Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Devimon's saga ❯ Heavenly light! The daughter of Ophaniovael. ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors notes: This is a crossover, and some things will appear not in the normal timeline. I heavily altered what happened in V-tamer, and some alterations have been made to the adventure timeline. As Grappleomon in my opinion suits Leo much better then Panjyamon, Leo took that route of evolution instead. Also, I forgot to mention this in the first chapter, but the name Fallen Devimon (But not the creature), was created by Yugure/His Master's Voice, and is used with permission. And now, chapter 2 (Heavenly light! The daughter of Ophaniovael.) begins.

"Devimon, you'll pay for this!" Greymon yelled in anger, charging at the fallen digimon, his rage twisting his very being. "Greymon Shinka! Skull Greymon". He grew in size, while his skin and helmet fell off. A missile launcher appeared on his back, while he became one of the biggest digimon ever seen. Though merely a skeleton, he was incredibly powerful.

"Aquillamon!"

"Tailmon!"

"Jogress Shinka"

"Sylphimon." Tailmon and Aquillamon fused together, making a humanoid birdlike warrior. It was wearing a helmet, with birdlike wings and cat ears. Its body was covered in feathers.

Skull Greymon charged at the demon, in full-blown rage. Fallen Devimon quickly flew upwards, angering Skull Greymon, when unable to think clearly, it leaped at the Nightmare Soldier. Fallen Devimon was not afraid, and with it's claw outstretched, dove at Skull Greymon. Metal hit bone, but the claw that killed V-mon could not do the same to Skull Greymon, as Fallen Devimon's claw was stubbed. Fallen Devimon flew upward, about five hundred feet in the air, while Skull Greymon shot the missile on its back, and Sylphimon flew after it in chase.

Sylphimon flew through the cloudy sky, at Fallen Devimon. "Static Force!" Sylphimon yelled, shooting a ball of energy at Fallen Devimon. Quickly, the Dark Lord adjusted his position, flying slightly to the right to dodge the attack. On the ground, Skull Greymon's became even angrier, that this strange digimon had retreated like a coward, and shot the orange missile on his back. The attack spiraled upwards; until Fallen Devimon caught it in one of his tentacled demon claws and threw it back down. Running out of energy, Skull Greymon returned to the form of Agumon.

"Top Gun!" A ball of pink energy formed in Sylphimon's hands, which it through at the missile. A huge explosion rocked the air, as both were destroyed in a flash of red light. "Dual Sonic!" the bird warrior yelled out, glowing pink and shooting a wave of energy at Fallen Devimon. The wave zoomed at Fallen Devimon, but Lady Devimon hit it with her spear arm, absorbing the attack.

Birdramon flew up, the phoenix trying to rescue Patamon from the clutches of the dark overlord. "Fire Flapping!" Birdramon flapped her wings, while a flame sped towards Fallen Devimon's tentacle, where Patamon was screaming in pain. The attack hit, distracting Fallen Devimon enough that Patamon was let free, and the animal digimon flew down to Takeru.

"You won't kill me like you did my sisters." Lady Devimon said, with much anger in her voice. "Darkness Wave!" A swarm of purple bats flew out, speeding right towards Sylphimon.

"I will not rest until your vile kind has been extinguished." Sylphimon screamed, while a ball of pink energy was being formed in its hand. "Top Gun!" The ball sped towards Lady Devimon, where her bats devoured it.

"Good-bye, chosen children." Devimon screamed hatred in his voice, wanting to drag out the torture as much as possible. "Oh, and here is a little parting gift. Metal Smiley Bomb!" Devimon flew up away from the chosen children enough that he was out of sight. A metallic bomb, with a smiling face on it shot at the chosen children, while Sylphimon flew quickly at it. Sylphimon flew into a dive, at a forty-five degree angle with the path of the bomb. The blast hit, sending Sylphimon flying hundreds of feet, and changing back, as where the bird warrior once was, a small puppy and a winged fuzzy ball were now.

"Why did Devimon just leave like that?" Yamato asked, wondering what could possibly be the motivation for him fleeing the scene.

