Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Morphs: A Digimorphs Tale ❯ Defend the City! Paildramon’s Challenge! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Digimon / Digital Monsters and all related trademarks belong are copyright to Toei animation / Saban entertainment. The story, its original contents and ideas, and any original characters belong to the author and cannot be used or reprinted without the author's permission.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defend the City! Paildramon's Challenge!

By Gregory Stephen/nightdragon0 (nightdragon0@hotmail.com)

"Just what happened to HIM?!" Steve staggered.

"I'm sorry, I think he's suffering from a hangover." Aero V-dramon replied. "I shouldn't have brought him to that bar…"

"NO, I meant he EVOLVED!" Steve yelled, jabbing a finger at the Vritramon. "Now I can't tease him about looking cute!"

Barely conscious, Sekata only moaned.

"Is that all you think about Steve? Urgh…I don't feel good myself." Zoe said, shaking her head.

She and Aero V-dramon were supporting Sekata between them while Gargoylemon, who had managed to find them, led the way back to the castle. Steve had come out to meet them.

"How much did he drink?"

"You don't want to know." Zoe sighed. "I think you'd want to hear what we've been through all night through."

The group had finally arrived at the castle gate. Exhausted, they dropped Sekata, who barely seemed to feel himself hitting the ground.

"You guys finally got back? We've been worried!"

"Jan! Good to hear your…huh?" Zoe had been looking up, expecting to see the huge MegaloGrowmon. Instead, a much smaller Digimon ran up.

A Guilmon.

"Oh yeah, they managed to fix it." Janet winked, showing off the completely red D-Ark style Digivice.

"Hey, just how did they do that?" Gargoylemon stared in disbelief. "And who?"

"Gold V-dramon and Depthmon."

"Aero, long time no see." Gold V-dramon said, walking onto the scene. "Still with the noble crusader act?"

"You should say that about yourself, Gold." Aero V-dramon smiled, giving her a hug.

"I assume you two know each other." Zoe commented.

"He was from my class at military school." Gold V-dramon informed the group.

"Yep. We're both in the same field of work, just we do stuff differently." Aero V-dramon agreed. "Well, I hate to be rude, but I think I should get going."

"So soon, Aero? I was hoping we'd get a chance to catch up on old times."

"I'm sorry Gold, but I have appointments. Besides, I'm a drifter. I don't feel comfortable staying in one place."

"Thanks for everything, Aero V-dramon." Zoe added in, pulling Sekata up by his arm. "I'm sure Sekata's happy too, right?"

Sekata's head flopped into Zoe's arm and he began snoring.

"Oh, forget it!" She growled, roughly dropping Sekata.

"Haha, don't worry. I understand." Aero V-dramon laughed, spreading his wings. "Give him my regards once he wakes up!"

"Bye Aero." Gold V-dramon waved.

The remaining Digimon and Digimorphs watched as the blue form of Aero V-dramon disappeared into the distance.

"Guys, how about bringing Sekata in and not leaving him as the doormat?" Steve suggested, waving his arms to get everyone's attention.

"You're a fine one to talk about it when you're the one stepping on him." Jan muttered.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group set Sekata down next to the pond in the garden, where Depthmon was taking a dip.

"Hmmm…he looks pretty nice." Depthmon commented. "What did you do to him?"

"Long story." Zoe replied. "But I think we've got time to tell it."

"Hold on!" Gargoylemon interrupted. "Not until you tell me how you managed to fix Jan's Digivice without the micro-electronical processing unit!"

"Trade secret." Depthmon cocked his head to one side.

"Gold?!"

Gold V-dramon gave him the 'my lips are sealed' gesture.

"OH whatever! Have it your way then!" Gargoylemon muttered, clearly pissed as he entered the castle.

"The 'trade secret' bit is what he loves to give us whenever we ask him things like these." Gold V-dramon explained.

"But what DID you do?" Jan asked.

"Just wait about 5 seconds." Depthmon grinned.

"Huh?"

"…3…2…1…"

"DDDEEPPTTHHHMMMMOOOOONNNN!" Gargoylemon's scream rang out from the upper level. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY PLAYSTATION 2???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Giggling, Depthmon and Gold V-dramon gave each other high fives.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later…

"There, you see this here?" Magnamon pointed at a spot on the computer screen, which currently displayed a map.

