Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Morphs: A Digimorphs Tale ❯ Song of the Salamander ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Digimon / Digital Monsters and all related trademarks belong are copyright to Toei animation / Saban entertainment. The story, its original contents and ideas, and any original characters belong to the author and cannot be used or reprinted without the author's permission.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Song of the Salamander
By nightdragon0
 
 
“W…what? How'd I get here?”
Sekata pulled himself to his feet, glancing around in confusion. He definitely remembered lying down to have a rest in the field, but now he'd woken up to find himself in a dark, foggy and gloomy graveyard.
He ran his claws over his Vritramon body to make sure he was awake.
A central dirt path ran between two lines of various gravestones. With no better choice in sight, Sekata followed the path, which led slightly uphill, onto a white stone stairs and finally to a temple. Its huge doors were sealed shut, but Sekata noticed something else.
Two torches on stands decorated either side of the door. Within the flames of the torches hovered two glowing objects.
“Hmmm…the Spirits of Fire?” Sekata wondered.
The flames didn't hurt his claws as he reached out and took both Spirits, studying them intensively.
This little thing has been making my life a living hell. He thought, bringing the Beast Spirit of Fire closer. I was happier being a lonely Cyberdramon…
“Living hell is right!” The Spirit `roared' in a loud voice, its eyes lighting up.
Startled, Sekata threw both away as he stumbled backwards, tripping and rolling head over heels down the stairs. He nearly plunged straight into an open grave, but managed to press his claws against the gravestone to support himself.
Panting, Sekata looked up and saw his own name written on the gravestone.
“NO!” He screamed, pushing himself away until he hit a tree. At least, he thought it was a tree.
Sekata felt a hot breath against the back of his neck.
“I would've shoved you in, but where's the fun in that?
AncientGreymon!” Sekata growled, springing up and aiming his arm mounted blasters.
“I'm so touched that you remember me.” The ancient Digimon laughed.
“What do you want this time?” Sekata continued to keep his blasters ready as he reversed. “You brought me here, right? Where the heck is this place?”
“I'd define this place as your `Dream Realm'. Make no mistake through, it belongs entirely in the darkest regions of your mind. I'm just here because you have my Spirit.”
“The Spirit…” Sekata looked down at his chest to find the Beast Spirit of Fire there, glowing as it hovered in front of him. “I never wanted this thing in the first place! I'm going back to my Cyberdramon form at the first chance I get!”
Sekata grabbed the Spirit and hurled it as far as he could. However, it suddenly spun round in mid-air and came back, plunging into his chest with so much force that it threw him over.
“Even if you do go back to your original form, you can't get rid of it.” AncientGreymon laughed loudly. “The Spirit will reside within you as long as it chooses.”
“Urgh…so what, you're going to keep tormenting me till the day I die?”
“Perhaps, but in the mean time, I have an offer for you.”
“Being?” Sekata demanded.
“You may have one Spirit, but they say two's a charm.” The Human Spirit of Fire materialized as AncientGreymon spoke. “All you have to do is sign below your name on that gravestone and it's yours.”
“What do you think I am? Insane?”
“Seeing that that's your final resting place anyway, I'd say it's a good investment. A life-long one too.”
“YOU…I'm gonna kick your tail so hard the rest of the Warrior 10 is gonna feel it!” Sekata roared. “Corona Bla…”
“Gaia Tornado!”
Sekata was engulfed by a tornado of flames, which spun him round violently before flinging him to the ground. Even his fire-resistant armor hadn't prevented him from being scorched.
“Aarrgghh…” He moaned. “Nande…kuso…?” (What the hell?)
“My, my, reckless aren't we?” AncientGreymon continued. “Luckily, you can't die in a Dream Realm.”
Clutching his side in pain, Sekata got up and started running.
“Remember my offer boy, cause you'll be back.” The ancient dragon casually chuckled. “You can't escape your destiny.”
