Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Devimon's saga ❯ Mystery! The treason of Lady Devimon! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: I must confess, the preview is not entirely accurate. I didn't realize quite how late it was, and Taichi's team will rest up in Factorial Town instead of beginning their search. Also, I use Lodoss elven magic for the elf characters.

While Garudamon sped towards Grey Lord's Mansion, and Taichi's team traveled underground towards Factorial fortress, a new faction was being formed. "I have gathered you all here, because you know what evil will come if Devimon returns, and are not foolish enough to believe the chosen children have a chance." Felis explained to the other digimon in the vault in which they met. Yami Leomon was there as was the Grappleomon Leo. Deramon, former slave of Pinnochimon had attended, with a clearly insane Giromon in the area as well. Last of the digimon gathered was Black Lilymon, former slave tortured by Vamdemon.

"The chosen children were nice kids, but I can't let our world suffer, and if it means sacrificing them so be it." Deramon said, clearly in agreement.

"I have seen failure on Folder, and do not wish another to occur on File Island." Leo said, thinking of the dead at Holy Angel Castle.

"Deadly Bomb!" Giromon said, blowing himself up, then reforming. He seemed to be in agreement, but no one could tell for sure.

"I won't suffer any more." Black Lilymon said, wanting to protect her own world. "Earth be damned for all I care, but the digimon must be saved."

"Well, I have an idea that just might work." Felis said, and explained his plan to the others. "Let's go, to Grey Lord's mansion!" He began, but clutched his injured leg in dismay, and had to get a Mecha Norimon before leaving.

At Grey Lord's mansion, the battle had already begun. "Darkness Wave!" Lady Devimon yelled, as a purple wave of bats flew out of Lady Devimon's chest and straight at the Grey Lord.

"Dusk Raid!" The archmage digimon sent a cloud of bats at Lady Devimon's bats. As the purple and grey bats attacked one another, Metal Tyrannomon moved behind the spellcaster. His movements were heard, and the Grey Lord flew up, to put himself at Giga Dramon's mercy.

"Genocide attack!" Twin missiles were shot by the mechanical dragon, and straight at the vampire. A powerful explosion occurred as the attack hit, and the Grey Lord knew he couldn't take much longer.

"I surrender." The Vamdemon lied, and flew into the mansion, while speaking words of magic. Lady Devimon believed them to be spells needed to navigate the place, but in reality he was setting up a trap in the very book the Succubus sought.

"This world shall be mine, Grey Lord." Lady Devimon cackled, preparing to open the book. Vamdemon grabbed the trapped book and opened it to the page with Neo's information on it. As Lady Devimon began reading, an explosion engulfed her. Instantly, they were back outside, with Lady Devimon being very injured by the trap.

"I can't believe someone as experience as you were in magic would actually fall for that." The Grey Lord said, while looking at the approaching phoenix.

On that approaching phoenix rode some very tired chosen children. The battle of Infinity complete, the chosen children were exhausted, and the fact that it was about midnight didn't help either. They were doing all they could to stay awake, but the truth was that Koushirou, Tentomon, Hawkmon, and Garudamon were half-asleep, with the others not far behind.

"Koushirou, Miyako, go to File City. You won't be much help in the battle anyway. If the two of you and your digimon don't rest up, you will be killed in this battle." Yamato ordered, knowing that the deaths he described were certain, unless they returned.

"Why File City? Factorial Fortress is much better protected, and the others will be there." Koushirou asked, completely confused by the orders of his leader.

"Because it's closer, and I don't want your digimon falling asleep in mid-flight." Yamato said, giving a reason, which while true, hid his real motivation. He didn't trust Iori whatsoever, and was worried an evil lurked within Taichi's team. But Koushirou would never believe that.

"Don't have me leave. I want to stay and fight." Miyako said, without a clue how she would actually do that, as she had Hawkmon go back with the departing Kabuterimon.

Taichi's group had already returned to Factorial Fortress, where they encountered Iori at the gates. "Where are Miyako, Koushirou, and Daisuke? I assume Takeru and Sora have not returned yet." Iori said diplomatically, sounding years older then he truly was, The youngest chosen child also wondered if they had fallen in battle, or joined Yamato's side. But the moment of focus was lost, as he saw his digimon again.
"Iori." Armadimon shouted happily, tears going down his face as he never expected to see his human partner again, believing he would be killed or held as a hostage by Yamato.