The entire group had gathered in the meeting room, with the exception of Sekata.

"That's the Shrine of the Wind." Sagittarimon continued. "Considering Myotismon's troops have been sighted around these locations…"

The centaur lit up several more spots on the map, all of which seemed to encircle the dot Magnamon had indicated.

"We suspect the shrine might be his target."

"What's so important about the shrine?" Jan asked, raising her claw.

"It holds an artifact known as the Orb of the Wind." Magnamon said. "Its true power is yet unknown, but we wouldn't count out Myotismon on not knowing. The shrine is protected by a mystic barrier, but again Myotismon has resources. A temple in town holds a set of crystals which will allow us to pass through the barrier if necessary."

"Which is why we plan to set up an ambush and take him out." Sagittarimon told them. "Soldiers from the town will be joining in our efforts."

"He won't get away this time." Magnamon agreed. "Are you coming with us?"

The last question was addressed to Zoe, Steve and Jan. All three nodded.

"He has Sekata's Digivice." Jan reminded them. "And we need to get that back."

"If you don't mind, Sekata's not fully recovered yet." Zoe said. "I'll stay here with him, and we'll come once he's OK."

"All right. I'll inform the mayor of your delayed arrival." Magnamon nodded. "Get yourselves prepared. We'll move out in an hour's time."

One by one, everyone filed out of the room until only Steve and Magnamon were left. Steve saw Magnamon staring hard at the map and walked over to her.

"What's wrong?"

"The town is Cape Point." She said softly, pointing to the map.

"What's so important there?"

"It's the place where Flamedramon fought his last battle." She replied.

"Oh…I'm sorry. I…"

"Don't worry about it." Magnamon shook her head. "Steve, let me tell you. If there's ever someone you truly care about…don't wait. You'll never know when…it'll be too late to say…those 3 magic words …"

With that, she turned and left. However, there was a glister of a single tear, falling down onto the carpet.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zoe watched the others departing, then turned back towards Sekata's sleeping form. He seemed peaceful, for now at least, but Zoe wondered what was actually going on inside his mind.

Zoe tapped her Digivice, strapped to a leather belt she now wore around her waist. Also part of the belt was a card holder, doubling its usefulness. Steve had been testing it with his armored forms and found the belt seemed to 'meld' into each one. Despite the lack of a reasonable explanation for it, each of the foursome his adopted one for use with their Digivices and cards.

She sat down on the bed beside him and stroked the side of his armored head. Of course, it felt hard and cold, but Zoe felt what was inside instead.

I wonder…what's the human within truly like?

Zoe leaned down closer…and closer.

Can I?

They were almost snout to snout when Sekata stirred and turned over to the other side. Zoe immediately drew back, embarrassed.

Way to go girl. Her inner voice laughed. You kissed him yesterday, so what's wrong with you now?

I…I…Zoe argued. Yesterday, it was out of necessity…but I want to…wait for his approval.

You're a fool.

Zoe got up, shaking her head.

"Maybe I'll go to the library and look up some info on the ancient warriors."

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even Steve could sense something amiss as Jan and him walked behind the knights. They silently but quickly strode along the outskirts of town.

Raindramon backed off and pulled Steve's arm with his mouth.

"Psst…I want to show you something." He whispered. "It'll be quick, I promise. Besides, I know a shortcut to where they're going."

"Go on." Jan gestured with her head. "I'll let them know."

"Thanks." Steve replied.

Raindramon led him through the streets until they arrived at what seemed to be the town square. It was basically a small park with a fountain in the center.

"Check that out, the statue at the fountain."

"Wow…" Steve gasped as they approached it.

It was a magnificent marble statue of a Flamedramon, in a battle position with his legs and tail apart, one arm raised as if to strike and the other in front, in a guarding position. The whole thing shone with its white coloring as the sunlight fell upon it.

"They built this here, after my brother…well…you know."

There was no need for words as Steve reached out to admire the statue.

"There's something else too…" Raindramon ran behind the statue, reached his head underwater and handed something to Steve.