Sekata saw a swinging gate ahead, being blow open and close by the wind. He hesitated for a second and turned to look back at AncientGreymon's fading form.
“I'll be here…I have all the time in the world to wait after all.” The fire warrior's voice trailed off. “Pay me a visit once in a while, eh? They say keep your friends close, but your enemy closer…”
Sekata threw the gate open and plunged into the blinding light beyond.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“RRRRAARGGHHH!” Sekata thrusts his arms upwards, shaking the entire tree above him.
“Hey! Watch it!” A voice yelled. A familiar voice. “You trying to kill me or something?”
“Steve?”
A Gargoylemon leapt down from the tree and flashed in a blue column of light, before changing into a Flamedramon.
“Hey Sekata, I thought it was you.” Steve said, waving an arm in greeting. “This thing was giving off all sorts of flashes that I just had to check it out.”
“My Digivice!”
“What's the magic word?” Steve grinned, pulling it away.
“WHAT?
“Come on, you know it.”
“Grrrr…all right! Please.”
“I can't hear you!”
Sekata whipped Steve's stomach with his tail, causing the latter to lurch over and drop the Digivice. He then knocked Steve over and pressed a foot down on top of him, growling.
“Hey! Hey! Calm down!” Steve yelled. “Don't go psycho on ME!”
“Sorry…” Sekata muttered, squeezing his eyes close and removing his foot. “Don't fool around in front of me, OK? I can't always control this body too well.”
“Yeah…” Steve nodded. “Well, if you eat me, I'll be sure to give you indigestion.”
“You certainly have an uncanny sense of humor.”
“Yup, it's a character trait of mine.” Steve replied proudly.
“If you don't mind, can we talk about more important things?” Sekata queried. “Like how you found me? And about the girls?”
“Well, both my Digivice and yours kept lighting up their compass needles.” Steve explained. “I just followed them around, with the help of some maps I obtained. Man, navigating the sea bed is tough. And when I got back to dry land, I was so happy to have my legs back that I went to Sagittarimon form because he's got four.”
“Huh?”
“Never mind, I'll tell you in more detail later.” Steve sighed. “It's been what? More than a week since that tornado threw us in all directions.”
“Yes. At least you had your Digivice to guide you.” Sekata looked down. “I've been wandering around aimlessly.”
And constantly having AncientGreymon-based nightmares. He added to himself.
Sekata pushed some buttons on his Digivice and began to glow, changing into his Cyberdramon body. He let out a deep breath as the image of the Beast Spirit of Fire appeared on his Digivice's screen.
“Whew, it's nice to be myself again.”
“You call that yourself?” Steve muttered, poking his side.
“I've come to think of it as myself actually. Considering how long I spent as Cyberdramon.”
“Oh yeah, that reminds me.” Steve reached into his belt pouch. “I've got something else for you too. Ta-da!”
“Goggles?” Sekata stared. They had square lenses, a gray coloring & a red strap.
“Yeah, you know how every Digimon Team Leader needs to have a pair?”
“Excuse me, since when was I ever the appointed Leader?”
“Since Chapter 1, duh! Don't tell me you didn't know?”
“But I'm going to look stupid wearing those!” Sekata protested. “Especially since I already have a built-in helmet!”
“Well, think about it Sekata, the other stories all have goggle-boys. You can be the first goggle-mon!”
“Steve, this isn't a TV show you know! We're in a real life situation here and this isn't the time to be fooling around!”
“Oh, you mean like how you play cards here?”
“I...ugh...erm....”
“Ha, caught ya with that one!” Steve laughed. “For that, you gotta wear em!”
Reluctantly, Sekata grabbed took the goggles and pulled the straps over his horns to the back of his head. That left the goggles' lenses at the base of the horns, where a Cyberdramon's `forehead' should be.
“It's all about the style, the look and the feel.” Steve happily continued, striking a pose.
“I feel like an idiot.” Sekata groaned. (Sweatdropping.)