"Armadimon. I thought I'd never again see you." Iori said, embracing his digimon partner, who jumped up into his arms.

"Daisuke died in battle, at the claw of Devimon." Taichi said, a tear running down his face as he thought of the demon digimon. "The others went with the traitor Yamato, to fight the Grey Lord."
Yamato's group had just arrived at Grey Lord's Mansion. They were ready to help out the Grey Lord.

"Garudamon, Black Weregarurumon, I can handle Lady Devimon, with the Grey Lord's help. You two go after the others." Angemon advised the two digimon. "Heaven's Knuckle." A beam of white light was shot at the female demon, who flew quickly out of the way, and as Garudamon flew towards Giga Dramon, Miyako leaped off on the pass. A desperate leap, which would result in her death if she missed her target.

Miyako flew through the air, too caught up in the moment to realize what would happen if she fell. Garudamon had passed, and lacked the speed to get back in time. Black Weregarurumon was grappling Metal Tyrannomon, and might not have cared enough even if he could get there in time, which he probably couldn't. She would have made it too, but Lady Devimon maneuvered upward, to get a better angle on her strike at the Grey Lord. "Power of air, levitate the falling one!" The Grey Lord recited the incantation that could have Miyako rise, to enable her to catch on to Lady Devimon, but the spell would only work if she would accept it. Miyako had her suspicions, and Takeru screaming not to do it was affecting her, but the Grey Lord was proving himself an ally, and Miyako wouldn't just roll over and die. A powerful gust of air lifted her up, and she grabbed Lady Devimon's long chain.

"Get off you human." Lady Devimon said, while trying to shake the annoying chosen child off, using the word human as an insult. She saw Angemon and the Grey Lord attack, and was determined to survive. "Giga Dramon, grab me." She ordered, as the dramon digimon tried to get her out of the way.

"Shadow Wing!" A blazing phoenix flew out of Garudamon's wing, and right at Giga Dramon. The mechanical dragon digimon put his wings up defensively, and snatched Lady Devimon, along with the screaming Miyako. But flying through the streams of blood, and getting hit by a phoenix took its toll, as he was flying crippled.

"Giga Destroyer 2" Two missiles shot out of Metal Tyrannomon's chest, and right at Black Weregarurumon. Due to their close range, the attack hit easily, and an explosion engulfed both of them. When the smoke cleared, Metal Tyrannomon's armor protected him, and he had not even moved, but Black Weregarurumon was launched some distance, and injured badly.

"Crimson claw!" Garudamon flew at Gigadramon, her burning claw outstretched. Garudamon was tired though, having already died and been reborn today, as well as battling for infinity. The tired phoenix missed, as her fatigue was taking its toll. She flew down to the ground below, and set Sora, Yamato, and Takeru down, not wanting them to fall off due to her fatigue.

"Nuclear Laser!" A powerful beam was shot by Master Tyrannomon, and right at Miyako. She would not survive the blast if it hit, and to ensure that it did, Lady Devimon and Giga Dramon were not moving. She had one chance though. Miyako let go of Lady Devimon's leg, and plunged to the ground below. Using her arms and legs to alter her descent, she landed on the fur of Black Weregarurumon.

Lady Devimon swooped down and dove for Takeru. Knowing that with him hostage, Angemon would not dare attack. In fact, she believed the chosen children would force the Grey Lord to divulge Neo's location, not knowing its significance, and with one of their own at stake. The Grey Lord, seeing this, but with no attacks quick to counter, conjured a bow and a magical arrow, the arrow returning to it's sender after being shot, and threw them to Takeru.

"I will not fall to your vile tricks, demon." Takeru stated, believing the bow or the arrow had some foul enchantment, which would do horrible things to him. He didn't see Lady Devimon flying towards him, but he realized Lady Devimon would take it, and it would not effect her, if he didn't do something. Quickly, he took off his hat, and caught both using the hat as a basket, knowing that the dark magic imbued in the bow would only effect him if it touched his skin.