"There is no time to explain, quickly, run over here." Leomon ordered, running to what appeared to be a random spot. Pressing a button on his sword, the ground gave way, and an underground city took its place. The champion level digimon returned

Factorial fortress was a great city. At first, merely a factory, it grew into a great domed city, with Andromon as its ruler. He programmed many guardromon to defend it. He created a vast network of digimon, and gave them each ways to teleport to the underground city. It was this city, that city of defense against darkness, which the chosen children and Leomon arrived in. A guardromon began scanning them, pink light going over each one. Spreading out in a semicircular pattern, the light kept going over each one. Then, the Guardromon spoke. "Units Taichi, Agumon, Yamato, Gabumon, Koushirou, Tentomon, Mimi, Palmon, Sora, Piyomon, Takeru, Patamon, Hikari, Plotmon, Daisuke, Miyako, Poromon, Iori, Armadimon, and Leomon cleared for entry. Danger, the Digimon Kaizer and his vile partner Wormmon are among you. I will destroy them.

"Destruction Grenade!" a missile shot from the hand of Guardromon, aiming straight at the child of kindness. Leomon moved to block the strike. A vast amount of Guardromon began circling Ken, all stating "The Kaizer has returned. He will not leave this city alive." They all raised their arms to attack, and then stopped. From one of the larger buildings in Factorial Fortress, an Andromon walked out. This Andromon was a longtime friend of the chosen children, the one who had fought with them against the dark masters. The Andromon that the chosen children had freed from the control of evil twice.
"Greetings" the Andromon spoke, his voice very robotic. "What brings you to this city?"

"We seek safety, Devimon has returned." Leomon responded, growling as he said Devimon.

"Please Andromon, won't you let us stay in the city. Even Ken, the former Digimon Kaizer." Hikari said, very kindly. She cared a great deal about Andromon, and a fight between him and Wormmon was the last thing she wanted. Surely Leomon and the other chosen children would side with Ken, and Andromon would be badly hurt, or maybe even killed.

"This city was built as a fortress against evil, and if you say Ken has become a chosen child I will believe you." Andromon said, knowing that Hikari would not lie

"Thank you, Andromon." Hikari said, tears of joy in her eyes. The chosen children made their way into a building, where they could get some rest. The next day, they would have to fight Fallen Devimon, and think up some plan. But for now, they could sleep.

Day turned to night, and back to day, though in the factorial fortress, it was nearly impossible to notice. Before the chosen awoke, Leomon was paid a visit. His brother, Leo of Folder was paying him a visit. Leo was a Grappleomon, who wore very impressive and shiny armor. His face had a look of completely seriousness on it, and appeared cold and uncaring at the same time, accepting whatever came to him with barely any emotion, almost like Shinji Ikari of Evangelion.

"Hello, my brother." Leo said, his voice almost showing pity. "Do you actually put your faith in these chosen children? Look at how badly Taichi failed. I don't want you and the others to die like Lord Holy Angemon did." He said, tears welling up in his eyes when he mentioned Lord Holy Angemon. It had been six years since Demon was nearly killed on Folder, six years since Taichi failed to save Holy Angemon from death. Leo had loved Lord Holy Angemon, yet he could not admit it to himself, not until Arca Demon killed Lord Holy Angemon anyway.

"A chosen child did cause Demon's downfall." Leomon responded, "Even if it was one of darkness. I believe this group can win, though I am not certain. I am at least sure it stands a better chance then you, Kuwagamon, Tyrannomon, and Centarumon. Fallen Devimon defeats perfects, just as well as he defeated adults when he was Devimon. I am sorry, but this plan will certainly fail." Leomon said, as he had a great deal of faith in the chosen children. He had fought along side them, and seen how well they fought. He had believed that their good could stop the evil of the thirteen lords of darkness, and they had killed eight of them, and banished three more, though one had returned.

The next day, the chosen children awoke to the sound of Guardromon performing maintenance. "What was that?" Yamato said, rubbing his eyes out.

"A meeting is starting soon. We must meet with the other chosen, so we can make a plane of action." Gabumon said. "Now get up Yamato. We don't have any time. While you were sleeping, Devimon was probably conquering. The others are outside the Hagurumon factory." Yamato ran to the building where he saw Hagurumon being made, Mecha Norimon programming and building them piece by piece. The other chosen children were standing around, probably waiting for him to arrive. Quickly, Leomon came rushing in.