“Lighten up man.” Steve reached up to tap his shoulder. “You are way too serious for your own good. You gotta learn to loose up, relax and...”
“DUCK!” Sekata tackled him as a line of bullets tore through the area around them.
“Well, well, who'd have thought I'd meet you in a place like this, ya?”
“It's Beelzebumon!” Sekata gasped, looking up.
“Been a while, ya?” The dark Digimon grinned, twirling his twin pistols round as he sat casually on his bike. “Looks like I get to have a little fun before having to entertain the boss's client. Double Impact!”
Sekata and Steve were sent diving for cover as Beelzebumon fired again.
“Man, I hate that guy.” Steve muttered.
“He's going to have to reload some time.” Sekata noted. “Split up and I'll distract him. You get him from the rear.”
“Gotcha!”
“Come out come out where ever you are!” Beelzebumon taunted, firing until his guns began giving off `empty' clicks. “D'oh!”
“Erase Claw!”
“Hargh!” Beelzebumon dodged by leaping off his bike, kicking its ignition at the same time and causing it to go speeding off.
Beelzebumon landed safely, but failed to watch his back.
“Fire Rocket!”
“Huh? YYaarrgghhhh!”
His body ablaze with flames, Steve ploughed into his stomach, sending Beelzebumon rolling down a nearby hill.
“Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Oh Yeah!” Steve yelled happily, doing a little victory dance.
“Behind you!” Sekata warned.
Steve spun round and saw Beelzebumon's bike roaring towards him.
“Oh no!”
BAM! Steve flew into Sekata as the bike zoomed down the hill to its rider.
“That's my baby, Behemoth!” Beelzebumon smirked as he mounted. Just then, his cell phone began ringing. “What is it, ya? Now? But...fine, fine, ya! Always interrupting me!”
Meanwhile, Sekata and Steve were staring down at him.
“I let ya kids off easy this time!” Beelzebumon yelled as he hit the accelerator and sped off.
“Hasn't he thought of putting that phone on silent mode?” Steve wondered. “Sekata, you all right?”
“I'm fine.” Sekata nodded, gritting his teeth. “But we should follow him, come on!”  
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Tailing the biker proved to be no big problem with Sekata carrying Steve and flying. In addition, the Behemoth bike had a small oil leak, leaving a trail for them to follow, even when they lost sight of their quarry.
It soon led the pair to a large rectangular building. The entrance was a large door with a small security station set up, guarded by a fierce-looking Leomon.
“Hold it.” He growled as they approached.
“We're just looking for someone.” Steve tried to explain. “And we think he might have gone in...”
“Do you have a VIP pass?”
“No...”
“Are you participating in the concert?”
“Er...nope...”
“No exceptions then!” The Leomon shook his head.
“Just a moment,” Sekata interrupted. “May I ask if you saw a Digimon in a black leather jacket riding a huge bike over here?”
“Never heard of him. Now get lost before I call the guards!”
Sekata didn't look entirely convinced, but Steve pulled him aside.
“Forget it.” The Flamedramon whispered. “Let's go before the `Leomon Curse' hits him.”
The two drew back until they were further down the road and out of sight.
“He was definitely lying.” Sekata growled. “I saw the oil trail leading right under the door.”
“But exactly what to you hope to accomplish by chasing the bad guys?” Steve asked.
“Has it ever occurred to you that the `bad guys' might actually know something? Like maybe about how we were brought here or where the girls are for that matter?”
“I see your point, but I'm sure you don't want to go busting in there right? Innocent bystanders could get hurt.”
“That's the point.” The cybernetic dragon sighed. “I'm fresh out of ideas.”
“It's hopeless.” A voice sounded from nearby. “I think we should just turn back and forget about the contest this year.”
The duo pushed their way through the undergrowth to find a gloomy looking Lillymon, Stingmon and Peacockmon all sitting by the side of the road.
“Hello there travelers.” Sekata greeted. “What seems to be the problem?”