Lady Devimon picked up speed, Takeru easily in reach. She was not seen by Takeru, so it would be easy for her plan to succeed. And succeed it very well would have, without the intervention of another. "Takeru!" Sora screamed, diving to knock Takeru away from the demon's grasp, and as she flew up again, she would be seen.

"Sora." Takeru said, looking at how she risked herself, to save him. Takeru cared greatly for Sora, and would not let his love fall to Lady Devimon. But could he use the bow? Even if it wasn't tainted, he was no archer. <Why did the Grey Lord give him this weapon? >, he wondered.

While most could, Leomon and Angewomon could not sleep. Angewomon looked at Hikari's sleep, brought on from sheer exhaustion, and envied her. She was too afraid for the others, back at Grey Lord's mansion, and fearing for the digital world. "Hikari, I will protect you." She said, looking lovingly down at her chosen child. Leomon couldn't sleep either, for evil never sleeps, so he was too worried about what evils were happening, that he would need to take up his newly regrown sword to fight. (For the swords of all Leomon regenerate in about an hour, if they are destroyed.) As he watched over the chosen children, his ears perked up. He heard movement, someone leaving Factorial Fortress. He thought nothing of it though, thinking it merely a nocturnal digimon, not realizing the soft movement was that of Felis.

"Grey Lord, I can't use a bow. Why did you give me one, I am not an archer?" Takeru asked the archmage, wondering if he was insane.

"I thought all elves, even half-breeds, were naturally skilled at it." The Grey Lord said very mysteriously.

"But I'm not a half-elf." Takeru said, completely confused. Sure, archmagi were usually wise, and very sane, but some had lost their minds, he was sure of it. Either way, he had little time to think, as Lady Devimon was still there, and ordering Metal Tyrannomon to attack them, while she eliminated Angemon.

"Puwazon!" Lady Devimon's arm turned into a vile spear, as she flew at Angemon, spear outstretched.

"Holy Rod!" Angemon's angelic rod blocked the spear-arm, but was nearly broken in half by the sheer force of the blow.

"Bloody Stream!" A whip of blood came forth from the Grey Lord's hand, and Lady Devimon was hit by it, and blood (Not the blood in the whip, but black blood of demons) came out of her shoulder. A rare look of pain crossed her face.

On the ground, Metal Tyrannomon was charging at Takeru. Black Were Garurumon charged from behind, but it was doubtful even he could pierce the thick armor covering the dinosaur digimon. Takeru looked down at the bow. If Metal Tyrannomon reached him, he could die or worse and Sora would suffer as well. He couldn't just give up, and he, not his digimon, might be the only one who could stop it. He looked down at his bow, wondering if it could do anything. "Angemon, if I begin turning into a wraith of the Grey Lord, or something else evil, kill me as soon as you can, don't give it a second thought." Takeru yelled out, the unknowing half-elf warning his digimon partner. Then, he had nothing left to do. He loaded the arrow into the bow, pulled it back, and let it fly.

A black arrow flew through the sky. Takeru did not turn into a wraith. He was not affected by mind-influencing magic in any way. A black gear did not attempt to imbed itself in his body. His soul was not stolen and given to the Grey Lord, as a material component for his next spell. In fact, nothing of the sort happened. Takeru looked back, wondering how he shot with such instinctive skill and wondered if what the grey lord said to him was true. As he rubbed his ear, he felt a point on it, like an elf would have. Speeding towards Metal Tyrannomon, the arrow pierced through his armor, making a small hole.

"Kill the half-elf." Lady Devimon yelled out, and hearing this, Angemon moved into a defensive position, prepared to deflect any attack that came towards Takeru.

"Nuclear Laser!" A blue laser powered by nuclear energy shot straight towards Takeru.

"Heaven's Knuckle!" Angemon shot a beam of holy energy at the laser, which failed to do anything to it. Takeru began wondering if this was truly the end, when a spell came into his mind. A part of the elven magic, which any elf can do.

"Sylph, spirit of wind, I summon thee, to blow away this attack." Takeru recited, and a wind spirit blew the laser out of the way, making it disintegrate an innocent Bakemon by accident.