"What's this?" Steve attached his gauntlets to the armored sections on his tights and took the object in his blue, three fingered claws.

It was a choker made of the same material as the straps around a Flamedramon's arms. From it hung a small keychain in the shape of the Crest of Courage.

"It was my brother's. We found it washed up along the shore. And I want you to have it."

"Hey, I couldn't…"

"Don't worry, really." Raindramon smiled. "I know he'd want you to have it."

"But…"

"I think you should." Both heads turned to see Magnamon approaching. Janet was walking along beside her.

"Since everyone insists." Steve clipped the choker around his neck, which fit him perfectly.

"Looks good on you." Jan commented.

"Let's go then." Magnamon said. "The troops are ready."

As the others moved on, Steve and Raindramon lingered behind.

"It is when a warrior accepts the truth that truly can he be deemed a warrior."

"Huh?" Steve whirled around to find Yasyamon standing nearby. "Did you…actually…say something?"

Yasyamon shrugged and walked past Steve as if he hadn't heard the question.

"Weird guy." Raindramon commented. "I always though he was mute, but I think I get what he means. Come on!"

Steve followed the young Digimon around the corner, to where Jan was standing off to the side and sniffing.

"What's up?" Steve queried.

"Hmmm…I smell bread."

At that Steve burst out laughing.

"Hahahahaha! Man, you're turning into Guilmon in terms in mentality too!"

"Grrrrr…why you!" Jan took a swipe at him, but ended up stumbling on a crack in the floor.

Instinctively, Steve reached out and caught her before she fell. For the next few seconds, the pair stared uneasily at each other.

"Let go Steve! I can take care of myself!"

"OK."

"Wait…urgh!" Not properly balanced, Janet hit the floor face first.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Legends say the Warrior 10 fought against the forces of darkness in ancient times." Zoe read from the computer screen. "However, it is also said that the 10 sacrificed themselves in a battle against the 'Greatest Evil'. Only this much is known, but it has been said that each warrior was empowered by the powers of 2 parts of his spirit, a Human-type and a Beast-type."

Zoe sighed, leaning back against the chair.

"Nothing I can get to explain what Sekata claims he's been seeing."

Zoe happened to turn towards another computer, which showed the map Magnamon had used for the briefing earlier. Feeling something, she got up and walked towards it.

"The town? Why do I feel so…"

All of a sudden, a thought snapped into her head. A vision, to be exact. She couldn't make out much, just fires and screams. But what she could clearly see was the town under attack, and a statue in the center of it being destroyed.

"What the?!" Zoe out her hand to her head. "I'm not drunk or anything, right? I'm not psychic for that matter either."

Or are you?

"I'll just check it out." Zoe decided. "Sekata probably won't notice me gone, and I have to know…"

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Does this look like the place?" Janet asked.

"It definitely is." Sagittarimon replied. "I don't see any hostiles about, but we can't be too sure."

The last rays of the evening sunlight were disappearing as the group walked up the stairs leading into the shrine.

"Wasn't there supposed to be a barrier or something around this place?" Raindramon asked.

"I don't sense it through." Magnamon muttered. "Something's wrong."

Breaking into a sprint, she dashed up the steps and pushed the doors open.

"Hey, hold on there!" Sagittarimon yelled, chasing after her.

Steve entered the shrine together with the rest of the group. It was basically a large, empty, circular room with only a raised pedestal in the center.

Squinting in the darkness, Steve saw a white glowing orb floating above the pedestal. It was the source of what little light there was in the room.

"This orb…it's a fake!" Magnamon gasped, putting her hands closer to it. "I don't feel the power I did the last time I was near it."

"What?!" Equally surprised, Gargoylemon reached out for it.

"No, don't touch it!" Gold V-Dramon yelled. "It could be a…"

"Yargh!"

A bright light emitted as Gargoylemon touched it, throwing everyone back.

"Could be a trap." Gold V-Dramon finished.

As if on cue, the stone doors slammed shut. The glowing orb, which had fallen onto the floor, flashed several more times before it shattered.

"Not good." Sagittarimon fired an arrow at the door, only to have its energy nullified by some invisible shield.

Magnamon charged at the door with her shoulder, only to have the same force throw her back.