"Taichi, Yamato, Sora, Koushirou, Mimi, Takeru, Hikari, Miyako, Iori, Ken, Agumon, Gabumon, Piyomon, Tentomon, Palmon, Patamon, Plotmon, Poromon, Armadimon, Wormmon, I apologize for the interruption." Leomon addressed each chosen child, along with their digimon partners, looking at each of them in turn. "For all my life, I have been fighting against evil digimon. In my baby-2 phase of Nyaramon, my village was being terrorized by a goblimon. I trained relentlessly, evolved to child, and defeated him. At that point, I decided to dedicate my life to fighting evil digimon, wanting no one else to have to suffer. I traveled far and wide, fighting evil, until I heard reports that the goblimon was back. We battled once more, each of us evolving during the fight. He became the Ogremon you all know. I continued my travels, and I gained fame and became a hero to the digimon. As soon as I was reborn, I trained at a very fast rate, so fast I could return to my adult phase again. And now, I wish to align with you. Yagami Taichi, I am yours to command." Leomon spoke, recalling the events of his past, and pledging to help them. A look of shock crossed Mimi's eye as Leomon recounted his past, and then a rare look of pity. Excitement replaced that look, when Leomon said that he would be coming along though.

"I am glad you are one of us." Taichi replied, accepting Leomon as a member of the party. The moment of Leomon's joining was interrupted, as Koushirou began to assess the situation.

"At the moment, we only have 10 warriors. Jou has not arrived in this world, V-mon is dead, and Takeru losing hope prevents Patamon from evolving." Thankfully, Leomon, you are fighting with us. Only one digimon can even reach the perfect level. We will need another. Without it, the odds of us winning are about 2,451,786 to 3 against. Ken, I believe Devimon has taken your crest of kindness. We must win it back. But, I don't think we should send all of us on this one mission. Ken must go, as it is his crest."

"The others to go will be myself, Mimi, Leomon, Hikari, and Miyako." Taichi replied, his face fully concentrated on the battle ahead, and with a look of fire in his eye. "I think we will need all five of you for this mission, so we can stop Devimon. Let's go."

The journey was a long one, and night began to fall, Infinity Mountain seeming as far away as ever. Mimi began one of her ever-constant complaints. "I'm tired, and all this walking is really hurting my feet. Why is it that the one who needs a fast digimon the most has the only one which riding on would be slower then walking?" Mimi asked, completely annoyed at the situation. Palmon seemed insulted, and Mimi added as an afterthought "No offense, Togemon is really cool in other ways."

"Mimi, I could carry you." Leomon offered, not wanting Mimi to get so worn out anyway. He rarely carried others, but Mimi needed his help. Mimi nodded her head, and her eyes got a very dreamy look in an exaggerated anime expression. "Oh, Leomon" Mimi thought, "Your so nice and heroic, and such a great warrior too." The journey continued, to the mountain of darkness, the lair of Devimon. But it wouldn't be long before Devimon sent his minions, to block their way. But even the chosen children must sleep.

While the others were sleeping, Hikari and Tailmon had wandered off, Hikari deep in thought. "What are you thinking about?" Tailmon asked, though she had a good idea of what was troubling her.

"My ancestry." Hikari said, worried about the part of her past she could accept in her first adventure, but could handle less and less as she grew. "You know, me not even being fully human, but the daughter of Ophaniovael, a legend among the higher beings. I'm just not sure if I can be worthy of her legacy, and I feel like it's slipping away from me." Ophaniovael was the mother of Hikari, and the reason of her mystical powers.

Ophaniovael was an Ophanimon, and a legend among them. Despite not being elven like most of the Ophanimon, she was still a legendary warrior of heaven, said to have banished Demon to the dark realm so long ago, but dying in one last deadly strike from Demon. Hikari had many light abilities from this, but she was beginning to reject her origins, wanting to be normal, and fearing Dagomon would come for her again. It also exhausted her terribly to use this light, as she was half-human, and humans can not channel great powers well. Hikari was not even related to Taichi, a member of the original chosen children being her father, but Ophaniovael knew she would not live long enough to see her daughter grow up, so knowing Taichi would make a good brother capable of protecting Hikari until Tailmon came, she had the Yagami family take her in, then alter their memory so that they would not know the truth. Hikari learned the truth from the Koromon, who fought in the battle at Hikarigaoka, though she suspected it all along.

The conversation ended quickly, as Tailmon's ears perked up. " Three Airdramon are approaching, and a Devidramon." Tailmon informed Hikari, not seeming surprised at all by the attack, though some surprise came as she said Devidramon. She was wondering why a Devidramon, which was so weak away from areas of evil, would be leading an attack squad. The chosen child and her digimon ran back to where the other chosen children were.

"We're under attack! A devidramon is coming!" Hikari screamed, not wanting the other chosen children to be caught off guard.

"Agumon Shinka, Greymon!" Agumon yelled out, transforming into the orange horned carnosaur digimon, and growling very loudly.

