful even in the storm they were caught in the middle of. “You look….great.”
 
What color is your stone?” Ami leaped towards the girl with a large grin on her face. Miyako pulled out her stone and before she could even answer the red head shrieked in delight. “It's green! And…. Wow, you have strength! That is so cool!”
 
“Strength? You mean you knew what this symbol was? Why didn't you tell me?”
 
“You didn't show it to me and I'm not exactly a mind reader but that is still cool. So we have Strength, Kindness, Fate, Faith and my personal Sympathy. Sounds we're pretty well rounded.”
 
“I guess that sounds right.” Miyako spun around and grinned at her boyfriend. “I guess you were right.” Before he even had a chance to question what she meant, Miyako threw herself in his arms, wrapping her own around his neck and kissed him square on the lips.”
 
“What was that for, not that I minded?” He looked speculatively at his girlfriend who laughed.
 
“For believing in me even when I didn't.” She kissed him again despite the audience then jumped as a loud bolt of lightening crashed a few feet from where they stood.
 
“Oh no. This doesn't look good,” Ami clutched her hands together as she stared fearfully at the roaring ocean. The wind tore through her hair in a threatening gust, threatening to rip them all to shreds. “I think Shina is very angry right now.”
 
“Then we'll just have to survive so we can find a way to kick her ass. Let's move. I don't feel like getting killed by a hurricane today!” Wallace took off at a sprint as the others followed.
 
*~*~*~*
 
Hikari's eyes fluttered open and dazedly she sat up then blinked. She frowned realizing that she was back in the apartment that she had shared with Nitoni. “Was it all a dream?” She moved to her feet then paused at the sight of blood on her hands. Hikari stared dumbfounded at it. “Did I hurt myself?”
 
She pushed to her feet and padded on the soft carpet towards the living room. Her vision hazed a bit and she shook her head trying to focus. As she turned the corner however, her throat closed up as she struggled to scream. Thick blood was splattered on the walls tainting the air with its sickeningly sweet stench. Sprawled on the floor like a lifeless broken doll was a young man with dark hair, his once handsome face was brutally battered nearly beyond recognition. “What… how…” Hikari choked on the words as she stared horrified at the mangled body. A sinister sounding chuckle in the darkened corner had her spinning around.
 
“I guess you don't like my handiwork.” A spiky haired young man walked out of the shadows with blood staining his clothing and splashed upon his face like some odd theatrical makeup. A smirk crossed his lips as he crossed towards her.
 
“Why? How could you?” Tears flooded her eyes as she turned away.
 
“I thought you'd be happy, you ungrateful bitch.”
 
Hikari looked at the murderer, struggling to recall who he was. “You didn't have to kill him. Not like that.”
 
“How do you not know that you didn't have a part in his demise? This is your fault you know. You are holding the knife that killed him.”
 
He eyes shot to her hand and widened at the sight of the blood-soaked blade. “No. That's impossible.” Suddenly his name flooded her mind, chilling her even further to the bone. “Daisuke. You're Daisuke and I-”
 
“You're a cold-blooded killer,” he sneered him her face as he withdrew a gun and held the barrel of it to her temple. “Too bad no one can save you now.”
 
“Daisuke, please don't do this.” She winced as he forced her to her knees; to kneel in the bloodied carpet. This can't true. He wouldn't…
 
“You've done this to yourself, Hikari.”
 
As the sound of the gun firing echoed in her head Hikari found herself lying in a grassy field. A girl with silvery hair and crystal blue eyes smiled down upon her. Her white dress fluttered around her ankles as she turned gracefully.
 
“You should be careful, Hikari. You don't want your mind to get too confused.”
 
Suddenly she was gasping for breath as the light faded, Hikari crashed backwards into a wall. She slumped limply as a sharp pain shot through her right arm. Her brown eyes narrowed in confusion at the sight of her brother standing over her with rage burning in his eyes.
 
“Who the hell do you think you are?” He growled delivering a blow to her face.
 
Hikari screamed in a mix of pain and shock over what was happening. He's never hit me before… Has he? Tears leaked from her eyes as she whimpered. “Big brother… please don't…”
 
He shook his head and grabbed her by her arms, digging his fingers into her tender flesh as she gasped in pain. “You're pathetic and I hate your guts. You should have never been born. Mom should have fallen down the stairs or something and lost you.”
 