"This seems like a Moonlight Seal." Gargoylemon muttered, poking at the remains of the shattered orb. "Disguised as the Orb of the Wind."

"Meaning?" Steve asked.

"A Moonlight Seal is something like a magic spell. It activates during the night and forms a protective barrier around a certain radius of the area it was cast at. While it stops things from getting in, it also prevents us from getting out."

"Pathetic, I think the sun just set too." Depthmon cursed, tapping the side of his helmet. "The shield's jamming my com-link too! We won't be able to call in the reinforcements hiding outside."

Yasyamon folded his arms and shook his head.

"The orbs have been switched…but how?" Magnamon wondered. "Someone was here before us and got through the barrier. But there weren't any signs of tampering about the shrine."

"Maybe the guy had one of the crystal keys?" Raindramon suggested.

"That's impossible kid." Depthmon snapped. "We checked with the temple guards and all the keys were accounted for."

"Perhaps Raindramon is right…" All heads turned towards Magnamon. "Then, that could only mean that we've been set up…"

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is too quiet…"

It was already dark by the time Zoe reached the town. She landed in the center of town and glanced around. Her eyes caught sight of the statue she'd seen in her vision, the statue of a Flamedramon.

"How could you do this?!" A voice rang out. "You've betrayed us to that vampire!"

"You old fool of a mayor! We'll all suffer his wraith thanks to you siding with the Knights!"

Zoe strained her ears and dashed towards the source of the sounds, a large building that seemed like a town hall.

"You're the real fool Flarerizamon."

"At least by giving him the Orb of the Wind, I'll be spared from the destruction of your precious town!"

Zoe kicked the door open. Standing there were a Flarerizamon, holding a glowing white orb and a Kongoumon, a large golden beetle (Wormmon's armored form with the Digimetal of Miracles).

"I don't think you'll be going anywhere with that." Zoe growled, stepping up behind the Flarerizamon.

"Get out of my way! Now!"

"You'll have to make me."

"Blaze Buster!"

Zoe turned her body to the side and barely dodged the ray of fire. With one leap, she cleared the space between the two and drove a kick into his face. The fire Digimon hit the ground, rolling over to the side.

"Give up!"

"Never!" Flarerizamon yelled, smashing a window open and leaping through. The next instant, Flarerizamon screamed.

Zoe stared out the window to find an Allomon standing amidst the cloud of Flarerizamon's evaporating data bits.

"That traitor…won't be going anywhere…" Allomon gasped, before collapsing.

Zoe realized his body was battered and bleeding all over.

"Are you all right?" She asked, running to the dinosaur's side. "Hang in there!"

"It's…too late for me." He gasped. "Magnamon's knights…are…trapped in the shrine…Moonlight Seal. Flarerizamon set us all up…"

"What happened to the soldiers?"

"Myotismon's troops attacked….the rest were either killed or scattered…and forced to retreat. Won't…be able…to help…"

Kongoumon had run up to the two as well.

"The enemy's…just outside the town. Sir, I'm sorry…" Allomon addressed Kongoumon. "I…failed…"

Allomon lay his head down and closed his eyes before his body too, broke up into data particles, leaving only the white orb lying on the ground.

"This is terrible!" Kongoumon sighed.

"Exactly what happened here?" Zoe asked. "Magnamon's Knights were supposed to join up with the town's soldiers and attack!"

"That was the message I received at first, but then Flarerizamon brought another message saying there was a change of plans. He was supposed to bring the real Orb of the Wind here and leave a decoy in its place…and I let him have one of the keys to get through the shrine's barrier."

"Yeah, and it looks like he planned to turn it over to Myotismon. But what of the Knights?"

"Allomon mentioned a Moonlight Seal. It's a spell that activates during the night, preventing entry to a certain radius but also prevent anyone within from getting out. I'm afraid they won't be able to help us for the entire night."

"When Myotismon's powers are the strongest. Damn!" Zoe kicked the floor. "Didn't you check with Magnamon when the group came through?"

"Flarerizamon said everything was going according to plan, and I trusted him." Kongoumon said regretfully.

"We can't do anything about that now." Zoe replied, picking the orb up. "This is the Orb of the Wind?"