“Oh, hi there.” Peacockmon looked up. He was an armored form of Hawkmon with the Digimetal of Miracles, resembling a humanoid bird covered in blue, metallic feathers. “Are you here for the contest too?”
“What contest?” Steve asked.
“You don't know? The Annual Rock & Roll Concert/Competition.”
“That sounds like fun, but why's everybody down in the dumps?”
“Cause recently Lady Devimon showed up in the Management Committee.” Stingmon told them. “And all sorts of trouble started after that.”
“Trouble?” Sekata queried.
“A certain team has been constantly winning and we suspect they're connected with her. Rumors have been going round about them plotting something darker.”
“You guys heard anything about some black biker named Beelzebumon around here?” Sekata asked, giving a short description.
“Those guys at the bar did mention something about that.” Stingmon nodded thoughtfully.
“Hmmm...we suspect that there's something wrong too.” Sekata remarked. “Let's make a deal, if you guys can get us in there, we'll both get to the bottom of this mess, and help you out with your performance.”
“What? Are you craz...” Steve was about to object when Sekata stepped on his toes.
“You two secret agents or something?” Lillymon wondered.
“Not really, but we're the good guys.” Steve grinned.
“I think we should go for it.” Stingmon decided.
His companions nodded in agreement.
“Hey, how bout hearing our performance piece?” Lillymon suggested, pointing to several cases behind them.
In no time at all, the trio had set up, with Stingmon holding a synthesizer & keyboard, Lillymon with a flute and Peacockmon with a set of drums.
“Ready guys?” Stingmon ordered. “1, 2, 3, GO!”
If anyone could've seen Sekata's eyes through his helmet, they would've seen him blink with interest.
“This song sounds so familiar...” He muttered. “Could it really be?”
Excitedly, he interrupted the band before they were even halfway through.
“This is great!” Sekata laughed. “I can be your vocalist! I'll even put in my own lyrics!”
Steve choked at that and everyone started hitting him on the back.
“Are you insane?” Steve finally managed.
“Hey, as you so nicely put it, it's about the style, the feel and the look.” Sekata smirked, walking coolly to the side as he whipped out his Digivice.
Swinging his right hand upwards, a singular Digicode ring around the right claw while it was held raised above his head. Grasping the Digivice in his other claw, he brought the two together.
“Spirit Evolution! Vritramon!”
Once again, Sekata's figure changed into that of the Legendary Warrior of Fire, arousing awed gasps from the other Digimon. His goggles remained in the same position, strapped around the rear horns at the back of the head and lying where his forehead should've been.
“Wow!”
“Cool!”
“Show off!” Steve muttered.
“You'd better change forms too.” Sekata told him. “I'm sure that security guard back there won't be happy to see the two of us.”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Well, we got through OK.” Sekata whispered, pushing his way through the crowd of Digimon.
“Yeah, but why do I have to be the one carrying all the equipment?” Steve moaned. He'd evolved into Sagittarimon and had all the packs strapped to the back of his centaur-style body.
“Cause we listed your job as `Equipment Manager', now come on and play the part.”
“Urgh!” Steve grunted before his legs gave way and he fell over.
Lillymon and Peacockmon ran over to help him while Sekata moved on ahead with Stingmon.
“Nothing seems too bad.” Sekata commented.
“Don't be fooled.” Stingmon warned. “And there's Lady Devimon over there.”
The fallen angel was having a conversation with another group of Digimon, but as Sekata's party walked past, she turned towards them for a brief instant.
Sekata could've sworn she was staring right into his eyes.
Stingmon finally brought them to a mini studio and locked the door behind them.
“This place we've rented is completely soundproof and it's our private space for the duration of the competition.” The Insect Digimon announced. “It's generally used for last minute rehearsals before the concerts.”
“Are you two going to be doing all the secret agent sneaking around stuff in the meantime?” Lillymon asked excitedly.
“My buddy here is, at least.” Sekata grinned, patting Steve on the shoulder.
“Me? Are what will you be doing, Mr. Gogglehead?
