Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Devimon's saga ❯ Dark Ritual! The 4th member of the Thirteen! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In the castle of the Grey Lord, the chosen children awoke from their sleep, while Lady Devimon took flight to Monitor. "Grey Lord. Why haven't you killed me yet?" Takeru questioned the vampire angrily.

"Nevermind that, half-elf. Sora, you have the spirit of the phoenix. Learn to tap into its power and great things can be done by you." The Grey Lord said mysteriously.

"Where is Lady Devimon? Who is this Neo, and why does Lady Devimon seek him? I don't have time for your games." Takeru growled at the former lord of darkness.

"Lady Devimon is on Monitor Isle. She will revive Mugen Dramon, if she is not stopped." The Grey Lord warned the chosen children. "Takeru, take this bow and these arrows with you." He said, giving Takeru the bow he used last battle, and Takeru took it, still unsure of the grey lord's intentions.

With that, Sora and Garudamon flew off towards Monitor, as did Takeru, and Angemon, not trusting at first, and afraid he was being used as a pawn, but Lady Devimon was still a threat. Yamato, Miyako, and Black Weregarurumon rode on Garudamon, and with a message sent by Yamato, Koushirou also decided to come, and with him Kabuterimon and Aquillamon. Back in factorial town though, other things were brewing.

"They will search for Etemon. Shall we stop them?" Deramon asked, wondering what Felis's priority was at the time.

"That is of no consequence. We must not let the chosen children interfere in Mugen Dramon's revival." Felis responded, and motioned to leave, for Monitor Isle. As he began attempting to walk, he found his right leg completely paralyzed, as Yami Leomon hoisted him over the shoulder.

"Put me down." Felis yelled at his digimon, struggling to get out. Yami Leomon put him in a Mecha Norimon to pilot, and as Felis looked at the exterior, he saw twin swords not unlike his own in the arms. This was to be used in combat. Felis climbed into the cockpit, and piloted the mechanical digimon out, the others following.

"Hikari?" Angewomon questioned elsewhere in factorial town, wondering if she would at last awake from the sleep caused by the use of her powers, as morning came, and the others awakened. At last, when the others wished to leave without her, she woke up and rubbed her eyes, Angewomon hovering above her.
"What's going on?" She asked, wondering just that, and noticing how beautiful Angewomon seemed, and how she was smiling so much. Was it pride in Hikari's transformation that was causing it, or something else entirely.

"We believe Etemon's in the Mangrove region." Angewomon began, looking lovingly at her chosen child. "I'll stay behind if you're not up to the journey."

"No, take me. You may need my help." Hikari said, barely getting each word out, but knowing she may be needed in the battle ahead. Angewomon nodded, and they went with the others, to search for Etemon.

Back in the lair of Fallen Devimon, Devidramon had some information for his master. "Devimon-sama, Lady Devimon went to Mangrove, to search for the digimon king." He reported, relaying the false information Ogremon had given him.

"The traitor will die. Let's go." Fallen Devimon said, and grabbing Ogremon at the front gate, and having the ogre digimon mount an Airdramon, while the demon lord flew on Devidramon, not that he needed a mount or anything.

The flight to Monitor was in progress, as the chosen children rode on their digimon, or in Yamato's case, on Garudamon because she could carry the most. As this flight happened, Sora was thinking about the day's events. She glanced over at her half-elven love, and saw the internal transformation that few knew of, that happened when he thought of truly evil digimon. "Is this really how he is meant to be?" She wondered. "Will this hate tear him up inside, or is this how warriors of light should truly be. But none of the holy digimon are like this." She thought, worried for Takeru, and hoping the dark cloud over him could be lifted. She thought back to the battle at Grey Lord's mansion, how none of that rage came through as he expertly cast spells. But was that going to continue, or were the protectors of the digital world just not as evil as Fallen Devimon and his ilk?

"Takeru, don't let this hate ruin you." Sora said softly, but Takeru was too focused on the battle ahead.

"So, does anyone know where in Mangrove Etemon is?" Taichi asked, the digimon having set down, and no one having a clue.

"My feet hurt already, from the thought of how much walking we'll be doing." Mimi complained. But hearing Mimi's complaining, some digimon came out of the bushes.

"Mimi-hime, what is it that you wish for?" the Otamamon and Gekomon asked in unison. These digimon still regarded Mimi as their princess, for how she saved them from their shogun, who had gone insane many years back.