"I didn't want to resort to this, but, Hell's Gate!" Lady Devimon screamed, as a purple gate opened, and powerful wind began sucking the others, attempting to send them to hell. The Bakemon still outside returned to the mansion, and the wind spirit protected the humans, but Black Weregarurumon was in trouble. As the wind sucked him upward, he screamed out to be saved, and a miracle did not happen, but the battle was far from over.

"God Typhoon!" A powerful windstorm circled around Black Weregarurumon, and while the wolf digimon was unharmed, the energy the gate to hell put out had no effect. The same could not be said for the Grey Lord, who was very close to entering hell's gate.

"Bloody Stream!" A river of blood came out of his hand, and Lady Devimon was grabbed. Fearing her death, she closed the gate, but the damage had been done, and Garudamon was already fast asleep, and Takeru's summon had returned to where it was summoned from.

"Guilty Claw!" The injured Giga Dramon yelled out, no longer with an opponent to keep it busy. The dark claw cut through the holy typhoon, to be countered with Black Weregarurumon's own claw attack.

"Kaiser Nail!" The claw that had slain so many was in use, and Black Weregarurumon's slash connected with that of Giga Dramon. The downward force of the claw was mighty, but Giga Dramon's claw was armored, and the attacks harmlessly bounced off one another. But Black Weregarurumon had another to worry about.

"Giga Destroyer II" An improved version of Metal Greymon's attack was shot from the chest of Metal Tyrannomon, knocking out Black Were Garurumon in the explosion. The chosen children were now in a great deal of trouble, as while Lady Devimon's forces may have suffered injuries, only Angemon, Takeru, and the Grey Lord remained capable fighters on the side of good.

"Bloody Stream!" The Grey Lord, seizing the opportunity and not one to give up easily, used his whip of blood to hit Metal Tyrannomon's vulnerable skin, in the area that the black arrow pierced his armor. Metal Tyrannomon roared in pain, and Lady Devimon began wondering if maybe, defeat was possible in this battle. But that would not matter long, as something would soon change the entire tide of the fight.

From the shadows they came. Black Lilymon, Deramon, Felis, Yami Leomon, and Leo. What they saw surprised them. Why was Lady Devimon running an attack at this moment, and seemingly unaffected by the battle of infinity. Then it hit them, Lady Devimon was a traitor. This, they could use to their advantage.

"I am Felis, leader of the protectors of the digital world. We have come to take Takeru, for his sacrifice will save the digital world." He stated calmly.

Takeru seemed utterly surprised by this remark. He was certain that someone would have told him, if there was such a way. He would be glad to do it though, willing to end his life to save the digital world if need be. "How?" He asked.

"You shall be taken to the lair of Fallen Devimon, and thrown through a portal to earth. Seeing this, Fallen Devimon shall go after you, and I shall seal the portal from which you came." Felis explained, not caring at all about the billions of humans who would die from it, in fact somewhat glad, for there was no end to the evil of humans.

"I will not sacrifice one world, to save another." Takeru said angrily. "Deramon, how could you align with such an evil? You seemed so kind."

"Sorry kid, but my world comes first." Deramon answered.

"Black Lilymon, you shall be a slave once more." Lady Devimon said, a vein popped on her face that this slave had escaped, and was not under her control. "Darkness Wave!" Thousands of purple bats flew out of Lady Devimon, and right towards the escaped slave. The bats hit their mark perfectly, badly hurting the fiery digimon, but refusing to kill her, for she would suffer for her escape. Black Lilymon didn't dare resist, as she feared the rest of the thirteen lords of darkness as much as she feared Vamdemon.

Felis leapt toward Takeru, sword outstretched. Deramon ran over, to join in attacking Takeru. Quickly, Takeru stepped to the right, but Felis's cheetah agility made that no use. He had no choice but to cast another spell, and hope for the best.

"Power of the Gnomes, entangle this enemy!" Takeru said, using his second spell. A look of shock came over Felis. How did Takeru learn that spell? From what he knew of Takeru, he was completely human, and that magic was only usable by elves. But in the spellcasting, he caught a glimpse of Takeru's ear. It was pointed, like that of an elf. It didn't matter now though. What did was that Takeru must be captured, for only then could he bring the humans to their knees, and save this world as well.