“Writing down the lyrics for my song.” Sekata replied, taking a laptop offered by Peacockmon. “I promised to help these guys out, and I won't leave them hanging.”
“There you go, being all noble again.” Steve groaned.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Steve switched to the Digimetal of Light, hence becoming Gargoylemon.
Once again pushing his way though the packed main hall, Steve made his way to a bar in the rear and took a seat. He ordered a drink, trying to blend in.
Lady Devimon was no longer at the location they'd last seen her at and Steve was considering where he should start looking when he overheard an interesting conversation.
“They're saying to watch out for this dragon fellow and a centaur that entered a while ago.”
Through the reflection in his glass, Steve secretly watched the two Goblimon behind him. It helped a lot too that he'd chosen a form with particularly sharp hearing.
“The one the lady boss wants us to crash their show?”
“Yeah, so don't talk so loud.”
The pair lowered their voices after that and Steve couldn't make out what they were saying. However, they were still using a number of hand gestures and he made note that they constantly pointed towards one of the corridors leading off from the main hall. A little while after that, the two Goblimon left, going in different directions.
Steve then made his way to the corridor they'd been pointing down. It led down to the doors of four small studios, all with their `Occupied' signs lit. A single, swinging lamp hung from the ceiling, barely lighting the area. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary.
Suddenly, he heard footsteps approaching.
“Hurry up, will ya?” Beelzebumon's boastful voice was unmistakable.
“Yeah, yeah, chill out man.” Another voice followed.
Oh crap!
Steve realized there was no time to run. He couldn't risk trying to barge into one of the rooms and the only thing that offered cover was...the stack of cardboard boxes and rags at the end of the corridor!
Hey, Solid Snake did it, right? Steve tried to convince himself as he drove beneath one of the boxes, curling up his thin body as much as he could. The human-turned-Digimon nearly forgot about his tail, but managed to shove it under some rags just as the figures entered.
By a certain stroke of luck, there was a small hole in his box, from which Steve observed Beelzebumon and a Black WereGarurumon walking up to the wall.
“The big secret door, eh?” Black WereGarurumon muttered.
“Just see if anyone's around before I open it, ya?” Beelzebumon told him.
“Nothin' in sight.” Black WereGarurumon replied, taking a few steps back.
He so happened to plod on Steve's hidden tail in the process.
“Urrmmm....!” Steve had to hold his own jaws shut.
“Good.” Beelzebumon felt around the wall until he opened a spot with a hidden leaver and pushed it. The biker moved away as the door swung open. WereGarurumon was barefooted at least, but Beelzebumon's heavy leather boots were too much for Steve's poor tail to take.
“Muurrrpphhh!”
“What was that?” Beelzebumon snapped up.
“Was it over there?” WereGarurumon pointed.
Oh shit! I'm screwed! Come on! Think! Think!
Steve managed to draw in his tail from beneath the rags as the two Virus-type Digimon approached his box. Beelzebumon pulled out his guns and nodded to WereGarurumon, who lifted the box, only to find a rat beneath, scurrying off.
“Humph, damn rodents, ya?” Beelzebumon laughed.
“Yeah...” WereGarurumon threw the box back down.
Steve had pressed himself against the top of the box and had been bracing himself on the sides the whole time. He silently gasped in relief when he managed to prevent the box from turning over and revealing him. He waited until the pair had entered the secret door before crawling out and moaning over his sore tail.
“The things I have to do...” He growled angrily, flipping the hidden switch as he'd seen Beelzebumon doing earlier.
This brought him into a dark metal walkway, on which he got to all fours and crawled. He halted at the top of a set of stairs and glanced down to see Lady Devimon, Beelzebumon and Black WereGarurumon around a table.
“You needn't worry.” Lady Devimon was saying. “I am keeping my part of the deal, but you'll have to wait until after the competition is over.”
“What? Why?” Beelzebumon asked.
“What your boss wants so happens to be inside that Disco Light Reflector on the ceiling of the area.”