"Some way to avoid walking all this distance." She responded. "A battle may come, and I don't want Leomon or Togemon wasting one of their hands carrying me." With that, Otamamon and Gekomon returned to the bushes, to grab just what Mimi had asked for.

"Anyone have any ideas on how to find Etemon?" Taichi asked, it being his position as the leader. Slowly, each pair of eyes turned to the lion digimon, as none of the other digimon could smell nearly as well as he could.

"I don't know what Etemon smells like. I haven't met him in six years, and I never got a good whiff of him anyway." Leomon responded, wondering if they had any method of finding him. Just then, up from the river popped Gomamon.

"Gomamon, what brings you here?" Palmon asked kindly.

"Well, I was taking a swim in the digital world, when all of a sudden, Devimon sealed the portal and I've been stuck here ever since." Gomamon explained, with no sadness in his voice, almost laughing at the fact that of all the times Devimon sealed the portal, it was one when he was in the digital world.

"Have you seen Etemon?" Taichi asked?
"No and neither have any of the fish. I thought Etemon was dead." Gomamon responded, wondering if Taichi had gone crazy. He had personally fought in the last battle with Etemon, and saw him disintegrate.

"I did too." Taichi responded. "But he's back now, and we may need to align with him."

"I know the perfect way to find Etemon." Mimi said, and the others were wondering what she meant.

The isle of Monitor. It is a small island, in the middle of Dragon Eye Lake. This island is divided into Beetle Land, home of insect digimon where the chosen children first arrived, and the dark forest known simply as the Jungle of Darkness, where nothing can be seen. It was in this jungle Neo and Skull Satamon hid, and this jungle where he now heard Lady Devimon, who was descending into this forest.

"So, they've found us at last." Neo said, no fear in his voice, only sheer confidence in his ability. "Oh wait, it's only the spineless traitor."

"Nail B-" Skull Satamon began, ready to strike down the succubus, when he was interrupted.

"I mean you no harm. Now, if you want Fallen Devimon's spellbook, you will listen." Lady Devimon hissed. Neo and Skull Satamon listened, due to their greed for power. "If you jogress these three digimon for me, then you will have power beyond your wildest dreams. I have conveniently dispatched of Fallen Devimon, and for you to have his spellbook, you need only revive Mugen Dramon. I have gathered all the necessary components, and all it requires now is someone to perform the ritual."

"How can I trust you will fulfill your side of the bargain." Neo asked, knowing the reputation of the digimon he spoke to.

"Because you will get the spellbook first." Lady Devimon responded, knowing that Neo wouldn't dare betray her, and even if he did, Neo and Skull Satamon would easily lose, though Lady Devimon didn't want them to know about her power-up. With that, Lady Devimon flew off to Infinity, as did Neo and Skull Satamon, on the back of a Kuwagumon.

"What in the dark ocean are they up to?" Takeru spat. Garudamon had at last sighted Lady Devimon, and was ready to take out the demon. Unfortunately, Lady Devimon proved to be a faster flyer then she had thought. Garudamon chased after Lady Devimon, as she headed for Infinity Mountain, a fiery aura surrounding her. Kabuterimon and Aquillamon returned to their child forms, as they lacked the speed to keep up, and flew onto Garudamon, depositing their riders first. Angemon flew onto Garudamon's wing, first depositing Takeru in Garudamon's claws, hoping for a good shot at the seductress. Down on the ground, hidden in the shadows, Felis and the others were giving chase quite well.

Back in the Mangrove Forest, Mimi revealed her idea. Winking at the others, she yelled out "If only there was someone in this forest skilled in music. This background is getting really boring." The other chosen did an anime face-fault, as all knew that idea would work, but the last thing any of them wanted was to hear Etemon's music (Or noise, as the case may be). Of course, hearing the chosen children, another came, before Etemon could arrive. And his name was Ogremon.

"Supreme King Fist!" A purple ogre head shot from the fist of Ogremon, directly at Leomon.

"What are you doing?" Mimi asked, wondering what had happened. It was certainly the same ogremon they had met on File Island, and aligned with against the dark masters. But that Ogremon had turned to good, hadn't he? He tried to hide it, but she believed he was a good digimon at heart. He had no black gear or anything, and while not the smartest digimon (Far from it, actually), he was smart enough to know that was not the time to carry on his rivalry with Leomon. What Mimi didn't know, was that Pinnochimon had instigated the fight with Ogremon (Against the wishes of the thirteen lords of darkness), and Ogremon, believing the rest would do that to him, loyally fought against him, and then he acted good, fearing death if he chose the path of evil once more. Now that Devimon was back, he was back to his true nature.

