Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Faith ❯ Awaken ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't Own Digimon
 
“Kouji,” a girl cried tears streaming down her face. She gripped his hand tightly, trying to gain his response. “Please,” she cried harder as a doctor walked into the room.
 
“Izumi? that is your name?” He said checking Kouji's heart beat.
 
“Yes,” she gave a short answer tears still dripping down her face. “Is he going to wake up?”
 
“He will, but I'm not sure how soon. He was hit hard and has a serious head wound. Just wait, the nurses will be in to set up a bed,” The doctor walked off leaving Izumi alone. The room was lighted poorly, but large. He was in the middle she would sleep to his left.
 
She walked out to the outside where she quickly made a few calls. Once finished, Izumi quickly hurried into Kouji's room. There was already a second bed waiting to the right of him, set up just for her. The familiar beeping sound filled her ears assuring her that he was alive.
 
She stood next to him, avoiding her bed for right now. She took his hand in hers once more, a single tear running down her cheek. She remembered how this all came to be. They had called her, on her cell, but she didn't give them her number. And why her? Then she remembered, she had given Kouji her number slipped it into his pocket. Suddenly the door slammed open as a teen ran to the bed. She gasped in shock before she realized it was only Takuya.
 
“Izumi, what happened to him?” He asked, staring into Kouji's almost white face. He looked up, seeing tears in her eyes he held his finger up, wiping away the salt water.
 
“A maniac hit him on the high way,” She managed to get out as another two forms walked in. Kouichi immediately ran too his brothers side. He was always staring at the heart monitor. Junpei ran up to Izumi, trying to calm the girl down. “You don't even care, Kouji could die; and all you do is come to me.”
 
Junpei put his head down and released her now free hand. A lound ding rang through the hospital as the speakers sounded.
 
“All non-resident visitors must leave the premises. Visiting hours run from 12-7 pm. It is now 7 pm.” It announced as the three boys began to depart.
 
“Hey, why aren't you leaving?” Takuya asked before he exited.
 
“I'm a resident visitor,” she said as he nodded, walking off. She went back to Kouji, tears once again falling from her eyes. A tear fell onto his cheek as she rested her head on his chest. She could hear his hear beat at a slow pace. It pumped just enough so the blood reached throughout the entire body.
 
She could hear the oxygen go in and out of his lungs. She gripped his hand tighter as his heart skipped a beat. She lifted her head up. His gown was now soaked with tears. She got into her own bed still holding his hand. Closing her eyes she fell into another pain filled slumber.
 
The clock beeped twice, it read 12:00pm. Izumi was asleep. Her hand still tightly connected to Kouji's. Her eyes flashed open as a small bit a pressure squeezed her hand. He had awoken. She was sure of it when a small moan left his mouth. She stood from her bed, now by his side. His eyes flickered open, her eyes filled with tears.
 
“Kouji,” she sobbed, taking his cheek in her hand. He tilted his head, he kissed the inner palm of her hand that was stroking his cheek. She smiled a little, a doctor marching in to check. “He woke up.”
 
“Good,” he said checking the monitors. He next went to Kouji, checking his eyes, the young male blinked. He took hi hand, silently asking Izumi to move out of his way. “Can you squeeze your right hand?” He asked. There was no response, he looked up. Kouji's eyes were closed, his breaths were shallow, and his heart beat was slow.
 
Kouji had fallen back into a coma. Izumi looked at the doctor, he shook hi head. The doctor walked over to her.
 
“I'm sorry, he fell back in,” the doctor said leaving the room. Izumi ran up to the bed, he eyes streaking with tears. She leaned her head down, kissing his cheek; a whimper coming out of her mouth. She lifted her head. A single tear ran down her cheek and on to his.
 
She gripped his hand tighter with both hands. She prayed for him silently to wake up. “Wake up, please,” she cried her voice broken and unstable. Suddenly the monitor went to a long never ending beep. His heart had stopped working. “Help,” she called as doctors raced in.
 
They gave electro shocks to his heart, trying to revive the dead, still motion heart. It took a few tries till he was given that second chance at life. Izumi was crying very hard, you could tell by the salt water puddle at her feet. When the doctors left she ran up to Kouji. Tears poured onto his face as her hand gripped his.
 
Her eyes grew wide as he began to toss and turn. He squeezed her hand, opening his gorgeous dark blue globes. She held a weak, shaky smile on her face. She was trying to hide her own pain. He reached for her face, stroking her soft cheek. He struggled to get up but she quickly shook her head in disapproval.
 
The doctors came in again, checking him over for any problems. All through Izumi stayed by his side, smiling, hiding her pain.
 
“He's bleeding into his tempral lobe. We'll need immediate operation,” the doctor said as she nodded. “We'll need your ok.”
 
“Ok,” she agreed as they rushed him to the OR. She lied down on her cot, thinking over the last few days. The pain and suffering she'd cry for. Yet again relief for her loved one was alive.
 
She had waited 2 hours for the procedure to be over. Another 2 for him to recover; it had been 4 hours since she had last saw him. The doctors told her that everything went well and he should be waking up in the next hour.
 
Izumi's hand once more held Kouji's, it was 12:30pm, visiting hours. Kouichi walked into the hospital room, heading towards his twin brothers cot. He took his free hand, bringing it to his lips.
 
“He woke up,” she said as Kouichi's mouth smiled, “He also almost died. He just got out of surgery.”
 
“Surgery?” He questioned looking at his brother.
 
“He was bleeding into his tempral lobe," Izumi said as she felt Kouji squeeze her hand.
 
 
Author's Note: I wrote this sailing while watching HOUSE so as you can see I like medical stuff. So yeah. What will happen to Kouji? Will he remember? Or will he forget everything? And where is Tomoki? Find out in the next installment of Fallen Faith, Love Yah!
 
michelle C: Thank you so so so much for reviewing. And yeah I hope I your happy with this chapter u rock
 
nightangel15: Thank you for reviewing my story and yeah barney should be killed your absolutely right.
 
Well please Review it helps me right, Love yah!