“Ya mean that multi-colored ball thing hanging from the ceiling?”
“Yes.” She huffed.
“Then, we'll have to attack the dragon and his buds during their show, ya?”
“If it's so utterly necessary that you must, go ahead.”
“Good, sooner the better, ya.” Beelzebumon said with a shrug. “But how bout the help you promised?”
“Calm yourself, they will be here shortly. Until then, you'll have to be patient.” Lady Devimon replied. “It's almost time for the contest, so anything else?”
Deciding he'd heard enough, Steve made his way back to the hidden door. He was almost there when it swung open and a massive Death Meramon (aka Skull Meramon) lumbered through. This Ultimate Digimon wore a mask over his entire face, along with long black jeans and chains all over his blazing body.
Steve barely stopped to think before he slid along the ground, rolling his body into the giant to trip him up. Of course, the Death Meramon hit the steel floor with an excessively loud thud.
“Who's there?” Lady Devimon shouted.
In a flash, Steve was out the secret door and dashing through the crowd, who'd gathered in anticipation for the competition.
“You all right?” Sekata asked as Steve burst into the room, gasping and red in the face. He also noticed the Gargoylemon's swollen tail. “What happened? Someone step on your tail?”
“You don't want to know. But anyway, I found out a few things...” Steve panted, relating what he'd heard.
“Sounds like trouble.” Stingmon commented.
“Is safe for us to go on then?” Peacockmon wondered. “The contest is starting and we're third in the list.”
“We're going in, no matter what.” Everyone looked up as Sekata spoke, clenching his fists. “If it's a fight they want, then it's a fight they're going to get!”
“But...we'll be in the middle of a performance!” Lillymon protested.
“Ever heard of multi-tasking?” Sekata grinned. “Gather round guys, I have a plan...”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Planning it down in theory was certainly much easier than standing behind a curtain about to face a live audience. Sekata's heart was pounding beneath his armored chest as he put on his headset and made sure his goggles were secure. Even Steve, who'd gone back to Sagittarimon form, seemed uncertain as he stood behind the group.
The set-up was the same as before: Stingmon playing a synthesizer & keyboard, Lillymon with a flute and Peacockmon handling the set of drums.
Sekata put on a fierce look as the curtains opened and he signaled his team.
3...2...1...GO!
As the drums began playing, he saw Steve gasp out of the corner of his eye. Steve had finally realized why Sekata had been so excited about the song….it was a familiar one from the Digimon animation in their world… Vritramon's theme.
Sekata closed his eyes as he swung from side to side, taking the first part of the song slowly.
The crowd's cheering encouraged him to start making more vigorous movements. By the chorus, he was caught up in a whirling blur of motion, letting that and instincts guide his actions. Sekata added to the show by releasing a small amount of flames around his body.
It was at this point that he caught sight of two Goblimon running up on opposite sides of the stage. Sekata calmly continued singing, and as they were about to club him, moved back and let the two Rookies whack each other instead. Grabbing both, he tossed them away.
Further behind, Death Meramon was approaching from back stage. Seeing this, Steve dashed to the other side and pulled a rope, which sent a sand bag falling from above.
The blazing Digimon dodged as the sandbag swung past, and started making `missed me' hand gestures at Steve. However, the laws of physics drew the sandbag back in its swing, thumping Death Meramon behind his head and knocking him out.
“Ow...” Steve grimaced. “Now I know why we filled that bag with bricks.”
Meanwhile, Stingmon seemed busy with his keyboard, hanging around his waist, as another Goblimon ran up to him. All of a sudden, he swung to the side, catching the Goblimon's chin with the back of his keyboard.
The stunned goblin stumbled towards Lillymon, who gave him a hard kick that sent him rolling off the stage.
Peacockmon was at his drums when a Goblimon leapt up behind his stool, intent on hitting fast this time. Grinning, he moved his head from side to side, allowing the Goblimon to hit the drums instead.