“Tai..chi,” the tears continued to stream down her face as she stared at the one person she trusted attempting to destroy her. This can't be true. No! Please no.
 
Taichi slammed her against the wall then let her fall to the ground and kicked her for good measure. “I don't even think you're good enough for death.”
 
“PLEASE STOP!” Hikari shouted then crumpled into a ball as she fought to keep her heart from shattered anymore than it had.
 
Once again she was back in the bloodied apartment only this time it was her parents lying dead on the ground. She closed her eyes, afraid to look at her hands. “This isn't real. This isn't real. This isn't real. I DIDN'T DO THIS!”
 
“Oh, but you did, sister dear,” Taichi's eyes glinted with malice as he peered down at her. “You destroy everything.”
 
“No. You're wrong.”
 
“How do you know? You don't remember anything?”
 
The last few words echoed in Hikari's head as she fell backwards but rather than fall to the firm floor, she landed in a deep puddle of water. A sharp gasp escaped her throat as her eyes blanked at the sight of the murky water. Oddly, the place not only terrified her but it was also eerily familiar. She limply lifted a hand and watched the water pooled in her palm leak through her fingers. A sudden sense of loss flooded her veins as tears welled in her eyes. Soft crying drifted in her ears as the thick fog lifted revealing a brunette haired girl, sobbing as though in tremendous pain. Hikari knew the instant that she saw the girl that she was watching herself.
 
“Why? What did I do to deserve this? Now I'm all alone and it hurts!” Her body shook as she gasped for breath between her heart-wrenching sobs. She hugged herself tightly as sticky strands of long hair clung in her face, saturated by her salty tears. She buried her face in her knees and continued crying, unaware of the water rising around her, threaten to overtake her at such a weak and defenseless state.
 
Hikari blinked as a light flashed. She frowned as she gazed at the depressed girl again to find chunks of hair surrounding her as a vacant expression formed in her once vibrant eyes. Another flash and she was with group of teens who didn't look anything like the ones she had met in the park. One was the silver haired girl, another was a raven haired boy with a deep red edging the ends of his hair, and yet another was another boy with glasses and gold colored haired thrown back in a ponytail. Did I know them?
 
The image suddenly refocused to a strange looking white cat with purple tipped ears and yellow striped gloves with large blue eyes. There was something about the cat that pained Hikari's heart at she looked at it.
 
What is going on? I feel so confused. Hikari screamed and she felt herself being thrown forward and dunked under the murky water from before. Flashes of Daisuke trying to kill her and of her own brother's cold words repeated painfully in her mind. She clutched at her head, trying to will them away, but it only grew stronger, more insistent. “Please stop! STOP IT!” She curled into a ball and cried in agony as through her heart was being ripped from her chest. The more she cried, the weaker she felt until she had no strength left. “Please.”
 
The stone in the necklace around her neck suddenly faded until it was completely transparent as its wearer fell silent and still as though she had fallen into a deep sleep.
 
*~*~*~*
 
Sapphire blue eyes watched pleased as the little color that the captive had began to diminish into nothing. The other Chosen may have already some how gained the ability to harness their powers again but this was one Chosen she'd make certain would never regain her power and remain in the lifeless void she was placed in.
 
“I'm going to make sure each of you pay for what you have done. You will not survive long enough to ever see the Digital World in its splendor ever again.”
 
Copper toned eyes watched the young woman with approval before turning to his comrades. “She seems to be making up for her mistakes.”
 
“As I'd hope. But she still has a way to go. Even in that state Light can still be a threat,” a soft musical-like voice replied. “Too bad we can't eliminate her. Not until two other pieces are found. Only then we can be sure and once we do we can allow Little Shina to eliminate the others.”
 
“I don't see why we can't at least take out one.”
 
“Do you not remember what happened last time? Some one was careless and we all had to pay. No. We will do it this way. The plan has already been agreed on by the others so we can't change it or they may retaliate.”
 
“Fine, but you better be right.”
 
“I won't know until it's been fully determined.” The woman's eyes traveled back towards three misty spheres as she smiled. Sometimes patience was indeed the key to success.
 
*~*~*~*
 
Author's Notes: It's getting closer towards the end for this one and I have to say, I would not want to be in Hikari's shoes at the moment. That was just cruel.
 
At least I got this out before Halloween, which is why its late to begin with. I hope to have the last few chapters out before the end of the year.
 
Hope you enjoyed the newest enstallment.