"Dark Beast Sword!" As Felis was entangled, Yami Leomon seized the weakness in any spellcaster, and swung at Takeru, going for the head, but as Takeru flinched, he ended up amputating Takeru's right arm, in a clean slice, as Takeru screamed very loudly.

The Grey Lord was wondering who to side with. On one hand, he cared little for Earth, and would not let his own world die to save it. But he wasn't convinced that Fallen Devimon could be kept out of the digital world, and Takeru might be the key to stopping it. He wasn't sure whose side he was on, so he waited, taking note of each side's weaknesses in case he wanted to side with the others.

"Black Lilymon, what in the dark ocean are you doing. Fight back. You're not a slave anymore" Felis yelled at the submissive digimon, and then followed up with a string of curse words, ignoring the incredible pain of the vines entangling around him from Takeru's spell. But he stopped, to scream in pain, as he could ignore his leg injury no longer, and reached down to clutch it, but the spell made it impossible.

"Felis, I'll get you out of there. Dark Beast Sword!" Yami Leomon yelled, swinging his might blade, and the dark green vines were cut so cleanly, that all of them fell harmlessly to the ground. As Felis charged at Takeru, Angemon flew down, to heal Takeru, so that he could defend himself with magic.

"Deadly Bomb!" The clearly insane Giromon launched a bomb into the air, which fell on Black Lilymon, and negated Lady Devimon's attack while badly damaging the female plant digimon.

"Holy Regeneration!" Takeru's arm grew back quickly, due to the magical abilities of Angemon. Unfortunately, the already tired digimon had used up much of his energy, as there was a reason lesser angels like he rarely regrew limbs, and he fell asleep, wings curled up above him. Now, only Takeru, Sora, and Miyako remained, and two of those had virtually no fighting ability.

Miyako was not one to stay back in a fight, despite her lack of ability. She began trying incantations, for she knew there was one to have a human use a digimental, but she didn't know what incantation it was. "Power of the digital world, enable me to use this armor!" No, that wasn't it. "By the magic of the digital world, let me use this armor!" She tried, but that wasn't the incantation either. Losing her patience, she tried "By Qinglongmon, Armor Shinka, damn you!" She yelled, and the armor of purity merged with her, Miyako as surprised by that turn of events as anyone else.

Of course, as Miyako had armor evolved, her look changed quite a bit. White robes, folded over and over provided for comfortable armor, and the arms were elongated with the springs of Shurimon. Also, a two bladed sword was in her hands, and a green helmet covered her eyes, with blue shuriken that could be shot from it.

Looking over at Takeru, she saw Yami Leomon and Felis running at him, while the half-elf was barely holding off Deramon as it was. She needed an opponent of her own to fight, and decided Felis would be the best target. Leaping quite high into the air, she landed next to Felis, and swung her sword. As the sword was spun around, it barely managed to block the much superior fighter's swords, giving the feline the chance to see the weakness, which he did. The center of the handle could be struck at, and the downward momentum would tear the sword from Miyako's grip. In a brilliant arc, Felis swung one sword down at the handle, while parrying Miyako's blows with the other. The force of the blow caused the sword to fly from Miyako's hands, and as the cat warrior leaped up to deliver the killing strike, the pain in his leg came again, and it was seen by Sora.

Sora watched, as Takeru, who she cared so much about, was so near death at Yami Leomon's hands. She was certain that Garudamon, Angemon, and the others would die if they were defeated, and the odds did not look good. As she spotted the weakness in Felis's leg, she realized she might be able to save them, but only by thinking quickly. The child of love scanned the battlefield, looking for a weapon, until she found one in Angemon's holy rod. Picking up the rod, she could barely lift it, but she wouldn't let Takeru die. She charged, and as she did, Garudamon's strength merged with her own, and she could lift it, even throw it. She flung the rod at the leg of the half-cheetah, and watched it sail through the air. Direct hit! Felis clutched his leg in pain, and Yami Leomon, sword to Takeru's neck, backed away to help his chosen child.