"Ogremon, cease this foolishness." Leomon roared at him.

"Bone Club!" Ogremon swung his mighty bone, not at Leomon but at Mimi, for the death of Daisuke had hit the chosen children hard and Fallen Devimon had told him another death would ruin their morale. Of course, the fact that it would piss off Leomon so much didn't exactly hurt either.

"Lion King Sword!" In a quick leap, Leomon unsheathed Shishioumaru, and blocked the attack with his blade. Mimi looked at Leomon, how just like that day long ago, Leomon was putting himself in danger to save her. But this time, she wouldn't hold her own digimon back, and let Leomon die.

"Palmon, we have no choice. Make sure Ogremon dies!"
"Poison Ivy!" Although Ogremon and Palmon had developed a friendship long ago, Ogremon had betrayed her, and she sent vines from her arms, taking Ogremon's bone club, tears welling up in her eyes even as she disarmed Ogremon, for the ogre would soon die. All that was interrupted however, as evil showed its face.

"Hell's beam of destruction!" High in the treetops, Devimon showed his face, and shot a beam of darkness from his hands, and the blast hit Taichi, as he screamed in pain for about a second, until he could scream no more.

"Agumon, Warp" Taichi's digimon partner began, until Hikari started to glow with white light, and her wings appeared again.
"Agumon, don't let anger control you." She stated calmly, and light encircled Agumon, putting the digimon in stasis. At this point, Etemon, well, now King Etemon, leaped down from one of the trees. The monkey digimon was covered with golden fur, and wearing royal clothing, with a shining Monzaemon doll on his hip.

"Monkey Play!" Etemon began singing a horrible tune, making everyone except for Hikari cover their ears. While Hikari seized the opportunity to attack, near Infinity Mountain, Lady Devimon raced to Infinity.

"Heaven's Knuckle!" A beam of light shot from Angemon's hand and the succubus easily evaded it. "It's not working. She's way too fast." Lady Devimon had been sighted, and the attack was on.

"Digimental up!" Once more, the armor of purity turned Miyako into a shuriken-wielding warrior. Though Aquillamon had been told the previous night, he was surprised that Miyako could do this, and wondering if he was now useless. Miyako leapt up to the wing opposite Angemon, and attacked.

"Blue Shuriken!" Three of exactly what the attack name implied were thrown, 2 at Neo, and 1 at Lady Devimon, but the kuwagamon flew upwards, and Lady Devimon was way too fast for them to hit.

"It's time." Yamato said, emotionless, to his digimon, as the others wondered what he was talking about. Yamato jumped up to Garudamon's wing, and procured a small dagger from his hand.

"So, do you also want to give your best shot to Lady Devimon?" Angemon asked, unaware of what would happen. The dagger was thrust into Angemon's back, and he fell silent, and was sprawled on the wing, though his power of light would allow him to heal.

"This is working perfectly. Launch the attack!" Felis yelled.

"Black Rose Cannon!" A beam of red energy bursted from a cannon that looked like a black rose, and knocked Miyako unconscious, her armor keeping her alive. The evil flower fairy was no longer going to submit that easily. Now, Black Weregarurumon needed to do his part in the strike. He raised his claw quickly, but Sora could see it. But what did the Grey Lord mean, spirit of the phoenix? Could she really do something? Should she give up? No, she thought, she wouldn't let Takeru die, even if she had to sacrifice herself. She cared way too much about Takeru to do nothing, and in the heat of the moment, she struck. Leaping, her momentum sent both her and Black Weregarurumon flying off Garudamon.

"Sora!" Garudamon yelled, diving to catch her, but nowhere near fast enough.

"Onii-san, how could you do this." Takeru cried out, tears coming down, that his brother betrayed him like this.

"Lady Devimon, I assure you, Takeru will meet the same fate as the others, Mugen Dramon will rise once more, and I will claim my reward." Yamato yelled, charmed by the succubus, completely entranced by the demon digimon, and his hormones clouding his judgment.

"Dark Beast Fist!" A black lion's head was shot from Yami Leomon down below, and right at Takeru. Garudamon moved her claws, and with them Takeru, so the attack missed though. Yamato leaped at his brother, but Garudamon closed her claws, and he could not get through. Making a pass for the trees, Garudamon dropped all who were riding her, and headed for Lady Devimon, alone.
"Yamato, you will die for this treachery." Takeru stated coldly, indifferent to the fact that he was attacking his own brother, and drew the black bow given to him by the grey lord.