"Indeed."

"If Allomon's right, the town is about to get attacked. Do we have anything to defend it with?"

"The trained soldiers went out with the Knights. There are several squads of cadets remaining and there's a cache of explosives in the basement, but that's it."

"You have got to be kidding." Zoe gasped.

"We're doomed…" Kongoumon shook his head.

"No, not yet." Zoe snapped. "We'll have to fight until the last mon! At least until sunrise."

"We'll never hold out that long!"

"Not with brute force, but with a little strategy." Zoe said, putting on the most confident look she could muster.

"It's all in your claws then." Kongoumon nodded.

"Get whoever we still have together."

Jeez, Sekata, where are you when I really need you to go berserk on something? Zoe thought. Can I do this on my own? Was this what I 'saw' back then?

Zoe looked up to see several Digimon approaching her location.

I have to try…

"All right guys, here's the plan…"

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sekata opened his eyes and looked out the window.

"Wow, it's night. Have I really slept that long?"

Sekata looked down at his Vritramon body. For the first time, he could see it in good lighting conditions. And he had to admit, he did look really cool.

"Not bad indeed." Sekata grinned, admiring himself in the full length mirror.

I see somebody's quite happy with his new look.

Sekata's smile faded as he spun round. However, there was nothing behind him.

"AncientGreymon?!"

I'm in your mind kid, don't forget that.

"Dammit! Can't you go MIND your own business and leave me alone?!"

Cute pun. But don't forget either…

Sekata's right hand moved and its blaster jabbed itself at the bottom of his chin, causing him to cry out in panic. Desperately, he reached out with his other claw to stop it, only to have his other hand turn on him as well.

Remember boy, I own you. Don't forget that…

Sekata dropped to his knees, free of whatever had been controlling his body.

"SHUT UP!" He roared, smashing the mirror with his tail.

Panting, he leaned against the wall for support.

"Great, everyone's going to hear this. Hmmm?" He pushed open the door. "Zoe? Anyone?"

No answer. Sekata paused only long enough to strap his card belt on before dashing off.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They're coming!" A Hawkmon announced, flying over the barricade.

"All ground troops?" Zoe asked the scout.

"Yes."

"Good. Hurry back to your post and inform the others."

Zoe turned back to looking over the defensive wall as the bird blew off. The town had two sides facing the sea, whose strong currents made it an unlikely position from which to attack. The remaining two sides were first protected by high walls, before the actual roads that led into the city itself.

Those roads had been blocked up by a series of barricades made out of sandbags, bricks, wood and other building materials. The available Digimon had gotten the defenses up pretty fast, something Zoe was thankful for. Myotismon was probably very confident of a victory and had been biding his time until now.

"Get ready." She said to the Digimon behind her.

Several black figures were beginning to approach the lighted pathways. Zoe recognized those as black zombie Digimon she'd encountered before in the Graveyard, although mostly Tyranomon and Tuskmon this time.

"Now!" Zoe roared, letting off an X-laser into the nearest zombie.

The other allied Digimon joined in as all sorts of projectile attacks flew about. The enemy troops weren't sitting ducks of course, and returned fire.

Zoe had her group hold their position at the barricade until the enemy troops were nearly upon them. On her cue, several explosives were tossed into the enemy lines, distracting them long enough for her party to retreat to the second barricade. The Hawkmon scout flew back and gave her a thumbs-up, indicating things had gone as planned at the other barricades.

Each road was protected by 4 barricades, with each one larger than the last. Zoe had a little surprise waiting at the last one. It was now a matter of holding out for as long as possible.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Knuckle Fire!" Steve's attacks simply bounced off the invisible shield.

"Fireball! We're getting nowhere Steve." Jan sighed.

The Knights had been pelting the barrier with their own attacks, unfortunately not producing any better effects than Steve and Jan.

"Yeah, we're gonna need a Scroll of Town Portal to get out of here." Steve muttered.

"You can still think about your computer games at a time like…hey! That's it!" Jan beamed, snapping her fingers. "We can try using a Digiport card!"

"Might be worth a shot." Steve nodded, unclipping his Digivice from his belt. "But we can't extend the effects of the card to the others."