"Wormmon Shinka, Stingmon!" evolving into a green, humanoid beetle digimon.

"Palmon Shinka, Togemon!" a mobile cactus digimon appearing where the flowering plant once stood.

Greymon charged, rushing at the direction the Airdramon were in. The chosen children made haste to the scene of battle, about three hundred feet away. Tailmon and Leomon both heard a small burst of wind, like it was coming from something thrown. Greymon suddenly fell, three black shuriken in his back, and then returned to his child form of Agumon.

"What happened?" Taichi asked, to no one in particular, as clueless about why Greymon fell as the rest of them.

"Who heard that?" Tailmon said, her ears perking up again, in preparation for another attack.

"That was definitely from a thrown weapon." Leomon stated, confused. "But no Airdramon or Devidramon has a thrown weapon like that. Airdramon don't even have limbs to throw a weapon with, and seeing as how Devidramon's arms could barely lift even a light weapon, and a Devidramon throwing something that well is crazy."

"Take this, Prickly Bang!" Togemon yelled, spraying needles in all directions, expertly dodged by the enemies though. Soon, she would find herself cut down. Three black shuriken stuck in her back, Tailmon and Leomon hearing the wave of wind, and Togemon returned to being Palmon once more. However, the shock was interrupted, as Devidramon took flight. With speed unmatched by elf or dwarf or mortal man (And a flight speed record as well for dragons), Devidramon flew over to Mimi, claw outstretched. Leomon could not let Mimi be killed. He would not let the world be taken over. He cared greatly for Mimi, and would not let Devidramon kill her. He pounced, and drew his sword, quick as a cheetah while sprinting, on fire, and strapped to the end of a spaceship-launching rocket. Sword hilt hit claw, but an adult level digimon would prove to be no match for the perfect, though who knew that at the time? The sheer force of the impact proved devastating, as Leomon was thrown back two hundred twenty nine feet, landing unconscious and his sword knocked into the ground nearby.

"What is going on?" Ken asked, as confused as the rest of them. "When away from an area of evil, Devidramon are very weak for adult-level digimon, though nothing comparable to filth digimon or Bakemon. How could Leomon, a great warrior at the adult level, lose so easily?"

Hikari did not know any more then the others about Devidramon. She did not like to use her magic, but her friends were in trouble. She had tried to separate her celestial heritage from herself, not having cast a single spell during her previous digimon adventure. But she had no choice. If she didn't, Tailmon would die. With that thought, she began glowing white, and cast a spell. "That is no ordinary Devidramon. It is at the perfect level." She informed the others. A beam of light shot from her hands, at Devidramon, imprisoning it in a ball of bright light, painful to the dragon's dark hearts. "Devidramon will not continue to fight without his forces. The Airdramon must be freed, and quickly" Hikari said, knowing her strength would soon give out. Then, she fell unconscious, exhausted by the use of her magical power, as humans can't channel that much magic without becoming exhausted.

Quickly, three shuriken came, speeding rapidly towards Tailmon. However, Tailmon had heard the last attack. She suspected what was happening. And she held out her gloved claw, and easily caught all three of them. With three quick flicks of the wrist, throwing stars zoomed towards the group of Airdramon, one at each of them. One of them flew up, and dodged the blade. Another flapped its wings, to knock it down. However, the third one was not avoided, as neither Airdramon nor Igamon saw the star coming. The ninja digimon could not defend itself, and let out a high pitched scream, falling off it's dragon mount, until it saw no more.

"That sounded like an Igamon." Hawkmon commented, as Miyako held out the digimental of purity.

"Digimental Up!" Miyako yelled, activating the evolution.

"Hawkmon, Armor Shinka, Shurimon!" Hawkmon merged with the digimental of purity. Where once a bipedal bird stood, a humanoid warrior took its place. It wore long white robes, and had a mask over its face. Long leaves materialized, one on each arm, as arm-guards. The hands and feet were replaced by blue shuriken, attached by a green cord to the limbs. Also, a giant shuriken materialized on its back.

"Igamon are riding the Airdramon. They used darkness to conceal themselves, but I don't need light to see those deceptive digimon. Each one, Airdramon and Igamon, has a black gear." Shurimon informed them.