It so happened that they accordingly matched the drumbeats in the song.
“Thanks pal!” The armored bird whispered before sending a cymbal into the Goblimon's face.
Black WereGarurumon decided to get the job done himself, and pulled himself up onto the stage. The wolf made some intimidating stances, but Sekata continued as if he hadn't noticed.
This got Black WereGarurumon mad and he charged, claws raised. Sekata bent over as he approached and flipped the wolf over his back. Black WereGarurumon came again and Sekata whirled to the side, tripping the wolf with his tail.
He pounded the floor in frustration before attempting another attack. This one, Sekata dodged too by maneuvering to the side and kneeing him in the gut.
Black WereGarurumon's eyes went wide as he stumbled about in pain. The music piece went into an instrumental section, giving Sekata the perfect opportunity to walk over and assault his opponent.
The crowd roared wildly, thinking the barrage of punches, claw swipes, tail lashes and kicks were all a planned part of the show.
Sekata ended that by forming a tornado-like column of flames around his body, building up momentum by spinning round and launching an imitation of Agnimon's Salamander Break attack. WereGarurumon was sent flying all the way to the back of the hall.
Sekata completed the song without any more interruptions, bowing as the audience gave him a huge applause.
“Hey, there are people who do this for a living, you know?” Steve whispered from behind.
“No thanks.” Sekata responded. “Too dangerous.”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Unfortunately, that came to an end when Beelzebumon fired his guns about, causing the crowd to panic and flee the area. The main hall quickly cleared out, leaving just the two opposing groups facing each other.
“Not a bad performance, but don't think I'll go easy on ya!” Beelzebumon growled.
“Wouldn't dream of it.” Sekata nodded. “Steve, now!”
The armored Sagittarimon fired an arrow into the overhanging Disco Light Reflector, shattering it into dozens of glittering glass pieces. Sekata flew up and caught the only object within...a medium sized-dagger.
“NO!” Lady Devimon yelled. “Don't let them get the artifact you fools! Darkness Wave!”
The dark witch unleashed a swarm of bats.
Corona Blaster!” Sekata retaliated, firing his arm-mounted lasers to keep the bats at bay.
“You guys better scram.” Steve told their three musician companions. “Things are gonna get ugly around here.”
“Not a chance.” Stingmon replied, shaking his head. “Don't think that you're the only ones who can kick butt around here!”
Death Meramon! Get them!” Lady Devimon ordered, still busy with Sekata.
“Heavy Metal Fire!” The giant formed several large fireballs in his hands and hurled them at Steve's group, who fled in different directions.
“Judgment Arrow!” Steve let an arrow fly.
Death Meramon pulled out a set of chains and smashed Steve's arrow with them. He suddenly dashed over to Steve, barging the Sagittarimon to the floor.
“Moon Shooter!” Stingmon let loose an energy burst from his gauntlet. Unfortunately, only to have the fiery giant deflect the attack with his chains. “Damn, how can that big ass be so fast?
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Meanwhile, Lillymon had moved away from the fighting, only to encounter Black WereGarurumon.
“Hey there pretty lady.” The wolf snickered, grabbing her from behind.
“Let go of me this instant you pervert!” She yelled. “Or you're gonna get it! I know Karate!”
“Ooohhh! I'm sooooo scared!”
“That's it! Hiiyyarr!” Lillymon stomped on his foot, whirled around and kicked him in stomach.
“Arruughh...” Black WereGarurumon moaned, stumbling. “Not again...”
“Excuse me...” The fairy tugged at his shorts.
“Huh? OWWW!”
Lillymon jabbed him in the eyes. Snapping into a fighting stance, she sent a fray of punches into his lower jaw (having to jump to do that), followed by a back thrust which sent him crashing through the wall and flying off into the distance.
“Humph.” She huffed, dusting her hands. “I didn't tell you I was a black belt, did I?”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“I bet he can't respond to multiple attacks from different directions.” Peacockmon whispered.