"Petit Thunder!" Tentomon shot a small yellow bolt of lightning, and Yamato held up his dagger, which glowed black, absorbing the electricity and reflecting it back at the insect digimon, who fell to the ground shocked by his own lightning, thanks to Lady Devimon's magic.

Black Weregarurumon picked Sora up, and thinking of a way to ensure that Garudamon did not go after Lady Devimon, yelled out "Garudamon, come here right now, or I crush Sora's skull."

In the Mangrove Forest, chaos had torn apart the chosen children. "Evil turns upon itself." Mimi stated, repeating something she had read in a fantasy series a while back, and hoping it was true. But Fallen Devimon's forces seemed so united against the chosen children. Would treachery tear this group apart as well?

"Digimon Kaizer, join me, and we shall crush these fools." Fallen Devimon yelled out, his corrupting ways reawakening the evil within Ken.

"Very well then." Ken said, and instantly, his clothes changed to the ones of the Digimon Kaizer. "Wormmon, kill these fools." The Kaizer ordered, whipping his digimon.

"I knew we couldn't trust him. Digimental Up!" Iori yelled.

"Armadimon! Armor Shinka, Digmon." The armadillo yelled, turning into a drill-filled beetle. As he began slamming his drills into the ground, Palmon grabbed one with her vines, and tried to stop Digmon from killing Ken.

"He can be turned back. Don't kill him." The plant digimon begged, but her plea went unheard. Digmon's drills began spinning, as Leomon ran to stop the attack.

"Retreat. We need to save up our strength, for the battle about to begin." Hikari said, and she and Angewomon flew off.

"You coward." Iori sneered at Hikari, as blade hit drill, and the attack was blocked. While the chosen children clashed in Mangrove, the other battle was almost finished.

"Garudamon, make your choice!" Black Weregarurumon growled at the phoenix digimon.

"Digital world, I'm sorry." She said, a tear weeping down for the innocents that could be hurt. "I surrender. I won't let you hurt Sora." Garudamon flew down to the forest, and Black Weregarurumon, realizing Lady Devimon was far out of reach, left with Yamato, to prepare for the revival.

"How could I be so useless." Sora thought. "My weakness cost us all. Garudamon, Takeru, I'm sorry, because if I was more like Miyako, Takeru, Hikari, or that chosen child with the protectors of the digital world, then Mugen Dramon won't be revived, and this war might have been won. I need to do something, instead of just weighing the chosen children down. I'm just a burden now." Of course, the battle in Mangrove continued. "So, this is the end." Sora said definitively.

"The end of the reign of goodness, and the beginning of an era of darkness the digital world has ever seen. And it's all because of Yamato." Takeru roared angrily.

"Where did Felis go?" Miyako asked, as the feline had disappeared, to prepare for the battle ahead.

"Sticky Net!" Wormmon's net wrapped up the Digimon Kaizer, weakening Devimon's influence. Then, Fallen Devimon flew off with his digimon, leaving the chosen children baffled.
"So, these are the chosen children. Leomon, where's your human?" The Grey Lord's voice echoed from the trees not at all impressed, as he teleported to Mangrove after seeing the chosen children turn against one another. "Come on, how can you save the digital world if you spend more time fighting one another then you do Fallen Devimon?"

"What do you mean? I have a human?" Leomon asked, confused.

"A chosen child." The grey lord specified, and it only shocked the lion digimon further. "Chosen children, King Etemon is being badly beaten to try to help out, while you turn on one another."
"They betrayed me. Hikari ran away, Ken aligned with Devimon, and when Digmon tried to kill him, Leomon and Palmon stopped him." Iori roared in anger.

"You are right." Ken said, returning to his normal self. "I failed us all. I was weak, and Devimon controlled me. You were right to try to kill me, Iori." He said, depressed by the recent turn of events.

"Luckily for us, Fallen Devimon flew off. But why?" Mimi asked, not having any clue that he realized the same thing Hikari did.

"It's quite simple actually. Soon, Mugen Dramon will be back." The grey lord chimed in. "I highly recommend you get to safety before then. Since Hikari already left for the celestial kingdom, you will need to take a portal to get there. " He said, hoping the chosen children would use reason.

"Where would I find a portal?" Mimi asked, confused. Just then, a portal of shimmering white light rose up from the ground, as if it was responding to Mimi. The grey lord then backed away, and returned to his lair.

"It's a trap." Iori stated angrily, and then walked away with Digmon. While the chosen children decided whether or not to go through, Lady Devimon neared Infinity Mountain.