"Autumn Wind!" The giant shuriken on Shurimon's back was thrown, and four blue blades spun through the air. The shuriken was thrown perfectly, with so much expertise that it smashed the black gears of all three Airdramon. The Airdramon, angered by their dark riders, spun around in a blue cyclone, ejecting the Igamon, and knocking them unconscious. The holy prison that held Devidramon gave way, and the demon dragon bravely retreated, flapping its giant wings and flying back up to Devimon's lair. The chosen children tied up the three Igamon, and after the Airdramon gave a gesture for thanks, they flew towards factorial fortress, as the chosen warned them that if they returned to their former location, Devimon would enslave them again.

At the lair of Fallen Devimon, on Infinity Mountain, Devidramon flew in, his wings folded behind him, his tail between his legs. "Lord Devimon, I failed." He said, apologetic for his failure, and fearing what would come.

"What!" Fallen Devimon said, his look a mix of confusion and fury. "How could a perfect and six adults lose to such a weak force. Especially considering our stealth tactics should have taken out two or three of them"

"It's Hikari. She trapped me for minutes, while the others fought very well, and Tailmon found out Igamon's stealth tactics. Some sort of holy barrier, and considering how young she is, and her immense holy power, I fear she may be the daughter of Ophaniovael." Fallen Devimon's red eyes shuddered, a look of fear into his eyes, until he realized that Hikari's other half was human, and if Demon could kill Ophaniovael herself, then he was more then strong enough to kill Ophaniovael's half-breed daughter.

Meanwhile, Takeru looked on back at Factorial Fortress. He was useless like this, and he couldn't let Devimon win. He knew it was impossible to stop him, but maybe if he regained his hope he could at least delay him, and give the humans and digimon an extra day or so before being plunged into darkness. "Patamon, Let's go. I must regain my hope," Takeru said, with as little emotion as Orson of Record of Lodoss War.

"Takeru, wait" Sora said, running out of the building that housed her in factorial fortress. "You and Patamon are helpless right now. If you leave, Devimon will just kill you both, or worse. I'm going with you." Sora pleaded, as she cared greatly for Takeru, and would not allow him to throw his life away. Piyomon nodded in agreement. And the four left the gates of Factorial Fortress, returning to the surface, to fight whatever dark forces would be sent at them.

"Birdboy2000 still couldn't think up a catchy beginning, so let the Omake begin." Chibi versions of Takeru and Sora said in unison.

"Now, back on topic, I came here to invite you to the greatest battle you have ever seen." Chibi-Raistlin said. "A mage duel between myself, Cecil from the village of Zaxon, on Lodoss, Beginner of Monworld, Wizaamon of digimon adventure, and Black mage of 8-bit theater (Check it out at www.nuklearpower.com/comic)."

"Why aren't I taking part?" Chibi-Deedlit asked.

"Because this is for sorcerous magic only." Chibi-Raistlin said, and pulled out a sign showing an elf shaman, with a circle around it and a diagonal line through it.

"Why didn't you send Dalamar" Chibi-Miyako asked. An anime sweatdrop appeared behind each of the others.

"I thought Wizaamon was dead," Tailmon said, wondering what was going on.

"As for the Leomon thing, I took control after Fallen Devimon did that. Fortunately, there are clerics there to raise him. And Tailmon, a wizard did it." Chibi-Raistlin said, and produced one of Astinus's books to prove it. Instantly, Chibi-Raistlin muttered words of magic, and the Super deformed chosen children appeared in a great arena of magical proportions. Chibi-Raistlin explained that this was forged by the work of magi of all three orders, and produced pictures showing super-deformed magi casting the spell.

Chibi-Miyako, acting as announcer, began to introduce the magic users. "He almost ascended to godhood, but Takhisis stopped him. The coolest mage Krynn has ever known, here is Raistlin! And from Lodoss, he probably should have been a warrior, and I think he has elven blood, Slain's Bishouen apprentice, Cecil! Now, from Monworld, she is still in summoning school, and her spells often have unintended results, but we need some randomness in the battle, so here is the kawaii Beginner! Next up, from digimon adventure, he gave his life to save Tailmon, a popular master of lightning, and the only kind necromancer in recorded history, here is Wizaamon! And finally, master of the Hadoken, he casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down, here is Black Mage! Let the battle begin!"

"I summon the fire giant" Beginner yells, throwing up a card and beginning the spell. A huge cloud of fire engulfs the arena. Chibi versions of every chosen child and their digimon partners, along with Wizaamon, Raistlin, Black Mage, Deedlit, Cecil, and the entirety of the audience fall over anime style.

"The author can't think up a decent ending either, so goodbye" the cast of the omake says, while waving their hands.