The others, seeing their leader like this, called for a retreat. As the protectors of the digital world fled, Felis had one last chance, which could cause a civil war of demons, and buy the chosen children more time, if the war took place in the realm of evil. "Neo's on Monitor Isle!" He yelled, and Lady Devimon heard it, and flew to Monitor, to raise Mugen Dramon. As they left, Giromon had one last thing to say.

"Deadly bomb!" A bomb thrown by Giromon came very close to hitting the Grey Lord, but ultimately failed, as the Vampire moved out of the way.

"What was so important about Neo that would make Lady Devimon risk letting Devimon find out about her treachery." Takeru asked the mage.

"It's Fallen Devimon now, he evolved. I will tell you tomorrow, but you need your sleep for now." The Grey Lord responded.

"But Lady Devimon." Takeru began, before being cut off. The other chosen children were already asleep, if not very close to it, and while he did not trust the Grey Lord, if the Grey Lord planned on killing him, he wouldn't be able to stop it anyway.

"Lady Devimon has fought hard today, and she needs to sleep too. Besides, what good would it be to arrive at Monitor tonight, only to find Neo fast asleep." The Grey Lord responded, and the chosen children went into his mansion to sleep, not realizing it could be the last time they would ever sleep.

"Did someone curse this omake with their dying breath or something?" Chibi-Takeru said, wondering if the author would ever come up with anything.

"I don't know, but let the omake begin!" Chibi-Sora responded.

"We now pick up after Cecil has been knocked out, and Black Mage returned to normal." Chibi-Takeru explained to the audience.

<Damn, out of MP> Each of the mages thought. Chibi-Black Mage fumbled for his stabbing knife, as chibi Wizaamon used the legendary battle tactics of Maar, and found a shadowy figure in the corner.

"You shall win, if you give me your soul." Chibi-Fistandantilus said, hoping he would accept the offer like Raistlin did.

"Do I look like Raistlin to you. Get back to Krynn!" Chibi-Wizaamon responded, but the portal he came through would also bring another. Chibi-Black Mage bared down at Chibi-Wizaamon, stabbing knife in hand.

"Kender Mage!" Chibi-Wizaamon yelled, and everyone except him recoiled in horror, giving him the chance to deliver a kick, but the lack of physical strength that plagues almost all mages plagued him as well, and the kick did nothing. The knife bared down on him, when someone came out of the portal.

"Neither good nor evil shall gain power, instead neutrality will rule!" Chibi-Karla yelled, much more excited then her normal counterpart had gotten in centuries, and cast a spell draining away the consciousness from both.

"Behold, in a great surprise, Karla has taken Cecil's place, and won the tournament." Chibi-Miyako yelled to the audience, and they celebrated.

"However heroes, I have grave news. Sauron has returned, and since the elves all faded, and he smartly laid waste to the hobbits first. He made a new ring, and now we need a new fellowship. His evil can not triumph over neutrality, he must be stopped." Chibi-Karla explained. "We shall create a fellowship, to throw this new ring into mount doom. Tasslehoff Burrfoot shall bear the ring." The other mages all facefaulted."
"I will go, to represent the elven peoples." Chibi-Deedlit stated.

"I will act as mage. Now if only I could remember that spell." Chibi-Fizban said, dragon mount beside him.

"Considering this is a digimon fic, I will go, with Patamon by my side." Chibi-Takeru stated. Chibi-Sora, Piyomon, Leomon, Chibi-Mimi, Chibi-Hikari, Chibi-Tailmon, and Chibi-Palmon also decided to go.

"Then as the rightful king of men, and heir to the throne of both Alania and Flaim, I will finish this fellowship." Chibi-Parn stated. "Now onward, to Mordor!"

"We'll be seeing you." All members of the anime fellowship stated in unison, and waved goodbye.

Next time on Fallen Devimon's saga, Lady Devimon aligns with Neo, to revive Mugen Dramon. Yamato's team attempts to stop it, but of Taichi's group, only Hikari and Angewomon believe it, and as they leave, a search ensues for the digimon king(This time for real.), but Fallen Devimon is also looking, thanks to an informant on the side of the chosen children. Read Mugen Dramon's attempted revival, in the next episode of Digimon Adventure: Fallen Devimon's saga. Don't miss Dark Ritual! The 4th member of the Thirteen!