"Don't worry about us." Magnamon assured. "Just get back to town, I'm sure something's going to be happening there."

"Thanks." Steve replied.

Janet gave a nod of approval.

"Card Slash!" The pair called out simultaneously. "Digiport open!"

In a bright flash of light, two doorways, shaped like computer screens materialized. The forest area was clearly visible through them. Steve and Jan were suddenly sucked through and found themselves tossed onto the forest floor outside.

Both grunted as they ended up in a heap.

"Ouch…let's not do that again." Jan moaned, clipping her Digivice back onto her belt.

"Yeah, but…erm I think we've got bigger things to worry about." Steve pointed. "Like that bunch of zombies approaching us from all directions, ready to chew our guts out?"

"Thanks for your optimism." Jan replied sarcastically, glaring at the Tyranomon and Tuskmon zombies. "Well, it's these guys again."

"Let's frag 'em!" Steve roared. "Digimetal Up! Radiating Miracles…Magnamon!"

Janet lifted her right claw and a single ring of blue Digicode formed around it.

"Guilmon evolves…" Closing her eyes, she brought it to touch her chest, resulting in a reddish light forming around her body. Blue rings of Digicode joined the light as her Rookie form begun to melt away and change. "…Growlmon!"

"Plasma Shot!"

"Exhaust Flame!"

The two attacks blew the nearest bunch of zombies to pieces.

"Just take enough out so they don't get in our way!" Jan ordered. "We can get delayed out here too long!"

"I'm with you!" Steve agreed.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We're at the last barricade!" A Drimogemon called to Zoe. "What do we do after this?"

"It's time for our surprise then." She snarled. "Get the others to move into the town square, now!"

Zoe brought up a flare, lit it and tossed it into the sky. Its red glow was a signal for the others to retreat from the barricades. Zoe counted two minutes before running from the barricade herself and pulling out a control device.

She pressed the button on it and tossed it away, diving for cover. The explosion was still deafening, nevertheless.

The buildings overlooking the barricaded roads had been stuffed with the rest of the explosives. And Zoe had just set them off, causing the buildings to topple over and crush everything on the streets, which so happened to be packed full of the zombies.

The town's defenders cheered as the dust settled, leaving a greatly reduced number of moving zombies. A good portion of the city had been sacrificed for that maneuver, but it had been deemed necessary.

"Is it over?" Kongoumon asked, running over to Zoe.

She was about to answer when a flash of red energy hit Kongoumon, sending him flying off, screaming.

"A bold move, but futile no doubt."

Zoe gasped, turning towards the sound of the voice. It was Myotismon himself, standing amidst the remains of a nearby building. The defenders who hadn't already fled were busy engaging the remaining zombies, leaving Zoe to face the vampire lord by herself.

"I know the orb is here. Hand it over now and your death will be swift and painless!"

"Over my dead body!" Zoe yelled.

"I find your terms are agreeable." In the blink of an eye, Myotismon was beside her. He kicked her in the stomach and sent an uppercut into her chin.

Groaning, Zoe pulled herself up.

"X-laser!"

Myotismon swung his cloak and used his arms to ward off the attack.

"Crimson Lightning!"

Zoe was lashed at her thigh and chest by the pair of red energy whips. Gritting her teeth, she ignored the pain and staggered to her feet.

"Give up! You're no match for me." Myotismon taunted.

"Rraarrrrrr!" Zoe slashed with her claws, only to have Myotismon dodge and kick her from behind.

Zoe attacked again and Myotismon repeated the stun by elbowing her face. As Zoe dropped to her knees, she was suddenly assaulted by a vicious fray of kicks and energy whip lashings. Exhausted, she fell back against the fountain in the center of the town square.

Grinning, Myotismon walked over and lifted the dragon up by the neck.

No…I…can't…die…like…this…

Myotismon tightened his grip, strangling her.

Please…g…give…me…strength…Sekata!

A blue light emitted from the Digivice on her belt, startling Myotismon and causing him to let go.

"W…What?!"

Zoe brought up both claws, forming a single ring of Digicode around each one. Growling, she brought both together and crossed them in front of her face. The Matrix Evolution symbol, a pair of red and black overlapping triangles, formed in front of her claws.