“Good idea.” Steve nodded. “Let's spread out!”
The three guys evaded another of Death Meramon's fireball assaults as they took their positions.
“Meteor Gallop!”
Steve charged, his centaur body creating a red trail of energy as he rammed Death Meramon. The giant raised his arms to block, and grabbed Steve, squeezing him hard.
“Spiking Finish!” Stingmon extended the purple blades at his wrists and stabbed Death Meramon in the back, causing him to release Steve.
“Rainbow Shower!” Peacockmon spread his wings and sent off a 7-colored beam from them, hitting Death Meramon while he was stunned.
Steve kicked the fiery monster away with his front pair of legs and leapt backwards.
“Everyone! Now! Judgment Arrow!”
“Moon Shooter!”
“Rainbow Shower!”
Death Meramon was hit from all three sides, blasting him into a cloud of data particles.
“This devil's spirit…” Steve raised his Digivice. “My galloping hope will purify! DIGI-CODE SCAN!”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Darkness Wave!”
“Flame Storm!” Sekata unleashed the fires from within his body, burning the swarm of bats to a crisp.
“Leave em' to me lady, ya?” Beelzebumon ran forward, firing his dual pistols.
There was enough space in the large hall and Sekata flew up, flying in circles to avoid the bullets.
“Ha! Got ya now pal!” Beelzebumon laughed, firing as Sekata flew past a pillar.
“No you moron! Stop it!” Lady Devimon ordered.
A little too late, Beelzebumon realized that Sekata had led him to not only to carve a large `square' out of the ceiling, but blow out the pillar supporting that section as well.
“Oops...” Beelzebumon muttered, glancing up at the falling ceiling. “This is gonna hurt...”
SPLAT!
“At least you can say that you brought the house down.” Sekata grinned. “Ggaarrghh!”
The dragon dropped to the ground, finding a large dagger stuck in his thigh.
“That poison will sting, but it's not lethal.” Lady Devimon told him. “Hand over the Dragon Dagger and I'll make your end quick.”
“Gurgh....” Sekata grimaced, ripping the throwing dagger out of his leg.
Lady Devimon flew over and clawed him in the face, sending him rolling backwards, reverting to Cyberdramon form.
“All right! I surrender!” Sekata raised his arms. “But you want your dagger? Go fetch! Steve!”
“Pathetic!” Lady Devimon mocked as he tossed the dagger.
Steve was much too far away to reach it and Lady Devimon caught it first....only to find it was her own poison tipped dagger.
“What the?”
Erase Claw!”
The evil witch let off a final scream as Sekata's energy blast tore through her back. Sekata had his Digivice all ready for her data.
“This spirit in damnation…my dragon soul redeems! DIGI-CODE SCAN!”
After which, the black dragon dropped to both knees in exhaustion. His friends were waving from the other side of the room when a sudden loud roar interrupted them.
Beelzebumon's bike, the Behemoth, smashed through another wall. Sekata barely made it out of the way as it roared past, going towards its master, who was pulling himself out of the rubble.
“You're not getting away!” Sekata roared, taking flight.
Beelzebumon swung himself onto the bike and managed to get a shot off, straight into Sekata's left shoulder. However, it didn't stop Sekata from colliding with him. A furious wrestling match ensued between the two as the bike sped off.
“HEY Sekata!” Steve screamed. “What are you...?”
Sekata was out of earshot before the sentence was complete. Unbeknown to him, the Dragon Dagger had also slipped out of his belt during the struggle.
“Get off ma bike, ya!” Beelzebumon gasped as best as he could with one of Sekata's hands over his throat.
“Not...on your life!” Sekata retorted, in a similar situation.
Going out of control, the bike sped through the forest until it hit a tree root, sending the pair flying. Sekata managed to right himself in mid-air and turned around to attack.
Unfortunately, a thick tree branch smacked the back of his neck. The last thing he remembered was landing in the cold, fast-moving river with a loud splash.