"So, he succeeded in his quest. I will be sure to reward him." Lady Devimon said, recalling the recent events. "My servants await you on Infinity Mountain, and they have already acquired the spellbook." She said, then flew down to the mountain and landed. At that time, Hyogamon flung the spellbook of Fallen Devimon upwards, and into the hands of Skull Satamon.

"Now, perform the jogress." Lady Devimon ordered.

"Why? I have no reason to." Neo cackled, and began to fly off.

"This is why." Lady Devimon responded, and quickly grabbed Neo off Kuwagumon, and held him at spear-point.

"Of course, my mistress. I don't know what I was thinking to ever give you anything less then absolute obedience." Neo whimpered, terrified for his life. Three digivices appeared in his hand, as he began the ritual of jogress.

"Metal Tyrannomon!"

"Andromon!"

"Giga Dramon!"

"Jogress Shinka, Mugen Dramon!"

The earth shook, the heavens trembled, and the hells cowered in fear, for one of the thirteen had been reborn. A metal dragon, with teeth that could bite through mithril, and twin cannons that could destroy a mountain in one shot. A claw sharper then Fallen Devimon's, and rocket boosters enabling him to fly almost as fast as Saber Leomon ran, though he had no wings. A thick coat of Admantium and Mithril covered his body, and he was a machine of total destruction, with the mind of the previous one.

"Finding an omake beginning is harder then I thought." Chibi-Takeru stated, looking through Astinus's library. "Oh well, lets rejoin the second fellowship of the ring, and their adventures that are oddly similar to the first."

"Let the omake begin!" Chibi-Sora stated.

"Okay, so how will we get to Mordor?" Chibi-Miyako asked. "Which way is it from here anyway?"

Chibi-Fizban began thinking for a while, and then he concluded, "I don't remember."

"Nevermind, I've got a map." Chibi-Tasslehoff added.

"Does it have any seaports in the middle of a desert?" Chibi-Parn asked, knowing of the Tarsis incident.

"We don't really have any better leads. Besides, it's not like middle-earth had a cataclysm." Deedlit said, and the fellowship began walking.

"Why are we walking? Why don't we just fly on eagles or something?" Chibi-Deedlit asked, and all of the fellowship looked at one another.

"You know, I never thought of that." Chibi-Fizban stated, and then spoke some words in the language of magic, and Pyrite appeared, sleeping. Everyone sweatdropped.

"Can't you summon any dragons that are awake?" Chibi-Sora asked, and then Fizban summoned Silvara, wide awake.

"Well, get on then, so I can fly you to Mordor." Chibi-Silvara ordered, and the second fellowship complied. Thus passed the time of the second fellowship walking to Mordor, and began the time of the dragon-flight. Silvara flew the fellowship to the misty mountains, and then a blizzard hit.
"Get down, You'll need to walk through Moria instead."
"Are you kidding? There's a Balrog in Moria." Chibi-Miyako asked. "You're a silver dragon, you can take the cold."
"Yeah, but you can't." Chibi-Silvara responded, and the second fellowship went to the door of Moria. On the door it read in elven something translating roughly to "Speak friend, and the doors will open." After deducing it was a password door, Chibi-Fizban tried all sorts of words.

"Assa!" "Bel'lanner!" "Sii'lava!" Fizban yelled out, and many more I do not care to list here. Then, Chibi-Deedlit, being an elf, realized what should be spoken.

"Mellon." She said, and the doors swung open. At the gate were a bunch of orc corpses, and the towering beast Chibi-Narse. It promptly pushed Chibi-Fizban into a deep pit, and he tried to escape.

"Now how did that spell go again?" "I've got it." Pveatherf." Chibi-Fizban began, trying to cast featherfall, but finding it too late, as chicken feathers swirled around him, he hit the feathery ground, and a splattering noise was made.

"Take this, demon dragon. Heaven's Knuckle!" Chibi-Angemon yelled, and all that was visible was white light, due to the attack.

"Sadly, our time is up." Chibi-Takeru stated, and began to wave goodbye, then realized the light made it impossible.

Next time, Mugen Dramon's revival sparks a war between Lady Devimon and Fallen Devimon, just as Felis had planned. The chosen children seek sanctuary in the Upper Kingdom, but even it may not be safe, and treachery has turned many of the chosen children against each other. How can it be evil that turns upon itself, when the heroes are torn apart? Find out next time on episode seven of Digimon Adventure: Fallen Devimon's Saga, Terror of Mugen Dramon! Upper Kingdom under siege!