"XV-mon evolves…"

Blue light, mingled with Digicode engulfed Zoe's body as it begun to melt away and change.

"…Paildramon!"

"No!" Myotismon gasped.

Zoe was larger and more intimidating now, especially since she now stood significantly taller than him.

"Crimson Lightning!"

This time, Zoe caught the whip and pulled, dragging Myotismon towards her. She sent a fist straight into his face, sending the vampire stumbling backwards with a bleeding lip.

"Want to learn what's the proper way to treat a lady?!" The newly evolved Paildramon declared.

"You haven't won yet! Troops! Attack!" Myotismon ordered. "Troops? Argh!"

Myotismon spun round to find only a wall of fire behind him.

"Seems like your troops are all heated up!" Sekata grinned, stepping out from the flames.

The vampire turned back to find Zoe had her waist mounted guns raised.

"Desperado Blaster!"

Myotismon raised his arms to block, but was immediately assaulted from behind.

" Corona Blaster!"

"Uurrgghh! Curse you all!" Myotismon swore.

The vampire turned to flee, only to find a Growlmon blacking his path.

"You're not getting away!" Janet snarled.

Myotismon took to the sky instead, heading towards the sea. Sekata and Zoe took off after him. The vampire lord still had a head start and it seemed like he was going to get away.

"Thunder Blast!"

"Judgment Arrow!"

"Plasma Shot!"

"Bubble Bomb!"

"V Breath Arrow!"

The combined attacks of the Digimetal Knights blew Myotismon out of the sky. Yasyamon and Gargoylemon attacked as he fell, both ramming him with their shoulders. Myotismon hit the ground and found Steve in Flamedramon form standing over him.

"Fire Rocket!" The resulting explosion sent Myotismon flying into the sky again. "Finish it off!"

Blades emerged from Zoe's wrists as she charged. Myotismon let off a swarm of bats, but Zoe simply cut through them like a hot knife through butter.

"Esgrima!" With a roar, she stabbed a blade through the vampire's heart.

"Just like in the movies!" Sekata commented. "Let's end this!"

"Desperado…"

"Corona…"

"…BLASTER!" The two cries rang out and the energy bolts tore through Myotismon.

The vampire let off one final scream before he broke up into data bits. Zoe's Digivice glowed as she raised it.

"A soul consumed by darkness…this Digivice will purify! DIGI-CODE SCAN!"

A small object fell from the disappearing data cloud. Steve reached out and caught it.

"Sekata! It's your Digivice!" Steve called out triumphantly.

Sekata wasn't really listening as he flew over to Zoe and gave her a long hug, getting cheers from everyone on the ground.

Janet waved, running up to join the rejoicing group.

"What happened to the orb?" She asked.

"I have it." Steve told them, reaching beneath his vest. "Kongoumon told me he put it beneath the fountain and I took it. It's…"

Steve's face fell.

"You lost it?!" Jan yelled.

"Look it's over there!" Gargoylemon pointed to the orb, resting at the edge of a cliff leading down into the ocean. "I think you just dropped it."

"Yeah, I'll just…whoops!" Steve accidentally kicked a small rock, which hit the Orb of the Wind and sent it plummeting into the ocean. "OH…shit…"

Immediately, thunder crackled and the sky turned dark. A strong wind began brewing up.

"A storm?!" Raindramon gasped.

"It must be the power of the orb!" Magnamon shouted. "We've got to get out of here!"

Everyone nodded and the Knights quickly left. Sekata flew on ahead, but Zoe seemed to have some problems.

"Sekata! The wind's catching my wings! And I've got four of them!"

The winds were getting stronger and stronger every second, nearing a tornado-like speed.

"Just fold them and you'll be…"

"Aarrgghhh!" Zoe screamed as she was pulled away by the wind currents.

"NO!" Sekata roared, reaching out and grabbing her arm.

Janet ran forward and managed to grab on to Sekata's tail. Steve ran up her head and joined in. Magnamon and the others were screaming out something behind them, but the howling winds made it impossible to hear.

And all of a sudden, Jan lost her footing, sending the group of four into the whirling mercy of the tornado.